PDA

View Full Version : Kornheiser

Bossman641
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm this close to throwin the remote through my TV. I want to hear about the game, not about Favre for the 1123782832th time.

"20% of the people here think Favre would convert a first and 33"

Thus is un-fuckin-bearable.

If we have to deal with this all season I am gonna snap.

Bretsky
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I've been complaining about the guy for three years now; Favre or no Favre Kornhole is horrible. I disliked Dennis Miller; but Miller is 5x the announcer this clown is

Joemailman
09-08-2008, 07:40 PM
It's too bad because I actually think that Tirico and Jaws would be a good duo.

MOBB DEEP
09-08-2008, 07:49 PM
personally i love korn; he's funny as all get out imho

packinpatland
09-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm Farve-biased and even I wish he'd shut up. :roll:

Bossman641
09-08-2008, 07:53 PM
It's too bad because I actually think that Tirico and Jaws would be a good duo.

I agree. I enjoy Jaws. He gives good analysis and actually offers a good viewpoint. Kornhole offers nothing.

billy_oliver880
09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Seems like he is the master of talking loud to get in his comments.

MJZiggy
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
He almost makes me wish we had Madden back circling linemen's bellies...

Joemailman
09-08-2008, 09:20 PM

Of course you love him. He can't stop talking about Favre.

rbaloha1
09-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Too whiny and bias.

Why the continual BF banter? Its only an issue if you continually bring it up.

GrnBay007
09-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Too whiny and bias.

And it's only an issue if people continue to let it bother them.

Bossman641
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Too whiny and bias.

And it's only an issue if people continue to let it bother them.

I don't mind people talking about Favre. I don't mind the Favre topics. But you are dead wrong on this.

90% of the stuff Kornhole said was about Favre. He toned it down in the 2nd half, but the 1st half was awful. Not only that, but he was throwing out absolute BS comments. There were numerous times when JAws and Tirico called him out on it.

GrnBay007
09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't mind people talking about Favre. I don't mind the Favre topics. But you are dead wrong on this.

90% of the stuff Kornhole said was about Favre. He toned it down in the 2nd half, but the 1st half was awful. Not only that, but he was throwing out absolute BS comments. There were numerous times when JAws and Tirico called him out on it.

But really, why let it bother you? I mean, can you really imagine it would be any different after Favre was with the Packers that many years? Week 1. Things will die down later in the season. ....maybe. :D

Bossman641
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM

But really, why let it bother you? I mean, can you really imagine it would be any different after Favre was with the Packers that many years? Week 1. Things will die down later in the season. ....maybe. :D

I hope you are right. We went through the same thing during the Bengals Mon. night game. I know most people watching the game have nowhere near the knowledge we do, but still, when is enough enough?

pbmax
09-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I like Kornheiser and enjoy his work. It is not straight football analysis because that is not what he is asked to give. His job is to extend the story to people who would otherwise not pay attention. His info is not something people on this forum who obsessively follow the game will need or likely want to know.

He's not going anywhere, in fact, they got rid of Theismann as he wasn't working with Kornheiser. I think the trio would actually work better if Tirico would tell fewer storylines himself. He often talks over the beginning of his call on a play.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I like Kornheiser and enjoy his work. It is not straight football analysis because that is not what he is asked to give.

I like him ok in small doses, he is very good on ESPN sports shows. but has a game analyst - no way, he talks way too much.

gbgary
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
the winning formula for a broadcast team always includes someone for people to get mad at. he's a little over the top sometimes but generally he's ok in my book. jaws is always great. terico has turned out to be very good.

Bossman641
09-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I like Kornheiser and enjoy his work. It is not straight football analysis because that is not what he is asked to give.

I like him ok in small doses, he is very good on ESPN sports shops. but has a game analyst - no way, he talks way too much.

Agree. I loved him on PTI. He just doesn't have enough meaningful things to say to fill an entire game IMO.

RashanGary
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I like Kornhole normally, but tonight he had a mission and it wasn't accomplished. He tried to play the "The Packers are goint to struggle with inexperience" card and brett card to get ratings but he sounded dumb as hell.

I like him on PTF though. He's entertaining and fun usually.

GrnBay007
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
when is enough enough?

Just enjoy the season and don't let the riff-raff bother you. I'm going to do that. Trust me, as someone that's having a tough time NOT seeing BF on the field for the Packers, this is not easy for anyone.

vince
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Kornholio does nothing but detract from the game on the field. He has no redeeming qualities in the booth. He's not funny and he's stupid about football. Other than that, he's fine...

boiga
09-08-2008, 11:01 PM
There was a good article from SN complaining about Korn here: http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/11868

Shortly thereafter, it got even more ridiculous. Rodgers scrambled around on a 3rd and goal play and ultimately hit Korey Hall for the touchdown on an awkward, if not incredible, off balance throw. That play prompted this exchange between Kornheiser and Jaws:

"That's exactly the kind of pass Favre would have thrown. Does it remind you of him at all?"

"Yes, but you have got to let it go, Tony."

Amen, Jaws. Amen.

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 11:03 PM
ya, he really ruins the game that you are trying to watch.. I'd rather have dead silence than him chirping every 2 mins

RashanGary
09-08-2008, 11:03 PM
ya, he really ruins the game that you are trying to watch.. I'd rather have dead silence than him chirping every 2 mins

haha

oregonpackfan
09-08-2008, 11:27 PM
I find Kornheiser has a minimal knowledge of the game. What I find particularly annoying is his strong opinions about stategy, etc. when his knowledge can't compare with Jaws or even Mike Torico.

