PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann/Matthews demotions

SkinBasket
09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Did you really think NBC would actually reign in the very beasts they unleashed and quite actively advertised as exactly what they were, left wing op/ed guys instead of news anchors? Seems to me they gave NBC exactly what they've been looking for these past 8 years.

texaspackerbacker
09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Is this true? Those two actually got DEMOTED?

If so, it's a great day for normalcy and pro-Americanism.

NBC needs to bring back Tim Russert to replace those two. In his present situation, his commentary would be infinitely better than Mathews or Olberman. And he could do some really HOT interviews with former Democrats residing the same place.

What? What did I say ......

HowardRoark
09-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Does Olbermann still live in his Mom's basement?

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 05:38 PM

NBC needs to bring back Tim Russert to replace those two. In his present situation, his commentary would be infinitely better than Mathews or Olberman. And he could do some really HOT interviews with former Democrats residing the same place.

Maybe you can hang our with Freak, who wants Giuliani dead.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Anchors for election coverage...who cares.

Olberman is no different than O'reilly.

That one is a bully and the other a scold is just a stylistic distinction that suits their constituencies.

SkinBasket
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Did O'Reilly anchor the convention coverage?

SkinBasket
09-08-2008, 05:59 PM

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/08/msnbc-hosts-olbermann-matthews-booted-from-political-night-duties/

David Gregory's already been inserted into said slot.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2008, 06:14 PM

As i stated..who cares. MSNBC election coverage...bfd.

BallHawk
09-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Olbermann is turning into the very thing he hates so much- Bill O'Reilly. He's turned into an absolute hack that will say whatever it takes to put down the GOP.

Matthews' demotion I don't get. He's the best political thinker that they have and he's relatively objective, although he is definitely a Dem.

sheepshead
09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Anchors for election coverage...who cares.

That one is a bully and the other a scold is just a stylistic distinction that suits their constituencies.

<--shakes head

Scott Campbell
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Olbermann is turning into the very thing he hates so much- Bill O'Reilly.

I think he's done it consciously because it's lucrative to compete with O'Reilly as the voice of the left. Hating O'Reilly is just part of competing with him.

Joemailman
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I think MSNBC has made the mistake of thinking that liberals want to watch a left wing version of Fox News. I watched some of the Dem Convention, and got really tired of the cheerleading. Apparently I wasn't alone. They've got a mess on their hands.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 10:25 PM
i hate olbermann, he is nasty and narrow minded.

don't need to watch tv to get that level of analysis, just read the comments at blogs.

mraynrand
09-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I think MSNBC has made the mistake of thinking that liberals want to watch a left wing version of Fox News. I watched some of the Dem Convention, and got really tired of the cheerleading. Apparently I wasn't alone. They've got a mess on their hands.

They're kind of making the same mistake as Air America. People don't enjoy the relentless negative spiteful viewpoint.

I liked Olbermann's show a lot when it first debuted. He was funny and pretty much took shots at everyone. I noticed the change to the left right away, and never tuned in again.

digitaldean
09-09-2008, 09:49 AM

They're kind of making the same mistake as Air America. People don't enjoy the relentless negative spiteful viewpoint.

I liked Olbermann's show a lot when it first debuted. He was funny and pretty much took shots at everyone. I noticed the change to the left right away, and never tuned in again.

And now, they've hired Air America hack Rachel Maddow for her own show. MSNBC's so far left, it's not even funny.

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM

Yes, this is only an issue of election coverage, not an issue of an ongoing advancement of a political agenda by a major media network, so no one should be worried if it coincidentally fits into a pattern of indoctrination via public programming.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM

Yes, this is only an issue of election coverage, not an issue of an ongoing advancement of a political agenda by a major media network, so no one should be worried if it coincidentally fits into a pattern of indoctrination via public programming.

1. You and i have a fundatmental disagreement about what constitutes major media network.

According to the conservs...everyone knows msnbc isn't fair and is liberal. Are they playing a game that you are unaware of?

2. Indoctrination..you mean like Fox? I know Fox is slanted right...you don't hear me complaining.

ThunderDan
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM

Just like Rush spewed in the 90s. Every night on his show he had the White House Taken Hostage story once Clinton won.

Why weren't you out in the 90's screaming about the conservative bias in the media?

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
1. You and i have a fundatmental disagreement about what constitutes major media network.

You are aware of what the NBC in MSNBC stands for right?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM

Something sinister and liberal.

ThunderDan
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM

National Broadcasting Company. I believe.

ThunderDan
09-09-2008, 01:36 PM

National Broadcasting Company. I believe.

Maybe its Corporation

rdanomly
09-09-2008, 03:10 PM

And now, they've hired Air America hack Rachel Maddow for her own show. MSNBC's so far left, it's not even funny.

Now it's Kent Jones Now, With Kent Jones, Now!

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM

This reflects the fundamental flaw in the thinking of liberals. They don't merely pretend to see Fox as right wing. They actually believe it. MSNBC is the left being as extreme on the as they PERCEIVE Fox is on the right.

However, what exactly on Fox really IS right wing? Absolutely NOTHING unless you consider the normal uncontroversial views and values of generally apolitical Americans to be right wing. They--the left--think love of country, Christian beliefs, preference for lower taxes, self-reliance instead of desire for dependence, etc.--all of those things are EXTREME or abnormal or flawed to the extent that people need to be cured of those views and values. Well, most of us simply don't see it that way. We don't want to be "cured" of our normalcy. And that's why Obama is going to lose--just like MSNBC is losing the ratings battle to Fox--just like Air America lost miserably to Rush and Hannity. Love of America beats hate of America every time!