PDA

View Full Version : WTF? The Bears?!?!

Brando19
09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Damn. The Chicago Bears are on their way to beating the Colts.....IN INDY! What the hell has happened in a year? Or could it be the Colts aren't that good right now with their Center out and Peyton playing off a surgery? All I know is...I hope the Packers whoop the Colts like this.

esoxx
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Bear down Piss and Mold clowns!!!! :twisted:

boiga
09-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Peyton looked horrible out there, like he was playing through pain or something. Most of his passes were a little off, but he also didn't get any help from the receivers.

The bears crammed the line of scrimmage and dared Manning to beat them with the pass... and he couldn't. Last years three AFC behemoths are looking mighty vulnerable this season.

Joemailman
09-07-2008, 11:37 PM
This is why I don't take into account the schedule when trying to determine how the Packers will do. Things can change so quickly. I realize it's only week one, but the AFC looks wide open right now. We may have a shot at the Jets 1st round pick after all.

The Gunshooter
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
The Bears played about as well as they could which tonight was enough to beat down a rusty Colt's offense. I hate to admit it but I am glad GB doesn't play them until mid-November because by then they typically lose 1/3 of their starters to injury.

Pugger
09-08-2008, 12:21 AM
I watched about as much of that game as I could stomach. :P Were the pandas that good or were the dolts that bad?? Indy couldn't run the ball so the bares had rusty Manning running for his life and his receivers couldn't hang onto the ball.

Gee, with Brady possibly done for the year and Indy looking very average at best maybe the tide is changing and the best teams now will be in the NFC... :cnf:

pack4to84
09-08-2008, 04:53 AM
I watched about as much of that game as I could stomach. :P Were the pandas that good or were the dolts that bad?? Indy couldn't run the ball so the bares had rusty Manning running for his life and his receivers couldn't hang onto the ball.

Gee, with Brady possibly done for the year and Indy looking very average at best maybe the tide is changing and the best teams now will be in the NFC... :cnf:NFC was 3-1 vs AFC with only loss coming from the Bills 34-10 drubbing of the Seahawks. Dallas 28-10 over Browns, Panthers 26-24 over SD, and Bears 29-13 over Colts.

Rastak
09-08-2008, 05:49 AM

Gee, with Brady possibly done for the year and Indy looking very average at best maybe the tide is changing and the best teams now will be in the NFC... :cnf:

Bears were kicking ass.....not something I wanted to see but props to them. They came out and overpowered the Colts. I would guess the Colts will be highly motivated next week.

:o

sheepshead
09-08-2008, 06:55 AM
They won with Hester having a "bad" day (bad for him).

Lovie Smith is showing again, what an excellent coach he is. They looked very very good.

MOBB DEEP
09-08-2008, 07:06 AM
This is why I don't take into account the schedule when trying to determine how the Packers will do. Things can change so quickly. I realize it's only week one, but the AFC looks wide open right now. We may have a shot at the Jets 1st round pick after all.

QFT...

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 07:13 AM
opening day doesn't tell you very much. Some teams need more time to settle down, and I fear the Packers may start slow because of preseason injuries.

Bossman641
09-08-2008, 07:26 AM
The Colts looked very un-Coltlike. Dropping passes, Manning was off a bit on his deep throws, burning TO's from running the clock down too far. You could really tell they weren't in sync at all.

sheepshead
09-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Yeah, remember we beat the Giants 35-13 week 3 I think it was in 2007.

mmmdk
09-08-2008, 07:35 AM
The Bears played about as well as they could which tonight was enough to beat down a rusty Colt's offense. I hate to admit it but I am glad GB doesn't play them until mid-November because by then they typically lose 1/3 of their starters to injury.

...that's been their story sans their SB season. Bears looked good and Orton is waaay better QB than Grossman yet that doesn't say much. :) NFC North is black & Blue again and the NFL will know it soon.

SkinBasket
09-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Manning's going to need at least 3 weeks to work that gut off and get in game shape. Mom will make him some cookies this week and he'll feel better.

I like an overconfident Bears team. It makes their inevitable sadness all the more poignant.

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Colts defense looked shitastic. And their offense wasn't much better. Like they say, it's not so much who you play, but when you play 'em. And Harrison getting a ball knocked out by a Bears' db? Only rookies for the Packers have that happen to them - then people say they have 'bad hands.'

MadtownPacker
09-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Harrison getting a ball knocked out by a Bears' db? Only rookies for the Packers have that happen to them - then people say they have 'bad hands.'So does that mean James Jones is HOF bound? :lol:

Cmon now everyone, this game was a fluke. Th bears suck regradless of how many games they win and I damn sure aint gonna give them props for besting a halfass Manning in week 1.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 08:44 AM

Bears were kicking ass.....not something I wanted to see but props to them. They came out and overpowered the Colts. I would guess the Colts will be highly motivated next week.

Well at least the Viking fan gave the Bears some props instead of making excuses as to why they "really" won.

