PDA

View Full Version : The Rodgers Bandwagon Is Closed

vince
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Funny stuff. Please don't take yourself too seriously on this...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/FakeMail-I-m-sorry-but-the-Aaron-Rodgers-bandw?urn=nfl,106407

FakeMail: I'm sorry, but the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon is closed

By MJD

FakeMail answers questions from readers around the world who don't exist, but are made up because this blog's editor wanted to answer the question anyway.

Dear MJD,

I'm a lifelong Packers fan, and I'm feeling a little confused this morning. See, I used to love Brett Favre. Heck, I still love Brett Favre, and I probably always will. So this offseason, when the Packers said they didn't want him back, I was mad. And I said some pretty mean things about Aaron Rodgers.

But then last night, he looked really good against the Vikings. He went 18-for-22, threw for one TD, ran for another, and also picked up 35 yards rushing. He was beautiful. Boomer Esiason talked about him on the radio in a very loving and passionate way. And watching Tarvaris Jackson made me realize just how much worse things could be.

So now, since he beat the stupid Vikings, I want to root for him, even though I was pretty mean to him before. Am I allowed to root for Aaron now, and pretend like all that other stuff never happened?

Sincerely,
Conflicted in Wisconsin

-------------------------------------------

Dear Conflicted,

No. No, absolutely not. I mean, I guess you could, as it's still a free country, but sometimes, all that means is that people are free to act like wieners. And to root for Rodgers now, when he really could have used your support a couple of months ago, would absolutely make you a wiener.

If you were one of the Favre-loving, Rodgers-hating fans through the whole summer ordeal, I'm sorry, but the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon is closed to you. If you were one of those people, and last night, you said, even jokingly, "Maybe this Aaron Rodgers guy isn't so bad!", then you should be beaten.

Someone should hold an ether-soaked rag over your mouth, take the sock off of your left foot, fill it with commemorative Brett Favre coins, and beat you with it. It's that much of a violation.

So how do you earn your Rodgers-rooting privileges? Three ways come to mind:

1) Send Aaron Rodgers a hand-written letter, detailing your reprehensible past behavior, apologizing for it, and pledging your future loyalty;

2) Take out an ad in the newspaper--a classified ad will do, no need to get too splashy--acknowledging that you acted like a wiener and stating your intentions to purchase an Aaron Rodgers jersey as soon as you can; or

3) Once a week for the rest of the season, you take a drive on Brett Favre Pass, and you give that road sign the middle finger. Do it discreetly, though, so no children see or you get arrested.

Now, if you still don't believe in Aaron Rodgers, that's fine. If you don't care that he beat the favored Vikings, and if you believe this was a one-week fluke and that he's a talentless hack, feel free. You can cling to your irrational hatred of anything new. Eventually, you may change your mind.

But if you're already of the mind to embrace Aaron Rodgers, and you're one of the people responsible for making his life miserable this summer, then you have to make amends before you can join the Aaron Rodgers fan club. For what Rogers had to put up with this offseason, it's only fair.

BallHawk
09-10-2008, 06:58 PM
That was a worthwhile read. Thanks, Vince.

PackerTimer
09-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Wow. I'm glad I supported AROD all summer.

It's one thing for people to want Brett Favre, but for the idiots who booed him at practice and during the scrimmage, I think this article lays out a good plan for those people to regain a shred of dignity.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Forum strangely missing Woodbuck and Merlin. Coincidence? :roll:

PackerTimer
09-10-2008, 07:38 PM

Is that really a shock?. They spent all off-season last year predicting doom and gloom while proclaiming TT the anti-christ and then disappeared during the season. Same tune this summer.

Scott Campbell
09-10-2008, 07:39 PM
You can cling to your irrational hatred of anything new. Eventually, you may change your mind.

:lol:

It's funny cause it's true.

Joemailman
09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I've supported Arod , but I did buy a Favre Packer jersey this year. I can't really afford to buy an Arod jersey right now. Am I allowed on the bandwagon?

PackerTimer
09-10-2008, 07:44 PM
I think you can get on the bandwagon even if you wanted Favre over Rodgers. You're fine as long as you didn't act like a fool, i.e., PackerBlue or Tank.

mmmdk
09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
My Cal dvds with Rodgers tells my story! Been a hopeful fan since day one. :pack:

falco
09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
now that rodgers showed he is better than brett favre, i want to find that 6 year old kid that cussed at him, and kick that little brats ass

The Gunshooter
09-10-2008, 11:25 PM
now that rodgers showed he is better than brett favre, i want to find that 6 year old kid that cussed at him, and kick that little brats ass

You should kick him in the balls.

mission
09-10-2008, 11:39 PM
I honestly feel I've fought enough to be considered for Presidency of The A-Rod Fanclub and Bandwagon Bar and Grille

I haven't wavered ... see "arod" thread ...

please

A-ROD A-ROD A-ROD

lol

:flag:

gex
09-11-2008, 12:09 AM
I love A-rod. He played freakin awesome ball Mon. He WILL take us very far into the playoffs.

mission
09-11-2008, 12:50 AM
I love A-rod. He played freakin awesome ball Mon. He WILL take us very far into the playoffs.

Didn't you read the article, Gex?!?!

Geez, you aren't allowed!

(jp dude/tte?) :P

cpk1994
09-11-2008, 07:11 AM

Is that really a shock?. They spent all off-season last year predicting doom and gloom while proclaiming TT the anti-christ and then disappeared during the season. Same tune this summer.Merlin did stop in during the SF preseason game and made an ass of himself going off on me and another poster. All we said was that while Rodgers was struggling Favre would have thrown 3 picks in the same stretch. You would have thought we shot Merlin's dog.

bobblehead
09-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Hey, can you forward a question to that guy for me?

Dear mr. MJD,

Why hasn't pro wrestling gone to instant replay yet?? I'm really getting sick of finley hitting people with that damn shel...I can't spell...that damn club. I mean seriously...wouldn't instant replay stop these outrages and help out the poor overmatched official?

Chevelle2
09-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Is that really a shock?. They spent all off-season last year predicting doom and gloom while proclaiming TT the anti-christ and then disappeared during the season. Same tune this summer.Merlin did stop in during the SF preseason game and made an ass of himself going off on me and another poster. All we said was that while Rodgers was struggling Favre would have thrown 3 picks in the same stretch. You would have thought we shot Merlin's dog.

Merlin's dog would have appreciated that.