PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bucs have Garcia on the trade block

GoPackGo
09-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Report: Bucs have Garcia on the trade block

Profootballtalk.com reports that Bucs are shopping Jeff Garcia and are "willing to take anything they can get."

Jon Gruden and Garcia are reportedly "ready to kill each other." The Bucs look set to go forward with Luke McCown backing up Brian Griese after benching Garcia. If Packers GM Ted Thompson wasn't so married to his draft picks, including late-rounders, Green Bay would be a logical fit. But no team is going to go out of its way for a twinkle toed 38-year-old with an illogically big ego. Sep. 11 - 12:32 pm et

BallHawk
09-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't want Garcia for even a 7th.

packers11
09-11-2008, 12:15 PM
the vikings... make the call :!:

Partial
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM

A pro-bowl quality back-up qb who has taken several teams into the playoffs :shock:

I'd take him in a second. He is exactly the back-up we need. I'd give up a 4th for him.

Badgerinmaine
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM

A pro-bowl quality back-up qb who has taken several teams into the playoffs :shock:

I'd take him in a second. He is exactly the back-up we need. I'd give up a 4th for him.
Are you willing to risk losing Brohm or Flynn by putting them on the practice squad?

BallHawk
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM

Are you willing to risk losing Brohm or Flynn by putting them on the practice squad?

Not to mention Garcia is an egomaniac.

digitaldean
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't take Garcia. Packers are building for the long term, getting Garcia defeats that purpose.

I DEFINITELY could see Minny taking him. Because if Chilly doesn't do something this year, both he and Tarvaris Jackson will be bounced out of town.

mngolf19
09-11-2008, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't take Garcia. Packers are building for the long term, getting Garcia defeats that purpose.

I DEFINITELY could see Minny taking him. Because if Chilly doesn't do something this year, both he and Tarvaris Jackson will be bounced out of town.

I just don't know. Part of me wants him, part doesn't. Part thinks they would go after him, but mostly I think they wouldn't. I think Chilly goes to Frerotte now if Jackson isn't getting it done by game 4.

BallHawk
09-11-2008, 12:37 PM

And in the playoffs has as many TDs as he has INTs with about a 75 passer rating. No thanks.

Of course, it doesn't matter how he's played in the playoffs because Aaron's gonna be the one playing in the playoffs, not Garcia.

And would Garcia even want to play somewhere like Green Bay, who's QB situation with Favre has added fuel to the fire in Tampa?

Pass.

rbaloha1
09-11-2008, 01:07 PM

Get Garcia and keep 4 qbs on the roster.

GoPackGo
09-11-2008, 01:16 PM

Not a bad idea- If Rodgers goes down I am confident the Packers are screwed

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2008, 01:22 PM

Agreed. I'd be willing to lose Bush, Peprah, or that rookie OL to have the security of having a great backup. Unfortunately, I could see Garcia going to Minnesota. That would make them a lot more formidable.

Gunakor
09-11-2008, 01:23 PM

We are kinda stretched too thin at a number of other positions to keep 4 QB's on the roster. Who do we get rid of? Can't get rid of any OL or DL because of injuries, we only kept 5 WR as is, our extra LB and DB are both special teams guys... I don't think we could do it.

Gunakor
09-11-2008, 01:25 PM

Agreed. I'd be willing to lose Bush, Peprah, or that rookie OL to have the security of having a great backup. Unfortunately, I could see Garcia going to Green Bay. That would make them a lot more formidable.

Maybe Peprah. Bush is too valuable on ST's, and he can step in as the emergency safety if something happens to 2 of the 3 guys ahead of him. I still don't think they'd do it in order to keep 4 QB's on the roster.

Brando19
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
If GB wouldn't take Favre back right away, why the hell would we want Garcia?

pbmax
09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Was Childress still in Philly when Garcia was there? He would be familiar with him then, but I think he was already a Viking.

I just don't know. Part of me wants him, part doesn't. Part thinks they would go after him, but mostly I think they wouldn't. I think Chilly goes to Frerotte now if Jackson isn't getting it done by game 4.

Scott Campbell
09-11-2008, 04:01 PM

A 4th is what we might end up getting for Favre. What's the point of that?

Lurker64
09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I might offer a 7th for him.

rpiotr01
09-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I'd pay 50 dollars for one!

Fred's Slacks
09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd give a 7th. He would be nice to have if we need someone for a couple games. If Rodgers goes down for the year, I don't like our chances with Garcia in the playoffs. But if Rodgers is out for a week or two, Garcia could keep us in contention until Rodgers get back. That would be worth a 7th. The biggest problem is the roster spot. We might be able to clear one at sometime but remember, when Harrell comes back we need to clear another one. Giacomini might be expendable once Wells and Sitton get healthy, but before that time I think we gotta keep him.

gbpackfan
09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
In my opinion, this is a no brainer. You get him, now. You give up a 7th and keep 4 QBs on the roster. You then cut Bush. There are a million guys like Jarrett Bush. If A-Rod goes down, we're screwed.

All the above being said, it will never happen. TT will stick with his plan no matter what.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2008, 04:24 PM
How about trade Brohm for Garcia and a 5th.

pbmax
09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Your special teams just won a game for you, Bush isn't as expendable as you might think. If ARod goes down, Garcia won't save the season.

There maybe guys like Bush available, but there are also vet QBs who are available.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2008, 04:30 PM
There maybe guys like Bush available, but there are also vet QBs who are available.

Garcia is the best vet available.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2008, 04:33 PM
I'd give a 7th. He would be nice to have if we need someone for a couple games. If Rodgers goes down for the year, I don't like our chances with Garcia in the playoffs. But if Rodgers is out for a week or two, Garcia could keep us in contention until Rodgers get back. That would be worth a 7th. The biggest problem is the roster spot. We might be able to clear one at sometime but remember, when Harrell comes back we need to clear another one. Giacomini might be expendable once Wells and Sitton get healthy, but before that time I think we gotta keep him.

Hate to say it, but Harrell won't be back for at least another 5 weeks and there will likely be an injury or two before then. Maybe Brohm can sprain his ankle in practice.

mraynrand
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I'd give up a 12th round pick for him.

Fred's Slacks
09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Hate to say it, but Harrell won't be back for at least another 5 weeks and there will likely be an injury or two before then. Maybe Brohm can sprain his ankle in practice.
Good point.

pbmax
09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
If Brohm is so smart, you'd think he get the hint the fourth time McCarthy told him in the Tennessee game "to go out there and break a leg!"

sheepshead
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
GET HIM NOW!!!

texaspackerbacker
09-11-2008, 07:00 PM

I'm with you on this one, Ballhawk.

Flynn would be OK if he was ever needed to play a significant amount.

Garcia is exactly what I have been saying all along that we DON'T need. I have a hunch Thompson and McCarthy see it that way too, even if many in this forum and most of the media fools do not.

cpk1994
09-11-2008, 07:25 PM

Garcia is exactly what I have been saying all along that we DON'T need. I have a hunch Thompson and McCarthy see it that way too, even if many in this forum and most of the media fools do not.Ture. Also, I think it would send Favre fans into an even bigger tizzy becuase they would say "See, you should have kept Favre". The Packers don't need those idiots spouting off even more.

Guiness
09-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Your special teams just won a game for you, Bush isn't as expendable as you might think. If ARod goes down, Garcia won't save the season.

Yes, there are guys like Bush available. But we need Bush on the team now; if we cut him, we need another ST gunner, so we're back where we started.

Flynn or Brohm for Garcia + a pick makes the most sense. That's if Garcia is happy coming in here and being a backup, which some seem to think we won't.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2008, 08:44 PM
fuck garcia and his noodle arm. There are plenty of serviceable backup qbs out there that don't require giving up a pick.

The only reason to trade for garcia is his girlfriend is smoking hot...and could be the reason for his inflated ego.

Partial
09-11-2008, 11:18 PM
fuck garcia and his noodle arm. There are plenty of serviceable backup qbs out there that don't require giving up a pick.

The only reason to trade for garcia is his girlfriend is smoking hot...and could be the reason for his inflated ego.

Is your girlfriend smoking hot?

Zool
09-11-2008, 11:44 PM

Prolly not as hot as the bartender with the Partial prints on her ass.

Partial
09-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Oh dude she was not even very hot. But she had really well proportioned cans, and as a card-carrying member of the 'finer things' club I can digg on that.

I would have Brohm "severely pull a hammy" and get Garcia. I'd say we're poised to make another run at it then if we stay healthy.

Zool
09-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Oh dude she was not even very hot. But she had really well proportioned cans, and as a card-carrying member of the 'finer things' club I can digg on that.

So what did you think of Angela's Ashes?

SnakeLH2006
09-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Report: Bucs have Garcia on the trade block

Profootballtalk.com reports that Bucs are shopping Jeff Garcia and are "willing to take anything they can get."

Jon Gruden and Garcia are reportedly "ready to kill each other." The Bucs look set to go forward with Luke McCown backing up Brian Griese after benching Garcia. If Packers GM Ted Thompson wasn't so married to his draft picks, including late-rounders, Green Bay would be a logical fit. But no team is going to go out of its way for a twinkle toed 38-year-old with an illogically big ego. Sep. 11 - 12:32 pm et

Is that a real quote?? Damn.. TT got >>http://www.birkoph.com/owned/owned-cat.jpg

MadtownPacker
09-12-2008, 12:12 PM

Garcia is exactly what I have been saying all along that we DON'T need. I have a hunch Thompson and McCarthy see it that way too, even if many in this forum and most of the media fools do not.Exactly Tex, we dont need some guy who is on his last leg when we have excellent potential in Flynn who I called early as the 2nd best QB. If Rodgers goes down I am more than happy to ride it out with Flynn or Brohm if it comes to that.

Why dont you get an avatar?

Freak Out
09-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Why in the fuck would we want Garcia when Tampa has just benched him? None of our QBs are injured so lets go with what we have.

texaspackerbacker
09-12-2008, 12:44 PM

Garcia is exactly what I have been saying all along that we DON'T need. I have a hunch Thompson and McCarthy see it that way too, even if many in this forum and most of the media fools do not.Exactly Tex, we dont need some guy who is on his last leg when we have excellent potential in Flynn who I called early as the 2nd best QB. If Rodgers goes down I am more than happy to ride it out with Flynn or Brohm if it comes to that.

I'm borderline computer illiterate--I don't know how to do avatars. Besides, I'm not that fired up to have one anyway. Pictures just take up space and get in the way of words for the most part.

rbaloha1
09-12-2008, 12:48 PM

Garcia is exactly what I have been saying all along that we DON'T need. I have a hunch Thompson and McCarthy see it that way too, even if many in this forum and most of the media fools do not.

What is your basis for Flynn? Flynn was significantly better than Brohm but to say he is a serviceable backup is ridiculous. AR was not ready during his first two years.

Garica was a pro bowler last season with good skills. If Garcia agrees to be a backup obtaining JG is a no brainer. Keep 4 qbs on the roster. Agreed Jarret Bush is easily expendable given Tramon Williams, Blackmon, Lee and Rouse.

If Brohm could be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick the trade should be done if Garica is dealt for.

MadtownPacker
09-12-2008, 12:59 PM

I'm borderline computer illiterate--I don't know how to do avatars. Besides, I'm not that fired up to have one anyway. Pictures just take up space and get in the way of words for the most part.Many feel,myself included, that an avatar makes it even easier to ID a poster's post by just looking at the avatar. IF you see something you like just post the link here and i will size it and put it on for you. Maybe an American Flag?

KYPack
09-12-2008, 03:32 PM

I'm borderline computer illiterate--I don't know how to do avatars. Besides, I'm not that fired up to have one anyway. Pictures just take up space and get in the way of words for the most part.Many feel,myself included, that an avatar makes it even easier to ID a poster's post by just looking at the avatar. IF you see something you like just post the link here and i will size it and put it on for you. Maybe an American Flag?

Couple green & gold pom-poms, mebbe?

Scott Campbell
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Vince and Ronald Reagan in a warm embrace.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2008, 04:29 PM

Girlfriends!!!

Having several 8s makes up for not having 1 10.

Partial
09-12-2008, 06:29 PM

Girlfriends!!!

Having several 8s makes up for not having 1 10.

That's true.

vince
09-12-2008, 06:47 PM

Here's one for Tex.
http://www2.jsonline.com/chat/art/mcginnchat.jpg

KYPack
09-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Silhouettes of Curly Lambeau and Rush Limbaugh superimposed over a map of Texas?

Yeah, that outta do it.

Scott Campbell
09-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Here ya go Tex:

http://www.thebuckeyebunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/fiofdnd3u.jpg

cpk1994
09-13-2008, 05:32 PM
No, Scott I think this one is better for Tex:

http://www.ferris.edu/news/sidebars/russert/russert.jpg

cpk1994
09-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Here's one for Tex.
http://www2.jsonline.com/chat/art/mcginnchat.jpgI would't wish that on anyone. :)

mraynrand
09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
This is the one!!!:

http://www.theamericanmind.com/images/reagan-wiggled.jpg