PDA

View Full Version : RAIN! Is this good or bad for the Packers?

gbpackfan
09-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Just about every weather website I have checked shows rain for Monday night's game. My initial thought is that we (Packer fans) don't want it to rain because it will hurt our passing game. Am I right? Should I be praying for no rain or do you think we'll be okay if it rains? Hmmmm, I just don't know who the rain hurts the most, us or the queens.

BallHawk
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
It benefits the Vikes. They can pound the rock more successfully than we can. We have the better QB and the more effective passing game, thus we are hurt the most.

red
09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
they have the better run game, so we don't want this to be a mudder

plus we have a new qb already with a ton of pressure, an offense that depends on the pass, a new snapper and holder

we don't need god pissing on us to make this any more difficult for us tomorrow then it already will be

texaspackerbacker
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
For decades I've heard "receivers can still make their cuts on slippery ground, but DBs have a harder time reacting".

I always figured that bad conditions help the weaker team. So assuming the Packers are better, that's a bad thing.

We'll just have to see ..... but I think the Packers win pretty comfortably either way.

Joemailman
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Rain doesn't stop the passing game as much as wind does, and there isn't supposed to be much wind. Don't over analyze this. If there's a lot of rain, the team that can hold on to the ball will probably win.

bobblehead
09-07-2008, 10:40 PM
since MM has them practicing in the climate controlled building instead of out in actual...you know game conditions we would like a nice balmy non-rain night. This is my only real criticism of MM.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Rain would be VERY bad for a defense whose strength is its speed. Te Vikings would win in a blowout if the field is sloppy.

The Gunshooter
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Rain is good otherwise there would be no water to make beer.

Rastak
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Rain is good otherwise there would be no water to make beer.

Hmm, that does make a certain amout of sense.