PDA

View Full Version : The Liberal Utopian Top 5/Worst 5 NFL GM

Anti-Polar Bear
06-20-2006, 12:13 AM
By D'tyrant Michaels, L.U. staff writer.
dmichaels@liberalutop.news

Sometimes the measure of a man is based on his win-loss record. In the NFL, general managers, not head coaches, are indeed measure by victories and defeats. That said, let's take a look at the top 5 and worst 5 NFL general managers, or person of such equivalent.

1. Scott Pioli, Pats: Anchor of the Patriots' dynasty. Is he dismantling the team? Time wil tell.

2. Kevin Colbert, Pitts: Stuck with Bill Cower through thick and thin. His patience paid off as the Steelers won Super Bowl 40.

3. Bill Polian, Colts: Although his teams seems to always fall short of the ultimate goal, the Super Bowl, Polian has turned the Colts into a contender year after year.

4. Tim Ruskell, Seahawks: Under the leadership of Mike Holmgren and Ted Thompson, the Seahawks were extremely passive when it comes to upgrading the roster. Ruskell came in and changed everything. The result? A trip to the Super Bowl.

5. Ozzie Newsome, Ravens: Newsome is by far the best ex-player turned top brass in the NFL history, building the Ravens fearsome defense and winning a Super Bowl along the way. The only knock against Newsome is that he continues to fail to build a super offense. Nonetheless, Packers GM Ted Thompson should take note.

28. Dennis Green, Cardinals: It is not wholly Green's fault, but as the top man in Arizona, Green must absorb the heat of the Cardinals' continuing mediocrity.

29. Al Davis, Raiders: One have to admire Davis' constant pursue of "excellencies," such as the trade for WR Randy Moss and the drafting of LB/S hybrid Michael Huff. But for whatever reason, the Raiders keep falling short. Something must be wrong.

30. Charley Casserly, formerly of the Texans: Expansion or not, Carserly deserves blame for taking a bad team and making it worst. Drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush? Trust me, the decision will eventually turn out to be Bowie over Jordan, part two.

31. Matt Millen, Lions: Anyone who took three WRs in the first round for three straight years is a terrible general manager. Add the Lions constant woe, and Millen is indeed terrible. However, he is only the second worst GM in the NFL.

32. Ted Thompson, Packers: The man is responsible for the Packers' first losing season since ancient times. The man is wholly at fault for surrounding Brett Favre with a team composing mainly of, in the words of former Packers GM Ron Wolf, "NFL Europe" players. What makes it more difficult to bare is that the Packers, under former GM/Coach Mike Sherman, were only three upgrades away on defense from contending for the Super Bowl. Alas, Brett Favre, Donald Driver, William Henderson and Bubba Franks, among other veterans, does not deserve all this miserable losing.

Partial
06-20-2006, 12:33 AM
source?

Scott Campbell
06-20-2006, 12:38 AM
The source is the Liberal Utopian. Sadly, I let my subscription expire.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-20-2006, 12:38 AM
source?

The Liberal Utopian. Their web address is www.liberalutopian.news. Unfortunately, the site is down indefinitely until further notice. The editor in chief of the paper made the mistake of not hiring an IT person when he formed Liberal, choosing instead to rely on an entry level Computer Information Technology class he took in college.

woodbuck27
06-20-2006, 07:03 AM
and in this author's analysis,the worst GM in the NFL is. . . . .

32. Ted Thompson, Packers: The man is responsible for the Packers' first losing season since ancient times. The man is wholly at fault for surrounding Brett Favre with a team composing mainly of, in the words of former Packers GM Ron Wolf, "NFL Europe" players. What makes it more difficult to bare is that the Packers, under former GM/Coach Mike Sherman, were only three upgrades away on defense from contending for the Super Bowl. Alas, Brett Favre, Donald Driver, William Henderson and Bubba Franks, among other veterans, does not deserve all this miserable losing.

You've got em' by 'the down belows'. . . . now Tank.

Here's hoping, that TT rises in . . . . that list . . . .this season.

Fritz
06-20-2006, 07:26 AM
If you look at that list, the top and worst have both been around for at least a few years. Judging a guy on a largely inherited team and one year? Hmmm.

BlueBrewer
06-20-2006, 07:58 AM
If you look at that list, the top and worst have both been around for at least a few years. Judging a guy on a largely inherited team and one year? Hmmm.

Did you expect anything else?

pbmax
06-20-2006, 08:18 AM
I know I get all the best, most knowledgeable sports coverage on the web from defunct web sites.

Nothing quite supports my case like an article you can't find, from a source you can't see and whose critical thinking you can't judge.

BlueBrewer
06-20-2006, 08:25 AM
I know I get all the best, most knowledgeable sports coverage on the web from defunct web sites.

Nothing quite supports my case like an article you can't find, from a source you can't see and whose critical thinking you can't judge.

Well Put.

Partial
06-20-2006, 09:30 AM
anyone else think Tank wrote this article? It seems obvious to me.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-20-2006, 09:56 AM

Check out my blogg in the Romper room. The writing style of that thread and this thread are completely different. I couldn't have written this article.

I met D'tyrant at the 2005 Liberal Conference in New York. His conservative crictics call him the "white guy with a black name."

MJZiggy
06-20-2006, 10:00 AM

Of course he did--unless you really believe that the inexplicably defunct Liberal Utopian really cares to write an article on NFL GM's written with a slant toward the Green Bay Packer point of view and magically prints Tank's opinions, seemingly without any editing... :shock:

(if I keep this up, Mad's gonna change my rat status to "spelling bee rat." :razz: )

RashanGary
06-20-2006, 10:08 AM
LOL...

Nice try APB...

Partial
06-20-2006, 10:30 AM
I specifically enjoy how some of the GMs are listed by team name, and others by city name :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
06-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Tank's a good writer. Why i remember a paper about Alan Greenspan....

(Sorry Tank.)

Polaris
06-20-2006, 01:45 PM
IMO, last place on a liberal's list is a pretty good place to be.

Tony Oday
06-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Wisconsin has the most millionaires per capita in North America.

LOL this has about as much factual basis as that article.

Zool
06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Well this site does not exist in DNS tables. Either it was never registered, or it never existed. I'm guessing the latter.

retailguy
06-20-2006, 02:48 PM
1. Scott Pioli, Pats: Anchor of the Patriots' dynasty. Is he dismantling the team? Time wil tell.

2. Kevin Colbert, Pitts:

5. Ozzie Newsome, Ravens: Newsome is by far the best ex-player turned top brass in the NFL history, building the Ravens fearsome defense and winning a Super Bowl along the way. The only knock against Newsome is that he continues to fail to build a super offense. Nonetheless, Packers GM Ted Thompson should take note.

29. Al Davis, Raiders: One have to admire Davis' constant pursue of "excellencies," such as the trade for WR Randy Moss and the drafting of LB/S hybrid Michael Huff. But for whatever reason, the Raiders keep falling short. Something must be wrong.

30. Charley Casserly, formerly of the Texans: Expansion or not, Carserly deserves blame for taking a bad team and making it worst. Drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush? Trust me, the decision will eventually turn out to be Bowie over Jordan, part two.

31. Matt Millen, Lions: Anyone who took three WRs in the first round for three straight years is a terrible general manager. Add the Lions constant woe, and Millen is indeed terrible. However, he is only the second worst GM in the NFL.

Tank,

I've bolded the spelling and context errors that stood out to me in the piece above. These errors are typical of the "writing style" you use.

I don't know the editor of the "liberal blog" you refer to, however, it is clear, even to me, that you wrote the above, or at least added portions to the "article" you posted.

SkinBasket
06-20-2006, 03:00 PM
By Azfukery Dipstik
Staff writer and senior editor of VD Monthly:

This thread blows.

I think this guy has a point. I met him when I went to have my crabs zapped last week at the free clinic downtown. He's written lots of books, buy sadly, they all burnt up when someone burned down his garage.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Tank,

I've bolded the spelling and context errors that stood out to me in the piece above. These errors are typical of the "writing style" you use.

