PDA

View Full Version : NFC North QB Race

Rastak
09-13-2008, 05:29 PM
I had so much fun tracking this last year I couldn't resist.

So, the NFL has a formula for ranking QB's, let's track these QBs through the season and see if I end up crying my head off like last year. So far I am....

1. Rodgers 115
2. Kitna 103
3.Orton 83
4. Jackson 59 (fuckin aye.....)

Honorary NFC North QB who doesn't count....
Favre 126

Rodgers played a real nice game and deserves all kudos.

Joemailman
09-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Showdown in Detroit tomorrow. Actually, Kitna's numers were very good last year on those rare occasions when both Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams were healthy.

Rastak
09-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Showdown in Detroit tomorrow. Actually, Kitna's numers were very good last year on those rare occasions when both Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams were healthy.

I think they'll kick some ass this year myself but these are the Lions.

Off topic, is there such a thing as a Lions troll?

MJZiggy
09-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah, don't you remember? One came in, spammed the board for a couple weeks and then the normal trend of the Lions getting their asses kicked resumed and he put the bag back on his head and left.

pbmax
09-13-2008, 06:22 PM
The Lions have squandered a pretty good legacy. It used to be that they along with Cleveland would fight tooth and nail for championships in the 50s (Lions usually coming out on top). They had a playoff team in 1970. And have done little since. Its a little sad. Bobby Layne is an unappreciated QB.

Yeah, don't you remember? One came in, spammed the board for a couple weeks and then the normal trend of the Lions getting their asses kicked resumed and he put the bag back on his head and left.

SnakeLH2006
09-13-2008, 10:16 PM
The Lions have squandered a pretty good legacy. It used to be that they along with Cleveland would fight tooth and nail for championships in the 50s (Lions usually coming out on top). They had a playoff team in 1970. And have done little since. Its a little sad. Bobby Layne is an unappreciated QB.

Yes, but Matt Millen was just a young pup playing football. Who knew his acute NFL knowledable broadcasting would lead to legendary performance as one of the top NFL GM's of all-time? Ok, Millen needs to hand over those compromising photos of Owner Ford in the nightclub with Paris Hilton in 2002. Let it go Matt, let it go.

Rastak
09-15-2008, 07:02 PM
1. Rodgers 117.8
2. Kitna 78.5
3.Orton 75.9
4. Jackson 64.8 (fuckin aye.....)

Honorary NFC North QB who doesn't count....
Favre 104.1

MadtownPacker
09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Last I checked there are 3 White QBs and 1 Black QB.

FavreChild
09-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Hmmmm.....

FavreChild
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Orton = :jig:

Tony Oday
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Rodgers 2-0
Kitna 0-2
Orton 1-1
Jump Pass 0-2
Favre 1-1

I like our stats :)

MadScientist
09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Funny quirk in the ratings calculator, Rodgers combined rating is higher than either week.

oregonpackfan
09-15-2008, 11:19 PM

What does that have to do with anything? :?:

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 11:21 PM

My guess is that it'll have something to do with "you damned Nabiscos".

mission
09-15-2008, 11:23 PM

Well if it's *really* a race, then it's obvious who's gonna win.

I think that's what he's saying. Track and field, an extra muscle, etc ... it's pretty clear :oops:

MadtownPacker
09-15-2008, 11:41 PM

What does that have to do with anything? :?:The thread is titled "NFC North QB race". I thought this was a demographics survey. Unless orton is Irish. If so there are 2 White, 1 Black, and 1 Drunk QB.

Little Whiskey
09-16-2008, 04:30 PM

What does that have to do with anything? :?:The thread is titled "NFC North QB race". I thought this was a demographics survey. Unless orton is Irish. If so there are 2 White, 1 Black, and 1 Drunk QB.

whats the difference between an Irish Wedding and an Irish Funeral?

one less person drinking!

taylor 31
09-17-2008, 12:12 PM
1 drunk quarterback would literally be Bobby Lane!

Rastak
09-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Looks like one QB dropped out of the race!

oregonpackfan
09-17-2008, 07:37 PM

It sounds more like he was "forced" out of the QB race.

Guiness
09-17-2008, 08:03 PM
The thread is titled "NFC North QB race". I thought this was a demographics survey. Unless orton is Irish. If so there are 2 White, 1 Black, and 1 Drunk QB.

That whoosh you heard was your original post going right over my head. I laughed when you clarified it though.

So, following along that line of thought, what does this mean?

How does one get forced out of a race? Did they subject him to that skin bleaching Micheal Jackson had?

Rastak
09-17-2008, 09:45 PM

No kidding there Oregon!

As for the M Jackson reference...what an insult to anyone to be linked with the goofy one.....