Frankly, I'd rather listen to the late Howard Cosell than Kornheiser.

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2008, 11:36 PM

Winning will help a lot. Rodgers being his own man, and having command of the offense.

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 11:39 PM
we still have to put up with him 2 more times this season.. can we petition to get Ditka to take his place during our games?

MOBB DEEP
09-08-2008, 11:47 PM

Of course you love him. He can't stop talking about Favre.

NO, NO, NO...i've liked him since coming to DC in '93 and reading his columns in washington post

Pugger
09-09-2008, 01:22 AM
I came to the conclusion that that doofas blows after seeing him wearing a Jets' #4 jersey in the booth AT LAMBEAU during that pre-season game last month. :evil: I'm glad Jaws and Tirico called him out on his constant references to Favre. :P That fool Kornhole drives me nuts. I wish I could've turned the sound down and listened to Wayne and Larry! :roll:

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 01:27 AM
I came to the conclusion that that doofas blows after seeing him wearing a Jets' #4 jersey in the booth AT LAMBEAU during that pre-season game last month. :evil: I'm glad Jaws and Tirico called him out on his constant references to Favre. :P That fool Kornhole drives me nuts. I wish I could've turned the sound down and listened to Wayne and Larry! :roll:

I am able to do this but it sucks because the radio is about 3-5 seconds ahead of the TV and it ruins watching the game cuz I hate to hear what happens before I see it

cpk1994
09-09-2008, 08:48 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I really think that ESPN is egging Tony on through his earpiece. They don't call it BSPN for nothing.

GBRulz
09-10-2008, 08:25 AM
I didn't watch the game (I was in the stands) and obviously didn't have to listen to this guy. So, I can't speak about his Favre references that some of you have mentioned, but one thing even our local news commented on was some stat that ESPN posted comparing Rodgers to Favre's stats?? Like their stats from opening weekend type of thing. Do you guys have any idea what I'm talking about? lol. From what I heard about it, it's pretty damn appalling.

I have always disliked Kornholio and wish that his place in the booth could be replaced by a mime.

pbmax
09-10-2008, 08:44 AM
They gave two graphics about Rodgers night. One was the Week One comparison to Favre. The second was the completion percentage record for the first start of an NFL quarterback.

The Leaper
09-10-2008, 08:46 AM
TK is great as a reporter...but he's horrible as a commentator on MNF. He just doesn't really have a passion for football, and it shows. He's more interested in making stories where none really exist.

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2008, 09:54 AM
I didn't watch the game (I was in the stands) and obviously didn't have to listen to this guy. So, I can't speak about his Favre references that some of you have mentioned, but one thing even our local news commented on was some stat that ESPN posted comparing Rodgers to Favre's stats?? Like their stats from opening weekend type of thing. Do you guys have any idea what I'm talking about? lol. From what I heard about it, it's pretty damn appalling.

I have always disliked Kornholio and wish that his place in the booth could be replaced by a mime.

Like pbmax said, they did show that graphic.

I don't hate Kornheiser like others, but it was bad in this game--especially the first half. I bet he made 50 Favre references. At certain points in the game, it seemed like every throw by Rodgers was compared to Favre. Either ARod made a good throw, and TK said that he looked like Favre. Or they'd get in a 1st and 33, and TK said that fans would expect Favre to get out of the situation.

boiga
09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Here's another media piece bashing Korny : http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2379_Where_have_you_gone%2C_Dandy_Don%3F.html

Here's the harshest quote from it:
In Kornheiser, ESPN offers a commentator who combines the worst qualities of both: a haughty wine-sipping big-city Beltway journalist painfully miscast in the role of America's everyman.

He ain’t Joe Six-Pack, folks. He’s Joe Chardonnay.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I certainly don't like the guy--not at all.

We won the game, though; We've got a super team; We ought to be above all this.

The guy ain't going away--not in the middle of the season anyway. There probably are some "more sophisticated" people in a couple of corners of the countries who like his style. No big deal; Let's just move on to something not so meaningless.

Pugger
09-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Why do they need 3 guys in the booth in the first place?? ABC started this nonsense back in the Dandy Don and Howard Cosell days. You only really need a guy doing play by play and the other with color commentary. I'd much rather have just MT and Jaws in there.

Maxie the Taxi
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM

I did watch the game in dead silence (I unmuted the sound only when there was a penalty).

It was great. I'll never go back to listening to the bozos at ESPN.

MadScientist
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Why do they need 3 guys in the booth in the first place?? ABC started this nonsense back in the Dandy Don and Howard Cosell days. You only really need a guy doing play by play and the other with color commentary. I'd much rather have just MT and Jaws in there.

I suppose it makes the game seem bigger, having 3 guys in there. And it possibly can add a little more life to a blow-out. If the 3rd isn't Korny.

What I'd really like to see (hear) is having a defensive analyst, someone like LeRoy Buttler (don't know how he'd be in a booth, but he really knows the game). That could really add to the broadcast if done right.

GBRulz
09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I did watch the game in dead silence (I unmuted the sound only when there was a penalty).

I was seeing yellow flags fly left and right that night... I have a hard time believing there was too much silence!! :lol:

The Gunshooter
09-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Kornholer, Kornhoser, what's the difference?