PDA

View Full Version : Had we held onto Favre....

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I know, sorry for another Favre post.. but I was just thinking of the Pats situation now.. we coulda traded him to them for a high price and he coulda got his wish of playing with Moss... It just kind dawned on me this morning in class

RashanGary
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Doubtfull, but now we have a good chance at a 2nd round pick and who knows, maybe a 1st.

mission
09-08-2008, 01:07 PM
:whist:

pbmax
09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
If he is starting, I don't see the trade. And I don't think he nor anyone on the Packers wanted him to be the backup. An unlikely scenario IMHO.

texaspackerbacker
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah Right!

He's the number one QB on our high expectations team, and we up and trade him to the Pats after Brady goes down? When would they announce the trade? 20 minutes before the season opener?

The Packers with Favre would NOT be better off; The only difference would be higher expectations from the media and other know-nothings.

sheepshead
09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
:butt:

mission
09-08-2008, 01:42 PM
:butt:

i was gonna go with that one

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I know, sorry for another Favre post.. but I was just thinking of the Pats situation now.. we coulda traded him to them for a high price and he coulda got his wish of playing with Moss... It just kind dawned on me this morning in class

I wish you had been paying more attention in class.

mission
09-08-2008, 03:01 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 03:30 PM

haha, way to hard on a packers gameday.. I just cant do it

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM

If you experience an erection lasting longer than four hours, consult your doctor.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2008, 04:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priapism

Charles Woodson
09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
The name comes from the Greek god Priapus, referring to the myth that he was punished by the other gods for attempting to rape a goddess, by being given a huge, but useless, set of wooden genitals.
Lol

MOBB DEEP
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah Right!

He's the number one QB on our high expectations team, and we up and trade him to the Pats after Brady goes down? When would they announce the trade? 20 minutes before the season opener?

The Packers with Favre would NOT be better off; The only difference would be higher expectations from the media and other know-nothings.

lol

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 05:47 PM
actually, I think PacoPete makes a reasonable point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Favre himself wishes he was still on the market!

But its unrealistic that Favre would have waited this long to latch onto a team.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Maybe we could have held on to Kurt Warner and Matt Hasselbeck too, and cut some kind of a 3 for 1 deal.

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
The name comes from the Greek god Priapus, referring to the myth that he was punished by the other gods for attempting to rape a goddess, by being given a huge, but useless, set of wooden genitals.
Lol

Priapus, meet Procrustes.

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2008, 11:13 PM

If you experience an erection lasting longer than four hours, consult your doctor.

Hell, call your friends and brag! Or better yet, call some ex's!

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2008, 11:20 PM

I can't imagine holding onto Favre longer than they did, like all through training camp, all the media, distractions, just so they could wait to see if someone had a QB go down and offer him in trade.

If anything, they should have sat down with him the minute he was no longer the starter (and had announced his intentions to come back) and told him the team was going with Aaron and that his options were either to accept a trade or come in as a backup. Then they could have chopped off even more of the ugly back and forth by being out front of it. Since they didn't, I wonder if there was a chance he could have gotten his job back if he had shown the commitment to the team that MM and TT were looking for. If there was no shot whatsoever, then why hold onto him and let the media storm brew? The only thing I can think of is that the other GM's would have taken advantage of Green Bay being a motivated seller, and low-balled them on compensation, so perhaps Ted waited, got the best offer he could under the circumstances, while putting up with the circus, while not showing his cards and still trying to get the best offer. I still wonder if they could have Jetisoned (pun intended) earlier (again, assuming they had no intention of having him be the starter). We'll never really know. Just trying to think of of a scenario that would have saved some grief.

cpk1994
09-09-2008, 08:51 AM
:bang: :beat:

pbmax
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Maybe Favre carries a curse with him. While he is QB of a team, no other team in the same division can have QB continuity.

This does not bode well for the Trent Edwards era.