Scott Campbell
09-17-2008, 09:49 PM

No kidding there Oregon!

As for the M Jackson reference...what an insult to anyone to be linked with the goofy one.....

I'm really struggling to hate the Vikings right now. And that's a good sign that things aren't going too well over there.

Rastak
09-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Rodgers still the class of the bunch. Vikings QB no long on the bottom although not enough starts to really tell. Kitna dropping like a stone.

1. Rodgers 102.9
2. Orton 79.0
3. Frerotte 77.1
4. Kitna 73.6

Honorary NFC North QB Favre 104.1

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Rodgers still the class of the bunch. Vikings QB no long on the bottom although not enough starts to really tell. Kitna dropping like a stone.

1. Rodgers 102.9
2. Orton 79.0
3. Frerotte 77.1
4. Kitna 73.6

It will be interesting to see how Favre does against a talented and motivated Chargers defense that has been pretty bad this year without Shawne Merriman.

Rastak
09-22-2008, 02:34 PM

1. Rodgers 102.9
2. Orton 79.0
3. Frerotte 77.1
4. Kitna 73.6

It will be interesting to see how Favre does against a talented and motivated Chargers defense that has been pretty bad this year without Shawne Merriman.

Yep, I think that number will go down.

Rastak
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Yup, it did go down....final numbers...

1. Rodgers 102.9
2. Orton 79.0
3. Frerotte 77.1
4. Kitna 73.6

Honorary NFC North QB Favre 98.7

Rastak
10-01-2008, 05:51 AM
After week 4....
These QB ratings are like the stock market is currently, trending down.

1. Rodgers 91.4
2. Orton 78
3. Kitna 73.6
4. Frerotte 70.7 (pew)

Honorary NFC North QB Favre 110.8 Yikes......

Dabaddestbear
10-01-2008, 06:28 AM
After week 4....
These QB ratings are like the stock market is currently, trending down.

1. Rodgers 91.4
2. Orton 78
3. Kitna 73.6
4. Frerotte 70.7 (pew)

Honorary NFC North QB Favre 110.8 Yikes......
hey, my boy Orton is climbing up the ladder slowly...lol.
Now if he could only connect on those wide open deep passes :roll:

Rastak
10-10-2008, 06:16 AM
After week 5

Nice game by Rodgers and Orton. Gus did't flop at least. Lions suck.

1. Rodgers 95.5 (rising)
2. Orton 87.6 (rising)
3. Frerotte 74.2 (He ain't last!)
4. Kitna 72.2 (falling)

Honorary NFC North QB Favre 110.8 Top in the NFL.

Rastak
10-14-2008, 03:29 AM
After week 6

1. Rodgers 98 (outstanding)
2. Orton 87.6 (solid)
3. Frerotte 76.1 (climbing slowly)
4. Kitna 72.2 (ready to drop?)

Honorary NFC North QB Favre 103.

gex
10-14-2008, 11:17 PM
After week 6

1. Rodgers 98 (outstanding)
2. Orton 87.6 (solid)
3. Frerotte 76.1 (climbing slowly)
4. Kitna 72.2 (ready to drop?)

Honorary NFC North QB Favre 103.

Its nice having 2 qb's at the top :D

RashanGary
10-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I think this is the week Rodgers passes Favre.

Zool
10-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I think this is the week Orlslovsky passes Ferrotte. Sry Ras but damn.

Scott Campbell
10-19-2008, 11:00 PM

47.8 Favre
104.2 Rodgers

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2008, 11:44 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=807835

Rodgers a pain killer

packers11
10-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Rodgers is almost over the 100 mark 8-)

Partial
10-20-2008, 01:40 AM

47.8 Favre
104.2 Rodgers

OH MY GOD FAVRE SUCKS!

PEYTON MANNING 46.6

fail.

Weak Scott. Favre is still probably higher on the year. I really have no idea if he is, but I am guessing as such. Rodgers has been playing very well no doubt, though.

TheCheese
10-20-2008, 02:22 AM

47.8 Favre
104.2 Rodgers

OH MY GOD FAVRE SUCKS!

PEYTON MANNING 46.6

fail.

Weak Scott. Favre is still probably higher on the year. I really have no idea if he is, but I am guessing as such. Rodgers has been playing very well no doubt, though.

Hey Partial, with how much you were convinced the Colts were going to handle us, you must be super stoked by the win we got, and how we got it, huh?

Partial
10-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Yeah, it was a good win. The post was in the game thread saying we had no chance was a parody on a song by dispatch. I was listening to it at the time and I decided to try to make the lyrics apply.

