PDA

View Full Version : We've waited all offseason ... for TODAY

mission
09-08-2008, 08:35 AM
TODAY IS THE DAY!!

I passed out around 5am (check the posts?) and one of the old ladies left around 8 and as tired as I am, I can't get back to sleep!

Today is the day!! All the bitching, back and forth, Brett this, A-Rod that ... it all comes down to today. The entire off season.

Who's with me in excitement? I'm worried about the game a bit (their D-line) but just have a relative hunch that we're gonna come out pretty fired up.

GO PACK!

dabootski
09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
one of the old ladies left around 8

jeez how many you got!?!?!

hell yeah man i'm fired up for this. part of me wishes it was a lesser opponent (lions) but maybe this is exactly what arod needs. just to be tossed into the fire on day one.

regardless of outcome, its gonna be awesome to see the boys out there playing.

Chevelle2
09-08-2008, 08:42 AM
God I am so pumped for this game...

It helps that Im going. :D

I hope MIN gets the ball first.....otherwise I will shit my pants with anxiety.

mission
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
one of the old ladies left around 8

jeez how many you got!?!?!

hell yeah man i'm fired up for this. part of me wishes it was a lesser opponent (lions) but maybe this is exactly what arod needs. just to be tossed into the fire on day one.

regardless of outcome, its gonna be awesome to see the boys out there playing.

3-4 who puttin out (two are like "main girls"), 6-7 in the bullpen (talkin/flirtin stages) ... i was celibate by choice for a year so i guess im goin through a lil "phase" again. cyclical behavior.

ANYWAY!

Im with you on the lesser opponent... ive kind of prepared myself mentally that tonight might not go exactly as I hope... you always got that vibe with Brett that this could be a 45-0 game but Im trying to have more realistic expectations... growing pains etc...

I think A-Rod has a chip on his shoulder and Im really excited to see him get warmed up into a game and let it ride through the second half... plus having Grant in the backfield, i think, has been a major overlooked point this preseason.

Our offense was pretty horrible before him last year... "Brett sucked" so hopefully Grant can at least break a couple runs off to keep everyone honest.

dabootski
09-08-2008, 09:09 AM
3-4 who puttin out (two are like "main girls"), 6-7 in the bullpen (talkin/flirtin stages) ... i was celibate by choice for a year so i guess im goin through a lil "phase" again. cyclical behavior.

that answer far exceeded my expectations. congrats my man. you live a life i only dream of :)

mission
09-08-2008, 09:12 AM

that answer far exceeded my expectations. congrats my man. you live a life i only dream of :)

LOL I got a couple grays in the beard now so I gotta shine while I still can mane!

It's already a lot more work than it ever was! The word's out about my lil "record deal" so, well, gotta be careful about intentions! I feel like Travis Henry except my "job" encourages weed smoking. :P

Tony Oday
09-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Let's put the women and children to bed and go looking for dinner!

BF4MVP
09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm so pumped for it. It's all I've thought about all offseason, basically. 8-)

mission
09-08-2008, 09:18 AM

The Program, right?!

:pregame video!!!:

hell ya, good one

mission
09-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm so pumped for it. It's all I've thought about all offseason, basically. 8-)

:glug: :pack: :glug:

Tony Oday
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM

The Program, right?!

:pregame video!!!:

hell ya, good one

Yup if that quote doesnt get your football juices going you are dead!

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM
It'll be me against 3 of my best pals who are viking fans at my house tonight.. we better put on a show or I will have to kick them outta my house haha

LL2
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm going to have a hard time concentrating today. I hope it's a slow day. I can't wait for the kick off.

oregonpackfan
09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I am anxious as well. I have two 12 pack bets with a couple of Minnesota transplants out here. I don't want to see any smirking, purple-stained faces tomorrow!

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I am anxious as well. I have two 12 pack bets with a couple of Minnesota transplants out here. I don't want to see any smirking, purple-stained faces tomorrow!

Let's hope for frowns! :lol:

mission
09-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Man Im hitting a wall now...

worried that if i take a nap now, i might not wake up in time to properly transport myself to a flat screen... cant find my alarm clock :(

headin to the coffee shop 8-)

The Gunshooter
09-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Is there a game tonight? That's right, tonight is the night the doubters get on board or shut the hell up.

MadtownPacker
09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Hell yeah Im ready for tonight. It is the real beginning of the new era and you cant ask for a better setting than MNF at home against the vikings.

Tarlam!
09-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I love the fact that they play MNF. That means, my cable provider provides the Pack!

Damned though. I pay a lot for the experience!

mngolf19
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I am accomplishing nothing today at work. All I care about is the game. Not sure who bad weather helps or hurts more, but I would prefer a game not affected by it.

I say this every year so, Good Luck Packer fans. Just not too much tonight. :wink:

pbmax
09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Hold firm paco, don't get intimidated! The fourth quarter will be Rodgers!

Officially, I am not excited as I am working. Unofficially, there are five tabs open on the browser and one of them is work related. :lol:

It'll be me against 3 of my best pals who are viking fans at my house tonight.. we better put on a show or I will have to kick them outta my house haha

pbmax
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
You too Golf! It would be great fun, for a week at least, for the North to be proclaimed the toughest division in the NFC as this new era of NFC dominance dawns. I call it the Surgically Repaired ACL Era :lol:

I am accomplishing nothing today at work. All I care about is the game. Not sure who bad weather helps or hurts more, but I would prefer a game not affected by it.

I say this every year so, Good Luck Packer fans. Just not too much tonight. :wink:

mngolf19
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
You too Golf! It would be great fun, for a week at least, for the North to be proclaimed the toughest division in the NFC as this new era of NFC dominance dawns. I call it the Surgically Repaired ACL Era :lol:

So maybe we tie then? :lol:

boiga
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM

Here here!

If both the Vikes and the Packers play to their abilities this season, and the Bears continuing to play much better than expected, the NFCN would be one of the elite conferences. Last year, we had the 3rd best combined record in the NFL. With the AFC south looking weaker than advertised, this could be a great season for all of us.

And the Lions will at least pad the stats for the other three teams in the conference, right?

mngolf19
09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I was personally shocked at how bad Det looked yesterday. A new low for that franchise and that is saying alot.

MadtownPacker
09-08-2008, 01:09 PM
So maybe we tie then? :lol:Hell no. I want to see purple smushed all into the grass like a spilled grape Slurpee.

mngolf19
09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
So maybe we tie then? :lol:Hell no. I want to see purple smushed all into the grass like a spilled grape Slurpee.

What about Rodgers standing there in the huddle after getting pounded multiple times and having pee run down his leg. Although I suppose that will blend in with the uni.

TheCheese
09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't think I have ever been this stoked about a season opener before, can't wait.

MadtownPacker
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM

What about Rodgers standing there in the huddle after getting pounded multiple times and having pee run down his leg. Although I suppose that will blend in with the uni.See now you are actually acting like a viking fan. :lol:

No PEACE I tell you NO PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freak Out
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Man Im hitting a wall now...

worried that if i take a nap now, i might not wake up in time to properly transport myself to a flat screen... cant find my alarm clock :(

headin to the coffee shop 8-)

Lay off the Java for now, take a snooze and set three alarms. You do not want to crash and burn halfway through the 2nd quarter...you have 5 hours of sleep if you hit the rack now.

retailguy
09-08-2008, 02:12 PM

So nice of you to be obsessed about Rodgers doing well in his first appearance. I think you fit in quite nicely around here... :wink: