PDA

View Full Version : Here Kitty Kitty......Here Kitty Kitty......

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
After Matt fricken' Ryan lit them up, I can't imagine what kind of sick twisted massacre Rodgers will lay down on Sunday.

Thoughts?

packers11
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I was thinking the same thing... That defense couldn't tackle and couldn't cover... This is going to be fun to watch...

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I was thinking the same thing... That defense couldn't tackle and couldn't cover... This is going to be fun to watch...

Grant too...Turner and Norwood made them look silly.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
My thought is I hope they go in with the gameplan of run, run, run and playaction the shit outta them...

MadtownPacker
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I hate meeting a team that got blown out the week before. But it is the lions so it should be all good. Thinking we need a Lumpkins sighting for this game.

Guiness
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I like Turner, and think he's a very good back.

But 220 yards???? And they sat him down early, didn't they???

Good thing they got rid of that Sean Rogers guy, eh? He was really messing things up.

Chevelle2
09-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I hate meeting a team that got blown out the week before.

I do tend to agree with this a bit....but hey Im just excited!

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Thinking we need a Lumpkins sighting for this game.

couldn't agree more... Jackson fumbled and just didn't look like he belonged on a NFL field last night.. I still think he's too small. And you can give me the Barry Sanders speech but Sanders had a thing called talent and lots of it.

mission
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM

couldn't agree more... Jackson fumbled and just didn't look like he belonged on a NFL field last night.. I still think he's too small. And you can give me the Barry Sanders speech but Sanders had a thing called talent and lots of it.

Yeah the fact that Barry Sanders and Brandon Jackson are in that same sentence above is a huge disservice to #20... I know you're agreeing with me but yeah... he's not ready.

I want to see Lumpkin at #2, at least in running situations... 1/2 downs

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM

Yeah the fact that Barry Sanders and Brandon Jackson are in that same sentence above is a huge disservice to #20... I know you're agreeing with me but yeah... he's not ready.

Ya, I was just told once when I said Jackson was too small that so was Barry Sanders and I almost fell off my chair laughing. Lumpkin has shown me more in preseason that Jackson has in his career. Jackson should be used on 3rd downs like Tony Fisher was used.

AtlPackFan
09-09-2008, 11:44 AM
IMHO, you never take a divisional foe lightly. They play their best game against division rivals. Plus the game is in that stupid dome.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate the Falcons. Working a few miles from their training camp, I have taken in a few practices and a scrimmage. They now have a coach who preaches tough, physical football. They are putting a lot of emphasis on the running game to protect Matt Ryan and they have jettisoned a lot of the older players that weren't producing. They could give us a game in Lambeau...shouldn't, but could.

Anyway, agree that it should be a win but it will be interesting to see if the Lions come out fired up to prove to the world that this past Sunday was a fluke and make a game of it.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Jackson should be used on 3rd downs like Tony Fisher was used.

I'd be more comfortable with him in that situation if he could pick up the blitz a little better.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I hate meeting a team that got blown out the week before.

That's the X factor. If they get blown out again, people with start writing off the 08 season. They should be plenty motivated.

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Jackson should be used on 3rd downs like Tony Fisher was used.

I'd be more comfortable with him in that situation if he could pick up the blitz a little better.

I think you might have hit it right there why we don't see him in that role

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Jackson isn't too small. He just runs with too much hesitation. He's fine breaking a tackle by one guy, but he dances in the backfield and then three guys are on him. It's his indecisiveness, not his size, that matters.

MadtownPacker
09-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Jackson isn't too small. He just runs with too much hesitation. He's fine breaking a tackle by one guy, but he dances in the backfield and then three guys are on him. It's his indecisiveness, not his size, that matters.Exactly.

Lumpkins is a punishing runner. He aint going around you he is going through you. He plays that tough UGA running game.

mraynrand
09-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Jackson isn't too small. He just runs with too much hesitation. He's fine breaking a tackle by one guy, but he dances in the backfield and then three guys are on him. It's his indecisiveness, not his size, that matters.

That's right. It doesn't work in the Packers scheme right now. He will be more useful in the receiving game, out in space.

in the run game, somehow he needs to learn to just put his foot down and make that one cut and go.

Bossman641
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I'd come out early, real early and try to hit on a PA bomb on the Lions. They couldn't stop the run for shit and will more than likely be selling all out to shut it down.

For the rest of the game: run, run, and then run some more. I'll be extremely disappointed if there is not a heavy dosage of Grant/Jackson on Sunday.

mmmdk
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Good thing they got rid of that Sean Rogers guy, eh? He was really messing things up.

Turner, Norwood, White and eventually Ryan will make this a fun team to watch.

That said; Packers are better (now) and I'm banking on a win on Oct. 5th. at Lambeau.

Lurker64
09-09-2008, 01:43 PM
i hope they beat the lions, improve on this week (particularly in terms of penalties), and nobody gets hurt.

BEARMAN
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Your team takes them kitties too lightly and they may get clawed up real bad ! Would not be smart to underestimate them. I'ld go in there thinking they were the best and try like heck to kick 'em were it hurts. Your guys waltz in there like this game is already won and they may come out with cheese on their faces ! :roll:

Go BEARS Go !

Sparkey
09-09-2008, 04:11 PM

Ya, I was just told once when I said Jackson was too small that so was Barry Sanders and I almost fell off my chair laughing. Lumpkin has shown me more in preseason that Jackson has in his career. Jackson should be used on 3rd downs like Tony Fisher was used.

The thing that Jackson is good at, compared to Lumpkin is blitz pickups and sliding out in the flats on pass plays. I will say, however, that bye week 10 I can see Lumpkin handling the backup more often than BJack.

Brohm
09-09-2008, 04:56 PM
12 penalties, I hope MM rides them hard so this won't be a "let-down" week.

Joemailman
09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
You want to jump on the Lions early. Get up by a couple scores, and the crowd will turn against them. The longer the Lions can keep he game close, the better their chance will be of winning.

mission
09-09-2008, 06:11 PM
The longer the Lions can keep he game close, the better their chance will be of winning.

Profound... :)

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2008, 06:20 PM
I completely agree, this should be a very easy win. Our offense especially should run wild. There's always a danger of over-confidence, though, especially with a fairly young QB like Rodgers, who was really focused in the Viking game.

Also, the Lions do have a fairly decent offense of their own, so let's not get scratched by those kitties.

gbgary
09-09-2008, 06:28 PM
i'll bet we see a replay of last night's game. a semi-frustrating nail-biter and a win.

Carolina_Packer
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Your team takes them kitties too lightly and they may get clawed up real bad ! Would not be smart to underestimate them. I'ld go in there thinking they were the best and try like heck to kick 'em were it hurts. Your guys waltz in there like this game is already won and they may come out with cheese on their faces ! :roll:

Go BEARS Go !

You mean like last December when we visited Soldier Field? :oops:

One thing I think is true about McCarthy. He doesn't allow for over-confidence or a let down. They have some warts to treat, so it's not like they rolled Minnesota and played a clean game. They can play more disciplined. No way this team should be feelin' it. Way too early.

Joemailman
09-09-2008, 07:46 PM

Jerious Norwood had another 93. Lions gave up 320 yards on the ground. Unbelievable.