PDA

View Full Version : Where are the A-Rod Haters? -- Regular Season 1

rbaloha1
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Someone tell Tony Kornheiser to keep quiet with the BF comparision.

AR and the offense only get better.

AR Haters -- What Now? I know -- its only one game and all that stuff.

Brando19
09-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Geesh....too many damn threads with this same title...ridiculous.

MJZiggy
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I think the other guys in the booth made it clear we were not going to do this all season...though Korny so lovingly spoke for us and told him we would be making comparisons all night. I thought to myself that we wouldn't if he's simply shut the fuck up.

Partial
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
These threads are all ready way beyond irritating.

Solid performance from the kid. Consistency is king.

MOBB DEEP
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Someone tell Tony Kornheiser to keep quiet with the BF comparision.

AR and the offense only get better.

AR Haters -- What Now? I know -- its only one game and all that stuff.

i dont know of any arod "haters" on this forum; who wouldnt like him (such a class act)? now tt on the other hand...

Lurker64
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
i dont know of any arod "haters" on this forum; who wouldnt like him (such a class act)? now tt on the other hand...

What are you talking about? TT played great tonight!

Scott Campbell
09-08-2008, 09:45 PM

.......is the guy who drafted him, and gave him his shot by moving that old fella out.

falco
09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
just as one shouldn't read too much in favres win, i'll defer judgment on rodgers for another few games...

that being said, I'm leaning heavily towards TT and M3 making the right decision - not necessarily that Rodgers is better than Favre this year (I think by years end he will be, though), but that it was worth sacrificing another year of favre (and his antics) to usher in the rodgers era.

red
09-08-2008, 09:59 PM
we all can't just be happy packer fans right now?

we always have to be trying to shove something down someones throat at all times

pbmax
09-08-2008, 10:08 PM
No more Hater threads, c'mon. Move on. No one worth talking to is rooting against Rodgers. Enjoy the win.

pbmax
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
After one game the genius move might have been that punter. Directional kicking can be fun!

Only one return of note for 9 yards.

billy_oliver880
09-08-2008, 10:12 PM
We will see how he does against some serious rush threat. He didn't get alot of pressure.

LEWCWA
09-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Who here hates Rodgers??? I don't understand how you have to hate Rodgers to think Favre is better.....again anti-Brett folks baiting!

Scott Campbell
09-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Who here hates Rodgers???

Merlin, and a few other malcontents. Though I think their hatred of Rodgers is mostly just an extension of their hatred of Ted.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 10:30 PM
if nobody else wants to hate Rodgers, I'll do it.

MJZiggy
09-08-2008, 10:32 PM
if nobody else wants to hate Rodgers, I'll do it.

Nah...waste of energy. You can just keep hating Mad like normal...

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
i got a lot of hate to give.

GrnBay007
09-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Sorry. But this thread is silly....and keeps popping up. I've never seen any hatred toward Aaron Rodgers here at PR. Even those that dislike TT have never taken it out on Rodgers....well, at least to the degree to say they hate him. I think it's time for this drama "hate on Rodgers" to disappear. Find a new cause.

Packgator
09-08-2008, 10:41 PM
After one game the genius move might have been that punter. Directional kicking can be fun!

Only one return of note for 9 yards.

Frost had a very good game. So far it looks like a very good move.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
why do people hate TT? He has done an excellent job.

After the Favre debacle this summer, many people have identified themselves as TT haters. But Mike McCarthy almost certainly was decisive in seeing Favre out the door.

I think the new, born-again TT haters are simply looking for a convienent target for their hard feelings, and TT happens to be a more inviting target than MM. He is the villian because of his aloof personality and unpleasant job responsibilities.

MOBB DEEP
09-08-2008, 10:45 PM
No more Hater threads, c'mon. Move on. No one worth talking to is rooting against Rodgers. Enjoy the win.

QFT...

rbaloha1
09-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Sorry. But this thread is silly....and keeps popping up. I've never seen any hatred toward Aaron Rodgers here at PR. Even those that dislike TT have never taken it out on Rodgers....well, at least to the degree to say they hate him. I think it's time for this drama "hate on Rodgers" to disappear. Find a new cause.

Noted. BTW if AR has a bad game or the Packers somehow have a bad record?

Unfortunately too many people are Packer fans only because of BF.

Packgator
09-08-2008, 10:46 PM

Here is my stock answer: TT is a very good GM......one of the best in the league. I'm glad he works for the Packers.

rbaloha1
09-08-2008, 10:49 PM
For those saying this thread is silly why is there a thread about BF and the Jets?

Freak Out
09-08-2008, 10:54 PM
We need some Galatians in here please.

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 10:58 PM
these are the threads that our moderators are talking about.. and a main reason people are staying off the boards...

Rodgers made the plays he was asked to make, he didn't play great and didnt play bad... he made the plays he had to, to win the game... and thank god he did that because the vikings outplayed us in the 2nd half.. we need to clean it up if we want to have many more wins this season.. thank you tjack for being a piece of trash

Partial
09-08-2008, 11:03 PM
That was a really bad lambeau leap! Where's all the athleticism I've heard about all off-season? I think the old man has more hops!

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Maybe the thread should be renamed "Where are all the TT haters?" I'm thinking that's the point of the article. How about no more ARod/Thompson hater threads if we get rid of half of the Jet Favre threads?

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 11:13 PM
That was a really bad lambeau leap! Where's all the athleticism I've heard about all off-season? I think the old man has more hops!

I think both were similar... neither can get their asses up high enough to sit on the ledge.. I guess that movie was right, white men cant jump! haha

Partial
09-08-2008, 11:14 PM
A-Rod kind of got pulled in. That was a big moment. It's amazing how football can effect my emotions.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2008, 11:14 PM
I think both were similar... neither can get their asses up high enough to sit on the ledge.. I guess that movie was right, white men cant jump! haha

Not really. If you remember Favre's leap (I was at the game on that goalline), he sought out the lowest part of the wall. At least, ARod try to scale a high point.
:D

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 11:16 PM

Not really. If you remember Favre's leap (I was at the game on that goalline), he sought out the lowest part of the wall. At least, ARod try to scale a high point.

Against the Cards I believe.. he took about 5 mins to make his decision to run in the open end zone haha.. but I think you're right.. can we take age into the equation? :lol:

Bretsky
09-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Maybe the thread should be renamed "Where are all the TT haters?" I'm thinking that's the point of the article. How about no more ARod/Thompson hater threads if we get rid of half of the Jet Favre threads?

This thread blows.

As to your point, I completely agree; as all threads like this do is encourage more forum chaos.

I only see two Favre threads on the front page....which is good. The Brett the Jet thread seems to be serving its purpose.

If the goal is to provoke, threads like this will do a good job of encouraging more chaotic TT and Favre threads and later when AROD does have an off game more spatting will occur than need be.

Zool
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
http://www.bannedbanner.com/gallery/thread_sucks.jpg

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2008, 11:53 PM

Here is my stock answer: TT is a very good GM......one of the best in the league. I'm glad he works for the Packers.

Right. Who needs to get a warm fuzzy from their GM? I think the guy's personality is just misunderstood. Read Wilde's article a few days ago with MM and TT where he asks them if they know what they are doing. Isn't that rich? Well, Jason, we were 13-3 last year, I was executive of the year and Mike was up for coach of the year and we have a good team. Um, yup! I think TT just deflects criticism because of his low-key personality. I'd rather have a cerebral, football guy with less personality than a guy who is more free with his words who makes more risky personnel decisions. MM certainly defends him as a decent man. I think he just turns other cheek a lot when criticism is fired at him, especially the unfair kind. If he got so caught up in it, he might not be as good at his job, which is the most important thing for the fans. He knows what he is doing, he just doesn't seem to care if we agree with him. He's doing it his way, while relying on his staff/scouts, which is good leadership in my book.

GrnBay007
09-09-2008, 01:52 AM

This thread blows.

As to your point, I completely agree; as all threads like this do is encourage more forum chaos.

I only see two Favre threads on the front page....which is good. The Brett the Jet thread seems to be serving its purpose.

If the goal is to provoke, threads like this will do a good job of encouraging more chaotic TT and Favre threads and later when AROD does have an off game more spatting will occur than need be.

Good point B.

I don't understand why some have a problem with following Brett Favre on this forum. Note that I said following him....not provoking anything. Why are people so intimidated by that? I'm sad Favre is no longer a Packer but that doesn't mean I'm not a Packer fan and wasn't cheering for them to win tonight. The real anger and provoking comments seem to come from those that just can't stand to hear Favre's name mentioned any more. Dang, grow up....especially to those that send private messages (yeah, that's you JH) to people insinuating they are not a PACKER fan because they have supported Favre.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 02:01 AM
..................insinuating they are not a PACKER fan .....

Did you, or did you not, allow your son to wear a Bears jersey?

:lol:

If convicted, you'll be sentenced to 70 hours of community grailee service - with B as your parole officer.

GrnBay007
09-09-2008, 02:07 AM

If convicted, you'll be sentenced to 70 hours of community grailee service - with B as your parole officer.

:shock:

Hey, they looked more like Iowa Hawkeye colors then Bear colors. :P

Trust me, seeing Bears on his jersey was tough stuff.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 02:25 AM

:shock:

Hey, they looked more like Iowa Hawkeye colors then Bear colors. :P

Trust me, seeing Bears on his jersey was tough stuff.

My youngest tried teasing me once, pretending to love the Bears. I asked her how she felt about going to live with her Grandmother.

