PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Prediction

Joemailman
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Who will win it?

Scott Campbell
09-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Joe voted for the Packers. I voted for the evil Patriots. Losing the Superbowl last year is just going to make them angry.

Pacopete4
09-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I voted the Jets to make everything about Brett Favre

Joemailman
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Joe voted for the Packers. I voted for the evil Patriots. Losing the Superbowl last year is just going to make them angry.

Losing to the Packers will make them angrier. The last time the Packers lost the NFC Title Game, they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl the next year.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM

Losing to the Packers will make them angrier. The last time the Packers lost the NFC Title Game, they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl the next year.

Great pic Joe.

mmmdk
09-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Why is Jets not under "other" teams? :lol: Silly!

MOBB DEEP
09-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I voted the Jets to make everything about Brett Favre

he he...

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I see Rastak voted.

BF4MVP
09-04-2008, 08:28 PM
The Pack win their 13th championship :D

oregonpackfan
09-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I think the Colts are going to take it. The Patriots will be tough in the AFC but will eventually lose out to Peyton Manning and his teammates.

Lurker64
09-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Nobody voting for the Jets could possibly be serious. As great as Brett is, have you seen the rest of that team? Were you aware they were 4-12 last year?

BF4MVP
09-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Nobody voting for the Jets could possibly be serious. As great as Brett is, have you seen the rest of that team? Were you aware they were 4-12 last year?
Exactly what I was thinking...

Joemailman
09-04-2008, 09:30 PM
I certainly wouldn't pick the Jets, but it's not totally far fetched. They were a playoff team 2 years ago. They were hit hard by injuries last year. If Favre stays healthy, and Brady and Manning don't, anything could happen.

Gunakor
09-04-2008, 09:30 PM

They also spent a whole hell of a lot of money in FA this offseason. And they had a pretty high draft pick, one that might contribute this year too. I highly doubt they even make the Super Bowl or even win thier division, but this is not really the same team that went 4-12 last year.

Joemailman
09-04-2008, 10:56 PM
If this poll is accurate (and how could it not be), the Packers and Jets should meet in the Super Bowl. Cool!

Pacopete4
09-05-2008, 12:27 AM
If this poll is accurate (and how could it not be), the Packers and Jets should meet in the Super Bowl. Cool!

Two of the coolest chants in the NFL... should be a fun one

mission
09-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Six votes for the JETS ... our collective IQ continues to plummet...

Pacopete4
09-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Six votes for the JETS ... our collective IQ continues to plummet...

Could say the same thing about people who voted for the Packers.. IMO you don't lose your HOF QB and win a SB the next year.. specially when we've already showed signed of being banged up

the point is Mission.. its a poll, a fun poll... for people to choose whoever the hell they wanna... The jets have a boatload of talent and hey, who knows.. Favre might spark something there.. or were you the one guy who knew the Giants were gonna win the super bowl last season? :roll:

Guiness
09-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I think this is an interesting year, as there are a lot of teams that could really make a go. My short list would be in the NFC, Packers, Cowboys, Vikings and Bucs (a lot would have to go right). I might even be convinced to throw the Eagles in there. In the AFC, Patriots, Jaguars, Bolts and you can't count out the Steelers. Nine teams looking like challengers is a lot.

(yes, I know I left out the Colts. I think they're due for a fall)

cpk1994
09-05-2008, 01:25 PM

They also spent a whole hell of a lot of money in FA this offseason. And they had a pretty high draft pick, one that might contribute this year too. I highly doubt they even make the Super Bowl or even win thier division, but this is not really the same team that went 4-12 last year.Ask Daniel Snyder and Zigi Wilf how many SB they have been to since "spending alot of money on FA". It doesn't automatically make you better.

Gunakor
09-05-2008, 01:44 PM

They also spent a whole hell of a lot of money in FA this offseason. And they had a pretty high draft pick, one that might contribute this year too. I highly doubt they even make the Super Bowl or even win thier division, but this is not really the same team that went 4-12 last year.Ask Daniel Snyder and Zigi Wilf how many SB they have been to since "spending alot of money on FA". It doesn't automatically make you better.

True, but it does make them different. That is not the same team that went 4-12 last year.

Keep in mind that of the FA's they've signed this year, one is a lock for the HOF and another is likely to be. And that's just on offense. With the pieces they've added on defense on top of it they should have a solid team this year. Not better than the Pats, but undoubtedly better than 4-12.

mmmdk
09-05-2008, 09:13 PM

...if that happened - Packers win! No doubt!

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Cowboys will beat the Colts

BZnDallas
09-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Cowboys will beat the Colts

i sure as hell hope not!!!... i'd hate to have to live with the band wagon fans for a whole offseason if that were to happen!!

:bang:

mmmdk
09-07-2008, 05:58 AM
NFC champ: Cowboys over Vikings.

AFC champ: Chargers over Jaguars.

SB: Cowboys over Chargers.

I took the Stephen King approach to the NFC champ game; naming the worst case scenario and thereby expelling it :lol:

Fred's Slacks
09-07-2008, 08:16 AM
I took the Stephen King approach to the NFC champ game; naming the worst case scenario and thereby expelling it :lol:

Then I think we all owe you a big THANK YOU!!!

And you can all thank me after Adrian Peterson blows out his knee tomorrow night. I only know it will happen because I got him in my fantasy draft. :twisted:

Badgerinmaine
09-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Hard not to choose New England in this sort of poll.

Badgerinmaine
09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I certainly wouldn't pick the Jets, but it's not totally far fetched. They were a playoff team 2 years ago. They were hit hard by injuries last year. If Favre stays healthy, and Brady and Manning don't, anything could happen.

I think that's true, though I think a wild card berth and a first round loss are a more likely scenario for Gang Green.