I don't know the editor of the "liberal blog" you refer to, however, it is clear, even to me, that you wrote the above, or at least added portions to the "article" you posted.

It is called "liberal" writing. A new form of liberal art. Shakespeare was very good at it, choosing not to abhor to conventional English grammatical laws.

KYPack
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
By D'tyrant Michaels, L.U. staff writer.
dmichaels@liberalutop.news

Sometimes the measure of a man is based on his win-loss record. In the NFL, general managers, not head coaches, are indeed measure by victories and defeats. That said, let's take a look at the top 5 and worst 5 NFL general managers, or person of such equivalent.

2. Kevin Colbert, Pitts: Stuck with Bill Cower through thick and thin. His patience paid off as the Steelers won Super Bowl 40.

3. Bill Polian, Colts: Although his teams seems to always fall short of the ultimate goal, the Super Bowl, Polian has turned the Colts into a contender year after year.

4. Tim Ruskell, Seahawks: Under the leadership of Mike Holmgren and Ted Thompson, the Seahawks were extremely passive when it comes to upgrading the roster. Ruskell came in and changed everything. The result? A trip to the Super Bowl.

28. Dennis Green, Cardinals: It is not wholly Green's fault, but as the top man in Arizona, Green must absorb the heat of the Cardinals' continuing mediocrity.

Several weeks ago, Tank posted another poorly constructed forgery on JSO. The newbies on that forum swiftly busted him and basically mocked the post. I assumed at that time he posted it there because the savvy posters on this Forum would notice his clumsy bogus post so rapidly.

Well, I was right. Everybody busted the foolish Tanker in quick fashion on Packer Rats.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Several weeks ago, Tank posted another poorly constructed forgery on JSO. The newbies on that forum swiftly busted him and basically mocked the post. I assumed at that time he posted it there because the savvy posters on this Forum would notice his clumsy bogus post so rapidly.

Well, I was right. Everybody busted the foolish Tanker in quick fashion on Packer Rats.

:lol:

retailguy
06-20-2006, 03:57 PM
It is called "liberal" writing. A new form of liberal art. Shakespeare was very good at it, choosing not to abhor to conventional English grammatical laws.

Thank God I went to school when I did. From my perspective, it is certainly nothing of which I could be proud.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Thank God I went to school when I did. From my perspective, it is certainly nothing of which I could be proud.

Ever heard of Microsoft Word? Modern time rarely care much about conventional grammars anymore, thanks to Bill Gates (D'tyrant, if he wanted to write a conventional article, could simply paste his article onto words and let it do the rest). That and the rise of hip-hop culture.

KYPack
06-20-2006, 04:06 PM

That's "adhere", pinhead.

"Abhor" is what I think of your posts and football knowlege.

Ya know, regard with horror or loathing, to detest.

RashanGary
06-20-2006, 04:20 PM

I agree. Proper writing is all effort. I'm not a rule follower, so following the rules layed out by whatever group refined our language seems petty and boring.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-20-2006, 04:26 PM

Exactly, old timer, That's what i meant. I am afriad of conventional grammers because it is very dull. Go read King Lier and you will know what I am talking about.

retailguy
06-20-2006, 04:40 PM
I agree. Proper writing is all effort. I'm not a rule follower, so following the rules layed out by whatever group refined our language seems petty and boring.

layed? - laid :wink:

SkinBasket
06-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Even older than the notion of ignoring gammar and spelling are the excuses idiot fucktards will spout off to appear less stupid and lazy than they know they are.

You gotta know the rules to know how to break em boys. Until then you're simply uneducated slobs dressing yourselves in grandma's clothes.

http://www.insidepulse.com/columnImages/image15366.jpeg
It's Liger, you idiot! Quit spelling my name with a "Y"!

BallHawk
06-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I see this two ways

There's a 99.99% chance Tank wrote this.

