PDA

View Full Version : "We Know What We Are Doing"

Carolina_Packer
09-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Here is an interview that the Wisconsin State Journal (Jason Wilde, I assume by the by line) did with MM and TT. There were some pretty pointed questions for them. An interesting read. Reporters have some balls to ask some of these questions.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports//303828

I think they deflected them well. I think Ted Thompson gets a bad rap because of his vanilla speak, and the fact that he seems to have no interest in really defending himself fully against criticism. I don't believe it's because he doesn't care, but because he just takes it in stride. If you follow what the fans want all the time, you end up sitting with them.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2008, 10:05 AM
If you follow what the fans want all the time, you end up sitting with them.

Great line. I'll probably use that some time.

Badgerinmaine
09-07-2008, 12:08 PM
If you follow what the fans want all the time, you end up sitting with them.

Great line. I'll probably use that some time.

It's an old one...I think it goes back to Bill Veeck when he owned the White Sox in the 1950s. But, it's still true!

Pacopete4
09-07-2008, 03:49 PM
"we know what we are doing".... hmm, we'll see about that

mission
09-07-2008, 04:01 PM

I vote for Pacopete as our GM. We'd be much better off... when TT gets fired, Ill make sure to call up head office and put in a good word for you. I think we'd definitely win a Super Bowl then!!!

cpk1994
09-07-2008, 04:07 PM

I vote for Pacopete as our GM. We'd be much better off... when TT gets fired, Ill make sure to call up head office and put in a good word for you. I think we'd definitely win a Super Bowl then!!!Don't. You'd be better getting Bart Starr back.

gbgary
09-07-2008, 04:12 PM

they make you scratch your head once in a while but so far, as a whole, i think they've showed that they do know what they're doing.

bobblehead
09-07-2008, 07:13 PM

I vote for Pacopete as our GM. We'd be much better off... when TT gets fired, Ill make sure to call up head office and put in a good word for you. I think we'd definitely win a Super Bowl then!!!

If you do that BF will still be QB in 2018.

Pacopete4
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM

If you do that BF will still be QB in 2018.

As long as he gives us the best chance to win..

texaspackerbacker
09-07-2008, 07:55 PM
They did and do know what they are doing. Despite his decent start with the Jets, Favre does NOT give the Packers the best chance to win.

I was a little bit down on Thompson his first couple of years for not playing close to the edge of the cap like Sherman did. however, Thompson's way has been vindicated by the success.

I fully support the way the handled the Favre mess. By the end of this season, I think--make that predict--that it will be near unanimous that Thompson and McCarthy did it right--by Packer success and Favre/Jets mediocrity.