Bretsky
09-09-2008, 07:36 AM

Guilty as charged

Community Service to begin soon :!:

cpk1994
09-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Sorry. But this thread is silly....and keeps popping up. I've never seen any hatred toward Aaron Rodgers here at PR. Even those that dislike TT have never taken it out on Rodgers....well, at least to the degree to say they hate him. I think it's time for this drama "hate on Rodgers" to disappear. Find a new cause.Do you read Merlin and Woody's posts? I should dig up some of Merlin and Woody's posts for you so you can see the "hate on Rodgers". That said, in regards to points made in this thread:

1. Rodgers played well under enormous pressure. The TD throw was just unreal. A QB who actually runs the ball, what a concept. I am stoked for the future. This victory was for Aaron, TT and M3. All the unfair abuse they took, especially the uncalled for booing directed towards Aaron by idiot Favre fans during the Family Night Scrimmage and the totally biased BSPN.

2. I will defend Tony K. slightly as I believe Tony was being directed by his BSPN producers to keep up the Favre BS. Jaws and Tirico were clearly pissed off and they need to tell their bosses that they need to quit having Tony spew that garbage. It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt whoose ass BSPN hasd their lips permanently attached to.

All in all a great win and IM now ready to get win #2 Sunday against the Lions.

Partial
09-09-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm not going to take away from his win, but lets keep this in perspective: He had a good first game, but going forward that kind of perfomance will not beat good teams. Come playoff time when our defense is historically gassed, he'll need to put up 2-3 more TDs.

Zool
09-09-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm not going to take away from his win, but lets keep this in perspective: He had a good first game, but going forward that kind of perfomance will not beat good teams. Come playoff time when our defense is historically gassed, he'll need to put up 2-3 more TDs.

Well had 2 not been called back by penalty, he would have.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I He had a good first game, but going forward that kind of perfomance will not beat good teams. Come playoff time when our defense is historically gassed, he'll need to put up 2-3 more TDs.

2-3 more????

He had 2 TD's yesterday. We never counted on Brett for 4-5, and were not going to be depending on Arod for that many either.

mission
09-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Wow.

Rodgers had 4 incompletions you dumbasses.

F O U R

I cant really think of anything he could have done better last night.

Partial, does it kind of hurt that your weeks and weeks of mindless drivel and banter is starting to prove all for naught?

Really, though...

The last two games Rodgers has played for us he has passed for 80%+ ... now, if I'm correct, those are the ONLY games he has played significantly in.

I'm not statistics major but something tells me those numbers are good.

[/b]

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow.

F O U R

Partial, does it kind of hurt that your weeks and weeks of mindless drivel and banter is starting to prove all for naught?

Really, though...

The last two games Rodgers has played for us he has passed for 80%+ ... now, if I'm correct, those are the ONLY games he has played significantly in.

[/b]

2 of the 4 incompletions were fucking throw away for god sakes.

I don't know whats more unreal. That stat, or that people still continue to say it was a "solid" performance.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Wow.

F O U R

Really, though...

[/b]

I don't know whats more unreal. That stat, or that people still continue to say it was a "solid" performance.

I've hear efficient a lot more than solid and I think I'd be one that says efficient too. The 80% thing is awesome, it really is.. you don't see it very often but we didn't really throw any of the tough passes, I mean he did only attempt 6 passes in the 2nd half. There will be games this season where we find out what kinda QB he is when he has to throw to win and not be babied with play calling so he doesn't make any mistakes. Don't get me wrong, and I'm sure I'll be classified as a ARod hater but its the truth, this one game will not tell us the whole story on this guy nor will it tell us if we made the right move or not. Side not, I loved the TD pass.

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow.

F O U R

Really, though...

[/b]

I mean he did only attempt 6 passes in the 2nd half. There will be games this season where we find out what kinda QB he is when he has to throw to win and not be babied with play calling so he doesn't make any mistakes.

He went 6/6. What more can you ask for? You can't fault him for accomplishing what MM asked him to.

When was the last time Favre had an 81% completion rate.

mission
09-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow.

F O U R

Really, though...

[/b]

And didn't he complete 20 passes in a row!! (in a row?! eh eh) against the Cowboys for a Packers team record. I don't know about you guys but there is NOTHING more consistent than a QB who misses a couple/few passes a game. You kidding me? Blind? On crack? Have a gerbil stuck where it shouldnt be?

I don't expect this every week but for christ sakes, wtf does TD statistics have to do with anything when the team is scoring. That TD pass he threw was PERFECT. He missed on that one to the TE in the corner of the end zone (thats about all i can think of). To Driver? Great pass, didnt see that kinda touch from Favre very often. And not only was he completing passes but most of them were spot on, not forcing the WR out of stride. Seems like he throws a pretty catchable ball. They um, seem to be catching them.

Shit, how many times would we pass the ball on the goal line with Brett just so he could get his touchdown numbers the last couple years? We never QB sneaked...

Ive said it a million times on this board and people still don't get it...

Rodgers IS NOT and WILL NOT be Brett Favre. We don't need "aww how cute" antics at QB. Brady doesn't do that shit, Manning doesnt... those guys win Super Bowls.

And that's *why* I want him as our starting Quarterback. There are 11 guys out there and they all have a role. I can't imagine Rodgers playing his any better.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I've hear efficient a lot more than solid and I think I'd be one that says efficient too. The 80% thing is awesome, it really is.. you don't see it very often but we didn't really throw any of the tough passes, I mean he did only attempt 6 passes in the 2nd half. There will be games this season where we find out what kinda QB he is when he has to throw to win and not be babied with play calling so he doesn't make any mistakes. Don't get me wrong, and I'm sure I'll be classified as a ARod hater but its the truth, this one game will not tell us the whole story on this guy nor will it tell us if we made the right move or not. Side not, I loved the TD pass.

Rodgers played well. The play-calling got conservative in the second half, but Rodgers played about as well as you could expect considering some of the down and distances (penalties). He did make a few tough throws (Jennings, Driver, Hall, etc.) He had the right mix of dink and dunk passes and take a chance passes. He also didn't come close to taking a sack, throwing a pick, or fumbling. That was a huge key to this game.

If that 68 yard TD pass to Driver hadn't been called back, the Pack wins comfortably and he goes 19 of 23 for 244 yards with 3 TDs (2 pass, 1 rush) with 0 sacks and 0 turnovers. You really couldn't ask for any more.

Scott Campbell
......this one game will not tell us the whole story on this guy nor will it tell us if we made the right move or not.

I agree with that.

However, it does tell us a whole lot more than his previous 3 seasons. And that previous lack of exposure to playing time didn't keep a whole bunch of people from trying to label the pick as a bust.

People should remember early perceptions of Rodgers when evaluating the Harrell pick.

boiga

I don't know whats more unreal. That stat, or that people still continue to say it was a "solid" performance. Maybe so, but you are overvaluing completion %. A couple of Rodgers completions were bad decisions in which he checked down rather than make a riskier throw. There was a pass or two for a loss, and two or three more that gained under 5 yards. Most quarterbacks in this league can dink and dunk with a high completion percentage.

Rodgers was playing very conservatively last night in order to build up a rhythm and not turn off the fan base with a big interception. However, if we are up against a high scoring offense, he'll need to take more risks down field in order to keep pace. That'll hurt his completion percentage but put more points on the board.

Points are what count, not completions. Rodgers got the job done last night, but it took him 5 downs to score that TD pass and he had trouble maintaining drives in the 2nd half. That's why Rodgers was "solid but not spectacular" as everyone keeps saying. McCarthy will have to unleash him and start calling consecutive 20-30 yard strikes before people will begin to recognize him as an elite caliber QB.

HarveyWallbangers
And didn't he complete 20 passes in a row!!

No, but he was good in that game.

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM

I don't know whats more unreal. That stat, or that people still continue to say it was a "solid" performance. Maybe so, but you are overvaluing completion %. A couple of Rodgers completions were bad decisions in which he checked down rather than make a riskier throw.

Isn't this what we begged Favre to do so much? Check down?

mission
09-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Wow.

F O U R

Really, though...

[/b]

I mean he did only attempt 6 passes in the 2nd half. There will be games this season where we find out what kinda QB he is when he has to throw to win and not be babied with play calling so he doesn't make any mistakes.

He went 6/6. What more can you ask for? You can't fault him for accomplishing what MM asked him to.

I tried to look it up but couldnt find it...

I can tell you the last time Rodgers had an 80%+ completion percentage though.

The last regular season game he played for us. :lol:

Yall kidding me? This kid is good.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Wow.

F O U R

Really, though...

[/b]

I didn't say the 6/6 was a bad thing, I was pointing it out that we'll see what kind QB he is when in the 2nd half we can just sit on leads, thats all. I am very pleased with Arod, I wanna make that known.

Oh and Chevelle... 82% against the Detroit lions last season..

18-23, 180 yrds and 3 TDs against the Seahawks in the PLAYOFFS last season

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow.

F O U R

Really, though...

[/b]

I didn't say the 6/6 was a bad thing, I was pointing it out that we'll see what kind QB he is when in the 2nd half we can just sit on leads, thats all. I am very pleased with Arod, I wanna make that known.

Well I stand corrected........that means Rodgers should complete about 90% of his passes on Sunday. :D

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM

I don't know whats more unreal. That stat, or that people still continue to say it was a "solid" performance. Maybe so, but you are overvaluing completion %. A couple of Rodgers completions were bad decisions in which he checked down rather than make a riskier throw.

Isn't this what we begged Favre to do so much? Check down?

I didn't.. I like gunslingers... just how I feel but there are several ways to play QB

Scott Campbell
Rodgers was playing very conservatively last night in order to build up a rhythm and not turn off the fan base with a big interception.

I seriously doubt he was checking down to pander to the fan base. He was playing within the West Coast offense.

Pacopete4
Wow.

F O U R

Really, though...