TheCheese
10-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Yeah, it was a good win. The post was in the game thread saying we had no chance was a parody on a song by dispatch. I was listening to it at the time and I decided to try to make the lyrics apply.

Well that's good. It just seems there are some posters here who only come around when we lose. As you can see, when we win, not much from them, I understand why this is so, but at the same time it baffles me. But hopefully your not one of these guys.

Partial
10-20-2008, 03:02 AM

Well that's good. It just seems there are some posters here who only come around when we lose. As you can see, when we win, not much from them, I understand why this is so, but at the same time it baffles me. But hopefully your not one of these guys.

Dude I have like the most posts here. I'm not a fair weather fan by any means. I consider myself objective and fair. I'm not sure if others would agree.

RashanGary
10-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Rodgers 98.8
Orton 91.4
Frerotte 72.6
Lions (who knows)

Favre 92.3

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Favre is still probably higher on the year.

Nope. Rodgers at 99 now. Favre at 92. Doesn't even take into consideration ARod's rushing yards and TDs and the fact that he's been getting sacked less often.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2008, 08:06 AM
I consider myself objective and fair. I'm not sure if others would agree.

I don't consider anyone objective and fair. I think we all have our bias.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2008, 08:08 AM

47.8 Favre
104.2 Rodgers

OH MY GOD FAVRE SUCKS!

PEYTON MANNING 46.6

fail.

Weak Scott.

Dude - I just posted this weeks numbers. There was no interpretation.

Zool
10-20-2008, 08:53 AM

47.8 Favre
104.2 Rodgers

OH MY GOD FAVRE SUCKS!

PEYTON MANNING 46.6

fail.

Weak Scott.

But Scott....you posted something bad about Brett apparently. P's girl parts get sensitive about his man.

Tony Oday
10-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I have the ticket to making Brett Favre suck and AR to be Great...

I have them both on a fantasy team with some buddies. Every week I have started Brett he has failed. Every week I have started AR he has been outscored by Brett...Solution START BRETT :)

Rastak
10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
After week 7

1. Rodgers 98.8 (dude is getting it done)
2. Orton 91.4 (wow, this is a Bears QB?)
3. Orlovsky 72.9 (Nice to have Calvin!)
3. Frerotte 72.6 (up and down game in week 7)

Honorary NFC North QB who may actually be a prick if the stories are true....

Favre 92.3 (just above Orton).

The Gunshooter
10-20-2008, 11:00 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/248391/dog_shit_on_bed/

Partial
10-20-2008, 11:07 PM

47.8 Favre
104.2 Rodgers

OH MY GOD FAVRE SUCKS!

PEYTON MANNING 46.6

fail.

Weak Scott.

But Scott....you posted something bad about Brett apparently. P's girl parts get sensitive about his man.

It was the method of delivery. Could have posted cumulative scores, etc to make it look less misleading. Everyone has a bad game now and again.

Patler
10-20-2008, 11:34 PM

47.8 Favre
104.2 Rodgers
OH MY GOD FAVRE SUCKS!
PEYTON MANNING 46.6

fail.

Weak Scott.

It was the method of delivery. Could have posted cumulative scores, etc to make it look less misleading. Everyone has a bad game now and again.

Instead of cumulative scores, then, maybe we should look at the individual components. Especially early in the season one particularly bad game can skew the cumulative score, as can one particularly good game. Or, we could throw out the stats from their best and worst games, which might give a more representative indication of average performance, but that's more work than I feel like doing, so I'll just present their individual game performances

Favre:

Rodgers:

GrnBay007
10-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Wonder what Favre's numbers would be with the Packers supporting cast? He sure got beat up yesterday when he didn't get any time to throw.

Patler
10-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Wonder what Favre's numbers would be with the Packers supporting cast? He sure got beat up yesterday when he didn't get any time to throw.

That's just it, the O-line should be a strength for the Jets. Maybe with the new offense to learn he is more indecisive and not getting rid of it quickly enough.

Pacopete4
10-20-2008, 11:44 PM
probably similar to last season I would imagine..

Patler
10-20-2008, 11:47 PM

No way to really know. It's possible he is not throwing the ball as well as he did last year, or maybe he is. With older players in any sport you can never assume they will come back at the same performance level as they left at the previous season. Off-seasons often do funny things to the older players.

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2008, 11:51 PM

Doubt it. I'm guessing that 39-year-old QBs who don't work hard in the offseason rarely repeat one of their five best seasons ever.

The Jets have RB Jones, WRs Cotchery and Coles, and a couple of decent TEs--not to mention what should be a decent OL with Mangold, Faneca, Ferguson (although he had a down year last year). His receivers a little worse (but not bad)--while the rest of his offensive teammates are about even with the Packers.

Favre supporters always have this card to pull out if Brett struggles. What happens if Brett gets worse as the year goes on--like he has the last few years?

Pacopete4
10-21-2008, 12:05 AM

Doubt it. I'm guessing that 39-year-old QBs who don't work hard in the offseason rarely repeat one of their five best seasons ever.

The Jets have RB Jones, WRs Cotchery and Coles, and a couple of decent TEs--not to mention what should be a decent OL with Mangold, Faneca, Ferguson (although he had a down year last year). His receivers a little worse (but not bad)--while the rest of his offensive teammates are about even with the Packers.

Favre supporters always have this card to pull out if Brett struggles. What happens if Brett gets worse as the year goes on--like he has the last few years?

didnt realize we were playing the what if game? Doesn't really do much for me.. but it is possible, its also possible Rodgers stinks from here on out too.. or gets hurt, or plays lights out... there are a lot of what ifs? I think we seen (if you've watched the Jets play) how well Favre can play this season at age 39.. he's going to have his oakland games this season if not for any other reason that he's always had bad games in seasons and he still is on a brand new team.. and he's on pace to repeat it right now isn't he Harv? if not its pretty close I'd think, maybe less yards than last year but he was also throwing the ball a ton more

GrnBay007
10-21-2008, 12:10 AM

The chemistry he built with the Packers O, over time, is irreplaceable in comparing to who he is playing with now. There is no denying that.
You don't just walk on to a field and pick up where you left off with your previous team...no matter who you are.

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2008, 12:12 AM
if not its pretty close I'd think, maybe less yards than last year but he was also throwing the ball a ton more

He's not far off. Of course, he had a 6 TD game that padded his stats immensely. He'd never done that before. I doubt he does it again. In his other 5 games, he has 7 TDs and 7 interceptions--which includes games against Miami, Cincinnati, and Oakland (and the game padding second half against San Diego after the Jets had fallen behind by 28 points). Nothing against Favre (until we hear whether the latest reports are legit), but I think we've seen the best of his passer rating for this season.

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2008, 12:14 AM
The chemistry he built with the Packers O, over time, is irreplaceable in comparing to who he is playing with now. There is no denying that. You don't just walk on to a field and pick up where you left off with your previous team...no matter who you are.

True. It also could be said that Aaron Rodgers is off to an amazing start to his career--considering he's never played enough to develop that chemistry with his receivers in game situations. Practice field is one thing. Getting that chemistry on Sundays is a whole new deal. At least, Brett has 16 years of experience to draw from, so he doesn't also have to deal with seeing all kinds of defenses for the first time.

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2008, 12:15 AM
its also possible Rodgers stinks from here on out too.. or gets hurt, or plays lights out...

Rodgers will get hurt. All QBs not named Favre and Manning do (see Romo and Brady--two guys that hadn't missed a game before this year). I just hope he stays healthy long enough to get us into the playoffs, and once we are there gives us better performances than Brett has in recent years.

GrnBay007
10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
It also could be said that Aaron Rodgers is off to an amazing start to his career

I agree. He's done very well so far, better than I expected to be perfectly honest. I'm very happy with his transition.

BF4MVP
10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
What happens if Brett gets worse as the year goes on--like he has the last few years?
If you look at recent history, I think it would be logical to assume that that would happen.

In '05, through 6 games (believe it or not), Favre had thrown 14 TDs and 8 INTs. Then the rest of the season he threw only 6 TDs and 21 INTs :shock:

In '06, through 9 games he had thrown 13 TDs and 7 INTs, in the 7 remaining games he threw 5 TDs and 11 INTs..

Hell, even last year, as spectacular as he was, he faded towards the end..Through 11 games, he had thrown 22 TDs and only 8 INTs..Then 6 TDs and 7 INTs the rest of the way...

Judging by his last two games, this year's fade may already be starting :lol: (Just joking, although it could be true, who knows).

He's actually been pretty bad this year outside of a meaningless second half against San Diego and one great game against Arizona.

Bossman641
10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
What happens if Brett gets worse as the year goes on--like he has the last few years?
If you look at recent history, I think it would be logical to assume that that would happen.

In '05, through 6 games (believe it or not), Favre had thrown 14 TDs and 8 INTs. Then the rest of the season he threw only 6 TDs and 21 INTs :shock:

In '06, through 9 games he had thrown 13 TDs and 7 INTs, in the 7 remaining games he threw 5 TDs and 11 INTs..

Hell, even last year, as spectacular as he was, he faded towards the end..Through 11 games, he had thrown 22 TDs and only 8 INTs..Then 6 TDs and 7 INTs the rest of the way...

