PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks sign J. Ryan

packers11
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/09/09/seahawks-pick-up-former-packers-punter-ryan.aspx

Pacopete4
09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
good for him, seemed like a good guy while he was here but I'm happy with Frost

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm happy for him also. I hope Frost and Ryan both have long, productive careers.

mission
09-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Im glad.

How long til Woody has an account at Hawkrats.com? Seattle is pretty damn close to Canada eh!!

KYPack
09-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Jon just didn't learn. They really wanted him to do a 2 step drop, get quicker, and be consistent. He tried to do a two step, but would revert to his old style over time.

Jon did a lot of stuff that just kills you from a coverage standpoint. The spotlight was on him this pre-season and he still hit liners and shanks. Stock didn't trust him and I think the boy was gone the minute Frost became available.

This cut really shocked Ryan and I think he will try like hell to improve in many areas. he's got to forget trying to hit bombs all the yime and focus on his job. Punt coverage is a total team effort and Ryan needs to focus on his job and not try to be "Superleg" all the time.

He's a great kid and I wish him all the luck in the world. But he had to go. It was business.

mraynrand
09-09-2008, 12:13 PM
It would seem like a good move. Can he catch the ball and run with it? Can he tackle in the run game? That's what the birds need most right now.

boiga
09-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Good for Jon. Maybe he'll be the second runner up for League MVP again this year.

MadtownPacker
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Im sure Blackmon is happy.

mmmdk
09-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Happy for Jon, happy we got Frost :D

Punting showdown at Seattle; Seahawks vs Packers on oct. 12th.

Countdown begins...NOW! :lol:

Rastak
09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm happy for him also. I hope Frost and Ryan both have long, productive careers.

Frost looked pretty solid last night.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2008, 04:44 PM

Frost looked pretty solid last night.

He started off hot last year, so the jury is still out. We are probably going to see less long punts, less line drives, and more punts downed inside the 10. Ryan has a great leg, so I was hoping he'd develop his hang time and directional skills, but I guess the coaching staff thought he had enough time to improve.

Brohm
09-09-2008, 04:45 PM
GL to Ryan, but damn you can clearly see the difference in punting styles.

mission
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Happy for Jon, happy we got Frost :D

Punting showdown at Seattle; Seahawks vs Packers on oct. 12th.

Countdown begins...NOW! :lol:

I cant wait :wait:

pbmax
09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
If Hasselback will toss it to him underhanded, then we already know he can run like a fullback. I can see him on the slot or wide, running a bubble screen. Or for that matter, direct snap to the FB/punter. :lol:

I wish him good luck. He had a good sense of humor and seemed unafraid of the tougher parts of the game. Here's hoping he continues to improve.

It would seem like a good move. Can he catch the ball and run with it? Can he tackle in the run game? That's what the birds need most right now.

NewsBruin
09-09-2008, 09:50 PM
He's still in line for the MVP, right?