I knew if the Bears won many on here was going to be saying it was because the Colts played bad or because of the injuries on the O-line.

But keep in mind, the Bears had an injured line also. The Bears had its starting left tackle out, left guard moved, and patchwork right guard...next excuse....

Peyton seemed rusty: Well I think anyone in the NFL would take a rusty Manning any day over a Kyle Orton today. So if the QB play was the excuse, are you telling me that Orton is a Better QB ? Hell, no! Manning threw for more yards easily. So put that weak excuse to bed please.

And about any injuries for the Colts that some of you would like to heap on as excuses, its strange that NONE of you said the same thing about the Bears last year that had more starters out that any other team last year(namely on defense).
The Bears defense showed how it looks when healthy. And trust me, they will get better. The Bears were beat by the Colts in the SB because they had poor run defense and had got ran all over in the SB. So they were determined to stop the run--and they did!

Also for all those that doubted the Bears running game...enter rookie Matt Forte! I have had to even try and convince other Bears fans that Forte was the real deal. The rookie was the first Bears rookie to start the opening game and gain over a 100 yards! And this is against a Colts defense that was ranked #3 against the run last year!

The cover two defense wasnt on display as much last night, and the Bears played a lot of man coverage which surprised even me! They have revamped how they attack passing teams. So I say to the other teams in the NFC North --- BEWARE! DA BEARS ARE BACK!

PS. I lost money on them damn Lions last night!!!

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM

...that's been their story sans their SB season. Bears looked good and Orton is waaay better QB than Grossman yet that doesn't say much. :) NFC North is black & Blue again and the NFL will know it soon.

Good point. I think the NFC North has been underrated over the past years because they beat up each other so bad. And with the shakeup happening in the AFC , we all may be ready to make noise in the NFL again.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Harrison getting a ball knocked out by a Bears' db? Only rookies for the Packers have that happen to them - then people say they have 'bad hands.'So does that mean James Jones is HOF bound? :lol:

Cmon now everyone, this game was a fluke. Th bears suck regradless of how many games they win and I damn sure aint gonna give them props for besting a halfass Manning in week 1.
Fluke how? Please explain. I for one didnt see any hail mary plays, or trick plays that got a last second TD. Now that would be considered a fluke.
I saw a stingy defense and ball control offense that looked pretty promising in its run game. In other words, I saw Bears football.

mission
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM

Fluke how? Please explain. I for one didnt see any hail mary plays, or trick plays that got a last second TD. Now that would be considered a fluke.
I saw a stingy defense and ball control offense that looked pretty promising in its run game. In other words, I saw Bears football.

Gotta admit, Forte looked damn good... I just dont see the Bears having enough on paper to keep it up all year.

But that's why they play the games, I guess...

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM

Gotta admit, Forte looked damn good... I just dont see the Bears having enough on paper to keep it up all year.

But that's why they play the games, I guess...
I understand what you mean. But its sure as hell a nice start....lol

mission
09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Yup. Can't tell me you bet the mortgage payment on yesterday's game. Nice surprise for yall.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Yup. Can't tell me you bet the mortgage payment on yesterday's game. Nice surprise for yall.
I only bet 20 bucks..lol.
But I did not think the O-line would hold up against their defense. But the Fans in me said to put money on them anyway..lol.

What surprised me is how they came out on defense bring 8 and 9 down in the box and playing a lot of MAN coverage against the COLTS!?

Good game plan for the Bears, now on to the Panthers.

The Gunshooter
09-08-2008, 09:25 AM

Well at least the Viking fan gave the Bears some props instead of making excuses as to why they "really" won.

I knew if the Bears won many on here was going to be saying it was because the Colts played bad or because of the injuries on the O-line.

But keep in mind, the Bears had an injured line also. The Bears had its starting left tackle out, left guard moved, and patchwork right guard...next excuse....

Peyton seemed rusty: Well I think anyone in the NFL would take a rusty Manning any day over a Kyle Orton today. So if the QB play was the excuse, are you telling me that Orton is a Better QB ? Hell, no! Manning threw for more yards easily. So put that weak excuse to bed please.

And about any injuries for the Colts that some of you would like to heap on as excuses, its strange that NONE of you said the same thing about the Bears last year that had more starters out that any other team last year(namely on defense).
The Bears defense showed how it looks when healthy. And trust me, they will get better. The Bears were beat by the Colts in the SB because they had poor run defense and had got ran all over in the SB. So they were determined to stop the run--and they did!

Also for all those that doubted the Bears running game...enter rookie Matt Forte! I have had to even try and convince other Bears fans that Forte was the real deal. The rookie was the first Bears rookie to start the opening game and gain over a 100 yards! And this is against a Colts defense that was ranked #3 against the run last year!

The cover two defense wasnt on display as much last night, and the Bears played a lot of man coverage which surprised even me! They have revamped how they attack passing teams. So I say to the other teams in the NFC North --- BEWARE! DA BEARS ARE BACK!