[/b]

Well I stand corrected........that means Rodgers should complete about 90% of his passes on Sunday. :D

haha I'll take it!... from what the Lions showed against the Falcons, wow.. I think its a bad day if he doesn't haha. I love the Lions sucking

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Rodgers was playing very conservatively last night in order to build up a rhythm and not turn off the fan base with a big interception.

I seriously doubt he was checking down to pander to the fan base. He was playing within the West Coast offense.

I agree to a point.. but I also feel it was a night of, we want to get off on the right foot. Had the Vikings taken the lead at some point, the gloves woulda been off and we woulda opened up the playbook a lot more. Either way, shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn't play into it. He did what was asked of him and about the only boner play was the wide open miss on the goaline to Lee... can't complain much

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Maybe so, but you are overvaluing completion %.

Completion percentage is a big part of the West Coast offense. Dinking and dunking is a big part of the West Coast offense. I don't think you should devalue the Rodgers performance because he played within the offense. That's his job.

mission
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM

I don't know whats more unreal. That stat, or that people still continue to say it was a "solid" performance. Maybe so, but you are overvaluing completion %. A couple of Rodgers completions were bad decisions in which he checked down rather than make a riskier throw. There was a pass or two for a loss, and two or three more that gained under 5 yards. Most quarterbacks in this league can dink and dunk with a high completion percentage.

Rodgers was playing very conservatively last night in order to build up a rhythm and not turn off the fan base with a big interception. However, if we are up against a high scoring offense, he'll need to take more risks down field in order to keep pace. That'll hurt his completion percentage but put more points on the board.

Points are what count, not completions. Rodgers got the job done last night, but it took him 5 downs to score that TD pass and he had trouble maintaining drives in the 2nd half. That's why Rodgers was "solid but not spectacular" as everyone keeps saying. McCarthy will have to unleash him and start calling consecutive 20-30 yard strikes before people will begin to recognize him as an elite caliber QB.

Are you high?

Rodgers was playing conservatively to not get the crowd against him?

I think he was playing some football last night. We went down the field plenty.

Most NFL quarterbacks have to play within the constraints of their system, what the coach is calling and what the defense is giving them. Maybe one or two QBs in this league don't care so much for systems, order and playing within themselves...............

I don't want riskier throws!! That doesnt make any sense. I want no turn over football with a little bit more consistent play calling and a few less ticky tack penalties.

Had that TD pass been two inches left or right either way, that would have been a tipped pass and who knows ... that LOOKED very risky as he was getting hit and backing away... threaded the needle.

Glad the crowd didnt get against him tho, heaven forbid Partial or PacoPete says something negative about him. lol

MadtownPacker
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Forget completion %, M3 needs to let ARod fly. The big plays are just waiting to happen.

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM

Are you high?

Rodgers was playing conservatively to not get the crowd against him?

Yeah didn't you hear? Thats what Montana and Brady did......... :roll:

mraynrand
Maybe so, but you are overvaluing completion.

Completion percentage is a big part of the West Coast offense. Dinking and dunking is a big part of the West Coast offense. I don't think you should devalue the Rodgers performance because he played within the offense. That's his job.

Absolutely correct. Plus, he doesn't get that bullshit reversal of the Driver TD, his stats look outstanding. The point is that it was a really good first start against a tough opponent that spent ($) the entire offseason figuring out a way to beat THIS team. They failed, and a lot of that is due to Rodgers very fine performance, including the 8 runs.

mission

I agree to a point.. but I also feel it was a night of, we want to get off on the right foot. Had the Vikings taken the lead at some point, the gloves woulda been off and we woulda opened up the playbook a lot more. Either way, shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn't play into it. He did what was asked of him and about the only boner play was the wide open miss on the goaline to Lee... can't complain much

Exactly.

But in the NFL that equates directly to WIN

Nothing else matters. To the Packers, to Rodgers, MM, me, you, your sister (she's hot btw) and the strange indian girl at the bar last night who couldnt even speak english but was screaming wildly for every Packer play... I eventually had to get up and give her a couple high fives (she's gotta work on those too)

boiga
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Isn't this what we begged Favre to do so much? Check down? Yes, but that's not the point. Last night Rodgers did his part of a team effort. He didn't win the game for us. He wasn't asked to either, so that is no fault of his.

But eventually we are going to need that 4th quarter drive. Until Rodgers wins a couple of games by the strength of his arm, he won't (and shouldn't) get the major respect. I think he can do it, but he has to prove it to the world.

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Isn't this what we begged Favre to do so much? Check down? Yes, but that's not the point. Last night Rodgers did his part of a team effort. He didn't win the game for us. He wasn't asked to either, so that is no fault of his.

But eventually we are going to need that 4th quarter drive. Until Rodgers wins a couple of games by the strength of his arm, he won't (and shouldn't) get the major respect. I think he can do it, but he has to prove it to the world.

How do you know on the last drive, instead of checking down to Driver, Favre doesn't sling a pick?

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM

I think this is spot on..

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM

Exactly.

But in the NFL that equates directly to WIN

Nothing else matters. To the Packers, to Rodgers, MM, me, you, your sister (she's hot btw) and the strange indian girl at the bar last night who couldnt even speak english but was screaming wildly for every Packer play... I eventually had to get up and give her a couple high fives (she's gotta work on those too)

I agree Mission.. I want the Packers to win.. don't be like Harrell please?... I haven't said anything bad about Rodgers, just analyzing his play like everyone else.

ps. no sister here..

boiga
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM

Completion percentage is a big part of the West Coast offense. Dinking and dunking is a big part of the West Coast offense. I don't think you should devalue the Rodgers performance because he played within the offense. That's his job. I'm not devaluing it. I think Rodgers was good last night. But we can't get ahead of ourselves yet. If Rodgers maintains this level of production through out his career, he'll be consistently in the top 10 QB's in the league.

But he'll never be the MVP. That requires better play under more duress than he faced last night. Rodgers was good. I want stellar.

What can I say, I've got high expectations of the kid.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:36 AM

Completion percentage is a big part of the West Coast offense. Dinking and dunking is a big part of the West Coast offense. I don't think you should devalue the Rodgers performance because he played within the offense. That's his job. I'm not devaluing it. I think Rodgers was good last night. But we can't get ahead of ourselves yet. If Rodgers maintains this level of production through out his career, he'll be consistently in the top 10 QB's in the league.

But he'll never be the MVP. That requires better play under more duress than he faced last night. Rodgers was good. I want stellar.

What can I say, I've got high expectations of the kid.

And you should. We gave up a season or more of Favre for him to play, we all should have high expectations.. we did with Favre and we should with him. And the fact that he was a 1st round pick, he should be talented.. I just hope I see more W's like last night to come

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:36 AM
But he'll never be the MVP.

I'll take 3 Superbowls and 0 MVPs over 1 Super Bowl and 3 MVPs.

mission
09-09-2008, 11:37 AM

You sir, are not an idiot.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:38 AM

Again... please be smart enough to know that Super Bowls are won as a TEAM... 53 men or more that come together over as grueling of a season as you can get in pro sports. MVP's are won by an individual, and a lot of times not even the best individual, that plays out of their minds for 16 games and separates them self on PERSONAL achievements....

MadtownPacker
09-09-2008, 11:40 AM

How do you know on the last drive, instead of checking down to Driver, Favre doesn't sling a pick?
Is there any reason other than to start shit that you bring up Favre? This was ARod's night, let's keep the conversation, good or bad, about him.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 11:41 AM
And the fact that he was a 1st round pick.

Big deal. So was Ryan Leaf.

You guys are just being greedy if you're going to insist on MVP play from your QB. By that standard Brett was a failure in 14 of his 17 seasons.

mission
09-09-2008, 11:41 AM

Again... please be smart enough to know that Super Bowls are won as a TEAM... 53 men or more that come together over as grueling of a season as you can get in pro sports. MVP's are won by an individual, and a lot of times not even the best individual, that plays out of their minds for 16 games and separates them self on PERSONAL achievements....

PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS... you got it! and Brett won 3 of them and holds every record in every book in every ... you get it.

I wont be like JH (whatever that means, dont follow along TOO closely), but I think the division on this forum during the offseason was "we just need to play mistake free football" versus "brett is the greatest ever, how could anyone compare"

both valid arguments but i think last night was a point for the guys on my side of the offseason discussions. he didnt do anything that made people go OMG DID YOU SEE THAT THAT UNDERHAND PASS IS VINTAGE A-ROD!!! but he played sound, didnt turn it over and got the job done when needed.

boiga
09-09-2008, 11:45 AM

Do you have any doubt that if Rodgers has the skills to be MVP, we won't win the super bowl? This team is ready as it stands and if Rodgers can be more than a system QB, we'll have a couple more Lombardi trophies down the line.

And like Mad said, this has nothing to do with Favre. I just want Rodgers to reach his full potential. Last night was the START of that process, not the end point. He can play better than he did last night and will have to if he's gonna get that championship you are talking about.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:45 AM

PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS... you got it! and Brett won 3 of them and holds every record in every book in every ... you get it.

I wont be like JH (whatever that means, dont follow along TOO closely), but I think the division on this forum during the offseason was "we just need to play mistake free football" versus "brett is the greatest ever, how could anyone compare"

both valid arguments but i think last night was a point for the guys on my side of the offseason discussions. he didnt do anything that made people go OMG DID YOU SEE THAT THAT UNDERHAND PASS IS VINTAGE A-ROD!!! but he played sound, didnt turn it over and got the job done when needed.

I get that.. But I just cant stand rating QB's on super bowl wins... Brady couldn't hold Marinos jock and I HATE Marino... but since he has 3 SB's a lot will tell me that he's better... NO NO NO... the Patriots teams than their opposing teams during a certain season.. that doesn't mean the QB was better

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Do you have any doubt that if Rodgers has the skills to be MVP, we won't win the super bowl?

