PDA

View Full Version : Terence Newman quote on Al Harris

3irty1
09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
"When I was in college, I used to look at [Charles] Woodson and Deion [Sanders] and Darrell Green and guys like that," Newman said. "You always look at Al Harris because he's the best press corner in the game right now. You take little bits and pieces of all their games and use what they have to make you better."

Newman, who enters his sixth NFL season, was impressed at how Sanders used his speed to catch up to receivers who got some distance on him. Newman watched as Harris used his hands to hold off receivers in man-to-man coverage.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/090408dnsponewmanlede.1f9bda5.html

boiga
09-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Al's my favorite Packer as well. Judging from last night, he's still ageless and can get the job done. He had a great open field tackle against AP in the second half where he flipped him out of bounds. Considering that Peterson has 40-50 pounds on Harris, that's no mean feat.

He's also investing in the National Football Post website so they got him to do a kind of funny interview:
10 Questions With Al Harris

One of our favorite players here at the National Football Post is Green Bay cornerback Al Harris. Our President, Andrew Brandt, had the pleasure of working with Al during his time with the Packers, and Jack Bechta has had the privilege of representing Harris as his agent throughout his NFL career. We were lucky enough to have Al sit down and answer some questions for us. The National Football Post wants to know, what do you think?

Player: Al Harris

Team: Green Bay Packers

Position: Cornerback

Brief Bio: Harris was selected in the sixth round (pick 169) of the 1997 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has not missed a game in his entire ten year career and has appeared in 172 straight contests. Harris earned his first trip to the Pro Bowl following the 2007 season.

1. What is your favorite moment in football?

“Preparing during the week. Breaking down my opponents and creating strategic tactics.”

2. Who inspires you the most in life?

“My parents.”

3. Who has been the toughest player you have faced in your career?

“Jimmy Smith. He is a master route runner. I had no answers for what he was doing. However, it was a wake-up call to get better.”

4. What is your favorite inspirational quote or your mantra?

“Health and Wealth!”

5. Which current NFL player do you respect the most and why?

“Aaron Kampman: Family, Faith, then football…that’s him, he’s a man.”

6. What is going through your mind during the National Anthem?

“I’m just taking it all in, getting energized. I love it when the jets fly overhead.”

7. Who is the most famous non-football person in your cell phone?

“Eddie Jones”

8. Once football is over, what do you see yourself doing?

“Managing my investments and counseling young players in the role of a coach and agent.”

9. What secret talent do you have that nobody knows about?

“I can skate! Skateboarding was one of my first loves as a kid.”

10. Do you have any pre-game routines or superstitions?

“I find a quiet, dirty, blue-collar place in the locker room, kneel, pray, and rub some blessed oil on my body.” http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/09/10-questions-with-al-harris-2/

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I could take care of that blessed oil part for him... :mrgreen: