PDA

View Full Version : Who starts 0 and 2

pack4to84
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Colts play at Vikings. Both teams didn't start the way they thought they would.

Lurker64
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm going to have to say the Colts win this one, they'll be playing on a fast track and the Vikings have one of the worst starting OT tandems in the league right now, so the track stars the Colts have at DE will be getting in Jackson's face a lot. The Vikes will probably be able to run the ball, but they're going to need to be able to throw it in order to win.

Though, I'm basing this on the Vikings not being able to keep the Colts offense off balance as well as the Bears did. I believe this is the case since having tape on both the Vikings and their protection problems against the Bears, as well as having a week to help tune Peyton up (he missed the whole preseason), will help the Colts improve quite a bit on their week 1 performance.

Still, should be an entertaining game to watch.

pack4to84
09-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Colts play Jacksonville the following week. Where Vikings play the Panthers the following week. One of these teams could start 0-3 if they lose this week.

sheepshead
09-09-2008, 05:42 PM
looking ahead is always dangerous, but this is really compelling!

boiga
09-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Well in week 1, the Colts showed themselves to be vulnerable to the run and hapless if their running attack flounders. Those are aren't the weaknesses I'd want going up against the Vikings.

Sure Peyton might be back to form and pull one out of his ass, but the matchup should favor the Vikes.

]{ilr]3
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I think we are a good team and the Vikings nearly beat us in our own house. The Colts are a mess without Saturday at center and Manning is a dull knife coming off surgery. I think they are going to pound Manning into the turf next week and win the game big. If the bears can run on the Colts AP is going to tear them up.

The bears will lose next week to the Panthers as well.

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I was gonna say neither--then I realized they play each other.

These are two very good teams--seriously. I think the home team wins. Now let me go check which one that is.

Badgerinmaine
09-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I was gonna say neither--then I realized they play each other.

These are two very good teams--seriously. I think the home team wins. Now let me go check which one that is.
Home game for the Vikings--12 noon Central time start.

VegasPackFan
09-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I say Colts on this one. You just cant understimate a good veteran team like the Colts. Plus, it is never easy to win against a good team after a MNF game.

I'm just not a believer in Minny this year. jackson is just not good enough to lead this team anywhere, and if Allen doesnt show again, it is going to get ugly for them.

Bossman641
09-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Well in week 1, the Colts showed themselves to be vulnerable to the run and hapless if their running attack flounders. Those are aren't the weaknesses I'd want going up against the Vikings.

Sure Peyton might be back to form and pull one out of his ass, but the matchup should favor the Vikes.

Yep. The Bears (surprisingly) ran it down the Colts' throats. I expect AP to have a big day Sunday.

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 09:23 PM
An interesting thought...should the Colts struggle, do they sit Manning a couple games to rehab the knee more?

The Leaper
09-10-2008, 09:02 AM
There are some great matchups in week #2...MIN/IND, CHI/CAR, PHI/DAL, SD/DEN.

I think the Vikings fall to 0-2. They are far too one-dimensional on offense. The strength of their defense is stopping the run...but the Colts can inflict plenty of damage through the air.

The Vikings don't match up well with an offense like Indy...just like they didn't match up well with Green Bay's offense last year led by an experienced QB with tons of weapons.

Chicago matches up well against a team like that...as we saw last year when they played us and again against the Colts. Their defense is better at creating pressure and disrupting an offense. The Vikings don't have that.

boiga
09-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I disagree, The Leaper, in that I don't think the Colts offensive line will be able to handle the Williamses and Allen. If their backup guards were manhandled by the chicago D-line, Pat Williams will just barrel on through like a bowling ball scoring a strike.

So, it's unlikely that Peyton will be afforded the amount of time that Rodgers had in the pocket this week. With his bum knee, he won't be as mobile either and will have trouble after the pocket collapses.

Also, if the Rookie Forte can run straight through the Colts D, what will Peterson do?

I think the Vikes match up well here unless the Colts make some major adjustments to their lines.

The Leaper
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I disagree, The Leaper, in that I don't think the Colts offensive line will be able to handle the Williamses and Allen. If their backup guards were manhandled by the chicago D-line, Pat Williams will just barrel on through like a bowling ball scoring a strike.

I think Tommie Harris is better than either Williams.

The Bears also got pressure because they were bringing 6 man blitzes pretty regularly. The Bears LBs are far better at blitzing than the Viking LBs.

Our OL is not great...and they handled the Vikings.

I will admit that AP should have success against the Colt defense, but will the Vikings use him enough to win? They seem to love the platoon, even though it hurts them.

mngolf19
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I really don't know which way to go on this one. Indy really has some issues right now but they could very easily have them fixed by game 2. I also know the Vikes are steaming over the loss and are looking to take it out on someone. I just wouldn't want to bet on this game either way.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
A lot of good points there. I, too, think Tommie Harris is better than either Williams. However, both Williamses together are a force. I think Indy will play better than against the Bears. However, I don't think they will run on the Vikings. Peterson, on the other hand, should do much better than he did against the Packers bend-don't-break defense. The only really significant gain Peterson had against the Packers was on a blitz play. Well, Indy likes to blitz.

On top of all that, I came out of that Viking game having more respect for Tavaris Jackson than I had before--I had none before, so a little bit is more than none. Seriously, I think throws a better long pass than short one, and if they ram Peterson down Indy's throat then call play action, they just might get a big gain or two.

As I said earlier, the home team wins--Vikings in a close one--higher scoring than a lot of people think.

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, Indy likes to blitz.

Well, not really. They play the same cover-2 scheme that the Vikings play. Dungy came to Indianapolis from Tampa Bay--where he brought the cover-2. Tomlin came to Minnesota from Tampa Bay--where he brought the cover-2 that the Vikings currently employ. Sure, they'll blitz Sanders at times (because he's good at time), but I wouldn't say the like to blitz. They have a bend but don't break scheme that relies on their front four (Freeney, Mathis) to get to the QB--just like Green Bay.

swede
09-10-2008, 04:40 PM

Exactly.

From what I saw the Bears aren't that good and they ran all over the Colts.

Vikes are tough, and AP will have 200 yards against the Colts.

BooHoo
09-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Vikings. I am not impressed with their QB.

MadtownPacker
09-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Vikings. I am not impressed with their QB.Damn, if you are still picking the vikings to win you must really think Manning is crap. :lol:

I can see the vikings winning this one. Colts are fading fast.

Brainerd
09-11-2008, 06:00 AM
I hope its the Lions.