Absolutely, I have doubts. We didn't win it last year with our MVP at QB.

And then there's the injury wildcard. Our O-Line questions. Our DT situation. And those other 31 teams might have something to say about it too.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Brady couldn't hold Marinos jock.

I'd rather hold Brady's rings than Marino's jock. But that's just me.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Forget completion %, M3 needs to let ARod fly. The big plays are just waiting to happen.

You have some Al Davis in you.

http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10110000/10110765.jpg

boiga
09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
You guys are just being greedy if you're going to insist on MVP play from your QB. By that standard Brett was a failure in 14 of his 17 seasons.
Yes we are being greedy. We have a young talented QB who hasn't peaked yet, so what's wrong with hoping that he develops into a world class quarterback?

Do you have any doubt that if Rodgers has the skills to be MVP, we won't win the super bowl?

Absolutely, I have doubts. We didn't win it last year with our MVP at QB.

And then there's the injury wildcard. Our O-Line questions. Our DT situation. And those other 31 teams might have something to say about it too.
If Rodgers develops like I hope he will, we'll win a Super Bowl sometime in the next five years. Brady and Peyton each carried their team through and I want Rodgers to do the same for us. Sure it's a lot to ask, but have you seen anything showing he can't deliver?

ahaha
09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
he didnt do anything that made people go OMG DID YOU SEE THAT THAT UNDERHAND PASS IS VINTAGE A-ROD!!! but he played sound, didnt turn it over and got the job done when needed.

Did you miss his touchdown pass?

mission
09-09-2008, 12:03 PM
he didnt do anything that made people go OMG DID YOU SEE THAT THAT UNDERHAND PASS IS VINTAGE A-ROD!!! but he played sound, didnt turn it over and got the job done when needed.

Did you miss the rest of this thread?

It was a pass. Overhand. Forward. Spiral. Perfect.

Not some triple 360 spin move left-handed underhand wobbler that makes the entire crowd say "oh shit" before a collective sigh of relief.

But thanks for absolutely nothing.

Gunakor
09-09-2008, 03:04 PM

You are correct, Super Bowls are team achievements. And really, that's all that matters is the team. Personal achievements should only matter to the person achieving them. Whether Rodgers is ever MVP or not should only matter to Rodgers himself. Whether he leads this team to a Super Bowl or not should be what matters to the rest of us.

Gunakor
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Do you have any doubt that if Rodgers has the skills to be MVP, we won't win the super bowl? This team is ready as it stands and if Rodgers can be more than a system QB, we'll have a couple more Lombardi trophies down the line.

I'm actually hoping that even if Rodgers does NOT have the skills to be MVP that this team is good enough to win a Super Bowl anyway. Personal achievements mean nothing to me. Team achievements are all that really matters.

ahaha
09-09-2008, 05:23 PM

Not some triple 360 spin move left-handed underhand wobbler that makes the entire crowd say "oh shit" before a collective sigh of relief.

Talk about nitpicking. I guess I missed the "underhand".
If Favre had juked a guy, thrown off his back foot, as he's getting tackled, partially thrown sideways, through two defenders, then yes people would say that.
I was at a Viking bar, full of purple rubes who had been laughing at A-Rod. After that throw I heard of lot of "Holy Shit!", "Wow", and "that was Favre-ish"

The Shadow
09-09-2008, 05:35 PM
"he didnt do anything that made people go OMG DID YOU SEE THAT THAT UNDERHAND PASS IS VINTAGE A-ROD!!! but he played sound, didnt turn it over and got the job done when needed."

Actually, for me the most encouraging aspect of the Packers in this game is the absence of the schoolyard plays that occasionally resulted in success - but more often in losses.
I found that I had become conditioned to be extremely nervous in close games about boneheaded interceptions that would result in heartbreaking losses.
It was wonderful to watch Rodgers, under more pressure than anyone in the NFL, play smart, disciplined, winning football.

arcilite
09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
i got so pissed when it was 1st and 33 and kornheiser was saying 'packers fans expect the QB to get a first down, because Brett Favre did it'

I thought to myself... no... I would be praying for Brett Favre to not throw an interception in an attempt to get all 33 yards in one play, i would pray for him to make the smart throw.

With Rodgers I really didn't have that nervousness

The Gunshooter
09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
i got so pissed when it was 1st and 33 and kornheiser was saying 'packers fans expect the QB to get a first down, because Brett Favre did it'

I thought to myself... no... I would be praying for Brett Favre to not throw an interception in an attempt to get all 33 yards in one play, i would pray for him to make the smart throw.

With Rodgers I really didn't have that nervousness

That's because jugs machine Rodgers throws precision guided missles. When he learns to put more touch on those throws his completion percentage will be 85%.

mission
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Im actually expecting 104% completion percentage against the Lions... 82 just aint good enough.

The Gunshooter
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Big deal, I seen other QB's throw underhand. What I never saw until last night was a perfect spirally curveball falling into a window. MN could not have played better D on that play but Rodgers would not be denied on his way to Canton.

Freak Out
09-09-2008, 06:15 PM
http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Thread-Sucks-Come_for-Bush.jpg

mission
09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Big deal? Aren't you just confirming what I said? :D

BallHawk
09-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Aaron played a good game. The whole team played a good game. We won the game.

What else is there to be said? You guys have have 100+ posts about Aaron this and Aaron that and what is the point? He played a great game and put us in a position to win along with the defense and ST.

That's it. That's all.

mission
09-09-2008, 06:43 PM

What else is there to be said? You guys have have 100+ posts about Aaron this and Aaron that and what is the point? He played a great game and put us in a position to win along with the defense and ST.

That's it. That's all.

Because there was an entire offseason of "omg we are fucked without brett", that's why ... some of us disagreed way back then and it's fair if we feel like reminding people ;)

a day or four of excitement for OUR quarterback is fine all things considered... the guy was getting boo'd by children for christ sakes.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Every game has its own character. This was a low scoring, black-and-blue division type struggle against a GOOD TEAM.

There is nothing to take away from Rodgers, he played an excellent game.

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
To the Packers, to Rodgers, MM, me, you, your sister (she's hot btw) ...

Well I don't have any sisters, but which one of my brothers shall I say hello to for you?

I thought Rodgers did a fine job last night. He did what he had to do and the team brought home a win. All those making the mandatory comparison, isn't that what Favre did? He doesn't use theatrics when he doesn't need them and kudos to the offense for not letting plays fall apart to the degree that theatrics became necessary to save them.

mission
09-09-2008, 07:59 PM
To the Packers, to Rodgers, MM, me, you, your sister (she's hot btw) ...

Well I don't have any sisters, but which one of my brothers shall I say hello to for you?

I thought Rodgers did a fine job last night. He did what he had to do and the team brought home a win. All those making the mandatory comparison, isn't that what Favre did? He doesn't use theatrics when he doesn't need them and kudos to the offense for not letting plays fall apart to the degree that theatrics became necessary to save them.

I was talking to Paco but I'm never one to turn down a good opportunity! I would prefer your oldest brother or any other relatives under 15 years old.

Ahem... sorry.

As far as theatrics -- and this is a whole nother discussion -- many of us felt the need for the last minute stuff in the first place was sometimes caused by questionable decision making leading up to the required heroics. I dont want to get into examples because I *really* dont hate Brett as a Packer and feel blessed to have him as my QB for a big chunk of my life, but a lot of my posts ooze otherwise... I dunno why I feel the need to be the other side of the seesaw during these discussions but apparently that's my bag on this one ... :)

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
My eldest brother is in his 60's and is one of the crabbiest human beings I have ever been around...but I'll put in a good word for you.

As to the other part, I was trying to give credit to the offense in general. Except for the plethora of boneheaded penalties, they held off a good defense well.

mission
09-09-2008, 08:08 PM
My eldest brother is in his 60's and is one of the crabbiest human beings I have ever been around...but I'll put in a good word for you.

As to the other part, I was trying to give credit to the offense in general. Except for the plethora of boneheaded penalties, they held off a good defense well.

You're right.

But some of us love A-Rod a lil too much :D

(your bruh sounds perfect for me)

Partial
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Wow.

F O U R

Really, though...

[/b]

Mindless drival? What have I ever said about Rodgers beyond him being A) a cake boy, B) injury prone, C) less qualified to lead men to a super bowl this year.

I have no beef with Rodgers. He's played alright so far and I've congratulated him as such. Last night was a solid A. Very good game from him. I don't expect them to be this easy for him consistently.

And Scott, I do expect the offense to score 3 TDs a game come playoff time. They scored 2 last night.

Partial
09-09-2008, 09:08 PM

You do realize that Chad Pennington, a journeyman QB is the all-time leader in completion %, right? There is more to being a quaterback and a playmaker. It was a good performance. We'll see how well he does against Dallas and some other teams.

He's 1/1 right now and thats all that matters for the time being, though. Good follow up to a solid pre-season as well.

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
But we've already seen how he does against Dallas, and as I recall, he was pretty damn good. I know your next sentence and think about this: the Vikings planned for him didn't they? And gunned for him and based a good portion of their offseason on this one game. I just don't see the helmet mark in Rodgers' back...

Partial
09-09-2008, 09:13 PM
But we've already seen how he does against Dallas, and as I recall, he was pretty damn good. I know your next sentence and think about this: the Vikings planned for him didn't they? And gunned for him and based a good portion of their offseason on this one game. I just don't see the helmet mark in Rodgers' back...

We'll see how he does against Dallas. Consistency is king. We could only hope he can consistently put up passer ratings of 100+.

Two years ago, Rex Grossman led the league in games above 100 pass rating. Scary thought. But, it all comes down to consistency. Anyone can get hot and do it once. Can he consistently? I hope so.

Zool
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
You do realize that Chad Pennington, a journeyman QB is the all-time leader in completion %, right? There is more to being a quaterback and a playmaker. It was a good performance. We'll see how well he does against Dallas and some other teams.

He's 1/1 right now and thats all that matters for the time being, though. Good follow up to a solid pre-season as well.

OK first, 2 teams does not a journeyman make.

And third

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/ahaurek/NATURALE-2.jpg

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 10:10 PM
We'll see...

Ah, the battle cry of the recently proven stupid.

mission
09-09-2008, 10:21 PM
We'll see...

Over and over again ...

cpk1994
09-10-2008, 06:06 AM
We'll see...

Ah, the battle cry of the recently proven stupid.Yep. Be proven stupid and then change argument to someting else to be proven stupid on.

Partial
09-10-2008, 09:31 AM
We'll see...

One game is proof?!?

My goodness gracious! In that case, Rex Grossman, who did it for a season, is a star! Kyle Boller put up like a 130 passer rating against us a few years back. Another star. Aaron Brooks - Star! gimme a break.. It was one good game. I hope he keeps it up.

Those responses truly show how pathetic some of you are. I complimeneted Rodgers, saying it was a good game, and said we'll be successful if he can do it consistently.

Consistency is the #1 thing in this business. Most quarterbacks cannot be consistently good.

How can one say I'm "stupid" or something to that effect for making a very logical and reasonable post? This is why this place is going down the shitter.

If you don't believe this will be a season of up and downs, you're probably not a very knowledgeable football fan. He passed his first test. He's 1 and 0. He's not even close to proven yet.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 09:35 AM
We'll see...

One game is proof?!?

My goodness gracious! In that case, Rex Grossman, who did it for a season, is a star! Kyle Boller put up like a 130 passer rating against us a few years back. Another star. Aaron Brooks - Star! gimme a break.. It was one good game. I hope he keeps it up.

I agree Partial.. people on here are taking the one game overboard... does this give us the right if Arod flops next game to come on here and tell them they are all wrong for thinking Arod is a star? Nope... its gonna take about 2-3 seasons to even figure out if the right choice was made.. hell we don't even know if he'l be our QB by then... injuries happen a lot in the NFL and QB's usually are the ones that change the most

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 09:41 AM

That's it. That's all.

Because there was an entire offseason of "omg we are fucked without brett", that's why ... some of us disagreed way back then and it's fair if we feel like reminding people ;)

a day or four of excitement for OUR quarterback is fine all things considered... the guy was getting boo'd by children for christ sakes.

And he still might.. it was one game Mission.. take it easy and let the season play out before you make your judgment.. he played a very nice first game and hopefully it continues thru a career

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Who the hell teaches their kids to boo the home team? Especially a guy who hasn't even played a game yet.

cheesner
09-10-2008, 10:00 AM
OK first, 2 teams does not a journeyman make.

2 teams has nothing to do with being a journeyman

Journeyman \Jour"ney*man\, n.; pl. Journeymen.
1. Formerly, a man hired to work by the day; now, commonly,
one who has finished an apprenticeship and is a competent
worker in a handicraft or trade, but has not received
recognition as a master; -- distinguished from
apprentice and from master workman.
[1913 Webster +PJC]

2. Hence: A competent and experienced worker who performs
adequately but without a high level of expertise or
imagination.
[PJC]

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2008, 10:08 AM
In sports terms it does. The spoken language is often different than the written language.

boiga
09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
In sports terms it does. The spoken language is often different than the written language. Both definitions are valid from my point of view. A journeyman QB could be a guy who moves around the league to fill back up roles for team after team, or it could be a guy like Kitna, who has a steady job and performs consistently, but never really excels at it.

In any case, you're debating semantics on a message board, which is always a lesson in futility.

bobblehead
09-10-2008, 01:07 PM

We'll see how he does against Dallas. Consistency is king. We could only hope he can consistently put up passer ratings of 100+.

Two years ago, Rex Grossman led the league in games above 100 pass rating. Scary thought. But, it all comes down to consistency. Anyone can get hot and do it once. Can he consistently? I hope so.

This isn't meant to bag on brett, but rodgers already has a better game against dallas under his belt than favre does. After rodgers wins 2 superbowls I will declare him better than brett....unless he gets them behind a 2k rushing ryan grant, then I will call them comparable. Its all about wins, doing what it takes and getting to/thru the playoffs. I am a big rodgers fan and I was ready for the change, but no matter what happens this season I won't declare him in favres league...even if we win the superbowl.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 01:52 PM

This isn't meant to bag on brett, but rodgers already has a better game against dallas under his belt than favre does. After rodgers wins 2 superbowls I will declare him better than brett....unless he gets them behind a 2k rushing ryan grant, then I will call them comparable. Its all about wins, doing what it takes and getting to/thru the playoffs. I am a big rodgers fan and I was ready for the change, but no matter what happens this season I won't declare him in favres league...even if we win the superbowl.

Exactly.. there is no one saying we can't have another good QB in Green Bay, but to put him in the sentence with Brett is insane... we won't see another like him, good or bad.

cpk1994
09-10-2008, 02:10 PM

This isn't meant to bag on brett, but rodgers already has a better game against dallas under his belt than favre does. After rodgers wins 2 superbowls I will declare him better than brett....unless he gets them behind a 2k rushing ryan grant, then I will call them comparable. Its all about wins, doing what it takes and getting to/thru the playoffs. I am a big rodgers fan and I was ready for the change, but no matter what happens this season I won't declare him in favres league...even if we win the superbowl.Here is an interesting stat I found. Rofgers completed 80%+ of his passes Monday night. How many games with 80%+ completion rate did Brett have in his 16 seasons in GB? One. Thats right, one. The final regular season game against the Lions, his final regular season game as a Packer last year.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM

This isn't meant to bag on brett, but rodgers already has a better game against dallas under his belt than favre does. After rodgers wins 2 superbowls I will declare him better than brett....unless he gets them behind a 2k rushing ryan grant, then I will call them comparable. Its all about wins, doing what it takes and getting to/thru the playoffs. I am a big rodgers fan and I was ready for the change, but no matter what happens this season I won't declare him in favres league...even if we win the superbowl.Here is an interesting stat I found. Rofgers completed 80%+ of his passes Monday night. How many games with 80%+ completion rate did Brett have in his 16 seasons in GB? One. Thats right, one. The final regular season game against the Lions, his final regular season game as a Packer last year.

thats fine.. its good he's not trying to be like Brett because he wouldn't succeed in doing so.. It was nice to see our offense only put up 14 instead of 34 and 23 like they did a year ago under the QB play of Brett Favre

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
thats fine.. its good he's not trying to be like Brett because he wouldn't succeed in doing so.. It was nice to see our offense only put up 14 instead of 34 and 23 like they did a year ago under the QB play of Brett Favre

This really gets old, but let's be honest here.

1) 24-7 = 17

2) How many did we put up in our first game last year against Philly? Try 9 points. I think that's as pertinent since the team was obviously rusty in its first game--just like last year. 3 points wiped off by a bad kick and 7 points on a great throw wiped out because an OL was downfield.

3) Weren't the Vikings supposed to be dramatically improved because they signed the "best DE" in the NFL?

Of course, Green Bay didn't have Jennings in game 1 last year, and they didn't have Ryan Grant and his 12 carries. Those would have helped Brett last year.

It is interesting though that Rodgers completed 81.8% and Brett never did that in a game where he threw more than 11 passes (he was 9 for 11 in that last game against Detroit). We'll see a different style of QB play from Rodgers. I think we can win with that style, but we'll see.

cpk1994
09-10-2008, 02:25 PM

Way to pump up the numbers for Favre. Interesting how you credit Favre with the FG and Not ARod. So either ARod produced 17 pts or Brett had 28 & 14. I know you love Favre but this is rediuculous.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 02:26 PM

1) 24-7 = 17

2) How many did we put up in our first game last year against Philly? Try 9 points. I think that's as pertinent since the team was obviously rusty in its first game--just like last year. 3 points wiped off by a bad kick and 7 points on a great throw wiped out because an OL was downfield.

3) Weren't the Vikings supposed to be dramatically improved because they signed the "best DE" in the NFL?

Of course, Green Bay didn't have Jennings in game 1 last year, and they didn't have Ryan Grant and his 12 carries. Those would have helped Brett last year.

It is interesting though that Rodgers completed 81.8% and Brett never did that in a game where he threw more than 11 passes (he was 9 for 11 in that last game against Detroit). We'll see a different style of QB play from Rodgers. I think we can win with that style, but we'll see.

Just defending Brett.. and will continue to do so when guys like CPK give some jibber jabber about Brett compared to Arod.... there is no comparison, never will be

cpk1994
09-10-2008, 02:28 PM

1) 24-7 = 17

Just defending Brett.. and will continue to do so when guys like CPK give some jibber jabber about Brett compared to Arod.... there is no comparison, never will beIt wasn't jibber jabber. It was cold hard facts and an interesting one I thought I would share. Of course, only a Favre loon would call it jibber jabber...

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 02:33 PM

1) 24-7 = 17

Just defending Brett.. and will continue to do so when guys like CPK give some jibber jabber about Brett compared to Arod.... there is no comparison, never will beIt wasn't jibber jabber. It was cold hard facts and an interesting one I thought I would share. Of course, only a Favre loon would call it jibber jabber...

haha that one almost had me fall outta my chair, that was funny :lol:

cheesner
09-10-2008, 02:46 PM

Exactly.. there is no one saying we can't have another good QB in Green Bay, but to put him in the sentence with Brett is insane... we won't see another like him, good or bad.
To compare their careers is insane. To compare their current talent level is a fair argument that you can go either way with.

