PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal

packers11
09-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Anyone watching the Denver game... This rookie is looking like a stud...

8 rec 128 yards 1 td...

I think he was taken in the second round...

Bretsky
09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Yes, he was taken about seven picks after Jordy Nelson

He's looked very good so far

Pacopete4
09-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I think Jay Cutler is going to be a stud this season.. he has many weapons and a very good run game.. Denver might be that team that steps up in the AFC this year and takes the place of IND or NE or SD as the elite team

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2008, 11:34 PM

Well, with Marshall out, somebody has to start for the Broncos. Kind of hard to catch passes when you don't play much. Just ask Robert Meachem. I'm okay with Jordy take a slow path to greatness.
:D

boiga
09-09-2008, 12:08 AM
I think Jay Cutler is going to be a stud this season.. he has many weapons and a very good run game.. Denver might be that team that steps up in the AFC this year and takes the place of IND or NE or SD as the elite team
Who would have thunk that not dieing of diabetes would improve a guys QB rating? I've always been big on Cutler. If they can improve their run D, they'll have a good shot.

Bretsky
09-09-2008, 01:11 AM

Well, with Marshall out, somebody has to start for the Broncos. Kind of hard to catch passes when you don't play much. Just ask Robert Meachem. I'm okay with Jordy take a slow path to greatness.
:D

I'd be content with him being decent; we hit gold with Jennings. Can't expect TT to keep doing that.

Did you watch the Broncos game; some of the patterns they isolated him running were impressive. Very smooth and fluid patterns. He might being a wonderful complement to Marshall

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 01:16 AM
If Eddie Royal pans out to be anything like tonight.. I think the Denver Broncos has the best offense in the AFC. Their run game will be dominant and they have great talent at WR and TE plus a up and coming QB who is the real deal.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Denver Depth!.. I'm impressed...

WR- Brandon Marshall, Darrell Jackson, Brandon Stokley, Eddie Royal, Keary Colbert
TE- Tony Sheffler, Nate Jackson, Daniel Graham
RB- Selvin Young, Michael Pittman, Andre Hall

add in that Oline and Cutler and wowzers.. will it be another Pack/Broncos SB?

Bretsky
09-09-2008, 01:24 AM

WR- Brandon Marshall, Darrell Jackson, Brandon Stokley, Eddie Royal, Keary Colbert

I haven't been as impressed with a rookie WR like that since Jennings in terms of fluid route running; obviously Calvin Johnson is loaded with talent
Marshall has developed into a pro bowler and there is nice depth there
Good OL
Cutler IMO will be huge this year

They do have Slowik as the DC; we'll see how that defense holds up.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 01:25 AM

I haven't been as impressed with a rookie WR like that since Jennings in terms of fluid route running; obviously Calvin Johnson is loaded with talent
Marshall has developed into a pro bowler and there is nice depth there
Good OL
Cutler IMO will be huge this year

They do have Slowik as the DC; we'll see how that defense holds up.

Maybe this will be the deciding factor in the Super Bowl? haha :lol:

The Leaper
09-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Well, they were playing the Raiders...so let's not get ahead of ourselves by giving Royal a Pro Bowl berth just yet.

packrat
09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Oakland is becoming the Vikings of their division--trying to get ahead with a division rivals discards--Javon Walker and Ashley Lelie aren't working to well for them.

FavreChild
09-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Denver's D-line needs to improve in order for them to be a serious contender. Recall that the Raiders stopped their own drives through the entire first half with mistakes and blunders.

I have watched just about every Broncos game for three years now - a deal I have with a friend of mine (he watches Packer games with me, I watch the Broncos with him). The run defense didn't necessarily show me any signs of improvement last night. And the Broncos special teams is just god-awful.

Still, they will have a good chance in a severely weakened AFC; a team to keep your eye on. NFC will be the power conference this year.

Guiness
09-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Royal definitely looked good, but I'll want to see him again other than an Oakland D that was absolutely horrible.

The secondary was atrocious. Huff had an epic miss on a tackle and the WR went for a TD. Hall drew a couple of penalties after the play was over. Oakland had given up midway through the 3rd quarter.

Bossman641
09-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Royal looked very good, runs great routes. He absolutely embarassed DeAngelo Hall a number of times.

Was Hall a pro-bowler last year or 2 years ago? :roll: What a joke.

3irty1
09-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Royal looked very good, runs great routes. He absolutely embarassed DeAngelo Hall a number of times.

Was Hall a pro-bowler last year or 2 years ago? :roll: What a joke.

Remember when he fell down? Christ.

These VT receivers come out of nowhere. They are all just a guy in the rotation while at Tech.