Judging by his last two games, this year's fade may already be starting :lol: (Just joking, although it could be true, who knows).

He's actually been pretty bad this year outside of a meaningless second half against San Diego and one great game against Arizona.

Yep, Favre has had 6 really good quarters this year. The rest, nothing special.

BF4MVP
10-21-2008, 12:26 AM

didnt realize we were playing the what if game?
Yet you just said WHAT you thought that Favre's numbers would be like IF he had Green Bay's supporting cast...

How is that any different from Harv's hypothetical?

bobblehead
10-21-2008, 12:30 AM

Dude I have like the most posts here. I'm not a fair weather fan by any means. I consider myself objective and fair. I'm not sure if others would agree.

I think you are pretty fair and I think you genuinly are glad rodgers is playing well. You offer up your fairest best opinion....sometimes I think you are way off base, but at least you are a packer fan first.

Pacopete4
10-21-2008, 12:32 AM

didnt realize we were playing the what if game?
Yet you just said WHAT you thought that Favre's numbers would be like IF he had Green Bay's supporting cast...

How is that any different from Harv's hypothetical?

I wasn't pulling Harv's out to just point it out to Harv.. I meant it for the whole conversation... theres no point in playing the what if game and making any sort of real point about it... if we're playing the what if game, there is nothing anyone can say and be wrong... which is why I basically gave every option to Rodgers rest of the season... :roll:

Scott Campbell
10-21-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm reminded of earlier this season when that reporter asked Thompson and McCarthy if they knew what they were doing. And they said - yeah, we know what were doing.

That decision just looks better and better.

TennesseePackerBacker
10-21-2008, 12:47 PM

didnt realize we were playing the what if game? Doesn't really do much for me.. but it is possible, its also possible Rodgers stinks from here on out too.. or gets hurt, or plays lights out... there are a lot of what ifs? I think we seen (if you've watched the Jets play) how well Favre can play this season at age 39.. he's going to have his oakland games this season if not for any other reason that he's always had bad games in seasons and he still is on a brand new team.. and he's on pace to repeat it right now isn't he Harv? if not its pretty close I'd think, maybe less yards than last year but he was also throwing the ball a ton more

My god man, take off the rose-colored glasses and drop the Tony Kornheiser man-love for Brett Favre. I love the guy too, but I have watched about every Jets game this year and Rodgers is having a much better year so far.

You know Arizona had like 8 turnovers the game against Favre, giving him a short field repeatedly, however, the first turnover of that game was a nasty cross field pass from Favre to a Cardinals linebacker. I've seen some of the great classic Favre plays this year, but there have been many more stupid, ill-advised throws that make me say, "Man I'm sure glad I don't have to put up with that anymore."

Did you see the Favre punt to the Raiders @ the end of the game? Remember that against Philly in the playoffs? or any number of times? I dare say we'll never see a 4 INT game by Rodgers. I love Favre to death, but you homers need to stop with all this Favre love.

I for one will not get tired of seeing these stupid Favre interceptions and saying to my friends, "Man I'm sure glad I don't have to put up with that anymore."

Dabaddestbear
10-22-2008, 05:13 PM
After week 7

Who would have thought Orton would have performed so well. Even as a Bear fan I am consistently impressed.

pbmax
10-22-2008, 05:18 PM
After week 7

Who would have thought Orton would have performed so well. Even as a Bear fan I am consistently impressed.
I have to give the Bears credit for this. I never saw it coming. If the right person would have asked, they could have taken me for some serious cash on a bet that Orton would be over a 90 QB rating. Never saw even a glimpse of this, except in college.

Dabaddestbear
10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
After week 7

I have to give the Bears credit for this. I never saw it coming. If the right person would have asked, they could have taken me for some serious cash on a bet that Orton would be over a 90 QB rating. Never saw even a glimpse of this, except in college.
Hell, even I wouldn't have believed he would be playing as good as he have. I mean each week his passes and decision making has gotten better. Now if his WR's can only hold on to sure TD catches more often it would be the perfect moxie.

Rastak
11-03-2008, 07:41 PM
After week 9

1. Rodgers 95.3 (slight decline)
2. Frerotte 77.6 (stock rising for old guy)
3. Orlovsky 76.7 (stock falling, Pep in the wings)
4. Grossman 49.9 (all is well with the world)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 87.8 (dropping fast)

Rastak
11-11-2008, 05:51 AM
After week 10

1. Rodgers 93.3 (slight decline again)
2. Frerotte 74.0 (3 picks...very poor)
3. Grossman 59.0 (awful)
4. Culpepper 47.5 (very awful)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 89.8 (slight increase)

Badgerinmaine
11-12-2008, 02:39 PM
After week 10

3. Grossman 59.0 (awful)

Honorary NFC North QB

I have to think Culpepper will do better once he gets to know his teammates better...it was amazing how quickly they put him in to play after signing him. That's hard to do at QB.

superfan
11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Posting to keep this thread alive, I like it! :)

Anybody want to put any effort into figuring out the average QB rating for the NFC North compared to other divisions? Would be interesting to see. How do our QBs stack up against the rest of the league?