I wouldn't get too excited about Forte until he learns how to not take wicked shots like the one Sanders laid on him. That wasn't only big hit either.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 09:27 AM

I wouldn't get too excited about Forte until he learns how to not take wicked shots like the one Sanders laid on him. That wasn't only big hit either.
Did you watch him during the preseason? This guy knows how to deliver and take shots. And who really DOESN'T take wicked shots from Sanders?

Cheesehead Craig
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM
The Bears DL just dominated the Colts OL. That's the winning formula there. Peyton had a hard time getting comfy. It seemed to me that the Bears were more fired up for this one. I think they wanted to come out with a big statement game, and they did.

This reminded me of the Vikes-Packers games under Sherman. The Packers had better talent on the field, but the Vikes came in with a lot more emotion and it showed in how well they played. Same story here, Colts got caught by a very fired up Bears team.

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Bears played a good game. Very conservative highly efficient offense, solid defense. They allowed the Colts to lose the game, and the Colts obliged, although you have to give credit for that defense always making big big plays. When was the last time you saw a team score a defensive TD and lose. That's a great play for the defense. Bears, playing like they did yesterday, will be very competitive.

oregonpackfan
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
And to think I picked the Colts to win the Super Bowl! :shock:

It is not a promising sign of the alleged Super Bowl winners cannot beat the Bears at home in a brand new stadium.

Oh well, it's a long season...

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM
And to think I picked the Colts to win the Super Bowl! :shock:

It is not a promising sign of the alleged Super Bowl winners cannot beat the Bears at home in a brand new stadium.

Oh well, it's a long season...
Well what did you say when the Packers lost twice to them last year?
What I am trying to say is dont be so ignorant to the fact when one team clearly outplays and out coaches another that you may have been rooting for.
When the Pack win a game, even if I dont like it I still give them props unless it was on some hail mary crap..lol. Or at least I will give specific points to why I thought they won or lost, versus the "oh, the (insert Bears opponent here) just played like crap, and was hurt, and gave the game away, and couldnt beat the lowly Bears" ...lol. --- Good lord people, you can sound like a random puppet on ESPN sometimes...lol.

SkinBasket
09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Good lord people, you can sound like a random puppet on ESPN sometimes...lol.

And you sound like my ass when I eat burritos. Seems I only eat burritos when the Bears win. Otherwise there's this strange, predictable, peaceful silence...

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM

And you sound like my ass when I eat burritos. Seems I only eat burritos when the Bears win. Otherwise there's this strange, predictable, peaceful silence...
Funny, I thought you were eating crow :twisted:

bobblehead
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Bears won a big game...grats, I'll only eat crow when the playoffs start. Whoever lasts longest wins.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Bears won a big game...grats, I'll only eat crow when the playoffs start. Whoever lasts longest wins.
Well we all eat crow when we spout in confidence about how some team will get the crap beat out of them or suck it up, only to see that team come out a winner afterwords.. :(

SkinBasket
09-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Funny, I thought you were eating crow :twisted:

Why would I eat crow? I don't recall claiming the Bears would never win a game. I know you're excited that you think your team is on pace for a 16 win season, but remember that half the other teams in the league are too after week 1.

pack4to84
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Also for all those that doubted the Bears running game...enter rookie Matt Forte! I have had to even try and convince other Bears fans that Forte was the real deal. The rookie was the first Bears rookie to start the opening game and gain over a 100 yards! And this is against a Colts defense that was ranked #3 against the run last year! I had a hunch from watch the preseason the Forte was going to be good. So I called my brother told him to draft him in his fantasy football league last week. He drafted him in the 10 rd I think that might be a steel. Thinking that the bear fan drafted Brady 3rd over all.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Also for all those that doubted the Bears running game...enter rookie Matt Forte! I have had to even try and convince other Bears fans that Forte was the real deal. The rookie was the first Bears rookie to start the opening game and gain over a 100 yards! And this is against a Colts defense that was ranked #3 against the run last year! I had a hunch from watch the preseason the Forte was going to be good. So I called my brother told him to draft him in his fantasy football league last week. He drafted him in the 10 rd I think that might be a steel. Thinking that the bear fan drafted Brady 3rd over all.

Yeah, I know a lot of fantasy football Brady drafters that are real upset right now..lol.

Bretsky
09-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Time for a Wake Up Call

The Bears defense is solid when healthy

BEARMAN
09-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Kyle had of started, Da BEARS would have won that SB !

This is regular season, a win is a WIN !

Kyle looked good, steady, confiedent, a pro.

Go BEARS Go !

Look out cheese eaters, Da BEARS are comming, ... and they are hungery !

Iron Mike
09-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Well we all eat crow when we spout in confidence about how some team will get the crap beat out of them or suck it up, only to see that team come out a winner afterwords.. :(

Then again, not all of us disappear for 6 months after we've been proven wrong.

Iron Mike
09-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Kyle had of started, Da BEARS would have won that SB !

IIRC, it wasn't Ortonhearsaneckbeard getting run over by Addai in that SB, it was Overratedlacher. :roll: