PDA

View Full Version : The Future

ny10804
06-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Just curious. [Some duos were left out in prevention of a landslide (ie Rodgers and Hawk), or in fear of not getting any votes (Collins and Jennings) -- IMO]

Bretsky
06-20-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm confused by the question.

Is it which two do we think will be most important to Green Bay ?

or

Which two players development is most important ?

I read it as the former and since I think AROD may stink I chose Hawk and Collins because I think they'll be the two best players out of those four.

Harlan Huckleby
06-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Aaron Rogers is poison in this poll.

RashanGary
06-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Other...

Aaron Rodgers and A.J. Hawk.

KYPack
06-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I dunno NY, that was a confusing poll there.

Keep posting, but don't make polls your schtick.

HarveyWallbangers
06-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Welcome NY. First day posting practically, and he's already starting polls.
:D

ny10804
06-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Welcome NY. First day posting practically, and he's already starting polls.
:D

I regulary post at NFL Draft Countdown, but the Forum more or less broke.

I don't think the poll is that confusing, which two players are most important for the Green Bay Packer's future. I had left out AJ Hawk and Aaron Rodgers because they would (and should) get all the votes.

Hopefully that clears things up.... Btw I voted for AJ Hawk and Greg Jennings.

Partial
06-20-2006, 09:56 PM
I predict they build the defense, so i'm going with Hawk and Hodge. They're going to get some bears up front over the next couple years and those two will be beasts.

ny10804
06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I predict they build the defense, so i'm going with Hawk and Hodge. They're going to get some bears up front over the next couple years and those two will be beasts.

The point I was trying to make in the opening post is that the poll is limited to the options... Yet, I would still disagree and say Collins and Jennings are more important than Hodge: take away Nick, and the Packers would have a defense in the bottom 3 in terms of points allowed for as long as Mark Roman is on this team; take away Jennings, and the post-Donald WR core is extremely slim. I leave out Rodgers because I believe a serviceable QB could be found in FA (a la Drew Brees) or in the draft (Rodgers would've gone late 1st/early 2nd in this year's draft). Nevertheless, the LB position is more easily replaced than the WR, S, or QB positions. I'm just saying Hodge isn't anything too special, does not fit the OLB spot, and last time I checked, Nick Barnett is still only 25.

GrnBay007
06-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Welcome to Packer Rats ny10804!

I took the Rodgers/Jennings combo.....of course I don't want to see Rodgers till 2008 season. :D

I'm hoping our immediate future big bright spot is Favre/Jennings combo.

Love the polls .....keep em coming.

-

FavreChild
06-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Good poll - I take it as which two positions are most important to our future - a successful future...but I guess I'm the lone vote at QB and Safety.

Am I longing for the glory days of BF and LeRoy...perhaps. But I'm stickin' to my prediction.

Polaris
06-20-2006, 11:22 PM
If Hawk and Collins both develop into the players I think they can be then we'll be competitive regardless of what our passing attack looks like.

Harlan Huckleby
06-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm surprised Jennings isn't getting more support. He fills a giant hole on the roster after Walker skipped town.

GrnBay007
06-20-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm a Jennings fan! Think I'll invest in his jersey for Family Night. :D

Bretsky
06-21-2006, 12:00 AM
I'm surprised Jennings isn't getting more support. He fills a giant hole on the roster after Walker skipped town.

Some aren't convinced AROD is not the answer and believe the Defense will be the key post Favre. That's why the easy choice is Collins and Hawk.

Harlan Huckleby
06-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Tampa and Chicago have had lots of strong defenses, crappy offenses, in the last 20 years. The teams usually ended up about 6-10.

Chubbyhubby
06-21-2006, 12:18 AM
I voted for Rodgers/Jennings. I really like this Jennings kid. He catches everything in sight and he enjoys going in the middle to catch balls. How many Packer WR's are willing enough to say that? In a few years he will become a star for the pack!

Pack0514
06-21-2006, 09:27 AM
I also voted Rodgers / Jennings because I interpreted the poll as which duo (if developed together) would benefit the Pack the most.

IMO, Rodgers and Jennings need to develop a trust between them just as Favre has done with multiple receivers throughout his career.

I am also rooting for Rodgers to develop into a quality NFL starting QB. Although another Favre would be nice..... with the defense that seems to be being built, there isnt a need for a superstar..... just someone to effectively manage the game mistake free.

woodbuck27
06-21-2006, 04:31 PM
"I read it as the former and since I think AROD may stink I chose Hawk and Collins because I think they'll be the two best players out of those four." Bretsky

As is the case most times, I'm seeing,You and I agree Bretsky.

I'm not very impressed with Aaron Rodgers to date.

When will Brett Favre realistically from OUR standpoint, even be able to retire?