PDA

View Full Version : WHY??

GrnBay007
09-07-2008, 11:21 AM
WHY do football teams EVER have white pants????????

Spent an hour this morning scrubbing and then finally bleaching those things. Of course it would help if he brought them home more than once a week...lol They look nice now though :D Every momma wants her kid to look clean when he runs out on that field....lol

Exciting year....my son is QB. (scares the shitky out of me in more ways than one) After all those years on Pop Warner, where the coaches kid is always the QB, in Jr. High he's finally getting his shot at it. :D

Go Baby Go!! :clap:

packinpatland
09-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Keep us posted on his team's season............I'll be pulling for him!

BallHawk
09-07-2008, 11:28 AM
May your son's fate not mirror Joey Sunshine's.

MJZiggy
09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Forget the scrubbing, go straight for the bleach. I'm sure he'll do great.

GrnBay007
09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
So the jersey came home today..........it's WHITE too!!! :?

It was my 12 hour day at work, get home at 9:00 .....hey Mom, my uniform needs to be washed, picture day tomorrow. grrrrrr! Boys!!!

oregonpackfan
09-10-2008, 10:51 PM
WHY do football teams EVER have white pants????????

Spent an hour this morning scrubbing and then finally bleaching those things. Of course it would help if he brought them home more than once a week...lol They look nice now though :D Every momma wants her kid to look clean when he runs out on that field....lol
:D

:clap:

My oldest daughter was a gutsy sweeper in soccer and the best base-stealer on her softball team. She frequently had grass/dirt/blood stains on her uniforms.

As the "Laundry Guy" in my household I found that Oxyclean was the best detergent for getting rid of uniform stains. Here is the formula I used:

1. wet the stained area with a water spray bottle.

2. mix in some of the powder form of Oxyclean.

3. Spray the powder until you get a paste.

4. With your fingers, mix in the wet Oxyclean paste into the stain.

5. let it sit for at least half in hour.

6. Then wash it on a regular cycle.

About 90% of the time the stain will come out with the first washing. If the stain is still there repeat steps 1-6. I never had to wash a stained uniform twice in a row.

GrnBay007
09-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks OPF. I'll try that. I heard another remedy also but takes more time. Someone at work told me to soak the clothes in water with cascade dishwashing detergent. Only thing is, that has to sit awhile.

Sure I whine, but I'd have it no other way. :D Having kids playing sports is an awesome experience for a parent and great for the kids.

GBRulz
09-10-2008, 11:26 PM

It was my 12 hour day at work, get home at 9:00 .....hey Mom, my uniform needs to be washed, picture day tomorrow. grrrrrr! Boys!!!

I'm thinking that we need to find real men like OPF :wink:

mraynrand
09-10-2008, 11:28 PM

Is he lost?

GBRulz
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM
no, because he always stops and asks for directions :lol:

mraynrand
09-10-2008, 11:30 PM
no, because he always stops and asks for directions :lol:

But only to the 'adult' store!

GrnBay007
09-10-2008, 11:32 PM

:tup:

GrnBay007
09-16-2008, 12:58 AM
First game tonight....0-1 but such an exciting game. :D Who cares if you work a full day, leave at 3 and don't get home till 8 at night.......Dang, it's fun watching your kids play sports!!! As luck would have it they both have games on the same night during most of the fall season.

bobblehead
09-16-2008, 10:36 AM
You sound like my mom....she scrubbed the piss out of my practice uni....I had the only white one on the field. Most parents wash them...minimal scrubbing and send junior back to the field. Your putting too much effort into it for nothing. Little 007 will be just fine with a hygenic stained uniform.

GrnBay007
09-16-2008, 11:16 PM
You sound like my mom....she scrubbed the piss out of my practice uni....I had the only white one on the field. Maybe I should stop. Were you embarrassed having really white football pants? lol

retailguy
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
You sound like my mom....she scrubbed the piss out of my practice uni....I had the only white one on the field. Maybe I should stop. Were you embarrassed having really white football pants? lol

Ahhh. You're probably just making your kid look like a backup player who never gets on the field... :shock: :D :wink: