PDA

View Full Version : for lord favre and the jets it's superbowl or bust...

MOBB DEEP
09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
michael smith of espn said as much (WHOA)...

like i stated in my post on the shawn merriman thread, the issues in indy (manning's rustiness/injusry recovery), SD (shawn injury and norv's chocking legacy), foxboro (patriot's VERY possible SB hangover along with the aging of key players), make the jets path of tampa straight and wide

some people state that brett "has been thru so much" (car accident, addictions, whoring, family deaths which r a fact of life, etc.)

that may be true but evrybody in this world goes thru something. actually favre is SO blessed by the God of abraham. all the prophets in the Bible were tested by God and were proven righteous b/c of their faith and therfore were blessed beyond measure

#4's situation is ALOT bettr than people think. once he was traded i started to analyze jet's roster and as should be expected durin the FA era their another team is stacked wiit talented bruthas/athletes. in fact there's a great mixture of unproven vets and hungry youngins

therefore, it's IMHO that much like the pack, jets will be good for a few years, HOPEFULLY promptn brett to play til 42 yrs old

TT is strange...

:D

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
some people state that brett "has been thru so much" (car accident, addictions, whoring, family deaths which r a fact of life, etc.)

'Whoring' is a fact of life?

Freak Out
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Is he going to strike down his foes with furious anger? :lol:

Tony Oday
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM

I think that was bad punctuation :)

Zool
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Do we really need a new thread about Brett daily Mobb?

LL2
09-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Did anyone else think Favre looked pissed or really emotional during his post game interview. He did not look comfortable.

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 11:29 AM

I think that was bad punctuation :)

Oh, sorry. I should have written: "Whoring" is a fact of life?

mission
09-08-2008, 11:33 AM
It is for me ... :lol:

pbmax
09-08-2008, 11:48 AM
The Jets were two tipped passes from being tied at the end of regulation to the formerly 1-15 Miami Dolphins, a team than moved its two best defensive players in the offseason.

What did anyone see that screamed Super Bowl about the Jets?

mission
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
The Jets were two tipped passes from being tied at the end of regulation to the formerly 1-15 Miami Dolphins, a team than moved its two best defensive players in the offseason.

What did anyone see that screamed Super Bowl about the Jets?

Exactly what I said...one of the worst teams in NFL history last season ... sure, Long is gonna be good, but a recently-arrived Pennington + Tuna hardly signals a huge, immediate improvement in Miami.

Minus Taylor and whoever else you're referring to, the Jets narrowly escaping a loss against these clowns does not make me think super bowl in the slightest.

shit, take away the "hail mary" ridiculousness and they lose...

The Gunshooter
09-08-2008, 12:00 PM
If Favre goes back to alcohol and Vicodin the Jets could go all the way.

MadtownPacker
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Do we really need a new thread about Brett daily Mobb?I thought Mobb said he was gonna put all this in the Favre thread? It would be convenient to have it all in one spot.

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Did anyone else think Favre looked pissed or really emotional during his post game interview. He did not look comfortable.

I really thought he was not satisfied by the way he played and the entire offense.. and that usually shows cuz he wears his emotions

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I just cant believe he is still so stubborn that he wont even wear his rib protector.. dumby..

texaspackerbacker
09-08-2008, 01:22 PM
They darn near lost to Miami! If it's Super Bowl or bust, the bust it is.

Brett had a good game; We all know that doesn't always happen--especially with increasing age and decreasing weather quality.

The Jets will be fortunate to be over .500 for the season.

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
They darn near lost to Miami! If it's Super Bowl or bust, the bust it is.

Brett had a good game; We all know that doesn't always happen--especially with increasing age and decreasing weather quality.

The Jets will be fortunate to be over .500 for the season.

I'm not talking SB but they have a nice schedule and some better talent this season.. i say 10 wins

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I just cant believe he is still so stubborn that he wont even wear his rib protector.. dumby..

He can't wear his emotions and rib protector at the same time - it's too bulky.

Pugger
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I wasn't all that impressed with either team yesterday. Brett got very lucky on that Hail Mary he threw on 4th down. If the Jets kicker wasn't hurt they would've gone for a FG and the game may have ended much differently. Unless their defense improves I don't see the Jets in the SB, even with Brett as their QB.

boiga
09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I wasn't all that impressed with either team yesterday. Brett got very lucky on that Hail Mary he threw on 4th down. If the Jets kicker wasn't hurt they would've gone for a FG and the game may have ended much differently. Unless their defense improves I don't see the Jets in the SB, even with Brett as their QB.

Naah, with the Kicker in, the end score would have been about the same. They passed on two good opportunities for field goals that would have equaled the six points that brett scored off that hail mary.

I agree that both teams looked sloppy, though.

mission
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM

He can't wear his emotions and rib protector at the same time - it's too bulky.

You're killin it today! :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Naah, with the Kicker in, the end score would have been about the same. They passed on two good opportunities for field goals that would have equaled the six points that brett scored off that hail mary.

I don't much care, but I don't remember this happening. After the kicker got hurt, these were their possessions.

#1 - 4th down hail mary TD
#2 - Punt from their own 20
#3 - Punt from their own 31
#4 - Fumble on 1st down from Miami's 24
#5 - Touchdown
#6 - Punt from their own 18
#7 - Punt from their own 8
#8 - Punt from their own 24

Packers4Ever
09-08-2008, 03:27 PM

I noticed it too, LL2, the cam stayed on him long enough to give me the same feeling. He and Jets had just won the game so this didn't 'fit.'

However, when he spoke he seemed better and if you and I were looking at the same time, he smiled and commented that he had "done the right thing."

bobblehead
09-08-2008, 04:09 PM

I've been known to wear a "ribbed protector".

Scott Campbell
09-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I watched most of the Jet game yesterday. They can't continue to play like that and even reach .500. I guess it counts as a road win. But they just squeaked the worst team in the NFL.

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I watched most of the Jet game yesterday. They can't continue to play like that and even reach .500. I guess it counts as a road win. But they just squeaked the worst team in the NFL.

You sure about that?

Scott Campbell
09-08-2008, 10:13 PM

You sure about that?

Who is worse than the Dolphins?

Maybe the Lions, but their offense will carry them to enough wins to outpace the Dolphins.

Lurker64
09-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Who is worse than the Dolphins?

Maybe the Lions, but their offense will carry them to enough wins to outpace the Dolphins.

Well, we'll see. There's a lot of games left to be played, but suffice to say that nobody will be at all surprised if the Dolphins are drafting in the top 5 again this year.