OR

There's a 00.01% chance that Tank has a long lost brother that his mom gave up at birth. They share the exact views and love for the hash. Come to think of it that would make an awesome movie. I'd call "Wandering Polar Bears."

ny10804
06-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Regardless of who wrote the "article," I consider Ted Thompson a top-10 GM. He is the main reason Seattle reached the Super Bowl, he has an excellent track record. I also believe he is setting the Packers up for a great future. I could be wrong, but let's hope I'm not.

Harlan Huckleby
06-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Regardless of who wrote the "article," I consider Ted Thompson a top-10 GM. He is the main reason Seattle reached the Super Bowl

Was Thompson a GM in seattle?

ny10804
06-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Regardless of who wrote the "article," I consider Ted Thompson a top-10 GM. He is the main reason Seattle reached the Super Bowl

Was Thompson a GM in seattle?

He was the vice president of football operations, but was whollly responsible for draft duties. Some players he drafted are: Steve Hutchinson, Shaun Alexander, Darrell Jackson, Marcus Trufant, Ken Lucas, Ken Hamlin, Michael Boulware, and Josh Brown (a kicker).

Anti-Polar Bear
06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
He was the vice president of football operations, but was whollly responsible for draft duties. Some players he drafted are: Steve Hutchinson, Shaun Alexander, Darrell Jackson, Marcus Trufant, Ken Lucas, Ken Hamlin, Michael Boulware, and Josh Brown (a kicker).

As VP of Mike Sherman's fan club, I drafted Nick Collins last year. The rest were thompson's mistakes. Why is people so high on Thompson? Because he's gay?

KYPack
06-21-2006, 12:14 PM

Exactly, old timer, That's what i meant. I am afriad of conventional grammers because it is very dull. Go read King Lier and you will know what I am talking about.

This guy really is this goofy, isn't he?

King Lier, eh pinhead?

Why don't you read it, it might help you.

Had to bump the thread to show what a fool Tank is.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Had to bump the thread to show what a fool Tank is.

:lol: Thanks.

BigDmoney
06-21-2006, 12:51 PM
How is using proper grammer while speaking or writing a bad thing? You want to use words out of context and misplaced to prove a point? I just don't get this whole thing. It's crap. It's just an excuse to write poor articles and say that any "mistakes" or improper word usage was on purpose to prove a point. Wish I would have know that in college. I would have aced every essay I ever wrote. Lets just do the same for math. 2+2 does not equal 4. Society says it should and I want to rebel so 2+2 now equals 63.25. It's ebonics all over again. Dumb.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-21-2006, 01:39 PM
[quote="BigDmoney"]How is using proper grammer while speaking or writing a bad thing?

Thats as far as ive read but. Since I am bored, let me replay.

There are certain steps in writing a good essay/article

1 brainstorm
2 rough draft
3 proof read
4 peers feedback
5 proof read/revision
6 edit
7 hand in the final copy
8 make additional revision if necessary

D'tyrant stopped at step 2. Said he is not going to waste time going through all those step since he isn't being graded by some one with a Ph.d. The Editor in cheif of Liberal is a Liberal so he doesnt care. :)

RashanGary
06-21-2006, 01:39 PM
How is using proper grammer while speaking or writing a bad thing? You want to use words out of context and misplaced to prove a point? I just don't get this whole thing. It's crap. It's just an excuse to write poor articles and say that any "mistakes" or improper word usage was on purpose to prove a point. Wish I would have know that in college. I would have aced every essay I ever wrote. Lets just do the same for math. 2+2 does not equal 4. Society says it should and I want to rebel so 2+2 now equals 63.25. It's ebonics all over again. Dumb.

Hmmm....I guess your just dumb tank.

Hmmm, I guess your just dumb Tank.

I could care less how it's written. All that matters to me is if it's understood. I guess I feel the point of communication is to get your message relayed. I don't feel any need to do it a certain way that was LAID out for us over the years. It's not an excuse for incorrect writing but rather an effect of an attitude and general lack of caring about the details that lead to the ignorance.

I'm sure Shakespear wasn't trying to prove a point by writing the way he did. If I had to guess, it was a product of him not giving a shit for so long that he didn't have a base for how it was supposed to be done. Like ebonics, I suppose you could call him stupid if that is how you see it.

Brett Favre is an unconventional QB in his mechanics. You could judge him on how he gets the ball there, but I choose to judge him on if the ball got there. I'm sure many teams were so concerned with the details that they didn't see the big picture. Much like proper writing is a guideline for getting our points expressed but is not the only way. Shakespear has shown us that wonderfull, brilliant art can be done in a unconventional way. Favre has shown us that HOF QB play can be done in a different way. I'm sure it is endless. I guess you could call it dumb. I call focus on the big picture rather than the details. If your able to separate the important details from the useless ones, you can meet the end goal IMO. Does everyone understand what I just wrote? If so, I met my goal and the rest I don't really care about. I won't try to get better.

I do well in math. It's not because I follow the steps laid out by the professor but rather because I focus on the overall understanding of what is needing to be accomplised and then find my own way there. Once you understand the general concept, the steps are very unimportant. It is a challenge for me to solve a problem. It is a challenge for me to find a better way. It drives me. I could do just fine in writing if I ever cared enough to do it your way. Fact is, I don't and I respect Tank for not caring either because I think it is pointless.

LaFours
06-21-2006, 01:42 PM

Come on BigDmoney, everybody knows that 2+2=5. Didn't you read 1984?

Anti-Polar Bear
06-21-2006, 01:46 PM

Hmmm....I guess your just dumb tank.

Hmmm, I guess your just dumb Tank.

I could care less how it's written. All that matters to me is if it's understood. I guess I feel the point of communication is to get your message relayed. I don't feel any need to do it a certain way that was LAID out for us over the years. It's not an excuse for incorrect writing but rather an effect of an attitude and general lack of caring about the details that lead to the ignorance.

I'm sure Shakespear wasn't trying to prove a point by writing the way he did. If I had to guess, it was a product of him not giving a shit for so long that he didn't have a base for how it was supposed to be done. Like ebonics, I suppose you could call him stupid if that is how you see it.

Brett Favre is an unconventional QB in his mechanics. You could judge him on how he gets the ball there, but I choose to judge him on if the ball got there. I'm sure many teams were so concerned with the details that they didn't see the big picture. Much like proper writing is a guideline for getting our points expressed but is not the only way. Shakespear has shown us that wonderfull, brilliant art can be done in a unconventional way. Favre has shown us that HOF QB play can be done in a different way. I'm sure it is endless. I guess you could call it dumb. I call focus on the big picture rather than the details. If your able to separate the important details from the useless ones, you can meet the end goal IMO. Does everyone understand what I just wrote? If so, I met my goal and the rest I don't really care about. I won't try to get better.

I do well in math. It's not because I follow the steps laid out by the professor but rather because I focus on the overall understanding of what is needing to be accomplised and then find my own way there. Once you understand the general concept, the steps are very unimportant. It is a challenge for me to solve a problem. It is a challenge for me to find a better way. It drives me. I could do just fine in writing if I ever cared enough to do it your way. Fact is, I don't and I respect Tank for not caring either because I think it is pointless.

Good post nick!

retailguy
06-21-2006, 02:00 PM
[If so, I met my goal and the rest I don't really care about. I won't try to get better.

Fact is, I don't and I respect Tank for not caring either because I think it is pointless.

Good post nick!

Well, I'm glad you both feel this way. Truth is, I'm turning 40 this year, I've got many more years to work, and with this attitude I don't have to worry, should I return to Corporate America, about you guys pushing me out of the "Ivory Tower".

It has been my experience that those who have hired me are almost less concerned with my technical expertise, and more focused on whether or not I was "a good fit". A good fit was determined by whether or not I could "get along" with the office dynamic, and whether or not I could communicate.

If I submitted anything to my superiors resembling the english that you guys post here, I'd be so embarrassed I don't think I'd show up the next day, or ever again. I don't consider myself "disciplined" in the English language, however, I'm a rhodes scholar compared to the two of you.

