PDA

View Full Version : Putting The Completion Percentage In Perspective

Chevelle2
09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Rodgers completed 81% of his passes in his first NFL start.

By comparison, Favre, in 17 years, completed 80%+ of his passes only once, in a 9 for 11 performance in the last week of the season, against Detriot.

Based on the "vaunted" defense Rodgers was facing, and the incredible scrutiny and pressure was under, it is a travesty to call his performance, simply "solid."

Zool
09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Actually the Vikings pass D was 27th in the league, and they were without a starting safety. Cliffs took out Allen like I and many others predicted. I figured on Aaron having a good game but is completion % is crazy good though even playing against a bad secondary.

MadtownPacker
09-10-2008, 10:15 PM
You just like starting shit huh??? What does what Rodgers did on Monday night have to do with Favre? No matter how good or how bad a game he has I will merit it on what he has done in his career. Your perception is skewed just as much as those you try to mock.

pbmax
09-10-2008, 10:16 PM
And remember the rule of a defense that can do one thing well and another not so well. The 27th pass ranking is probably not as bad as it seems, because EVERYONE tried to pass on the Vikings, given their tougher rush D.

That said, their rush D numbers could be inflated by the same logic. I am not complaining, but I would have liked to seen us run more consistently. We did manage to run better than in last year's first matchup. So that's something.

Pacopete4
09-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Game 1 vs Vikings:

Favre 32 for 45, 344 yards, 2 TD's.... theres an amazing game

Game 2 vs Vikings:

Favre 33 for 46, 351 yards, 3 TD's

ZERO INT'S COMBINED.... Now theres a real QB with all the talent on this team

These are the numbers right here... that make Arods numbers "solid" or better yet, what I call it is efficient.

Bretsky
09-10-2008, 10:28 PM
You just like starting shit huh??? What does what Rodgers did on Monday night have to do with Favre? No matter how good or how bad a game he has I will merit it on what he has done in his career. Your perception is skewed just as much as those you try to mock.

Rather than starting another AROD and BF thread I thought there was going to give some history on where it rated in the top ten or a breakdown of how many short versus long passes their were. It doesn't take a genius to know AROD played a great game.

The Gunshooter
09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Actually the Vikings pass D was 27th in the league, and they were without a starting safety. Cliffs took out Allen like I and many others predicted. I figured on Aaron having a good game but is completion % is crazy good though even playing against a bad secondary.

I predicted 22-24 for 280 yards and 2 TD's. He is a machine.

Partial
09-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Why?!?

Seriously?!?

Again?!?

http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/chadpennington8.jpg

Partial
09-10-2008, 11:05 PM

Rather than starting another AROD and BF thread I thought there was going to give some history on where it rated in the top ten or a breakdown of how many short versus long passes their were. It doesn't take a genius to know AROD played a great game.

echoed. Please put a stop to the bullshit spam. I wish I was a mod (martyr) again so I could take some of these mofos down to china town.

Zool
09-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Penningtons arm over the course of his NFL career.

http://www.obmacaroni.com/images/products_noodles.jpg

The Gunshooter
09-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Pennington got hurt. That's why Joe Theismann retired when he broke his leg you know, because athletes are not as good without fully functioning bodyparts. Favre got old, if he could of stayed 27 all this time that would change things.