PDA

View Full Version : Packers Rank THIRD in FO DVOA projections

boiga
09-03-2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2008/09/03/ramblings/dvoa-ratings/6516/

Football Outsiders have the Packers at #3, behind NE and Philly but ahead of Ind, SD, and Min.

We've got the 8th best offense, the 2nd best defense (wow!), and the 6th best special teams. They project Green Bay to have 10.4 wins and win the conference.

The Vikes are right on our heels at #5 with 9.9 projected wins. The numbers like us, but if both teams play as expected, Monday night will probably determine who wins the conference. No pressure guys. [/code]

pbmax
09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Football Outsiders and McGinn were the only people who saw last year's Packers coming. FO had them winning the division when no one else did. With a new QB though, their projections probably have a harder time with our offense than with our defense.

Dabaddestbear
09-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Mark this thread and save it. Packers WILL NOT be ranked anywhere near the Top 10 in offense this year.

Spaulding
09-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Mark this thread and save it. Packers WILL NOT be ranked anywhere near the Top 10 in offense this year.

Mark this down and save it, the Bears won't be ranked anywhere in the Top 20 in offense this year. In fact, given their retreads at QB, unknown running game (although it's addition by subtraction with Benson), aging line and lack of a #1 or #2 wide receiver I'd wager somewhere between #25 and #30.

Gunakor
09-05-2008, 02:46 PM

The Bears WILL be ranked in the bottom 5 in offense this year, so thier fans should not be calling out other teams for thier offensive woes.

Mark that and save it.

Gunakor
09-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Spaulding beat me to it...

MadtownPacker
09-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Mark this thread and save it. Packers WILL NOT be ranked anywhere near the Top 10 in offense this year.Haha, the bearclown must have hibernated too long. Forgetting how you spewed the same garbage last season? What happened to the bears getting back to the Superbowl? Wasn't 7 wins good enough to get a bye and homefield advantage? :taunt:

pack4to84
09-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Mark this thread and save it. Packers WILL NOT be ranked anywhere near the Top 10 in offense this year. Like the bears will finish this season with a top 10 defense :lol: . Remember last year I said the Packers would finish with a better defense then the bears. Well that wasn't as hard as I thought 26 other teams did it too. You guys will win no more then 6 games this season (thats if thing go your way). I predict 3-13 so get use too losing. 2nd straight season as the last place of the North division. You ready to watch the Colts throw up 40 points on your bears defense on Sunday Night.

Scott Campbell
09-05-2008, 08:49 PM

It'll probably end up with all your threads from last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SnakeLH2006
09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2008/09/03/ramblings/dvoa-ratings/6516/

Football Outsiders have the Packers at #3, behind NE and Philly but ahead of Ind, SD, and Min.

We've got the 8th best offense, the 2nd best defense (wow!), and the 6th best special teams. They project Green to have 10.4 wins and win the conference.

The Vikes are right on our heels at #5 with 9.9 projected wins. The numbers like us, but if both teams play as expected, Monday night will probably determine who wins the conference. No pressure guys. [/code]

Give me what they are drinking...I expect 9-10 wins, but the 2nd best defense??? In the NFC North right? Wow those dudes are champs for sure.

http://www.bridgetobridge.com/images/2006/specialOlympicsMainPage.jpg

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Mark this thread and save it. Packers WILL NOT be ranked anywhere near the Top 10 in offense this year. Like the bears will finish this season with a top 10 defense :lol: . Remember last year I said the Packers would finish with a better defense then the bears. Well that wasn't as hard as I thought 26 other teams did it too. You guys will win no more then 6 games this season (thats if thing go your way). I predict 3-13 so get use too losing. 2nd straight season as the last place of the North division. You ready to watch the Colts throw up 40 points on your bears defense on Sunday Night.
I laugh loud as I type.
Well I guess we can only win 2 more games now according to you..lol. You just worry about your Pack against a tough Vikings team tonight.
I will lock your post so I can always have a good laugh.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 08:54 AM

Mark this down and save it, the Bears won't be ranked anywhere in the Top 20 in offense this year. In fact, given their retreads at QB, unknown running game (although it's addition by subtraction with Benson), aging line and lack of a #1 or #2 wide receiver I'd wager somewhere between #25 and #30.
Do you know about their running game this now? Rookie Forte rushed for over 120 yards against last years #3 run defense.

mission
09-08-2008, 08:58 AM

Do you know about their running game this now? Rookie Forte rushed for over 120 yards against last years #3 run defense.

Misleading Colts-with-the-lead-all-game #3 run defense ... if Forte puts up 120 against the Pack I'll owe you a beer ;-)

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Misleading Colts-with-the-lead-all-game #3 run defense ... if Forte puts up 120 against the Pack I'll owe you a beer ;-)

Deal! -- the only problem is, I dont drink. So I will just give it to the Norse fan, Rastak..lol

mission
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM

Deal! -- the only problem is, I dont drink. So I will just give it to the Norse fan, Rastak..lol

He's gonna need a bunch of em after tonight

</trash>

:lol: