PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Deputy Nutz
03-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Here is the deal. This is the thread that people will discuss all thing containing or pertaining to the 2006 NFL Draft and the Packers.

Most things that I post here will be here and the C-E Forum.

MJZiggy
03-27-2006, 04:53 PM
You should make a poll so that we can all decide what TT will do with the #5 pick. Trade up, use it or trade down.

billy_oliver880
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Hawk! :twisted:

MadtownPacker
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Hawk! :twisted:

Super Mario or Super Whitey (if we trade down 2-3 spots) is fine with me, but somebody please, help Nutz spell official!! :mrgreen:

oregonpackfan
03-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I would take Mario Williams over A. J. Hawk by a slight margin. I believe both guys will become solid contributors to their NFL teams.

Oregonpackfan

MJZiggy
03-28-2006, 07:12 AM
O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L :wink:

Deputy Nutz
03-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Naw I meant Offical. :lol:

I was thinking about having a draft part either at my house or a local establishment, but I haven't decided. I would have to have internet if I left my house.

MadtownPacker
03-28-2006, 08:14 AM

I was thinking about having a draft part either at my house or a local establishment, but I haven't decided. I would have to have internet if I left my house.

We are all going to Mel Kiper's party. He is a REAL draft guru!

jack's smirking revenge
03-28-2006, 12:29 PM
I think there are too many options swirling around for me to answer definitively. It's like the CE mock draft. The top 15 picks of the draft have totally changed because of off-season moves. Honestly, I would be happy with Hawk, SuperMario or Vernon Davis (like everyone else, the more I read about him, the more impressed I am). Franks and Davis would be a FORMIDABLE TE tandem. (Throw Donald Lee into the picture and we could run some CRAZY 3-TE sets).

tyler

FavreChild
03-28-2006, 01:17 PM

M-A-J-O-R G-O-O-L-S-B-Y-S.

They have free wireless, and Free-way.

:cool:

Also, nutz, stop calling 1250. I don't want to be wondering if every caller I hear on the air is you. Oh wait, I don't listen to that crappy station anymore. Please, for the love of Favre, STOP.

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2006, 11:19 AM
I took 1250 off my radio selection, which is sad, because Milwaukee only has two sports talk radio stations, and only one of them is 24 hours. So it sucks that I am banning one of them from my listening pleasure.

MadtownPacker
03-29-2006, 11:25 AM
GuruNutz,

Do you think Denver will trade for Walker one of their #1s?

FavreChild
03-29-2006, 11:35 AM
I would rather listen to WSCR when da Bears win than listen to 1250. They are able to get good interviews by virtue of being the only game in town during the day, but other than that...the worst sports radio I have ever heard. Unless you like to be consistently irritated and annoyed.

But anyway...resume your draft talk.

Pack0514
03-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Also, nutz, stop calling 1250. I don't want to be wondering if every caller I hear on the air is you. Oh wait, I don't listen to that crappy station anymore. Please, for the love of Favre, STOP.

Thats funny, I usually listen to 1250 on my way in to and out of work, and I have often wondered if any of the callers are anyone from C-E or Rats.

I cant stand to listen to 1250 for more than my drive in and out though. It seems like alot of their jocks just try to get people jacked-up about stupid shit.... especially that Peter Brown cat.

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2006, 03:34 PM
GuruNutz,

I wouldn't put it past them. They still have some holes at wide reciever, and lets face it Rod Smith isn't getting any younger and he is lucky to have one more solid year. The guy has been doing it now for more than a decade. Ashley Lelie hasn't gotten it done. He is a good deep threat but he can't add up all the pieces.

This draft is weak in terms of wide recievers and the Broncos have some picks to play with. They could easily package their second rounder and 3rd rounder for Walker. That might be a bit better than only one #1 pick. That would give the Packers 5 first day picks, and I like that number alot.

To me the least I would trade Walker for is the 22nd pick. I think TT would actually go with the trade that could bring more picks into Green Bay's little nest egg.

The main concern is that Walker might not be healthy and the Broncos have to then decide if they want to give him a contract extension.

I don't think TT should fuck around with Walker, I am sick of hearing his fucking Step Father run his mouth. For the last 15 years Green Bay has been unbelievably good to its players until McKenzie blew a gasket, Walker running his mouth in 2005 and again in 2006. Grady decided to bad talk this historic franchise, but yet he still hasn't gotten a contract. I know one thing, bringing in talent that has good character is a must. It is a damn shame that a player like Walker is such a dislikable human. For all that jumped on Favre last year, you should also be ashamed, Favre called him out for what he was, it had nothing to do with money, he called out Javon's character. Walker has proved Favre right.

Oscar
03-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Great post Nutz. If a trade like this is possible and the talk about the queens moving up t othe six spot.. How many first day pick could the Pack wind up with if they trade down?(if one of the top qb's are still around at 5) Thinks could get kinda interesting come draft day.

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2006, 03:54 PM
I don't think the Packers would trade with the vikings, regardless of draft position, you just don't trade inside your division.

jack's smirking revenge
03-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Pssst....Nutz....I think Jeffro was talking about the Queens moving to #6, not trading with us to #5.

No worries bro. I know you've got a lot going on inside of that head, with trying to figure out where the serial is going to go now... :D

tyler

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2006, 03:59 PM
The best I could hope for and maybe I should have said this in my above post are the two first day picks. It would be something if the Packer could get that. I think after the dust would settle it would be a fair deal for both teams. Walker is still going to be a good football player. ACLs are really no big deal anymore, they just take a little time. But teams don't like to part with draft picks for proven players, especially one's with torn ACLs.

My point is if there is a team in this years draft that has the fire power in the draft and has a need at Wide Reciever the Broncos are the team to do it.

If the Packers got two first day picks from the Broncos there would be little need to trade down. You get your superstar in the first round with the #5 pick and then you get your fillers that could be studs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

jack's smirking revenge
03-29-2006, 04:04 PM
I think I would have a coronary from excitement if the Pack ended up with two first round picks. If some team is dumb enough to give us a first for Walker, then go with it! We can't force Walker to sit on the bench and leave a first round pick on the table, especially in this loaded draft....

I'd be excited if we were even able to get a 2nd for him...

tyler

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2006, 04:05 PM
You bastard.

jack's smirking revenge
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
If that comment was directed at me, then... :cool: I prefer mutt, but will settle for bastard.

tyler

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Mutt.

That doesn't make sense at all. There is no rule that says you can't be a bastard if you are a mutt. You can be both, or just one.

jack's smirking revenge
03-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Mutt.

That doesn't make sense at all. There is no rule that says you can't be a bastard if you are a mutt. You can be both, or just one.

That's true. But I wasn't calling out any mutt/bastard rules, though you seem to know those rules intimately. I just know for a fact that I'm a mutt and not a bastard. Bastard is cool; it just slights my wonderful mom. She may have been a "busy" woman, but she wasn't that active.

Hell, call me what you want. I don't care.

tyler

Oscar
03-29-2006, 05:47 PM
The point I was going for was that if a team wanted to get ahead of the Queens for a shot at a QB. (assuming thats why the Queens trade up in the first place) Wouldn't that put T.T. in an interesting position? Take a trade offer or keep the pick. I'd say keep the pick as well. But, if T.T. is the build through the draft guy most say.. could be interesting.

swede
03-29-2006, 07:52 PM
I voted for a trade-down, but I wouldn't want to move too far down. My thinking is that since Hawk/Davis will be available at our pick we can figure that one of them will still be there a few picks later. I doubt anyone will be trading up to pick five with the intent of picking a LB or a TE.

At this point Hawk or Davis would make me happy, but I would be all "Woo Hoo!" if we could snare one of them AND get more picks.

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
The problem with trading down, is that San Francisco needs a linebacker after losing two of there starters, and they also need a premium pass catcher. If the Packer trade down past Oakland, don't expect Hawk to be there, dont expect Davis to be there.

Bretsky
03-29-2006, 10:32 PM

DO you have Picture in Picture ? Can we watch Grailees on one side and ESPN on the other ?

MadtownPacker
03-29-2006, 10:41 PM

DO you have Picture in Picture ? Can we watch Grailees on one side and ESPN on the other ?

No biggie. The EC ladies will be there to put on a live show anyways. :idea:

Bretsky
03-29-2006, 10:52 PM

No biggie. The EC ladies will be there to put on a live show anyways. :idea:

COOL; then I'm there.

Pack0514
03-30-2006, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't put it past them. They still have some holes at wide reciever, and lets face it Rod Smith isn't getting any younger and he is lucky to have one more solid year. The guy has been doing it now for more than a decade. Ashley Lelie hasn't gotten it done. He is a good deep threat but he can't add up all the pieces.

This draft is weak in terms of wide recievers and the Broncos have some picks to play with. They could easily package their second rounder and 3rd rounder for Walker. That might be a bit better than only one #1 pick. That would give the Packers 5 first day picks, and I like that number alot.

To me the least I would trade Walker for is the 22nd pick. I think TT would actually go with the trade that could bring more picks into Green Bay's little nest egg.

The main concern is that Walker might not be healthy and the Broncos have to then decide if they want to give him a contract extension.

I don't think TT should fuck around with Walker, I am sick of hearing his fucking Step Father run his mouth. For the last 15 years Green Bay has been unbelievably good to its players until McKenzie blew a gasket, Walker running his mouth in 2005 and again in 2006. Grady decided to bad talk this historic franchise, but yet he still hasn't gotten a contract. I know one thing, bringing in talent that has good character is a must. It is a damn shame that a player like Walker is such a dislikable human. For all that jumped on Favre last year, you should also be ashamed, Favre called him out for what he was, it had nothing to do with money, he called out Javon's character. Walker has proved Favre right.

Great Post! BTW, has any one seen this blog by Christl, I love it. http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/insider/weblogs/index.asp?id=3&entry=17269

I think I would have a coronary from excitement if the Pack ended up with two first round picks. If some team is dumb enough to give us a first for Walker, then go with it! We can't force Walker to sit on the bench and leave a first round pick on the table, especially in this loaded draft....

I'd be excited if we were even able to get a 2nd for him...

tyler

Agreed, with how deep this draft is at the top..... the more first day picks you can obtain, the better. IMO, Walker is bluffing about retiring but with such a young team, you cant have a cancer in the lockerroom. I also must say that I think he is an awesome talent

Deputy Nutz
03-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Could this be, our first bumb here on the Rat Chat? I am so proud!

Deputy Nutz
03-31-2006, 01:49 PM
nfldraftcountdown.com has just released their updated rankings. In the top 10 the biggest mover was Vince Young, who dropped to the #9 spot. Cutler has now moved ahead of him.

Ernie Sims has also moved up quite a bit. In the beginning of the draft season Sims was a considered a mid to late second rounder and has now moved up several draft boards. He is currently 12th on nfldraftcountdown's overall rankings, and ahead of Chad Greenway.

Greenway has dropped. Scouts are more worried about his workout numbers than his play on the field. For a guy that is 6-3 and 240 pounds, his natural strength has not carrried over to the weight room and scouts are concerned about his strength, and also his 4.7 forty. Whatever team that decideds to pick him up is going to get a great value, especially if he last until or after the 20th selection.

Scouts have also lost a bit of interest in tweener defensive back Jimmy Williams. At his pro day two weeks ago he did not impress many scouts, he looked stiff in cornerback drills, and his forty time was just ok, the fastest he was timed was 4.47 and others had him in the low to mid 4.5s. His forty time wasn't that big of deal because of his size, but again he lacked fluidity in his breaks.

Donte Whitner is an unbelievable prospect coming out of Ohio St, who might get forgotten in the shuffle of safeties and corners in the first round. He is a top 20 talent that might last until late in the first round and possibly early in the second round.

My biggest sleeper in the draft right now is Manny Lawson who is tweener at linebacker and defensive end, but the guy is a phyiscal freak. If a team like the Pats, Cleveland or Pittsburgh can get their hands on him as an outside linebacker in a their 3-4 defense he could rack up double digit sacks as a rookie.

Everyone has heard of division II's Ingle Martin, but the real sleeper could be Tavaris Jackson from Alabama St. He is 6-2 and 225 pounds and runs a 4.68 forty. He passes well on the run and is an effective scrambler, especially to find open recievers. He is a second day prospect, but it wouldn't suprise me if he was selected late in the 3rd round.

Is it possible that Kiwanuka or Hali last until the second round? Neither of the two outside pass rushers have proved themselves in the off season and have scouts wondering if the top two and three prospects at defensive end are true number 1 picks. Both need to add strength once on a NFL roster, and both need to add pass rushing moves to complete themselves as players. Both can be liablities against the run.

