PDA

View Full Version : Obama is an uppity negro

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 12:50 PM
"Just from what little I’ve seen of her and Mr. Obama, Sen. Obama, they're a member of an elitist-class individual that thinks that they're uppity," Westmoreland said.

Hmm..the word uppity doesn't have any connotations in the south does it. :oops:

Political consultant David Gergen, who has worked in both Republican and Democratic White Houses, said on ABC’s "This Week" that “As a native of the south, I can tell you, when you see this Charlton Heston ad, 'The One,' that's code for, 'He's uppity, he ought to stay in his place.' Everybody gets that who is from a Southern background.”

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 01:03 PM
In her speech Monday, Clinton, who has never served in the House, told the audience that "when you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation, and you know what I'm talking about."

ZOMG!!!!!!

retailguy
09-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Keep trying Tyrone. I have complete faith that eventually you will find some dirt, that you can take out of context that will stick..... right to your face.

Seeing you desperate is hilarious. :lol:

sheepshead
09-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Westmoreland needs to formally apologize immediately.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Keep trying Tyrone. I have complete faith that eventually you will find some dirt, that you can take out of context that will stick..... right to your face.

Out of context? LOL

Even O'reilly is calling for him to apologize.

Zool
09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Normally this is all BS, but to call a black dude uppity? Why not just tell him to sit in the back of the bus?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Normally this is all BS, but to call a black dude uppity? Why not just tell him to sit in the back of the bus?

Shouldn't have to tell him to get to the back of the bus...they should already know it!

The Leaper
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
How hard is it to call a Harvard grad uppity? That's a given...regardless of skin color.

For that matter, everyone in Washington is uppity too...so there are a lot of old white guys who are uppity.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I think we need to publish a list of words that are never to be used under any circumstances.

mraynrand
09-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I think we need to publish a list of words that are never to be used under any circumstances.

How could you, if they are never to be used under any circumstance... oh, hell, what's the use?

HowardRoark
09-09-2008, 03:46 PM
"Just from what little I’ve seen of her and Mr. Obama, Sen. Obama, they're a member of an elitist-class individual that thinks that they're uppity," Westmoreland said.

Political consultant David Gergen, who has worked in both Republican and Democratic White Houses, said on ABC’s "This Week" that “As a native of the south, I can tell you, when you see this Charlton Heston ad, 'The One,' that's code for, 'He's uppity, he ought to stay in his place.' Everybody gets that who is from a Southern background.”

I agree with you Ty on the first part (Westmoreland), even if it was a benign, it was not smart on his part....not the second part (Heston).

Joemailman
09-09-2008, 04:36 PM

Antidisestablishmentarianism.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

sooner6600
09-09-2008, 05:06 PM
four more years!

retailguy
09-09-2008, 05:48 PM

Out of context? LOL

Look, people are always going to use the wrong words. It's life. It happens to you too, you know.

Equating those things, in different situations is UNREASONABLE and typical of the BS you've been spewing lately.

Should the guy apologize? Of course. Do these two situations have anything to do with one another? Of course NOT.

Twisting and turning. That's the TY way!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 06:03 PM

I agree with you Ty on the first part (Westmoreland), even if it was a benign, it was not smart on his part....not the second part (Heston).

ty wasn't saying he agreed with Gergen. However, ty is willing to give gergen wide lattitude as he served different admins and has lived in the south.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 06:07 PM

Out of context? LOL

Look, people are always going to use the wrong words. It's life. It happens to you too, you know.

Equating those things, in different situations is UNREASONABLE and typical of the BS you've been spewing lately.

Should the guy apologize? Of course. Do these two situations have anything to do with one another? Of course NOT.

Twisting and turning. That's the TY way!

Nice try.

Ty doesn't use racially tinged words. And, when ty does use the wrong word..it is an attempt at humor. Can one cross the line..of course.

It is always the same for you guys...it was the wrong word..no indication of how the person feels...macaca..now this.

You can deny your party using code words all you want, but the educated person understands what is really being said. Welfare moms, etc.

BS: What BS. I spew tons less than you guys.

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Ty, my man. "Uppity" mean "outstanding" in ebonics. Don't it?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Ty, my man. "Uppity" mean "outstanding" in ebonics. Don't it?

I think you mean hoopty. :wink:

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Tyrone, your quote is so grammatically screwed up it doesn't even make sense. What the hell is this Westmoreland character trying to say, anyway? And for that matter, WHO in the hell IS Westmoreland? Not the old dead general, I presume--he's the only one I've heard of.

The only person using the word "uppity" is Gergen, and he's pretty much an elitist shill for Obama these days.

Just the same, if the shoe fits ...... and Obama sure does seem to be wearing it.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Tyrone, your quote is so grammatically screwed up it doesn't even make sense. What the hell is this Westmoreland character trying to say, anyway? And for that matter, WHO in the hell IS Westmoreland? Not the old dead general, I presume--he's the only one I've heard of.