Partial
11-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't put a lot of stock into quarterback rating. Rodgers is staying reasonably high because he doesn't cause turnovers.

But, he isn't putting up points. I maintain that 4 of his 7 games have been pretty poor.

Rastak
11-12-2008, 09:50 PM

Anybody want to put any effort into figuring out the average QB rating for the NFC North compared to other divisions? Would be interesting to see. How do our QBs stack up against the rest of the league?

What up Superfan? I post the results every week actually.

I am guessing the North is pretty much putrid compared but it would be an interesting analysis.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 05:08 AM
After week 10

3. Grossman 59.0 (awful)

Honorary NFC North QB

lol honorary nfc north qb...

Gunakor
11-13-2008, 11:58 AM

What up Superfan? I post the results every week actually.

I am guessing the North is pretty much putrid compared but it would be an interesting analysis.

Well, 2 of the 4 regular starters at QB for NFC North teams have a rating at or near 90 (Rodgers and Orton). If you are comparing QB's by division, I'd say that's pretty good.

Rastak
11-20-2008, 07:46 AM
After week 11

1. Rodgers 94.5 (slight increase still top dog)
2. Orton 88.5 (not bad!)
2. Frerotte 76.6 (increased a bit)
4. Culpepper 56.8 (putrid)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 93.0 (slight increase, pretty damn solid)

sheepshead
11-20-2008, 07:52 AM
I never have put too much stock in the QB rating unless its very low.

Rastak
11-27-2008, 12:48 PM
After week 12

1. Rodgers 90.5 (small decline, behind Favre now)
2. Orton 88.0 (not bad!)
2. Frerotte 75 (2 game slump)
4. Culpepper 50.3 (can't anyone block for this guy?)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 94.1 (MVP rumblings start)

TennesseePackerBacker
11-27-2008, 12:57 PM
After week 12

1. Rodgers 90.5 (small decline, behind Favre now)
2. Orton 88.0 (not bad!)
2. Frerotte 75 (2 game slump)
4. Culpepper 50.3 (can't anyone block for this guy?)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 94.1 (MVP rumblings start)

hah, thanks Rastak. Favre hasnt had a bad game in a couple so we could see him have one against Denver. Other than that, it probably looks like the Jets, at worst, could go 10-6 but will probably be 11-5/12-4. The Packers miss the veteran leadership, not finishing has really killed this team.

Rastak
12-01-2008, 05:58 PM
After week 13

1. Rodgers 91.2 (small increase but very nice game)
2. Orton 83.3 (declining, did not play well at all)
2. Frerotte 76.1 (slight increase, looked better than last week))
4. Culpepper 53.6 (man the Lions are bad)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 90.4 (Not a great game)[/quote]

Rastak
12-08-2008, 11:53 AM
After week 14

1. Rodgers 92.1 (small increase but up and down game, not bad)
2. Orton 83.5 (Nice game vs Jax)
2. Frerotte 73.7 (He's a statue and he's getting killed)
4. Culpepper 63.9 (better but below the Kordoza line)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 88.2 (Not a great game again)

cpk1994
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
After week 14

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 88.2 (Not a great game again)You should add next to Favre:(MVP rumblings end) :lol:

Rastak
12-08-2008, 01:29 PM
After week 14

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 88.2 (Not a great game again)You should add next to Favre:(MVP rumblings end) :lol:

No kidding. I should have.

mngolf19
12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
After week 14

Honorary NFC North QB

Might have to add Jackson now since he will likely start the rest of the year.

Rastak
12-08-2008, 06:27 PM
After week 14

Honorary NFC North QB

You hear something I didn't?

mngolf19
12-08-2008, 08:10 PM
After week 14

Honorary NFC North QB

You hear something I didn't?

No, just speculating. Paper says he might have a broken bone(I assume in his back) so that and the fact they said he was having a hard time moving today puts him out for this week and who knows how long if Jackson can show anything. I'm not down about him being in. I think he adds a dimension the Vikes could use in tight games. The ability to run for himself. I also think Gus will retire at the end of this season and this would be important to Jackson's future and development as they will get another QB one way or another next season.

Rastak
12-08-2008, 08:31 PM
We gotta face it, the Vikes are screwed at QB. Jackson is a royal fuck up but he can run and make some things happen when the pocket breaks down but Gus is a statue but he can hit the long ball decently so it loosens things up big time.

