PDA

View Full Version : Article - From the Stands

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 06:37 PM
By Chris Young

I'd like to start by making one thing clear. I'm not a coach, scout nor an NFL executive. I'm a fan...

Check it out... (http://packerrats.com)

mission
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Good info, you could tell he was fired up after the win ... read kinda like a thread post I guess but content is content.

One question tho: who's Chris Young?

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Is it the 6'10" pitcher, or the hard-hitting outfielder?

Freak Out
09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm jealous...fun read Chris.

gbpackfan
09-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Good info, you could tell he was fired up after the win ... read kinda like a thread post I guess but content is content.

Me. And yes, it does read like a thread post. Because I have little patience and typing in true paragraph form is not my style. I'm not a writer and have never claimed to be. I'm not getting on you, quite the opposite. I'm just letting you know where I am coming from. If it sucked, it sucked. No hard feelings.

boiga
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Naah, thanks Chris for the perspective. It's great reading about the view from inside the stadium. Sitting at home or in a bar somewhere, it's hard to get a feel for the pulse of the Packer fan base. So accounts like youds add a lot of flavor to our understanding of what's going on out there on the field.

When you go back for another game, you'll have to give us a travelogue of that one as well. Keep up the good work.

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
If we're going to be using names or fake names for articles now, can we have the poster's posting ID in the article post after the post has been made in the posting area?

Unless that person is afraid to identify themselves it helps to know what perspective these are coming from.

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Some nice points in the article by the way.

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 07:28 PM
What the hell is the point of using pen names if we just come in here and use usernames? Actually, I'm just leaving it up to the author...

The Shadow
09-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Good stuff.
Thanks for giving us the inside look many of has never have.
Well done.

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
What the hell is the point of using pen names if we just come in here and use usernames? Actually, I'm just leaving it up to the author...

I was assuming they were using pen names instead of real names and so that our front page doesn't push articles written by sometimes questionable user names.

And I said it would be nice unless the author wants to remain anonymous. Saves us the trouble of having several posts for each article asking who wrote it. If you just put aka: gbpackfan or aka: anonymous in the post here, it would be simpler I would think.

Shit. Why you always got to be trying to stand on my balls?

mission
09-09-2008, 07:43 PM

Me. And yes, it does read like a thread post. Because I have little patience and typing in true paragraph form is not my style. I'm not a writer and have never claimed to be. I'm not getting on you, quite the opposite. I'm just letting you know where I am coming from. If it sucked, it sucked. No hard feelings.

no it didnt suck. i rarely read the content on the site (only because i have this particular forum on my bookmark toolbar) and went all the way through it. appreciate the perspective and let's be honest, im not even close to a good writer. :lol:

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I haven't stood on your balls for weeks. If I had, they wouldn't have all that stubble on them...geez, trim up will ya?

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I haven't stood on your balls for weeks. If I had, they wouldn't have all that stubble on them...geez, trim up will ya?

I don't trim, I shave.

MJZiggy
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Then I'd say they're due. Either that or you need a new blade...

retailguy
09-09-2008, 08:34 PM

I don't trim, I shave.

Whatever you say Lorena.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2008, 09:24 PM

You just continue to show your lack of knowledge....hard hitting OF. LOL

244 average with 19 hr. Yep that is hard hitting...or more like hardly hitting.

mission
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM

Dude, you can bat .000 and still hit the ball HARD. Right at the shortstop.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2008, 09:28 PM

No doubt. Dude hit over 30 HRs last year. Bigguns will argue over anything.

Zool
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM

No doubt. Dude hit over 30 HRs last year. Bigguns will argue over anything.

Seriously Ty, STFU with attempting to be the police of even the slightest (perceived) stretch. This is a thread about an article posted. Talk about the article or the writer.

retailguy
09-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Bigguns will argue over anything.

It is all he knows how to do. My 12 year old does the same thing. She is about as successful at arguing as he is.... loses all the time.

One thing about Ty, he can NEVER admit wrong. It is impossible for him. Argue till the death, then when he's backed into the corner, he slinks away....

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2008, 09:58 PM
I enjoyed this. Like mission, I don't normally read the home pages articles. I have the forum bookmarked and most of the takes I can get from reading the poster's comments in the forum. However, this was a good read.

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 10:05 PM

I don't trim, I shave.

Whatever you say Lorena.

Just put yourself in the other person's shoes for a second. Do you want to be licking nice, smooth, beautiful balls or stubbly, trimmed balls that make your tongue itch? Seriously, try to think about someone other than yourself every now and again. If you weren't so afraid of the little gay man with a white beard like a gnome inside you, this wouldn't even be an issue.

retailguy
09-09-2008, 10:09 PM

I don't trim, I shave.

Whatever you say Lorena.

Just put yourself in the other person's shoes for a second. Do you want to be licking nice, smooth, beautiful balls or stubbly, trimmed balls that make your tongue itch? Seriously, try to think about someone other than yourself every now and again. If you weren't so afraid of the little gay man with a white beard like a gnome inside you, this wouldn't even be an issue.