The safety position is unbelievably deep. Teams could find starters late in the third round and even early on day two. Ko Simpson and Daniel Bullocks are two players that teams will get tremendous value from in round two. Guys you can get in late in round two or round three that not only make the roster but will fight for a starting position right away are Pat Watkins from Florida St. and Anthony Smith from Syracuse. Two players to keep an eye on day two are Nate Salley from Ohio St and Scott Ware from USC. Both played for big time programs and both were leaders of their respected defenses.

This Sunday, April 2nd, the most awaited pro-day will take place. USC will be conducting their pro day which will highlight Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Lendale White, and Winston Justice. People already know what Bush and Leinart will bring to the table, but question marks surround White and his weight, and speed. Justice is a top teir tackle, but maturity concerns many of the pro scouts. Other players to keep an eye on during the pro day are late round guys lik Frosty Rucker, DE for USC, Taitusi Lutui at Guard, his counter part Fred Matua, TE Dominique Byrd, Darnell Bing at Safety, and punter Tom Malone.

HarveyWallbangers
03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
I agree with the JSO scout's take on Ernie Sims. It was pretty negative. I watched the scouting combine, and he looked great. A little undersized, but a great athlete. Then, they showed film of him. He was a horrible blitzer and did not stand up to blocks well at all. That doesn't mean he can't be a great player, but he has a lot of things that make you worry.

Deputy Nutz
03-31-2006, 01:53 PM
One other thing, Star middle linebacker for the Virginia Volunteers is off the team. Ahmad Brooks who has battled inuries for the better part of his career, was arrested, and broke several athletic violations, and finally upset several team officials. Most likely Brooks will make himself eligible for this summer's suplemental draft.

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 02:36 PM
The problem with trading down, is that San Francisco needs a linebacker after losing two of there starters, and they also need a premium pass catcher. If the Packer trade down past Oakland, don't expect Hawk to be there, dont expect Davis to be there.

I had heard rummors about minni. trying to trade up to SF. If that is the case, the probly want a qb. Just saying the radiers want that same player, we get the best end because look at it this way

5. Radiers:Young or Hawk
6. Minni. Young or cutler
7. The Pack: Davis!

Sparkey
03-31-2006, 02:45 PM
GuruNutz,

If I were TT, I would not hesitate to take a #1 for Walker. Then use the two number one picks on linebackers. What an improvement it would be for Green Bays lb squad for 2006 to consist of AJ Hawk, Nick Barnett & Demeco Ryans...........

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 09:55 PM
FYI, the Bills forum is basically reporting that GB is shopping the #5 pick and would the Bills be interested?

Bills fans say they would, presuming Mario drops to #5...but if that happens, do you really think TT would make that deal?

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Ha ha, I posted on the draft thread. Bet that won't happen again, unless it's the foamy draft variety...

esoxx
03-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I think if that rumor's true, that the Packers are shopping the pick, it's b/c they've seen the handwritting on the wall... and that is Williams will be gone before they pick at #5. I think that's who they really want.

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 10:03 PM
I think if that rumor's true, that the Packers are shopping the pick, it's b/c they've seen the handwritting on the wall... and that is Williams will be gone before they pick at #5. I think that's who they really want.

Ok, once williams is gone, then it all comes down to, who do they want. I mean will the person they want last down to 8, if its hawk then no, maybe huff, and no for davis

esoxx
03-31-2006, 10:09 PM
I think if Williams goes off the board early, TT will entertain trade down offers. That is, if he gets any, takes two to tango. Although I like Hawk as well, I don't see him tied to him necessarily if he can get more picks. Part of the reason being it's such a deep LB draft. Just never know what TT's going to do on draft day, other than he won't trade up and is fond of accumulating extra picks.

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 10:13 PM
I think if Williams goes off the board early, TT will entertain trade down offers. That is, if he gets any, takes two to tango. Although I like Hawk as well, I don't see him tied to him necessarily if he can get more picks. Part of the reason being it's such a deep LB draft. Just never know what TT's going to do on draft day, other than he won't trade up and is fond of accumulating extra picks.

Yea i wouldnt mind trading down with the bills and gettting there 1st 2nd and 5 or 6th. all though thats a big reach.
i would be happy with a draft like this

1.Michael Huff
2.Best lb., carpenter whoever
2. Guard

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 01:36 AM
Post this on another thread, but here's my mastery mockery of a draft for anyone who cares (2nd revision; the 1st revision had Pack trading the 1st, 3rd, and 5th rd picks to Chicago for Brain Urlacher). :smile:

Rd Pick
1 7th (obtained from Oakland, along with Randy Moss, for Javon Walker, the 5th overall pick and a 4th round pick and a 2007 conditional pick): Michael Huff, S, Texas

2 36th Cedric Griffin, CB, Texas

3 67th Taitusi Lutui, OG, USC

5 TBD Owens Daniels, TE, Wisconsin

5 165th Marcus Vick, QB/WR/KR/PR, Virginia Tech

7 253rd John Chick, LB, Utah State

MJZiggy
04-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Marcus Vick is a headcase that will likely turn into a team cancer if he ever gets drafted.

Charles Woodson
04-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I like this draft, except for cedric griffin. I would rather us draft a linebacker there, and then especailly if we sign woodsen

Sparkey
04-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Post this on another thread, but here's my mastery mockery of a draft for anyone who cares (2nd revision; the 1st revision had Pack trading the 1st, 3rd, and 5th rd picks to Chicago for Brain Urlacher). :smile:

Rd Pick
1 7th (obtained from Oakland, along with Randy Moss, for Javon Walker, the 5th overall pick and a 4th round pick and a 2007 conditional pick): Michael Huff, S, Texas

This would be a horrible draft:

huff is not going to be anything special. Griffin at 36 would be a total waste and vick is just plain baaaaaaddddd.....

Charles Woodson
04-01-2006, 10:09 AM

Rd Pick

This would be a horrible draft:

huff is not going to be anything special. Griffin at 36 would be a total waste and vick is just plain baaaaaaddddd.....

Sparkey, not a big Texas fan huh?

Charles Woodson
04-01-2006, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhbJ79vaQ3w&search=Michael%20huff

Whatch that and tell me what you think.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Marcus Vick is a headcase that will likely turn into a team cancer if he ever gets drafted.

I think if Vick gets his head straight, he'll be a good player like former Steelers Randle El. Randle El is more quick than fast and is a good NFL player; Vick is BOTH quick and fast and might be better than Randle El.

I dont think Pack would lose a whole lot if they drafted Vick in the 5th rd and he doesnt pan out cos of off field problems. Worth a shot, imo.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 12:29 PM

Awsome video, Nick. Huff hits like Roy Williams and covers like a CB. I think drafting Huff would allow Pack to use Collins in the box the way they did to with Butler and Sharper. Maybe its just me but im not sold on Maneul.

Charles Woodson
04-01-2006, 04:11 PM

Awsome video, Nick. Huff hits like Roy Williams and covers like a CB. I think drafting Huff would allow Pack to use Collins in the box the way they did to with Butler and Sharper. Maybe its just me but im not sold on Maneul.

Yeah, kinda remindes me of Sean Taylor

Deputy Nutz
04-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I like Huff, but he is a safety and the Packers just spent money on a top ten free agent in Manuel. If Thompson had really targeted Huff, he wouldn't have signed Manuel to a 5 year 10 million dollar deal. It would be one thing if the deal was a short one or two years, but the front office fully expects Manuel and Collins to be the starting safeties. I wouldn't be sold on Huff playing corner.

Thompson really wants to upgrade the defense, and that both Williams and Hawk would surely help. I think if Thompson was sure that he could trade down and still land Hawk he would do it. Thompson wants to get out of the first round with either Hawk or Williams. To be honest the Green Bay scouting department had to liked what they saw with Williams at the combine, but they also have to be luke warm with his total body of work while at NC-St. Also, Thompson doesn't want to make the same mistake Wolf made, when he passed on Dan Morgan, and didn't do enough to move up and snag Urlacher. Hawk is a game breaker and game changer at linebacker, and for all that have been paying attention, the Packers still have several holes in the linebacker core, and Ben Taylor does little to fill those positions.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Manuel=Arturo Freeman. The only reason Manuel would probably make the team is because, unlike Freeman, Manuel is willing to take his and Thompsons sexual relationship to the next level.

Partial
04-01-2006, 08:17 PM
nutz, I think that is being a little over-zealous calling manual a top-ten free agent.