RashanGary
12-08-2008, 08:37 PM
We gotta face it, the Vikes are screwed at QB. Jackson is a royal fuck up but he can run and make some things happen when the pocket breaks down but Gus is a statue but he can hit the long ball decently so it loosens things up big time.

I think the Vikings could really use him well though. Most teams try to protect their QB. Know what? Fuck protecting Tavaris Jackson. They should do full scale run fakes with Peterson to the right and roll Tavaris to the left on an all out run play. Imagine defenses getting sucked right to Peterson.

Run a simple, easy to read pass offense with one or two reads and run the shit out of Jackson iwth Peterson as a decoy. It also keeps defenses honest on Peterson because they have to stay home for the threat of Jackson running. If he gets hurt, oh well. IF he stays healthy, you guys could have one of hte most dangerous running attacks in the history of the NFL.

Pacopete4
12-08-2008, 08:37 PM

Jeff George is still available...

Rastak
12-08-2008, 08:40 PM

I think the Vikings could really use him well though. Most teams try to protect their QB. Know what? Fuck protecting Tavaris Jackson. They should do full scale run fakes with Peterson to the right and roll Tavaris to the right on an all out run play. Imagine defenses getting sucked right to Peterson.

Run a simple, easy to read pass offense with one or two reads and run the shit out of Jackson iwth Peterson as a decoy. It also keeps defenses honest on Peterson because they have to stay home for the threat of Jackson running. If he gets hurt, oh well. IF he stays healthy, you guys could have one of hte most dangerous running attacks in the history of the NFL.

Interesting but not sure it would work.

It's HARD to run against teams that endlessly run blitz. If the team had someone clever calling plays they might work in some quick hitters and screens to counter that.

They usually do roll him out. But with his arm, why can't he have some kinda pocket sense? The dude has a canon but can't throw anything downfield with any accuracy.

Rastak
12-15-2008, 02:16 AM
After week 15

Ladies and gentleman, I present you your new leader!

1. Jackson 96.1 (I know he's only got 4 games, let me have my fun)
2. Rodgers 91.8 (small decrease but nice first year starting)
3. Orlovsky 80.3 (Lions shoot into 3rd place in something at least)
4. Orton 80.1 (dropping)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 86.5 (slip sliding away)

Man, I feel bad for bad mouthing Jackson so much in this thread. He really played a nice game.

Partial
12-15-2008, 02:19 AM
I didn't see the game but he looked good in the highlights :lol:

Gunakor
12-15-2008, 12:45 PM
After week 15

4. Orton 80.1 (dropping)

Honorary NFC North QB

Man, I feel bad for bad mouthing Jackson so much in this thread. He really played a nice game.

Orlovsky has a better QB rating than Orton does now? Just weeks ago we were talking about Rodgers and Orton as the only solid QB's left in this division, now Orton is at the bottom of the list? Weird.

Dabaddestbear
12-15-2008, 03:50 PM
After week 15

4. Orton 80.1 (dropping)

Honorary NFC North QB

Orlovsky has a better QB rating than Orton does now? Just weeks ago we were talking about Rodgers and Orton as the only solid QB's left in this division, now Orton is at the bottom of the list? Weird.
Stats dont tell the entire story in this case. He played a garbage game last week but is still the reason why the Bears were able to come back and win.

Gunakor
12-15-2008, 06:54 PM
After week 15

4. Orton 80.1 (dropping)

Honorary NFC North QB

Stats dont tell the entire story in this case. He played a garbage game last week but is still the reason why the Bears were able to come back and win.

This wasn't meant as a knock on Orton. 80 isn't especially great, but it's far from awful. This was more a statement of shock that Orlovsky is even in the discussion at this point.

Dabaddestbear
12-15-2008, 07:49 PM
After week 15

4. Orton 80.1 (dropping)

Honorary NFC North QB

This wasn't meant as a knock on Orton. 80 isn't especially great, but it's far from awful. This was more a statement of shock that Orlovsky is even in the discussion at this point.
I guess we all will just have to wait till next year..lol. --Except for the Viking fans..lol

Rastak
12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Here's something you don't see every day......:wow:

Jackson honored
December 16th, 2008 – 6:09 PM by Judd Zulgad

Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has been named the NFC offensive player of the week after throwing a career-high four touchdown passes in the Vikings’ 35-14 victory over Arizona on Sunday in Glendale, Ariz. Jackson, playing for injured veteran Gus Frerotte, completed 11 of 17 passes for 163 yards and posted an impressive 135.5 passer rating. Jackson becomes the first Vikings quarterback to earn NFC offensive player of the week honors since Daunte Culpepper did it in 2005.

Jackson has a passer rating of 141.7 and has completed 19 of 27 passes with five touchdowns and no interceptions since replacing Frerotte late in the first half of the Vikings’ victory at Detroit on Dec. 7. It’s almost certain Jackson will start again this Sunday against Atlanta in place of Frerotte, who was expected to miss one to two weeks because of a broken bone in his lower back.

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Here's something you don't see every day......:wow:

Jackson honored
December 16th, 2008 – 6:09 PM by Judd Zulgad

Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has been named the NFC offensive player of the week after throwing a career-high four touchdown passes in the Vikings’ 35-14 victory over Arizona on Sunday in Glendale, Ariz. Jackson, playing for injured veteran Gus Frerotte, completed 11 of 17 passes for 163 yards and posted an impressive 135.5 passer rating. Jackson becomes the first Vikings quarterback to earn NFC offensive player of the week honors since Daunte Culpepper did it in 2005.

Jackson has a passer rating of 141.7 and has completed 19 of 27 passes with five touchdowns and no interceptions since replacing Frerotte late in the first half of the Vikings’ victory at Detroit on Dec. 7. It’s almost certain Jackson will start again this Sunday against Atlanta in place of Frerotte, who was expected to miss one to two weeks because of a broken bone in his lower back.

Kudos to T-Jax for a great game, but he's not the first QB to put up big TD numbers against teh Cards this season. The Cards don't exactly have the greatest pass defense in the world...

I know, you are just having your fun this week while you can. But, you are still a Viking fan, your avatar still has purple in it, and I still have to give you shit for it.

Rastak
12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Actually his numbers weren't really big. 4 td's were good but with Peterson running all over the Cards he didn't have that many attempts.

Cards defense didn't look too impressive, that's for sure.

Rastak
12-23-2008, 04:55 AM
After week 16

1. Jackson 96.8 (Yikes, it went up)
2. Rodgers 91.4 (steady year for Rodgers)
3. Orton 78.1 (dropping)
4. Orlovsky 74.3 (back in last)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 84.0 (postseason? Nah.)

Rastak
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Final Standings

1. Jackson 95.4 (Nice finish to the year)
2. Rodgers 93.8 (Meet the new boss, same as the old boss- Great year)
3. Orton 79.6 (Not great)
4. Orlovsky 72.6 (Not good)

Honorary NFC North QB
Favre 81.0 (Very average in the end)

Zool
12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
T-Jax has improved his decision making. If he can improve his middle-deep accuracy he can be good.

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2008, 07:17 PM
I thought Jackson looked good in week 16. I didn't see him week 15. I thought he regressed badly in this last game. Looked like TJack of old. Only an easy drop on what would have been an easy pick six on one play and/or the falling down of the Giants backup corner against TJack's primary receiver, Berrian, on another play kept his stats mildly impressive. I thought he mostly looked bad.

Rastak
12-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I thought Jackson looked good in week 16. I didn't see him week 15. I thought he regressed badly in this last game. Looked like TJack of old. Only an easy drop on what would have been an easy pick six on one play and/or the falling down of the Giants backup corner against TJack's primary receiver, Berrian, on another play kept his stats mildly impressive. I thought he mostly looked bad.

He had a really nice pass to Wade, throwing across his body while scrambling. He definately didn't have a great game but wasn't terrible. He started slow and mixed in a couple bad throws later in the game. The pick was pretty bad, the Wade catch I mentioned was pretty nice. I'd grade him a 5 on the 1-10 scale last game.

edit: Week 15 he played out of his head. I was certain it wasn't really him.

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2008, 08:56 PM
He had some deer in the headlights looks to him on some of those blitzes, and he also resorted to bad habits. Some side-arm throws. Some throws where he tried to guide the ball too much. Just not impressed. He looked better late, but by the end of the game he wasn't going up against the Giants best on defense.

Rastak
12-29-2008, 09:00 PM
He had some deer in the headlights looks to him on some of those blitzes, and he also resorted to bad habits. Some side-arm throws. Some throws where he tried to guide the ball too much. Just not impressed. He looked better late, but by the end of the game he wasn't going up against the Giants best on defense.

I'm actually watching the game right now (hadn't seen the tv broadcast yet and have been watching for 2 hours). He had several nice throws to Wade actually. Nice throw to Berrian (outside of the long one).

In another thread I mentioned they have to find a better way to cope with these attacking blitzes to beat Philly.

After watching most of the game a second time, I stand by my 5 out of 10. Not a great game, two very bad throws, a couple more not good. A couple nice throws and lots of standard completions. Not great but it got the job done...