PDA

View Full Version : Solid bets

RashanGary
09-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Aaron Rodgers has an over/under completion percentage of 59%

Brandon Jackson has an over/under yards rushing of 350

I think both are solid bets. I might pull the trigger over the weekend. Last year I won $180. I'm hoping to win a couple hundred again this year. I'm a newbie gambler, but it's pretty fun considering I won last time :). If I lose, I'll quit, but why stop a good thing while I'm rolling, right?

falco
09-05-2008, 07:04 PM
JustinHarrell says something just to create controversy in the next 24 hours.

gex
09-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Romper Room

packers11
09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I did two prop bets last night on Plaxico...

Lets just say... I won by a mile 8-)

Bretsky
09-05-2008, 08:01 PM

I think both are solid bets. I might pull the trigger over the weekend. Last year I won $180. I'm hoping to win a couple hundred again this year. I'm a newbie gambler, but it's pretty fun considering I won last time :). If I lose, I'll quit, but why stop a good thing while I'm rolling, right?

17 games would mean $21 or so per game. I think Jackson is a solid bet.

If I had to bet on the QB I'd go with AROD over 59%; but I'm not sure I'd put my money on that one.

What is the over under for Packer wins ? I may take that if it's 8-8.5. Of course if GB falls on their face then everybody will blame me :!:

RashanGary
09-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Nice work, packers11. Keep track of your bets (wins and losses). If you find you're losing over time you might want to quit. If you're winning, well, keep it up. It's a great way to enjoy football if you're good at picking your spots.

I do like both of these bets. It's tough becasue I have to give up 20% on each bet. I have to bet $120 to win $100 on both.

Are there any other sites (other than bodog) that have good player props?

RashanGary
09-05-2008, 08:08 PM

17 games would mean $21 or so per game. I think Jackson is a solid bet.

If I had to bet on the QB I'd go with AROD over 59%; but I'm not sure I'd put my money on that one.

What is the over under for Packer wins ? I may take that if it's 8-8.5. Of course if GB falls on their face then everybody will blame me :!:

I'm affraid to bet on the over of (8 or 8.5) because of the possiblity that Rodgers gets injured and a rookie or shitty vet has to play. If that happened and it's VERY VERY possible, I would very likely lose my money. Plus they make you give 20-30% on the bet. I don't love it. It tells you a lot about how I feel about Rodgers durablity (not great).

The completion percentage seems safer to me becasue if he goes down after 5 games I still win my money if he's over 59.5%.

I like the Jackson bet because it's only 22 yards per game and I think he'll play pretty regularly.

Maybe I'll just dive in and put $120 on each. It's too tough to decide.

RashanGary
09-05-2008, 08:13 PM
We'll see. The Rodgers bet takes injury risk out of it. I'm confident in his fundementals (biggest factor in throwing accuracy) and in his decision making. Tavaris Jackson had a 58% completion percentage last year. I have to think he can beat that by two.

SnakeLH2006
09-05-2008, 11:59 PM
JustinHarrell says something completely baseless and stupid off his wine coolers in the next 24 hours.

http://coolavatars.net/avatars/24/whhaaaak.gif

Jerry Tagge
09-06-2008, 12:03 AM

What's the over/under on the number of games Rodgers plays in this year?

It's probably 2. I'll take the under.

Tarlam!
09-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Jerry, go check out the Contract with America thread, then get back to us.