Like it or not, Aaron Rodgers is looking pretty good. He played an excellent game against an opponent that was supposed to have a top notch defense. It was only one game, and for all we know Minny may really suck. For that matter, Minny might go 14-2 and roll over everyone else this year. Even considering the confidence building game plan, AR played an excellent game.

Brett likewise, looked pretty good in his opener with the NYJ. I wish him a lot of luck, not just because of our draft pick ties to the trade, but because I am a fan.

AR is not what Brett once was, but he may be as good as Brett is now. It is impossible to tell - they both play the position differently. You can point to BF's scramble/launch for a TD and state that AR could not do that. Or you could point to ARs scramble for a first down and state that BF could not do that. You are perhaps correct in both cases (although I think it more likely that AR makes the scramble/launch play). Regardless - AR is playing very well and is still young - that is, he should continue to improve for the next few years.

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2008, 03:37 PM
AR brings an ability to scramble for first downs that Brett can't do anymore.

Of course, thay may just be the foolishness of youth.

bobblehead
09-10-2008, 04:46 PM

Easy tiger, i didn't say he would NEVER be compared to favre, I hope dearly that he is. I'm just saying that to do so right now is pointless as he is one NFL start under his belt and BF went to 2 superbowls. We can compare all the numbers we want, and AR had a great first start. He hopefully will have a great season. But as much as I was ready to close the BF era we can't compare them for at least 5 years.

mission
09-10-2008, 04:50 PM

Easy tiger, i didn't say he would NEVER be compared to favre, I hope dearly that he is. I'm just saying that to do so right now is pointless as he is one NFL start under his belt and BF went to 2 superbowls. We can compare all the numbers we want, and AR had a great first start. He hopefully will have a great season. But as much as I was ready to close the BF era we can't compare them for at least 5 years.

Fair enough.

But <used car salesman>let's just say</cheesy> Rodgers happens to win the Super Bowl this year. Now I'm not saying that's gonna happen... just imagine for a moment.

One season, one Super Bowl ring doesn't match the career achievement of Brett Favre (I really doubt that will ever happen tbh) but I think direct comparisons from a bottom line standpoint are fair to begin if they aren't already in full flame due to a (hypothetical) outstanding and currently ongoing A-Rod season.

DannoMac21
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM

1) 24-7 = 17

Sometimes when I get hit hard with hard facts about myself, I laugh too.

gex
09-10-2008, 08:19 PM

1) 24-7 = 17

Sometimes when I get hit hard with hard facts about myself, I laugh too.
Yea, me too Danno lol

Iron Mike
09-10-2008, 08:24 PM
A-Rod to the haters:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/a2ea73d5-fd54-4a72-b015-5b2ae49fd8ee_mn.jpg

How does my ass taste?

Zool
09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Worthless thread cat decided to make an appearance.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2008/1160593253214boq9.jpg

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 09:44 PM
All I know is when Rodgers has a horshit week (hopefully we still win) I'm gonna come on here and tell you he sucks, and he wont be good and all that stuff just because of all the crapola I've read about him being the next coming after a good performance.... I will be a Arod hating troll.. just a warning to all the guys on his nut sac for one week

Zool
09-10-2008, 09:48 PM
All I know is when Rodgers has a horshit week (hopefully we still win) I'm gonna come on here and tell you he sucks, and he wont be good and all that stuff just because of all the crapola I've read about him being the next coming after a good performance.... I will be a Arod hating troll.. just a warning to all the guys on his nut sac for one week

Prepare to have a week off from posting then.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 09:50 PM

Prepare to have a week off from posting then.

Why can they say one side and not hear the other? How is that not possible on these forums? IF arod sucks, we cant talk about it? Is he not apart of the Packers? Its fucking bullshit that one can say something about a person and then if and when something happens.. we cant hear the other side of it

Zool
09-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Whats fucking bullshit is you using this place however you see fit, yet complain to the high fucking heavens when someone else does it. I know you read every post. Go back to what Mad said about mod's and banning people. Then come back here and throw another hissy. You are getting very close to being your annoying old self again.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Just sick of the Favre haters is all... wont take it, WILL NOT take it... Its BS that they can say whatever the hell they feel and if someone says anything bad about Arod or talks about Favre, then people come after them... even if they haven't posted in that convo... There is no reason that I cannot say Arod sucks, if he sucks.. just like if Clifton woulda sucked, I woulda said he sucked.. there should be no double standard

Zool
09-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Just sick of the Favre haters is all... wont take it, WILL NOT take it... Its BS that they can say whatever the hell they feel and if someone says anything bad about Arod or talks about Favre, then people come after them... even if they haven't posted in that convo... There is no reason that I cannot say Arod sucks, if he sucks.. just like if Clifton woulda sucked, I woulda said he sucked.. there should be no double standard

Thats total BS and you know it. You just happen to be on one side of this BS. Frankly I'm sick to fucking death of both sides of it. You can say whatever you want about A-rod, but if you make a specific point of being a nuisance how can you expect to be treated as anything but?

"All I know is when Rodgers has a horshit week (hopefully we still win) I'm gonna come on here and tell you he sucks, and he wont be good and all that stuff just because of all the crapola I've read about him being the next coming after a good performance.... I will be a Arod hating troll.. just a warning to all the guys on his nut sac for one week"

Might want to think before you type. Type up your post, wait 60 seconds, reread the post, then hit submit if you feel its a good post.

KYPack
09-10-2008, 10:02 PM

Thank you,

Oh wise one.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM
It is BS Zool... I agree.. but that won't back me down from defending my side... I will not take the shit they dish out, simple as that.. it won't happen.. and I shouldn't have to... no one should.. Everytime they compare Arod to Favre, there I will be... jackass or not, I don't care... its stupid that it has come down to that but I just wont have it

Bretsky
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
I can't believe this pile of puke of a thread is still going; I don't think I bothered reading it since way long ago when I posted......keeps coming back like a rotton wart

MadtownPacker
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Just sick of the Favre haters is all... wont take it, WILL NOT take it... Its BS that they can say whatever the hell they feel and if someone says anything bad about Arod or talks about Favre, then people come after them... even if they haven't posted in that convo... There is no reason that I cannot say Arod sucks, if he sucks.. just like if Clifton woulda sucked, I woulda said he sucked.. there should be no double standardYour right, no reason you cant say he sucks and had he sucked others would be joining you. Thing is the guy played kinda good. Shit, I will even say better then expected. It was a great team effort and has me excited for the rest of the season. I just hope M3 quits being a panoch about the offense and opens it up. Good things would happen IMO.

See the other thread Zoolio?

Zool
09-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Just sick of the Favre haters is all... wont take it, WILL NOT take it... Its BS that they can say whatever the hell they feel and if someone says anything bad about Arod or talks about Favre, then people come after them... even if they haven't posted in that convo... There is no reason that I cannot say Arod sucks, if he sucks.. just like if Clifton woulda sucked, I woulda said he sucked.. there should be no double standardYour right, no reason you cant say he sucks and had he sucked others would be joining you. Thing is the guy played kinda good. Shit, I will even say better then expected. It was a great team effort and has me excited for the rest of the season. I just hope M3 quits being a panoch about the offense and opens it up. Good things would happen IMO.

See the other thread Zoolio?

Check my posts. I haven't said much of anything about Mr Favre, but the joke that was forming in that other thread was too good to pass up.

Zool
09-10-2008, 10:14 PM
http://www.neowin.net/forum/fun/die_thread_die.jpg

rbaloha1
09-10-2008, 10:47 PM
The original point of the thread was why should Packer fans hate A-Rod?

A-Rod was an innocent bystander in the Favre drama. It does not appear A-Rod was like Steve Young who publicly and privately lobbied to be the starter.

Simply put -- A-Rod played brilliantly given the circumstances. Just hope the doubters maybe start realizing A-Rod is more than capable of leading this team deep into the playoffs.

REMEMBER ITS THE GREEN BAY PACKERS NOT THE FAVRE PACKERS.

mission
09-10-2008, 11:42 PM

are you woody's son?

cpk1994
09-11-2008, 07:16 AM

are you woody's son?or Merlin's brother?

Zool
09-11-2008, 07:31 AM
So Merlin and Pete are Woody's kids? Thats quite the outrageous family.

Deputy Nutz
09-11-2008, 09:10 AM

A-Rod was an innocent bystander in the Favre drama. It does not appear A-Rod was like Steve Young who publicly and privately lobbied to be the starter.

Simply put -- A-Rod played brilliantly given the circumstances. Just hope the doubters maybe start realizing A-Rod is more than capable of leading this team deep into the playoffs.

REMEMBER ITS THE GREEN BAY PACKERS NOT THE FAVRE PACKERS.

There was really no need for that because other than a select few nobody here put any blame on Rodgers, and realized that he wasn't the one pulling the strings in the Favre fiasco. Simply no need to keep running threads like this out here. 97% of the people here support Rodgers.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2008, 10:00 AM
There was really no need for that because other than a select few nobody here put any blame on Rodgers, and realized that he wasn't the one pulling the strings in the Favre fiasco. Simply no need to keep running threads like this out here. 97% of the people here support Rodgers.

To be fair, weren't you the guy that said you'd root for the Jets more than the Packers this year? Come on. I hope you've woken from that drunken stupor.

If you didn't say that, I take it back.

Deputy Nutz
09-11-2008, 10:37 AM

To be fair, weren't you the guy that said you'd root for the Jets more than the Packers this year? Come on. I hope you've woken from that drunken stupor.

If you didn't say that, I take it back.

Harv, don't be a jackass, even if I did make those comments they lead to zero evidence that I still wouldn't support Rodgers, I supported him when Favre retired, wouldn't I still think he was capable even with Favre in the NFL?

