PDA

View Full Version : No handshake for McCarthy.

packers11
09-10-2008, 02:41 PM
pft.com

COLD SHOULDERS ON THE FROZEN TUNDRA?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2008, 8:07 a.m.
Though the football-watching world has “moved forward” from the whole Packers-Vikings pissing match, the principals haven’t forgotten, apparently.

There was no post-game handshake on Monday night between Vikings coach Brad Childress and Packers coach Mike McCarthy.

McCarthy came to midfield in search of Childress, but the pair never connected.

During the offseason, the Packers filed tampering charges against the Vikings, claiming that Childress and Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell had engaged in improper communications with former Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

The incident has gotten relatively little attention. If Pats coach Bill Belichick had pulled a stunt like that, there would have been calls for him to be hanged in effigy. (”Or right here in Boston,” coach Pantuso said.)

Maxie the Taxi
09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Sounds more like "no handshake from Childress."

LL2
09-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Childress is probably more bitter that M3 is 5-0 against him than the whole tampering charges stuff.

MadtownPacker
09-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Maybe Childish think he will start winning games if he starts being an asshole like belicheat.?

swede
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Sometimes I think the key to long-term success in the division is keeping around the Bear quarterbacks, Matt Millen, and Brad Childress.

mraynrand
09-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Sometimes I think the key to long-term success in the division is keeping around the Bear quarterbacks, Matt Millen, and Brad Childress.

Excellent point, except that Lovie did know how to beat Favre. Maybe that's another check in Rodger's favor - Lovie won't have him all figured out yet like he did, for the most part, with Favre.

swede
09-10-2008, 04:43 PM

Excellent point, except that Lovie did know how to beat Favre. Maybe that's another check in Rodger's favor - Lovie won't have him all figured out yet like he did, for the most part, with Favre.

Yeah, I didn't mention Lovie for that reason.

I'd have to say that I really respect him as a coach.

And I also think we'd be in a boatload of trouble if the Vikes got a decent coach and the Lions a decent GM.

Aww...crap!

Now Cleft Crusty is probably going to show up and defend Millen.

Sparkey
09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone recall, back prior to McCarthy being hired, people voicing their opinions that the Packers & TT should GO GET CHILDRESS NOW! Then Minnesota supposedly beat us to him, so all the TT bashers said.

Well, all those "experts" who were bashing TT regarding not getting Childress. (you know, the same people who think everything TT does is wrong) just STFU as you have no clue what your talking about! :o

THANK GOODNESS CHILDRESS ISN'T COACHING THE PACK!

mngolf19
09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Did you read the whole article? Childress called M3 the next day. He was busy talking to TJack after the last play. And both McCarthy and Childress said there were no hard feelings.

swede
09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Did you read the whole article? Childress called M3 the next day. He was busy talking to TJack after the last play. And both McCarthy and Childress said there were no hard feelings.

His mom made him call.

texaspackerbacker
09-12-2008, 12:38 PM
I just read that Childress said he had a good reason (undisclosed) for walking off without the handshake.

Read between the lines, people. He had to rush in to take a shit. Cut the guy some slack. Who among us hasn't been there.

]{ilr]3
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
I just read that Childress said he had a good reason (undisclosed) for walking off without the handshake.

Read between the lines, people. He had to rush in to take a shit. Cut the guy some slack. Who among us hasn't been there.

LOL, I got a Turtle Head pokin' out! :D

texaspackerbacker
09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
{ilr]3]

LOL, I got a Turtle Head pokin' out! :D

Down here we call it "prairie doggin' it". :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
09-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I think after next game McCarthy should kiss Childress on the lips, Mafia style. Serve him right.

SnakeLH2006
09-13-2008, 10:36 PM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/stefanhelton/SirYesSir.png