I'm glad to have you both in the workforce as well as those like you, it is less that I have to concern myself with. Tank, I hope you enjoy data entry, if you don't, you could probably get a job driving a bread truck, but they probably have to have drug testing, so maybe you can't even do that...

You guys are simply ridiculous. I don't remember who said that you "have to understand the rules to know how to break them", but that poster got it right. Keep digging guys, you'll get to China soon. LMAO.... :mrgreen:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-21-2006, 02:16 PM
retail guy, repost this for you again:

1 brainstorm
2 rough draft
3 proof read
4 peers feedback
5 proof read/revision
6 edit
7 hand in the final copy

D'tyrant stopped at step 2. Said he is not going to waste time going through all those step since he isn't being graded by some one with a Ph.d. The Editor in cheif of Liberal is a Liberal so he doesnt care. :)

Partial
06-21-2006, 02:18 PM
timeout!

don't mean the ruin the shakespeare parade but he most definitely wrote the way he did for poetic form.

alrighty, just thought i'd through that out there.

game on!

MJZiggy
06-21-2006, 02:20 PM
retail guy, repost this for you again:

1 brainstorm
2 rough draft
3 proof read
4 peers feedback
5 proof read/revision
6 edit
7 hand in the final copy

Perhaps he should've stopped at step 1?

Anti-Polar Bear
06-21-2006, 02:21 PM
timeout!

don't mean the ruin the shakespeare parade but he most definitely wrote the way he did for poetic form.

If i have to write an economic essay, I'll follow the robotic MLA style, or whatever they call it today. Step by step, like a robot. But I, like D'tyrant, is not writting an economic essay.

Partial
06-21-2006, 02:25 PM
MLA is much better than APA, so be grateful for that. I don't really remember much about it, other than quoting people was a pain, but at my school thats how we did our papers in English 1xx. Irritating as shit.

RashanGary
06-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Well, I'm glad you both feel this way. Truth is, I'm turning 40 this year, I've got many more years to work, and with this attitude I don't have to worry, should I return to Corporate America, about you guys pushing me out of the "Ivory Tower".

It has been my experience that those who have hired me are almost less concerned with my technical expertise, and more focused on whether or not I was "a good fit". A good fit was determined by whether or not I could "get along" with the office dynamic, and whether or not I could communicate.

If I submitted anything to my superiors resembling the english that you guys post here, I'd be so embarrassed I don't think I'd show up the next day, or ever again. I don't consider myself "disciplined" in the English language, however, I'm a rhodes scholar compared to the two of you.

I'm glad to have you both in the workforce as well as those like you, it is less that I have to concern myself with. Tank, I hope you enjoy data entry, if you don't, you could probably get a job driving a bread truck, but they probably have to have drug testing, so maybe you can't even do that...

You guys are simply ridiculous. I don't remember who said that you "have to understand the rules to know how to break them", but that poster got it right. Keep digging guys, you'll get to China soon. LMAO.... :mrgreen:

So true....I admire you conformists.

Scott Campbell
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Bottom line - this thread blows.

SkinBasket
06-21-2006, 06:52 PM
A repost for tank. Maybe he'll "understand this time."

By Azfukery Dipstik
Staff writer and senior editor of VD Monthly:

This thread blows.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Or maybe we need to translate into tankenese:

Da do di do di do. Duhhhhhh. Ummmmmm. Da dis. Dis. Dis! Disy! Disy da dingy.... dingy dingy do do do. Disa a dingy ida.... stinky. Slinky? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... Disa da a dingy dingy dingy ida aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stingy. Ahhh. Disa a dingy ida stinky? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Uhhhhhhhhhh.

Goddamn that is so fucking bleeding edge it makes my fucking eyes sting. Fucking poetry in motion. Like mastrubation, only better, like with a stick of butter up your butt.

Fritz
06-22-2006, 06:22 AM
Tank, you've become an emotional and mental mess. I suggest counseling - and grammar lessons.