:D Be careful with the razor blade Lorena. You could hurt something.... :shock: :D

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 10:13 PM
:D Be careful with the razor blade Lorena. You could hurt something.... :shock: :D

Come on, your chin (I hope) has more angles than your balls. Have a little confidence in yourself for fuck's sake. You probably expect your better half to keep her (or him) self well groomed. Man up and return the favor.

retailguy
09-09-2008, 10:21 PM

Come on, your chin (I hope) has more angles than your balls. Have a little confidence in yourself for fuck's sake. You probably expect your better half to keep her (or him) self well groomed. Man up and return the favor.

You will note that I didn't say one word about me. You interpreted, and you might be wrong.... way wrong. I was chiding you about not paying attention and hurting yourself.... think little man, think. YOU can do it!

retailguy
09-09-2008, 10:30 PM
BTW - good article. thanks for sharing!

SkinBasket
09-09-2008, 10:37 PM

You will note that I didn't say one word about me. You interpreted, and you might be wrong.... way wrong. I was chiding you about not paying attention and hurting yourself.... think little man, think. YOU can do it!

And you will note I didn't say one word about being worried about myself. It takes more than a Gillette to take off nine girthy, veiny inches of heaven, if that's your concern. I assumed, and I might be right... way right, that you were projecting your own concerns about certain inadequacies on me to avoid addressing them yourself. If it's your first time, use some cream and wrap your nub with some athletic tape. I daresay you might even like it.

mission
09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Im a trimmer all the way. The razor is terrifying!!!

Skin, you have... um... more balls than me.

Freak Out
09-10-2008, 12:08 AM
You see what happens dude..? You tell us about your night at the game and some people start talking about shaving mansack. :lol: Would it be safe to say only at PackerRats? Probably not.

Tarlam!
09-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Loved the article. I am so glad that I experienced Lambeau at the PackerRats Gathering in 07. I could relate to a lot of your observations.

Mission, forget the razor. In Europe, we use hair removing cream. I don't. I am a Macho!

GBRulz
09-10-2008, 07:45 AM

That's what make the home page articles great. So many of them are over edited where the author's sense of "style" is lost. For example...Mad's article from the SF game... I mean, it's like it was written by a smart white person or something :lol:

Good read, gb. I was at the game myself and had a great time! I didn't get a calendar though...only a towel, in which was used to wipe off beer that got spilled on me!! It was probably the ShopKo calendars, in which you can pick up for free at any area ShopKo though.

gbpackfan
09-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. And GBRulz, they were the shopko calenders that are passed out every year. But hey, a Packers' calender of any kind is always welcome in my home!

MJZiggy
09-10-2008, 06:07 PM
For example...Mad's article from the SF game... I mean, it's like it was written by a smart white person or something :lol:

Uhhhh....I hardly changed anything in that article. Are you calling Mad a smart white person? And some of the articles there are actually written by smart white people... :tup:

BallHawk
09-10-2008, 07:00 PM
We're talking about a team from Wisconsin. I think the odds are the article will be written by a white person. Now, a smart white person? That is up to interpretation.....

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2008, 07:28 PM

It is all he knows how to do. My 12 year old does the same thing. She is about as successful at arguing as he is.... loses all the time.

One thing about Ty, he can NEVER admit wrong. It is impossible for him. Argue till the death, then when he's backed into the corner, he slinks away....

What value does this bring? Is it about the article? Didnt' Zool admonish me?

As a mod we expect more.

retailguy
09-10-2008, 07:52 PM

I expect more.

I fixed it, and I also looked for a "temper tantrum" emoticon but couldn't find one.... so the effort will have to do. I'm sure most can "imagine" you throwing a tantrum because that's your normal behavior.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2008, 08:06 PM

I expect more.

I fixed it, and I also looked for a "temper tantrum" emoticon but couldn't find one.... so the effort will have to do. I'm sure most can "imagine" you throwing a tantrum because that's your normal behavior.

Temper tantrum. LOL You must be projecting again.

I find your constant attention to me quite flattering.

You just find new ways everyday to prove you are a douche.

gbpackfan
09-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I be trying to finger out if u guyz r calling me stoopid. I tink I smartt.

Zool
09-10-2008, 09:49 PM

Its all good scrote. Lots of tards live kick ass lives. I had a girlfriend who was tarded. She's a pilot now.

mission
09-11-2008, 02:55 PM

Its all good scrote. Lots of tards live kick ass lives. I had a girlfriend who was tarded. She's a pilot now.

srsly lulz :lol:

gbpackfan
09-11-2008, 04:24 PM

BWWAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :D :D :D

Scott Campbell
09-11-2008, 11:44 PM

Nice work Chris! Can I call you Chris?

Scott Campbell
09-11-2008, 11:47 PM

What value does this bring?

Well I liked it. That's some fine Moderator work RG - keep it up.

Scott Campbell
09-11-2008, 11:49 PM
You just find new ways everyday to prove you are a douche.

Have you ever gone back and read your posts Ty?