PDA

View Full Version : Grant, Pickett and KGB - Injury Risk?

Tarlam!
09-08-2008, 09:15 AM
After Javon Walker held out, he came back and got injured in game 1. I vividly remember that day. I was sitting in a hotel room in Racine and had just talked to Bretsky on the phone - my first contact with a forum member.

I remember having an opinion about J-Walk and him not being up to the challenge, due to him missing TC. Now, Brady just got put out for the season.

Which leads me to the reason for this thread. I am really concerned about Grant, Pickett and KGB getting a season-ender tonight. Anyone of those guys getting hurt would be terrible for us.

Tony Oday
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Im not worried about Pickett or KGB, on a side note I love how everyone has said for the past 3 years that KGB is overpaid but if he is hurt the sky is falling.

Grant is another thing altogether! I think he goes down early this year and B Jack has to play and that means throwing the short slants to get the running game going ala Edgar Bennett.

mission
09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Ya had to go and start a jinx thread huh ...

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I was just looking at the Packers depth chart at defensive line. I suppose this subject has already been beaten to death, but they are simply terrible. Colin Cole is the only real backup at DT, and he is barely good enough to play.

A single injury ANYWHERE in the D-line and we are looking at a shitty, shitty defense.

TT screwed up. Ya, Justin Harrell going down was unlucky, but what was the response? Nothing. I appreciate TT's strategy of only acquiring players who are a good value, but sometimes you got to be a little flexible.

Tarlam!
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Ya had to go and start a jinx thread huh ...

Oh fuck. :shock:

ahaha
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't remember Walker missing much of training camp that year. Wasn't it only 1 day?

The Gunshooter
09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
GB has to play those guys but let's hope MM has enough sense to know they can't play the whole game, even if it means starting 0-1. When Dorsey Levens held out GB kept giving him the ball over and over and I said to myself, damn, how stupid can you be? Sure enough he gets tired and Hardy Nickerson runs him down from behind and falls on the back of his lower leg and it snaps.

If guys are rusty they are going to be a fraction of a second off in protecting themselves. Not only that but hitting makes bones tougher to a point just like lifting weights makes muscles stronger.

The Gunshooter
09-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I was just looking at the Packers depth chart at defensive line. I suppose this subject has already been beaten to death, but they are simply terrible. Colin Cole is the only real backup at DT, and he is barely good enough to play.

A single injury ANYWHERE in the D-line and we are looking at a shitty, shitty defense.

TT screwed up. Ya, Justin Harrell going down was unlucky, but what was the response? Nothing. I appreciate TT's strategy of only acquiring players who are a good value, but sometimes you got to be a little flexible.

Back injuries are always very serious. TT should have made a trade as soon as Harrell was injured.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Actually, it's not a jinx to post this. This is a counter to the jinx. If we are expecting them to get injured, they won't.
:D

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Back injuries are always very serious. TT should have made a trade as soon as Harrell was injured.

I wonder if he made any serious inquiries? Did he pick up any DT's after the last roster cuts?

mission
09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Actually, it's not a jinx to post this. This is a counter to the jinx. If we are expecting them to get injured, they won't.
:D

We're gonna go with that! 8-)

boiga
09-08-2008, 10:06 AM
...................... I was going to name a couple of other players whose absence would hurt us more than the guys you mentioned, but I don't want to jinx them.

This is a depressing thread anyways.

The Leaper
09-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Thompson really has shredded the depth on this team from last year. I have not had a really great vibe about this season ever since July.

texaspackerbacker
09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
So much negativity!

Sure, Grant could get hurt--anybody could get hurt anytime. There's no logical reason, however that makes injury more likely for Grant.

Pickett is important. There shouldn't be any more reason why he would be more likely to be injured either, though, except maybe for conditioning--which he is rumored to be less than he should be.

As for KGB, I think he's just about reached the end of the line. With him or without him, the team is about the same quality.

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Thompson really has shredded the depth on this team from last year. I have not had a really great vibe about this season ever since July.

Is this a joke? This team is very deep at almost every position - and the depth is even more talented - and more experienced - than last year. Maybe a bit weak a DE, but perhaps they'll scheme around that with more pressure from LBs safeties and maybe even a corner.

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2008, 10:41 AM

Is this a joke? This team is very deep at almost every position - and the depth is even more talented - and more experienced - than last year. Maybe a bit weak a DE, but perhaps they'll scheme around that with more pressure from LBs safeties and maybe even a corner.

yeah, shredded is a pretty powerful word...he traded Williams to Cleveland and time will tell if he got back in production what he traded. He traded Favre and we'll have that pick next year. Beyond losing Brett's experience in order to let AR's experience begin and not overpaying what he was comfortable with (because he would have fought for him had he believed he was worth the price tag), I can't think of anyone else he got rid of that shredded the team's depth

that said, I'm not super comfortable with the depth that is left by injury and a possible suspension to Jolly, but most team's go through that when they reach the second and third stringers because if those guys were so great, they wouldn't be second and third stringers...also, let's hope they are talented enough and coached up enough to help the Pack hold things together as the team tries to get healthier

The Gunshooter
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM

I wonder if he made any serious inquiries? Did he pick up any DT's after the last roster cuts?

Nope. There really was no one to pick up for free and that is the only move TT will make.

pbmax
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Well he can be overpaid and the best option. Normally I would expect T2 to let a youngster have the spot and see what develops, but since he hasn't, I take that as confirmation that KGB is the best current option.

Im not worried about Pickett or KGB, on a side note I love how everyone has said for the past 3 years that KGB is overpaid but if he is hurt the sky is falling.

Grant is another thing altogether! I think he goes down early this year and B Jack has to play and that means throwing the short slants to get the running game going ala Edgar Bennett.

pbmax
09-08-2008, 12:51 PM
To put you mind at ease Leaper I can confirm I watched every down of the Browns-Cowboys game and Corey Williams could not tell you any of the following:

1)What is it like to get a sack in Cleveland Browns Stadium?

2)What color are Tony Romo's eyes?

3)What kind of gum was Romo chewing?

4)Was Romo wearing cologne?

5)How does it feel to contribute to a win?

6)How does it feel to have multiple tackles?

7)How did that Tackle for Loss work?

:mrgreen:

KYPack
09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Saw the same game. PB.

Can't tell you how many times I thought, "Man, I'm so glad we got rid of this dude".

Cleveland plays Williams at LDT, he was a RDT here. He looked like a lost puppy and had very little impact. You'd think the Browns would've used Cory in a similar role he had with the Pack.

It's only one game, but he didn't do squat yesterday.

mission
09-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Saw the same game. PB.

Can't tell you how many times I thought, "Man, I'm so glad we got rid of this dude".

Cleveland plays Williams at LDT, he was a RDT here. He looked like a lost puppy and had very little impact. You'd think the Browns would've used Cory in a similar role he had with the Pack.

It's only one game, but he didn't do squat yesterday.

I watched the game too.

Didn't even know he played. Really. :lol: