PDA

View Full Version : Speech writers on strike?

packinpatland
09-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Watching Sarah Palin give a speech in WS, live on MSNBC...........line and verse, nuances included.......the same speech she gave two nights ago..... :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Watching Sarah Palin give a speech in WS, live on MSNBC...........line and verse, nuances included.......the same speech she gave two nights ago..... :roll:

Welcome to politics. Have you been paying attention? It's what every candidate does now. They have a few talking points, and they rarely deviate from the message they are trying to send.

mraynrand
09-05-2008, 12:03 PM

Gosh, I HOPE the democrats CHANGE their message.

mraynrand
09-05-2008, 12:04 PM

Libs love nuances. Live it up.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2008, 12:23 PM
It's called a stump speech.

And ya, it does get kind of embarassing when they deliver the same spontaneous joke and chuckle the same way 100 times in a row.

I could never be a politiician. I'll continue to resist the constant pressure to run for higher office, I feel I can do more good posting on the interest.

retailguy
09-05-2008, 01:08 PM

Kind of reminds me of that other guy... you know the one, with the "change you can believe in" mantra.... :roll:

Maxie the Taxi
09-05-2008, 04:29 PM

Palin knows how to give a speech.

If you want to see her in action sans script, try this:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=836304396

[If I were Joe Biden, I'd be scared.]

packinpatland
09-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Sure would be nice if she could answer a question or two from the press.....
Practiced speeches are good for the crowds....but when do we get to actually 'hear' from her?

Freak Out
09-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Practiced speeches are good for the crowds....but when do we get to actually 'hear' from her?

Don't be a trouble maker.

mraynrand
09-05-2008, 05:57 PM

Don't be a trouble maker.

Says the guy who wants Giuliani dead.

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2008, 05:59 PM

This is the same criticism that many have of Barack Obama, as well. They say that if you take away his prepared speech and teleprompter, he's not very good. The debates should be interesting.

texaspackerbacker
09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
The latest left wing mantra is "let Sarah face the questions of the media".

It's just a matter of creating pent up demand--let the bastards sweat a little bit , then give'em what they are asking for. The leftist mainstream media had better be careful what they wish for, though. Sarah Palin is real and genuine and in tune with the great majority of good normal people in this country. The elitist assholes of the left just can't comprehend that. They have the audacity to hope that when she expresses her good normal pro-American pro-Christian views, positions, and values in answer to their questions that it will LOSE her votes. Just keep on thinking that, you sick America-hating assholes. That line of thought got Gore beat; It got Kerry beat; And it will get Obama beat--ultimately by a larger margin than the other two leftist candidates.

HowardRoark
09-07-2008, 09:45 PM

I heard she's holding out for Oprah.

sheepshead
09-08-2008, 08:00 AM

I know it's been 10 WHOLE DAYS!!

Barry took 19 months to go on oreilly.

SkinBasket
09-08-2008, 08:11 AM

This is the same criticism that many have of Barack Obama, as well. They say that if you take away his prepared speech and teleprompter, he's not very good. The debates should be interesting.

He'll just do what Al Gore did. Memorize several vignettes about small town America, ignore whatever question was actually asked, and recite "Let me tell you about [Insert Strong American Name], a [Insert Good American Job Title] I recently met in [Insert Mid Sized Rural Town], who's been struggling to keep [Insert Health Care/Job/or Savings] in the face of [Insert Evil McCain backed Legislation]...

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM

I heard she's holding out for Oprah.

Looks like it will be Charlie Gibson first (Friday?)

bobblehead
09-08-2008, 04:25 PM

He'll just do what Al Gore did. Memorize several vignettes about small town America, ignore whatever question was actually asked, and recite "Let me tell you about [Insert Strong American Name], a [Insert Good American Job Title] I recently met in [Insert Mid Sized Rural Town], who's been struggling to keep [Insert Health Care/Job/or Savings] in the face of [Insert Evil McCain backed Legislation]...

Dude, if I ever run for office I'm gonna have skin be my speech writer...brilliant. I'll probably drop the line about choking you from behind with my cock though.

SkinBasket
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Dude, if I ever run for office I'm gonna have skin be my speech writer...brilliant. I'll probably drop the line about choking you from behind with my cock though.

I believe the specific threat was strangulation, not choking. Choking infers I would put it in his dirty dirty mouth.