So what if I said I would root for the Jets a little more than the Packers, that still doesn't support my above post about Rodgers. I haven't bashed Aaron Rodgers through any of this, other than to say that I believe Favre is still the better QB. I have been very complimentary of him actually.

That still isn't the point, the point is that you run some weak ass garbage out that has no bearing on my above post. Now if you could find some where that I wanted Aaron Rodgers to break his leg, throw a shit load of INTs, make a general ass of himself then I would have mud on my face and I would be a hypocrite.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Harv, don't be a jackass, even if I did make those comments they lead to zero evidence that I still wouldn't support Rodgers, I supported him when Favre retired, wouldn't I still think he was capable even with Favre in the NFL?

So what if I said I would root for the Jets a little more than the Packers, that still doesn't support my above post about Rodgers. I haven't bashed Aaron Rodgers through any of this, other than to say that I believe Favre is still the better QB. I have been very complimentary of him actually.

That still isn't the point, the point is that you run some weak ass garbage out that has no bearing on my above post. Now if you could find some where that I wanted Aaron Rodgers to break his leg, throw a shit load of INTs, make a general ass of himself then I would have mud on my face and I would be a hypocrite.

I didn't say you said you wouldn't support Rodgers. I just got give you shit for saying you'd root for the Jets more than the Packers. I still can't believe you said that. That's blasphemy.

Deputy Nutz
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
The funny thing is, I did believe this until Sunday. I missed the Jets game, but I made sure on Monday night I was camped out in front of a TV. I told myself I really didn't care how the Packers did, and if Rodgers flopped he flopped. Low and behold when the Packers started bumbling and stumbling early in the first half I began to get pissed, and I saw Skinbasket out of the corner of my eye start removing throwable objects from my reach.

Anyways, it is hard to really stop caring about the Packers, and for Favre. I will do my best to support each of them in their own special way.

Noodle
09-11-2008, 10:59 AM
That last post of Nutz's is a friggin beauty. Seriously. Pure truth, no bullshit or posturing.

Nothing further needs to be said on this at all.

Thus endeth the string.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2008, 11:08 AM
What's funny is that I told myself that I wouldn't care about what Favre did, and there I was watching the game on Sunday. Honestly, it was cool to see Favre look pretty good. He's fun to watch. He has a charisma when he plays. However, at the end of the game I was rooting against the Jets. Kind of weird, but I think it's because it makes it harder on Rodgers and the Packers if Favre and the Jets do well.

If the Packers continue to win, I think this will go away. For example, if the Packers and Jets make the playoffs, I think I'll be backing the Jets. I just don't want a situation where Rodgers and the Packers are struggling and Favre and the Jets are kicking ass. How miserable would that be?

Bretsky
09-11-2008, 12:46 PM

Who hates AROD ?

I don't think anybody does in here

mission
09-11-2008, 12:57 PM

Who hates AROD ?

No one does anymore.

See the bandwagon thread ...

rbaloha1
09-11-2008, 01:09 PM

Who hates AROD ?

No one does anymore.

Hope you are correct.

My concern is what happens if AR struggles?

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2008, 01:11 PM

Who hates AROD ?

Who hates Favre?

mission
09-11-2008, 01:24 PM

Who hates AROD ?

No one does anymore.

Hope you are correct.

My concern is what happens if AR struggles?

He wont.

Maybe one game and people will say shit but at that point, who cares ...

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm feeling pretty confident about Arod too. He is doing so many things well - touch on the short passes, strong arm downfield, scrambling from rush.

And he is just beginning to find his way, he will get better.

Guiness
09-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm with Mission on this one - did anyone hate Rodgers?

Some (ok, many) wanted Favre back instead of him. There were those that hated TT for not bringing Favre back, but I dk I saw any actual Rodgers haters.

Bretsky
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM

Who hates AROD ?

Who hates Favre?

I can think of one or two for sure

The Shadow
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM

1) 24-7 = 17

Just defending Brett.. and will continue to do so when guys like CPK give some jibber jabber about Brett compared to Arod.... there is no comparison, never will be

Especially if Rodgers can lead the Packers to more than one championship.

cpk1994
09-11-2008, 05:44 PM

Some (ok, many) wanted Favre back instead of him. There were those that hated TT for not bringing Favre back, but I dk I saw any actual Rodgers haters.Yes, Merlin and Woody.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Like I said before, the title of this thread is wrong. Rodgers should be replaced with Thompson. Also, there are many posters that don't think Rodgers has what it takes to be a good NFL QB. (Maybe not so many now.) They are pissed that Thompson put his faith in Rodgers. We still don't know if Rodgers will be a good NFL QB, but people are making it sound like they had complete confidence that Rodgers would get the job done. I think that's what this thread is about. Personally, I think the thread is unnecessary. Things will play out. At the end of the day (in 2-3 years), we can judge how good this move was.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Like I said before, the title of this thread is wrong. Rodgers should be replaced with Thompson.

Thompson is too easy to hate. It's part of his job description to be hated, there's no imagination in hating him.

I want to hear somebody step up and say they hate Mike McCarthy for running Favre out of town. That takes some 'nads, or ovaries, as the case may be.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM

Who hates AROD ?

Who hates Favre?

I can think of one or two for sure

what do their names rhyme with?

SnakeLH2006
09-12-2008, 01:50 AM

Some (ok, many) wanted Favre back instead of him. There were those that hated TT for not bringing Favre back, but I dk I saw any actual Rodgers haters.

Insanely accurate quote....I for one (and have many that support this) that thought is was bush-league for TT to jettison Brett the Jet, yet I still avidly and will follow the most exciting player in NFL history game to game. As far as Arod, I and many others Favre fans DID NOT EVER waver on Arods progess. I was extremely glad he did well and looked good in game 1 vs. the Vikes. I wish him the best and the Packers (as that is my and most all posters on here or we wouldn't post) the best. Go Arod! This topic sucks.

http://www.thedeets.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

cpk1994
09-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Just sick of the Favre haters is all... wont take it, WILL NOT take it... Its BS that they can say whatever the hell they feel and if someone says anything bad about Arod or talks about Favre, then people come after them... even if they haven't posted in that convo... There is no reason that I cannot say Arod sucks, if he sucks.. just like if Clifton woulda sucked, I woulda said he sucked.. there should be no double standardI think I just found out who Paco is. He had a similar rant about another famous person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSjUe0FyxQ

Merlin
09-12-2008, 02:32 PM

Merlin, and a few other malcontents. Though I think their hatred of Rodgers is mostly just an extension of their hatred of Ted.

Wrong once again. Get your head out of your ass, just because someone criticizes a player doesn't mean they "hate" them. Rodgers played well, the team as a whole did not and anyone who thinks they did needs to go watch the friggin tape again. We almost got beat by a terrible team. Does that mean I now hate the Packers too?

I guess what they say is right, you can't fix stupid...

Tarlam!
09-12-2008, 02:34 PM

BOMNF!!!!

mraynrand
09-12-2008, 02:46 PM

http://idiotsonmyfloor.com/images/drunkrant.jpg

cpk1994
09-12-2008, 02:51 PM

Wrong once again. Get your head out of your ass, just because someone criticizes a player doesn't mean they "hate" them. Rodgers played well, the team as a whole did not and anyone who thinks they did needs to go watch the friggin tape again. We almost got beat by a terrible team. Does that mean I now hate the Packers too?

I guess what they say is right, you can't fix stupid...You have been hating on him since the day he was drafted and called him a bust before he even puty on the uniform. Don't try to change history. Just admit you hate him. It's fine. No one cares. Also considering you changed your avartar to a Jets logo, I think there is some hate for the packers there now too.

Chevelle2
09-12-2008, 03:09 PM

I guess what they say is right, you can't fix stupid...You have been hating on him since the day he was drafted and called him a bust before he even puty on the uniform. Don't try to change history. Just admit you hate him. It's fine. No one cares. Also considering you changed your avartar to a Jets logo, I think there is some hate for the packers there now too.

I was searching through Merlin's old posts to see how he attacked Rodgers in the past. I wasn't able to find anything, but I did find this. Following a preseason game.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=63129&highlight=#63129

Woodson sucks and needs to be CUT.

Scott Campbell
09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Does that mean I now hate the Packers too?

.......says the guy with the Jets hat as his avatar.

Scott Campbell
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Woodson sucks and needs to be CUT. Don't hand me this crap about one bad game either.

I know its a little cliche, but you can't fix stupid. Especially when its hemorrhaging.

Chevelle2
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Here we go....Merlin hated a fanpage about Rodgers....

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=112482&highlight=#112482

Yet another embarassing reason Rogers needs to go.

Good Grief!

Scott Campbell
09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Yet another embarassing reason Rogers needs to go.

Good Grief!

Hear that? It's the sweet sound of Merlin shutting the fuck up.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2008, 04:22 PM

Terrible team..you mean the team that most pundits were saying was a contender for the superbowl and certainly the best team in our division. :oops:

boiga
09-12-2008, 05:08 PM
How could anyone hate Rodgers?

AFTER GETTYSBURG, NOTHING FAZES YOU

"I thought it would be pretty cool to rock an outfit on the plane."
-Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers who wore a Civil War uniform (Union infantryman garb, complete with a hat) on the plane to the August 22 preseason game in Denver.

"Guys cut up quite a bit when they saw it. A lot of laughter. But I kept my earphones on, because I knew Coach (McCarthy) would not be very fond of my attire."

"He needs to get a real hobby."
-Packers coach Mike McCarthy on Aaron Rodgers.

"He's just different. Not in a bad way. He's very spontaneous, especially when it comes to his hair and his clothing selection. That's just his own little thing."
-Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/week-quotes/week-quotes-september-12-2008

cpk1994
09-13-2008, 03:54 PM

.......says the guy with the Jets hat as his avatar.Hey, quit stealing my Merlin matieral. :lol:

cpk1994
09-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I was searching through Merlin's old posts to see how he attacked Rodgers in the past. I wasn't able to find anything, but I did find this. Following a preseason game.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=63129&highlight=#63129

Woodson sucks and needs to be CUT.

