PDA

View Full Version : Baby Boom in Coastal Oregon

oregonpackfan
09-03-2008, 09:53 AM
OB/gyn doctors and hospitals are bracing for a baby boom on the northwest coast of Oregon.

Last December, a huge storm with winds over 100 mph and heavy rains hit many small towns. They had no power for days and some towns were flooded.

If you watched the show "Axmen" on the History Channel, you saw how the four logging crews in the Vernonia area had their work halted by the storm.

Suddenly the townspeople had a lot of idle time on their hands. If you do the math, that is why the area will shortly be experiencing a baby boom! :lol:

mraynrand
09-03-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm a little concerned about those logging crews during the blackout.

sheepshead
09-03-2008, 06:55 PM

My Grandfather and his people were loggers in the UP and later in iron mines. I'm sure I'm a descended of the same sort of mischief.

:oops:

packinpatland
09-03-2008, 07:18 PM
OB/gyn doctors and hospitals are bracing for a baby boom on the northwest coast of Oregon.

Last December, a huge storm with winds over 100 mph and heavy rains hit many small towns. They had no power for days and some towns were flooded.

If you watched the show "Axmen" on the History Channel, you saw how the four logging crews in the Vernonia area had their work halted by the storm.

Suddenly the townspeople had a lot of idle time on their hands. If you do the math, that is why the area will shortly be experiencing a baby boom! :lol:

So.......would this be considered a 'Perfect Storm' ? :wink:

MadtownPacker
09-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Woa!

I thought this thread was going to be about OPF's Johnny Appleseed-like run with his sperm through out Oregon.

falco
09-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Woa!

I thought this thread was going to be about OPF's Johnny Appleseed-like run with his sperm through out Oregon.

i spent a week in oregon but i couldn't even pump my own gas while i was there

MJZiggy
09-03-2008, 09:37 PM

My Grandfather and his people were loggers in the UP and later in iron mines. I'm sure I'm a descended of the same sort of mischief.

Sorry to break this to you sheep, but we are ALL descended of the same sort of mischief... 8-)

falco
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM

Sorry to break this to you sheep, but we are ALL descended of the same sort of mischief... 8-)

at least all our ancestors aren't yoopers though - i know about all i need to about sheepshead now

oregonpackfan
09-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Woa!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No Madtown, I don't "get around" like that.

Maybe I should make donations to the local sperm bank for extra spending money... :)

sheepshead
09-04-2008, 07:55 AM

at least all our ancestors aren't yoopers though - i know about all i need to about sheepshead now

Yup!! :wink:

sheepshead
09-04-2008, 07:56 AM

Well, that's true. But this way you get an image of those unbathed and unshaven guys in the black and white photos jumpin our grandmas....

ThunderDan
09-05-2008, 11:04 AM

Wow, your grandfather must have been the best logger ever to find trees in iron mines. :shock:

SkinBasket
09-05-2008, 11:12 AM

Wow, your grandfather must have been the best logger ever to find trees in iron mines. :shock:

Now that's the kind of humor I can get behind.

MadtownPacker
09-05-2008, 04:31 PM

:oops:Ya, I could see how you would be a descendant of miners...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pPcvy--GL.jpg