PDA

View Full Version : Assume Power Ranking = Strongest Team -- Pick Yours

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Strongest team Right Now:

Top Five, Top Ten. Rank 'Em All, whatever.

Recent injuries, along with several teams showing up better than expected and overall parity, make this more difficult than it's been for years IMO.

My Rankings are:

1. Dallas

2. Pittsburgh

3. Green Bay

4. Indianapolis

5. New England

6. Philadelphia

7. Minnesota

8. Denver

9. San Diego

10.Chicago

11.Jacksonville

12.Tennessee

13.NY Giants

14.Tampa

15.Washington

The bottom line consideration is: would you pick a team to beat everybody below them?

The Leaper
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
My top 5:

1. Dallas
2. Pittsburgh
3. Green Bay
4. Philadelphia
5. New England

The NFL would LOVE to have Dallas, Pittsburgh and Green Bay stay strong. Those are all monster fan bases.

Pugger
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
1. Dallas :P
2. Gmen
3. NE
4. GB
5. Philly
6. Pitt
7. Denver
8. bares :P
9. Indy
10. NO

I wouldn't put Indy so high, they looked pretty awful against the bares.

Partial
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
No way is NE top 5 without Bdiddy. Maybe top 10.

Dallas is 1
Pittsburg is 2
Philly is 3
NY is 4
SD is 5

or something to that effect

bobblehead
09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I still believe in SD, but I really like the way we looked monday...that was a tough venue for a big game and we came through huge.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2008, 03:07 PM
I anticipated that I would get static from Favre fans claiming the Jets should be top 10 or 15. When the guy put "Gmen" as #2, it took me a minute to even figure out who the "Gmen" were. Number two meaning second best team? No Way.

Mark my words, New England is STILL a damn good team. Cassel is in a situation a lot like Aaron Rodgers--SET UP FOR SUCCESS--with all the talent around him, excellent coaching, etc.

Also, Indianapolis is NOT near as bad as they looked against the Bears, and as Peyton shakes off the rust, they will be MUCH better.

The question is, are the Bears that good, and they just might be.

Some people take joy from criticizing our division rivals. Well, other than Detroit, we're in a really tough division, and denying that just demeans the Packers.

mission
09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I anticipated that I would get static from Favre fans claiming the Jets should be top 10 or 15. When the guy put "Gmen" as #2, it took me a minute to even figure out who the "Gmen" were. Number two meaning second best team? No Way.

Mark my words, New England is STILL a damn good team. Cassel is in a situation a lot like Aaron Rodgers--SET UP FOR SUCCESS--with all the talent around him, excellent coaching, etc.

Also, Indianapolis is NOT near as bad as they looked against the Bears, and as Peyton shakes off the rust, they will be MUCH better.

The question is, are the Bears that good, and they just might be.

Some people take joy from criticizing our division rivals. Well, other than Detroit, we're in a really tough division, and denying that just demeans the Packers.

I strangely agree with every point you made. :glug:

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
1. GB Packers
2. NY Jets

The Leaper
09-11-2008, 08:23 AM
1. GB Packers
2. NY Jets

I'm hoping for that at year end...Super Bowl title and additional first round pick.

3irty1
09-11-2008, 08:50 AM
1. Steelers
2. Chargers
3. Cowboys
4. Colts
5. Eagles
6. Packers
7. Jags
8. Saints
9. Giants
10. Panthers

Guiness
09-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm no good at ranking - I just have feelings or thoughts on certain teams, but to put them in a certain order is just too difficult.

Lots of respect for Pitt here - I'm surprised, I don't see them as being THAT good.

I still think NE is a good team, and still in the top 5. Cassel will be ok, and I think we're about to find out how good Addai is. I also think Moss is going to fall from grace. He's going to be asked to block for Addai, and not get the balls he wants, and end up in the dog house...but I think the team overall will still be good.

I don't think the Bears are near as good as they looked this w/e. On the other side of that fence, Colts are heading for a down year. Manning will keep them top 10, but that's all.

Jax lost two starting OL. Who knows how much that will affect them. Tenn is a wild card as well. D could be very good, and K. Collins might have a bit of a renaissance there. NO - can Bush pick up the slack for the huge loss of Colston?

I guess Dallas belongs on top, because they're the only one of the top tier teams without a question mark. We've got a green QB (one start, no matter how good, doesn't erase that) NE (obvious), Indi (dismal performance). Giants (DL and secondary Q's). Pitt, and maybe SD, might be the only other teams that you don't look at and wonder what you've got there.