I think he'll be solid, but I don't think he is a difference maker by any means

b bulldog
04-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Mario

MJZiggy
04-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Polo!

Bretsky
04-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Mario

Super Mario; Donkey Kong. Cool old time video game

Deputy Nutz
04-02-2006, 04:20 PM
nutz, I think that is being a little over-zealous calling manual a top-ten free agent.

I think he'll be solid, but I don't think he is a difference maker by any means

I meant top ten at his position. Actually he was probably top 5 at his position in free agency.

Sorry about the confusion, but you can't seriosly think that I would have meant top 10 overall?

Partial
04-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I meant top ten at his position. Actually he was probably top 5 at his position in free agency.
Sorry about the confusion, but you can't seriosly think that I would have meant top 10 overall?

I've seen some football fans spit out some goofy shit in my day to justify the moves of their favorite team, you never know :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
04-02-2006, 08:35 PM
From the gbnreport.com

6:00 PM): That's a lock... Any questions whether Southern California RB Reggie Bush was worthy of being the #1 player selected at the 2006 draft may have put to bed earlier today when the Trojans' star ran under 4.35 seconds for the 40 at the USC on-campus workout in front of an estimated 150 personnel people from around the NFL. Gil Brandt has the early results from the USC workout over at NFL.com however the positional drills are still on-going. While Bush was starring with his speed, LenDale White, USC's other back with firsdt-round potential, weighed in at 244 pounds but reportedly did not run which could hurt his draft status. QB Matt Leinart, who measured in at 6-6, 224, also reportedly chose not to run, but his fortunes were going to be determined by how well he threw the ball anyway.

Go to NFL.com for official times of all prospects from USC. Here is a little clip about he running surface.

The results …
SOUTHERN CAL: APRIL 2
They ran outdoors on AstroTurf, which was a fast surface. All 40-yard dash times were clocked electronically, which historically adds about .08 of a second to the actual time. For instance, if someone ran the 40 in 4.50 seconds, it really means he ran it in about 4.42 seconds.

Interesting to note, that Lendale White did not run.

Fred Matua, 6-3 300 pound guard ran a 5.1 forty and has moved up the draft boards, he also lefted 26 reps of 225.

Darnell Bing, 6-2 225, his forties were between a 4.53 and a 4.65. he had a 38 inch vertical jump.

Leinart didn't run but had a 37 inch verticle, which I thought was impressive.
He measured in at 6-6, 225 pounds.

Go to http://nfl.com/draft/story/9353513 for the full story.

billy_oliver880
04-02-2006, 09:22 PM
That is a big vertical. I guess I didn't realise Lienart was so tall too.

HarveyWallbangers
04-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Darnell Bing, 6-2 225, his forties were between a 5.53 and a 4.65. he had a 38 inch vertical jump.

I'm assuming the 5.53 is a typo.
:D

Deputy Nutz
04-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks for assuming, yes he ran a slow 6.43. Amazingly he was able to bounce back and shave almost 2 seconds from his time on his second attempt. :D

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 09:42 PM
How consistent.

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.COM

Hot and Cold List

I agree with most of these,

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/hotcold.html

RashanGary
04-15-2006, 03:16 AM
How would you guys feel about

A.J. Hawk
Lendale White

Tarlam!
04-15-2006, 03:20 AM
I want Calhoun...

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Depends how serious his hammy injury is. Man, he pumped 225 10 times less than Reggie Bush. Some power back. Plus, I haven't liked his attitude since the first article I read on him. Somebody will likely get a good RB with him later in the draft, but I think I'd rather have Davin Joseph in round 2.

Deputy Nutz
04-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Honestly I think the Packers feel pretty good at running back right now with Green, Gado, and Davenport. I wouldn't expect to see the Packers taking White with their second round pick, unless he comes to Green Bay and knocks their socks off during the interview process. I also don't see White slipping past the first 40 picks though.

Deputy Nutz
04-16-2006, 11:02 PM
It is just not this forum. It had been a really slow draft week, with little being said in the media, and with also a very interesting beginning to the MLB season. Most GMs are zippering their lips and if they are saying anything at this points it is mostly going to be posturing.

swede
04-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Pipe dreaming for a bit, what if we did get Denver's #22 pick for Javon?

That would be a great place to pick up "best athlete available" from OL, D Back or D Line.