PDA

View Full Version : TEN TEXTS WITH ATARI BIGBY

packers11
09-10-2008, 02:36 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/10/ten-texts-with-atari-bigby/

TEN TEXTS WITH ATARI BIGBY

Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2008, 2:47 p.m. EDT
[Editor’s note: Packers safety Atari Bigby will be talking to us via text every week. Here’s the transcript of the first conversation, which occurred a day after Bigby clinched the Week One win by intercepting a pass late in the game.]

Q: Let’s get this out of the way right off the bat. Why didn’t you hit the deck when you made the interception?

A: I kept telling myself ’go down go down’ but my legs just kept going.

Q: What were you thinking when you saw the ball heading your way?

A: This is my opportunity to end the game and be the hero.

Q: Did you expect Aaron Rodgers to play as well as he did?

A: Everyone did. He has been around. He’s not a rookie. He has great ability and is seasoned so there is no reason to expecting anything less of him.

Q: Did you spend a lot of time inside the box against the Vikings and Adrian Peterson?

A: Seems like the whole game it was either me or Nick Collins. Since he is so much of a cutback runner, you are almost forced to bring a safety down in the box on every play.

Q: Were you surprised they threw only seven passes in the first half?

A: No, not really. With the talent they have in the backfield and the QB being banged up running gave them their best chance to win,

Q: Do you think there’s bad blood between the teams?

A: I wouldn’t say bad blood but very competitive. They have a bull’s-eye on us and they are the favorite to win the division.

Q: Are they the favorite or are the Packers?

A: They are the favorites coming in.

Q: Who are the favorites after Monday night?

A: I really don’t know who the critics are going to pick.

Q: Bears?

A: They really performed well so they made a case for themselves.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM

Must have a real high IQ

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2008, 02:42 PM

sounds a lot like "the devil made me do it."

Noodle
09-10-2008, 02:47 PM
C'mon, the guy was juiced, he was the hero, I say cut him a little slack.

If you don't know about the ol' "my mind says one thing, but my body wants to do another" thing, then you've never been a competitive athlete.

Or you have no gonads.

I think his answers indicate he's a pretty thoughtful dude. No bulletin-board material at all, and kind of funny to boot.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 02:49 PM
C'mon, the guy was juiced, he was the hero, I say cut him a little slack.

If you don't know about the ol' "my mind says one thing, but my body wants to do another" thing, then you've never been a competitive athlete.

Or you have no gonads.

I think his answers indicate he's a pretty thoughtful dude. No bulletin-board material at all, and kind of funny to boot.

Eh, I dunno about that... Westbrook hit the deck last season when he coulda rolled into the endzone just because he knew he could run out the clock preserving a win for the TEAM... I think Bigby wanted to score and didn't think about what he was doing while doing it

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2008, 02:52 PM
To be fair, maybe he wanted to get back at Sharper... for some reason. If he gets into that situation again, he better take a knee.

Lurker64
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Must have a real high IQ

Well, he is a devout Rastafarian...

pbmax
09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Usually those effects wear of after a few hours, don't they? :lol:

Must have a real high IQ

Well, he is a devout Rastafarian...

cpk1994
09-10-2008, 03:23 PM
To be fair, maybe he wanted to get back at Sharper... for some reason. If he gets into that situation again, he better take a knee.So he does the same dumb thing that Sharper does. I would think there would better ways to get back at Sharper. :)

mraynrand
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM

Must have a real high IQ

Shut the hell up!

boiga
09-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Bigby's a goof, but he's turned into a hell of a player for us. In his interviews, he's generally thoughtful and well reasoned. On the field, he's a spazz, and sometimes that's a good thing.

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Eh, I dunno about that... Westbrook hit the deck last season when he coulda rolled into the endzone just because he knew he could run out the clock preserving a win for the TEAM... I think Bigby wanted to score and didn't think about what he was doing while doing it

Westbrook is what is known as a smart player. He is one of my favorites in the NFL.

Bigby knew what he was doing. The only reason not to get too down on him is that it is pretty common behavior in the NFL. In other words, kids today...

SkinBasket
09-10-2008, 03:33 PM

I keep telling people 'go down go down' but they won't listen either. I'm so confused.

MadtownPacker
09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Whoever is comparing Bigby to to sharper needs to get beat down. Bigby actually hits and puts fear into his opponents. sharper was just a ballhawking INT whore. He made the monster known as T.O. Bigby would have made owens his bitch.

bobblehead
09-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Whoever is comparing Bigby to to sharper needs to get beat down. Bigby actually hits and puts fear into his opponents. sharper was just a ballhawking INT whore. He made the monster known as T.O. Bigby would have made owens his bitch.

I talked to jeff garcia...apparently TO IS the bitch in the relationship.

Guiness
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM

I keep telling people 'go down go down' but they won't listen either. I'm so confused.
Ya, I saw that one coming...

Rastak
09-10-2008, 07:55 PM
To be fair, maybe he wanted to get back at Sharper... for some reason. If he gets into that situation again, he better take a knee.

Get back at him? He wanted to emulate his hero!

:wink:

Lurker64
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM

Get back at him? He wanted to emulate his hero!

Well... Sharper did have some pretty good games at Lambeau... as a Packer.

Partial
09-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't get the artical title. I thought they meant Tennessee.