The only person using the word "uppity" is Gergen, and he's pretty much an elitist shill for Obama these days.

Just the same, if the shoe fits ...... and Obama sure does seem to be wearing it.

Grammar: Now you are blaming me for the way a republican speaks. Rich.

Westmoreland: Look old man, you have to do some work on your own. Stop asking for handouts...funny, the guy that rails against the nanny state can't even do a simple google search.

Gergen: Can't figure out where you got that, but like most of your posts...that makes no sense.

Uppity: Right, the guy who came from nothing to make something of himself is uppity....not the guy who came from money, who slacked his way thru college, and married a rich woman, can't keep track of how many houses he has, and defines rich as making 5 mill a year.

Only a repub could spin it this way.

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
OK, I made an exception to my laziness and found the story about Lynn Westmoreland. Good that he's from Georgia. The stink the left is making about this comment will probably gain him votes there.

So you would exempt Obama from the "uppity" label because of his "humble beginnings"? You must mean the black African supporter of the tyrannical dictator who, along with his low-esteem Kansas whore of a mother, conceived him. You certainly couldn't mean the wealthy Indonesian Muslim his mother jumped to next, who had Obama educated in a radical Muslim Indonesian madrasa, and from there, to a prestigious prep school in Hawaii.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't consider Obama any more "uppity" than most others of his kind--that kind being the extreme leftists who dominate Washington these days. If being "uppity" means having a horribly elitist outlook toward good normal Americans, toward Christians, toward anything resembling patriotism or love of country, toward individualism and self-reliance, etc., then that shoe absolutely fits Obama.

BTW, are you really saying that quote is direct--not some typo or other corruption of the original from you? Because it really is so much of a mess as to be incomprehensible.

mraynrand
09-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Uppity: Right, the guy who came from nothing to make something of himself is uppity....

Didn't Obama's self-made, wealthy racist banker Grandmother send him to a snooty prep school in Hawaii? Thought so.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Uppity: Right, the guy who came from nothing to make something of himself is uppity....

Didn't Obama's self-made, wealthy racist banker Grandmother send him to a snooty prep school in Hawaii? Thought so.

Did she do his homework. Did she pay for his college. Get a grip.

Only the repubs can spin this as elitism....this an american success story, regardless of party.

mraynrand
09-09-2008, 08:21 PM

Only the repubs can spin this as elitism....this an american success story, regardless of party.

Yes it's a success story, up to a point. But to say he came from nothing is untrue. A lot of other kids become successes without going to a prep school (and without anyone doing their homework).

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I thought it was the wealthy radical Muslim Indonesian role model who sent him to the Hawaiian prep school. Maybe Grandma was concerned about the Muslim values they were instilling to him in Indonesia.

As for who did his homework, wasn't there some sort of Biden-esque plagiarism scandal in Obama's background too? Maybe I need to go Google THAT.

retailguy
09-09-2008, 08:29 PM

Success story? Sure. Presidential material? Hell no.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Unfortunately for you...basically half the country disagrees.

mraynrand
09-09-2008, 08:37 PM

Closer to about 6% or 18 million. the other 18 million in the primary voted for Hillary.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 08:40 PM

Yes it's a success story, up to a point. But to say he came from nothing is untrue. A lot of other kids become successes without going to a prep school (and without anyone doing their homework).

Right. Lots of kids grow up without their father..and spend substantial time without their mother. Lots of them go to an ivy league college, lots of them attend harvard and became editor. :oops:

retailguy
09-09-2008, 08:53 PM

Unfortunately for you, there was no voting booth next to the greek columns... The election is in November. Long time yet....

mraynrand
09-09-2008, 09:05 PM

Right. Lots of kids grow up without their father..and spend substantial time without their mother. Lots of them go to an ivy league college, lots of them attend harvard and became editor. :oops:

Oops is right. A lot of boys do grow up without their father, thanks to LBJs Great Society. Many of them become great successes, and it didn't require them going to law school and becoming editor of the law review. Some speak eloquently without a teleprompter as well.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Thus, the debates ought to be really interesting--maybe the last nail in the coffin for Obama.

MadtownPacker
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
He is an uppity Negro and alot of real Black folks I know dont think very highly of him.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I've observed that too. The question is, will they end up voting for the guy anyway? Probably yes.

What about the Hispanics you know, MadTown? The ones I know here--including some in-laws--wouldn't vote for a black guy, uppity or otherwise. The Dems have hopes to win New Mexico, maybe even Nevada or Colorado? A big Yeah Right to that!

bobblehead
09-10-2008, 04:55 PM
He is an uppity Negro and alot of real Black folks I know dont think very highly of him.

But that is countered by the fake black folks I know who are voting for him.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2008, 05:07 PM

But that is countered by the fake black folks I know who are voting for him.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/03/16/PH2007031602174.jpg