PDA

View Full Version : Colts at Vikings: predict the score

hoosier
09-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Vikings face Colts this Sunday in the Humpty Dome with each team coming off a disappointing loss. It's an interesting comparison of strengths and weaknesses. The middle of the Colt's offensive line is in disarray and faces the strength of the Viking's defense in the Williamses. The Colts defense did a lousy job against the run facing a Bears team that (like the Vikings) doesn't scare anyone throwing the ball. The Vikings generated very little pressure against Rodgers, and are now facing probably the best QB left standing this year. And they may be down to their 3rd string LT facing Dwight Freeney.

Indy 27 Minnesota 20 with at least 6 turnovers.

mngolf19
09-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Vikings face Colts this Sunday in the Humpty Dome with each team coming off a disappointing loss. It's an interesting comparison of strengths and weaknesses. The middle of the Colt's offensive line is in disarray and faces the strength of the Viking's defense in the Williamses. The Colts defense did a lousy job against the run facing a Bears team that (like the Vikings) doesn't scare anyone throwing the ball. The Vikings generated very little pressure against Rodgers, and are now facing probably the best QB left standing this year. And they may be down to their 3rd string LT facing Dwight Freeney.

Indy 27 Minnesota 20 with at least 6 turnovers.

If the only turnover the Vikes had against GB was that late throw, then I don't see many against the Colts.

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
If the only turnover the Vikes had against GB was that late throw, then I don't see many against the Colts.

Every game is different. Freeney might not be offsides when he strips Jackson. Brackett might catch the interception--unlike Poppinga. Six does seem high though. You never know.

hoosier
09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
For the record I meant to say six turnovers total, not by one team. I'm predicting that the injuries suffered by both OLs will lead to pressure and thus picks and fumbles.

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Looks like the Colts might be ready to implode.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2008-09-10-johnson-arrested_N.htm?csp=34

hoosier
09-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Looks like the Colts might be ready to implode.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2008-09-10-johnson-arrested_N.htm?csp=34

This may be Daniel Muir's chance to shine. Or get engulfed.

run pMc
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Eh, I dunno...MIN only called like 7 pass plays in the 1st half vs. GB...with an undersized and thinning Indy DLine (thanks to whats-his-face's arrest), how many passes do you think MIN will call at home? I expect a collision or two involving Bob Sanders and A.Peterson that makes the SportsCenter highlights.

On the other side, I think Peyton Manning will play better this week...he got that first post-surgery game out of his system, and he's too competitive to let any rust linger. The Bears' D is just as good if not better than MIN's.

Is Addai going to play? If he's out, I'd give MIN a slight edge since they're at home; otherwise it's tough to imagine Indy going 0-2.

Either way, it should be a close game.

packers11
09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Payton is going to light up the overrated defense...

The projected top 5 defense going into the season is going to be on the bottom 5 at the end of this game...

THANK YOU ESPN for hyping them up another off-season :roll:

mngolf19
09-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Payton is going to light up the overrated defense...

The projected top 5 defense going into the season is going to be on the bottom 5 at the end of this game...

THANK YOU ESPN for hyping them up another off-season :roll:

At least you got the emoticon right. :roll:

The Gunshooter
09-11-2008, 02:27 PM
MN 27-IN 17

mmmdk
09-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Vikings 27 Colts 23

packers11
09-11-2008, 11:00 PM
41 Colts
20 Vikings

SnakeLH2006
09-12-2008, 01:43 AM
I listen to ESPN radio a bit, and someone on there made the point that Peyton and the Colts are on the decline and I agree. Peyton will still put up deece numbers but that team is old and M. Harrison is a bitch lately and 36. They will put up early 2000-2003 Packer numbers with deece Peyton stats and 9-11 wins a year, but never in contention again. My guess is they beat Tavaris (what I have to have more than 11 yards in the first half passing to win??) Jackson 27-21.

oregonpackfan
09-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Colts 31

Vikings 24

Step two in the Packers winning the 2008 NFC-North.

HarveyWallbangers
09-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I have a strange feeling that Minnesota wins this--even though the Colts are a better team. Several reasons:

1) The Colts have more significant injuries.
2) Peyton Manning is rusty.
3) The Vikings don't match up well with the Packers. The Colts seem like a better matchup for the Vikings.
4) Vikings are at home.

boiga
09-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Part of the Colts problem is that they have 10 players taking up 63% (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080902/SPORTS03/809020325/1058/SPORTS03) of their cap space. This means that they can't afford to pay many veterans and rely heavily on rookies. This kills their special teams performance and their depth at a number of positions.

So, they're using a lot of rookies in both the O and D-lines, which (surprise surprise) makes them susceptible to pass rush and weak against the run. Add in the fact that they just fired their starting DT for a pot arrest, and you get a team that Peterson will knock on its ass.

The Colts are going to find out that over reliance on a few excessively paid stars doesn't cut it in an age of salary cap parity.

Cheesehead Craig
09-12-2008, 02:07 PM
If the Vikes lose, you know that the fans are just going to blame the officiating like they did after the Packer game.

Dabaddestbear
09-12-2008, 03:29 PM
The Vikings suspect secondary will get toasted by Manning if he gets time. But ye may always have faith in Peterson. But of course since everyone on National TV knows that the Jackson cannot throw an accurate ball even without pressure they are doomed.

Colts 36
Vikings 10

Lurker64
09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Colts: 41
Vikings: 38

MadScientist
09-12-2008, 04:08 PM
I think it comes down to who corrects the screw-ups from week one better. That come down to coaching, so I'd give Indy the advantage.
Colts 24 - Minn 17

hoosier
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
The Vikings suspect secondary will get toasted by Manning if he gets time. But ye may always have faith in Peterson. But of course since everyone on National TV knows that the Jackson cannot throw an accurate ball even without pressure they are doomed.

Colts 36
Vikings 10

Remember that this is a Bears fan speaking. Peterson doesn't go off on every team like he does the Bears.
http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/adrian-peterson-vikings-bears.jpg

MJZiggy
09-12-2008, 07:09 PM
AP's gotta make up for all the yards he missed out on last week...

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2008, 04:19 AM

Colts 36
Vikings 10

Remember that this is a Bears fan speaking. Peterson doesn't go off on every team like he does the Bears.
http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/adrian-peterson-vikings-bears.jpg
Yeah, well he did against the Packers...the only problem was, they (the Vikings) dont have a QB that can throw a 5 yard slant to save his life. And that Defense that Peterson saw last year is not the same as what the Bears have on the field this year--- They are Healthy and have all their starters back!

mngolf19
09-13-2008, 08:28 PM
If the Vikes lose, you know that the fans are just going to blame the officiating like they did after the Packer game.

Eh, this Vikes fan never blamed the officials. I blamed a good effort by the Pack. So try again.

esoxx
09-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Colts have disarray on the OL due to injuries, Manning the robot is dealing with his own knee injury and out of his grove.
The Vikings D-Line at the Dome will be disruptive and tee off.

Minn - 24
Indy - 20

Iron Mike
09-14-2008, 08:26 AM

You know why there are 10,000 lakes in Minnesota, right? :wink: