PDA

View Full Version : If you were going to take the Lions seriously...

SkinBasket
09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't. It's still a hurricane of disastrous confusion that's now extending from the field of play to the front offices and now all the way to the airport.

Johnson accuses Bell in luggage theft; Bell calls situation misunderstanding

ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions running back Rudi Johnson says his luggage was taken from the team's practice facility by Tatum Bell.

ohnson was waived by Cincinnati, met with Lions president Matt Millen on Monday and signed a free-agent contact. During the meeting, his two duffel bags were taken from the team's headquarters.

Johnson said Wednesday he was shown surveillance footage Tuesday afternoon that captured the theft and told the Detroit Free Press that Bell looked "suspect" on the video.

The empty bags were returned Tuesday evening, but Johnson said he is still missing $200, his ID, credit cards and clothes.

Bell, however, claimed the situation was a misunderstanding. Bell told the Free Press that defensive end Victor DeGrate, whom the Lions released Saturday, had asked Bell to pick up his bags for him. Bell picked up the bags, not realizing they weren't DeGrate's.

"I wasn't thinking or nothing," Bell told the newspaper. "I just grabbed the backpack and grabbed the other bag. They weren't in nobody's locker or nothing like that. They were just sitting there by the computer area right there. I grabbed them and put them in the car.

"They said they got me on film taking the bags. I said, 'If you look on film, I wasn't in no hurry or nothing.' I was just going about my day," he said.

Bell said he delivered the bags to a female friend of DeGrate's without opening them. Bell told the Free Press that he did not have anything of Johnson's and wanted to clear his name.

"I ain't no thief," Bell told the Free Press. "I ain't never been one, and I ain't never going to be one."

Johnson said he had spoken with Bell and did not plan to involve the police. Johnson told the Free Press that he doesn't believe Bell's version of events.

"I tried to talk to Rudi yesterday, but he was pretty upset, so I let it go," Bell told the newspaper. "I come to find out the bags weren't whose I thought they was. It was just an honest mistake."

Johnson replaced Bell on Detroit's 53-man roster.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

PackerTimer
09-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Tatum Bells needs some English lessons. God almighty that was brutal.

KYPack
09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Tatum isn't worried. He's going to catch on with NASA, launching rockets and shit.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Tatum isn't worried. He's going to catch on with NASA, launching rockets and shit.

.....like Jethro planning to be a brain surgeon.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2222/2223760507_a6a787c1d5.jpg

mraynrand
09-03-2008, 06:49 PM

.....like Jethro planning to be a brain surgeon.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2222/2223760507_a6a787c1d5.jpg

Dammit smithers, this isn't rocket science, IT'S BRAIN SURGERY!!!

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7325/simpsonsbrainsurgery1qk.th.jpg

sheepshead
09-03-2008, 06:56 PM
or my fav

"this isn't rocket surgery.."

sheepshead
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I am wondering how this sort of thing plays out in the locker room??

MadtownPacker
09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I am wondering how this sort of thing plays out in the locker room??They probably feel a lot better knowing they dont have to check on their property during half time.

KYPack
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
I am wondering how this sort of thing plays out in the locker room??They probably feel a lot better knowing they dont have to check on their property during half time.

It's tough to take a shower holding your wallet in your left hand.

swede
09-03-2008, 08:07 PM

It is threads like this that keep me clicking on the Packerrats icon like a lab monkey in a crack study.

Good job, boys!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/SmallGoldTrophy.jpg

Iron Mike
09-03-2008, 08:45 PM

I'd like to see Tatum pilot the double naught spy car!!!

http://www.tvland.com/shows/beverlyhillbillies/images/max_baer_jethro_bodine.jpg

bobblehead
09-03-2008, 10:50 PM

It is threads like this that keep me clicking on the Packerrats icon like a lab monkey in a crack study.

Good job, boys!

Even better are the lab rat studies with 2 buttons, 1) an electrode hooked to the orgasm control in the brain. 2) releases food and water.

The buttons only work once every 30 minutes or so, and almost every rat in the study starved to death.

mraynrand
09-03-2008, 10:53 PM

Good job, boys!

Even better are the lab rat studies with 2 buttons, 1) an electrode hooked to the orgasm control in the brain. 2) releases food and water.

The buttons only work once every 30 minutes or so, and almost every rat in the study starved to death.

Is that what that other button is? I better hit that one, I think I may be hungry.

oregonpackfan
09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Getting back to the topic thread, the only way I would take the Lions seriously is if they got a new owner, a new GM, and moved to a different city.

If none of those happens, the Lions will continue to be one of the worst teams in the NFL, IMO.

Fritz
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
It starts with the ownership. What other NFL franchise would keep a GM with a 31-81 career record?

Millen is smart, though. He's got it worked out so everyone in Detroit is calling this "Marinelli's Team" and saying Marinelli has had a lot of say in molding this team in his image.

Thus, if and when the Lions suck (again, still), Millen can simply can Marinelli and carry on.

Smart guy, that Millen.

KYPack
09-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Millen is a goof of a GM, but he's outlasted some really good GM's. Fat Matt is a genius for keeping a check producing gig.

His secret is buddy packing with the owner and letting him pat him on the back and say "don't worry Matt".

Matt should be worried, but I get the feeling he isn't

Jerry Tagge
09-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Lions may be a stupid organization all around, but they didn't get rid of a first ballot HOF QB who finished 2nd in the MVP voting last year so they could start a QB who has only proven he's more fragile than Rex Grossman.

Bears and Vikings fans are laughing at the Packers. Then again, the only fans who think getting rid of Favre for an unproven delicate flower is brilliant are Packers fans.

SnakeLH2006
09-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Damn glad we aren't Lion "fans"...do they have those, wow that must suck. My buddy Tim is from Detroit and is a Lions and Raiders fan who rips on the Pack all the time. Funny shit rooting for the 2 worst NFL teams the past few seasons. Well hey, I might rip TT for being a boy-toucher (not confirmed) yet he can draft some good ones other than Justin Harrell cuz that dude sucks ass, and so does the NFL player :lol: but here's some powerful shit, hahahaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ7t3O1NWvA&feature=related

SkinBasket
09-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Lions may be a stupid organization all around, but they didn't get rid of a first ballot HOF QB who finished 2nd in the MVP voting last year so they could start a QB who has only proven he's more fragile than Rex Grossman.

Bears and Vikings fans are laughing at the Packers. Then again, the only fans who think getting rid of Favre for an unproven delicate flower is brilliant are Packers fans.

You're a few weeks late on your Favre angst there buddy. The only team's fans that should be laughing about anyone else's QB situation in the NFCN is Detroit, anyway, but they've got enough other issues to know better.

Fritz
09-06-2008, 08:30 AM

If your first paragraph above is suggesting that the Packers are a worse organization than the Lions, then you really did get knocked in the head too much in your QB days, Mr. Tagge.

IF you think the Packers made one bad decision - even a really bad one - that doesn't make it a worse organization than the one that has made (and continues to make) the same bad moves, over and over and over and over and over and over and over.