PDA

View Full Version : Can this election get any more disgusting?

digitaldean
09-10-2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/SC_Dem_chair_Palin_primary_qualification_is_she_ha snt_had_an_abortion_.html?showall

The SC Democratic party chairperson states that GOP VP nominee Palin's primary qualification is that she hasn't had an abortion.

Now I can understand some hyperbole in this, but for God's sake, give it a rest.

It's crap like this that helps make voter turnout so low.

mraynrand
09-10-2008, 03:21 PM
The answer to your question is, yes, and soon.

SkinBasket
09-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Fowler told my colleague Alex Burns in an interview that the selection of an opponent of abortion rights would not boost McCain among many women.

“Among Democratic women and even among independent women, I don’t think it helped him,” she said.

I'm finding this to be anecdotally untrue by a margin of 7-1. The seven being women who were either going to vote Obama or not at all. The one being crazy. Apparently McCain could have selected a female Jesus for his running mate and she wouldn't have been moved from voting for Obama. She also happens to be the oldest of the sample.

Others may be finding differently, but take it for what it's worth.

mraynrand
09-10-2008, 04:23 PM
My wife knows of ten women, 7 dems and 3 independents who are now enthusiastically voting for McCain.

And why not? Obama's own vice presidential candidate has admitted that Hillary would probably have made a better VP candidate. Why trust Obama's judgment when his own VP doesn't?

(Edit does to doesn't! ) :oops:

digitaldean
09-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Apparently McCain could have selected a female Jesus for his running mate and she wouldn't have been moved from voting for Obama. She also happens to be the oldest of the sample.

Others may be finding differently, but take it for what it's worth.

You may be close on the "Jesus" comment....
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/10/tennessee-rep-compares-obama-to-jesus-suggests-palin-is-pilate/

Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen riled Republicans Wednesday after he compared Barack Obama to Jesus Christ and suggested Sarah Palin is akin to Pontius Pilate.

The Tennessee Democrat, who supports Obama, was on the House floor giving a one-minute speech when he offered the comparisons.

“If you want change, you want the Democratic Party,” Cohen said. “Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus, who our minister prayed about. Pontius Pilate was a governor.”

SkinBasket
09-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Strange. I wonder where Ty's moral outrage he so exuberantly demonstrated yesterday over the term "uppity" went. Certainly it couldn't be tied to something as petty as politics.

If I didn't know better, I might think he has different standards for different people based on nothing more than which political party they belong to.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Strange. I wonder where Ty's moral outrage he so exuberantly demonstrated yesterday over the term "uppity" went. Certainly it couldn't be tied to something as petty as politics.

If I didn't know better, I might think he has different standards for different people based on nothing more than which political party they belong to.

No, ty is still doubled over in laughter at McCain being caught using the same term..and towards a woman.

The same mccain that made a cruel joke about a child. :oops:

mraynrand
09-10-2008, 06:17 PM
This thread is uppity.

SkinBasket
09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
No, ty is still doubled over in laughter at McCain being caught using the same term..and towards a woman.

Good to see you being conservative about when to use your false outrage.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2008, 08:01 PM

Good to see you being conservative about when to use your false outrage.

There is nothing to be outraged about in either case of the lipstick.

P.S. I'm never outraged. This is a message board. You dont' see me..as opposed to your brethren screaming about impending doom...proclaiming the same about Mccain.

We are talking about an election...like anything really will change. And, if Mccain is elected, he is worlds better than Bush...and realistically...the dems will still control the house and senate.

I'm more outraged about the price increase at Arbys from 5 for 5 to 5 for 6.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I would hardly call the whole situation "disgusting". The bottom line will be the result, and that is looking good and getting better all the time--based on the polls.

I would even give the libs one on Obama's description of "phony outrage" over the "lipstick on a pig" thing. I really doubt that Sarah Palin is so insecure that she is upset by it--and if it gains votes for McCain or costs Obama, I'm sure she's more than willing to "take one for the team".

As for Obama, I bet he just salivates at the thought of somebody on the good side letting slip some kind of a "macaca" remark. Believe me, the leftist mainstream media would take it and run to the goal line a thousand times over.

As I've said several times, the closer we get to the election, the less media bias for the leftist candidates is a factor. And when the people get the unfiltered comparison of what both sides have in mind for the country, the left begins to circle the drain. Add to that the fact that there are debates coming up, and Obama is nothing without a teleprompter, and things are looking extremely bright--only disgusting for the leftists. Hey, Digitaldean, that would be YOU, wouldn't it?