Well, a lot of it happened in 2005, which is no longer online. Especially during the preseason of that year.

GBRulz
09-13-2008, 05:29 PM

I don't really agree with the comparison, SC. There were tons of fans at the game on Monday night wearing either a #4 Jet's jersey or hat. Every day around GB, I'm seeing more and more Jet's jerseys. So they are Packer fans who also follow the Jets...I don't understand the big deal, it's actually very common around here.

cpk1994
09-13-2008, 05:31 PM

I don't really agree with the comparison, SC. There were tons of fans at the game on Monday night wearing either a #4 Jet's jersey or hat. Every day around GB, I'm seeing more and more Jet's jerseys. So they are Packer fans who also follow the Jets...I don't understand the big deal, it's actually very common around here.Yeah, an that was the most disgusting thing I have ever seem on monday night. YOu are Packers fans for christs sake. Favre is gone. Those idiots need to get over it.

Rastak
09-13-2008, 05:32 PM

I don't really agree with the comparison, SC. There were tons of fans at the game on Monday night wearing either a #4 Jet's jersey or hat. Every day around GB, I'm seeing more and more Jet's jerseys. So they are Packer fans who also follow the Jets...I don't understand the big deal, it's actually very common around here.

Some people are still real bitter about the divorce.

Chevelle2

Would you get an Eagles Freeman jersey and wear it to the Packer game?

Rastak

Is he heading to the hall of fame?

Bretsky
09-13-2008, 05:33 PM

Stop trying to make some sense; it's inconsistent with the tone the thread has taken.

cpk1994
09-13-2008, 05:35 PM

Is he heading to the hall of fame?What difference does that make? It was disgraceful of those Packers fans to wear Jets jerseys. You want to wear a Favre Packer jersey, fine. Wearing the Jets jerseys? YOu should forfiet your tickets, you are not true Packer fans.

Chevelle2
09-13-2008, 05:35 PM

A Reggie Panthers jersey?

esoxx
09-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I just can't wait for tomorrow night's "Where are the A-Rod Haters -- Regular Season Week 2." :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bretsky
09-13-2008, 05:38 PM

Is he heading to the hall of fame?What difference does that make? It was disgraceful of those Packers fans to wear Jets jerseys. You want to wear a Favre Packer jersey, fine. Wearing the Jets jerseys? YOu should forfiet your tickets, you are not true Packer fans.

Aren't you the guy who noted that you would stop being a Packer fan if they brought Favre back as a starter ?????????

Rastak
09-13-2008, 05:42 PM

Why not?

cpk1994
09-13-2008, 05:44 PM

Aren't you the guy who noted that you would stop being a Packer fan if they brought Favre back as a starter ?????????Yes I did. But a Favre Packer jersey is a PACKER jersey. I have no probelm with people who wear Favre Packer jersey. Wearing a Jets jersey to a Packer game in which the Jets aren't involved is disgusting.

cpk1994
09-13-2008, 05:45 PM

Why not?Becuase it disrepectful to the team you are rooting for. You want to wear a Panther jersey, go to Charlotte and watch them.

GBRulz
09-13-2008, 07:34 PM
It was disgraceful of those Packers fans to wear Jets jerseys. You want to wear a Favre Packer jersey, fine. Wearing the Jets jerseys? YOu should forfiet your tickets, you are not true Packer fans.

While I won't disagree that some fans wearing the Favre Jets jersey are more Favre fans than Packer fans, but that isn't always the case. Favre was a huge part of this organization for many years and for many fans, Favre is all they know. So, who are you to judge that just because they wear a jersey of their favorite player who is now on another team, that they aren't true Packer fans?

Let's also remember who was throwing the Packers head coach under the bus when there was a slight possibility of Favre coming back? Is that a true fan?

mission
09-13-2008, 08:12 PM
It was disgraceful of those Packers fans to wear Jets jerseys. You want to wear a Favre Packer jersey, fine. Wearing the Jets jerseys? YOu should forfiet your tickets, you are not true Packer fans.

While I won't disagree that some fans wearing the Favre Jets jersey are more Favre fans than Packer fans, but that isn't always the case. Favre was a huge part of this organization for many years and for many fans, Favre is all they know. So, who are you to judge that just because they wear a jersey of their favorite player who is now on another team, that they aren't true Packer fans?

Let's also remember who was throwing the Packers head coach under the bus when there was a slight possibility of Favre coming back? Is that a true fan?

Do we have to judge?

Wear that shit on Wednesdays around town or something ... you're going to a Packers game with a Jets jersey on. Who does that?!

I dont have to be Jesus to judge them or anything. They're asses.

A true Packers fan would never do that.

Scott Campbell
09-13-2008, 09:11 PM
So, who are you to judge that just because they wear a jersey of their favorite?

What if he ended up with the Vikings or Bears? Would you still feel the same way about our supposed fans wearing #4 in those putrid colors?

It's the jersey of another team, the enemy, worn within Lambeau - high treason if you ask me.

Of course, nobody would ask me. :lol:

Zool
09-13-2008, 09:49 PM
So, who are you to judge that just because they wear a jersey of their favorite?

IMO its high douchebaggery to wear a jersey of a team who's not even on the field. Its like people who go to a game to be at a game and be seen not actually watch a game. I've been to a couple Twins games at the dome this season that the Brewers werent playing in and I didnt wear any Brewers gear. Its sort of akin to wearing a shirt of the band you're going to watch.

Bretsky
09-13-2008, 09:54 PM
cripes what a bunch of frickin drama queens

I have no problems at all with people wearing jerseys from other teams

Reggie in Panthers jersey......BFD

Zool
09-13-2008, 09:56 PM
douche
baggery

And its hardly drama queen. I'm not going to pick a fight with someone in a Lions Bill Schroeder jersey, but I'm gonna call him a douchebag.

Bretsky
09-13-2008, 09:58 PM
douche
baggery

And its hardly drama queen. I'm not going to pick a fight with someone in a Lions Bill Schroeder jersey, but I'm gonna call him a douchebag.

chiklike.........no offense meant to gals

Zool
09-13-2008, 10:00 PM
douche
baggery

This sounds like the pining of a guy wearing a 3rd party jersey to a sporting event.

Et tu Bretsky?

Bretsky
09-13-2008, 10:01 PM
douche
baggery

This sounds like the pining of a guy wearing a 3rd party jersey to a sporting event.

Et tu Bretsky?

Have not did it yet

But if I ever know you are going to be at a game I'll undoubtedly do it now :lol:

DannoMac21
09-13-2008, 10:33 PM

Because Reggie White did the same bullshit Favre did this past offseason...

GBRulz
09-13-2008, 11:37 PM
douche
baggery

None taken. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the guys cause all the damn drama around here. :lol:

GBRulz
09-13-2008, 11:52 PM
What if he ended up with the Vikings

Well, according to what you said in the Packer loyalty thread, that should be ok, right? :shock:

Vikings - who cares. They're not the real rivalry.

mission
09-14-2008, 03:14 AM
douche
baggery

None taken. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the guys cause all the damn drama around here. :lol:

I apologize, guys. I've been ovulating this week and, well, you know how all that goes. There are good times of the month, there are bad times ... I try to remain steady throughout. :D

cpk1994
09-14-2008, 03:26 AM

Because Reggie White did the same bullshit Favre did this past offseason...Reggie didn't do nearly the same shit as Favre did. Reggie didn't go on national TV and throw the orginzation under the bus. Reggie didn't has his mommy and brother speak for him. Reggie didn't demand to be allowed to go to the Vikings. Comparing Reggie to Brett is flat out insulting to Reggie.

cpk1994
09-14-2008, 03:29 AM

IMO its high douchebaggery to wear a jersey of a team who's not even on the field. Its like people who go to a game to be at a game and be seen not actually watch a game. I've been to a couple Twins games at the dome this season that the Brewers werent playing in and I didnt wear any Brewers gear. Its sort of akin to wearing a shirt of the band you're going to watch.Exactly my point.

BTW, GBR,All you have for an excuse for wearing Jets jerseys is "Favre is all they know"? What a lame, and quite frankly BS, argument.

MJZiggy
09-14-2008, 09:06 AM
douche
baggery

QFAT :lol: :lol:

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 09:09 AM
What if he ended up with the Vikings

Well, according to what you said in the Packer loyalty thread, that should be ok, right? :shock:

Vikings - who cares. They're not the real rivalry.

Pull the rest of my quote. That was for home use - safe from tailgaters.

You don't see the Mormons passing out pamphlets in the Vatican - do you?

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 09:13 AM
douche
baggery

We don't band together as a gender like you women seem to.

MJZiggy
09-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Pull the rest of my quote. That was for home use - safe from tailgaters.

You don't see the Mormons passing out pamphlets in the Vatican - do you?

they would if they thought they could get away with it...

MadtownPacker
09-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Memo to rbaloha: The last few pages are what people figured would happen when they complained about this thread.

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Memo to rbaloha: The last few pages are what people figured would happen when they complained about this thread.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

rbaloha1
09-14-2008, 10:57 AM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Thanks for the note.

Unfortunately the thread took a strange twist. Again the objective was for the early A-Rod/TT haters to reunite as Packer fans.

I enjoyed Favre as much as anyone. Will continue to cheer Favre and hope the Jets make it to the super bowl. Do not think its disrespectful to wear a Favre Jet Jersey as a tribute to Favre's amazing abilities to play at a high level at age 38.

However for me its always the Green Bay Packers and not the Favre Packers.