PDA

View Full Version : INDY vs MINNESOTA

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Can anybody with NFL Package get this game ?

Did it not sell out again or something ?????????

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm getting it on CBS, it's the regular weekly game. Colts look bad.

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 12:38 PM
AP 8 Rushes 72Yds

GBRulz
09-14-2008, 12:50 PM
I have it on CBS here, too.

Fosco33
09-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't have it either.

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Direct TV has it on channel 58

Tony Oday
09-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Im just glad the Vikings cant score a TD even with a guy that has run for over 100 in the first half!

FavreChild
09-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Colts should put in Sorgi. :lol:

FavreChild
09-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Minny should be up way more than 15-0.

Colts suck.

Hooray! No more Payton Manning commercials.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 03:12 PM

Colts suck.

The colts won, right?...

Rastak
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM

Colts suck.

The colts won, right?...

They did and I have to admit you guys were right. T Jackson does indeed suck.

pbmax
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
What happened to him Ras?

Rastak
09-14-2008, 04:15 PM

He started off fine, had a couple of guys drop balls....hit the TE in the end zone and he dropped it and he sucked the rest of the game. Holds on to the ball WAY to long, misses wide open guys. The Vikes did get completely screwed at the end of the ganme on a non-call pass interfearance but he flat out played poorly the bulk of the game.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Chilly's seat must be turned up a few degrees.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Chilly's seat must be turned up a few degrees.

There's a lot of hard questions that need to be asked in Minnesota about their coaching staff. I don't know of anybody who's actually sold on the Childress-Bevell braintrust on offense. They may also be to blame for not replacing Tarrvaris with a significantly more competent QB.

pbmax
09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I am curious to see the highlights because there were times last week I thought he had come of age, found a rhythm and had sustained accuracy. At the end though he seemed to lose his touch. Haven't seen him enough to say mechanics or emtions failing him.

He started off fine, had a couple of guys drop balls....hit the TE in the end zone and he dropped it and he sucked the rest of the game. Holds on to the ball WAY to long, misses wide open guys. The Vikes did get completely screwed at the end of the ganme on a non-call pass interfearance but he flat out played poorly the bulk of the game.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Carolina comes to the Metrodump next weekend, with an opportunity to pin the Vikes with a 0-3 start. Stick a fork in them time might be here by Halloween with any luck.

run pMc
09-15-2008, 09:49 AM
It seemed to me like TJack got a little rattled by his receivers. Rice got a knee injury, Berrian hasn't shown enough (granted it's only 2 games) to justify the contract, and Shiancoe absolutely killed them with what should have been a routine throw for a TD that would have put them up 10-0. I think that drop especially frustrated TJack. Bobby Wade, Aundrae Allison, and Fergy are going to have trouble picking up the slack.

TJack has moments where he looks really good and then he badly overthrows his receiver. I think he now has 16 starts under his belt, and I'm guessing the MIN staff is just getting an idea of what they have with him. It will be interesting to see if he plays more consistently this year, if MIN starts developing their Booty more, or if they draft another QB.

It's possible that the passing game vs. Indy never really got into a rhythm because they ran the ball so well and so often in the 1st half. Peterson was killing in the first half before Indy adjusted and slowed him down. I think MIN has a must-win game vs. CAR this week. CAR is a tough out and it should be a real physical game and fun to watch.

I am so relieved Rodgers has shown some accuracy, mobility and poise thus far, and hope it's not a fluke. I never want to see another Anthony Dilweg era.

FavreChild
09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Minnesota had no business losing that game. They completely dominated the contest well into the third quarter.

Indy is not a good team. The Packers should expect to win easily against them.

MadScientist
09-15-2008, 10:44 AM

If the Packers played them next week, there would be a very good chance for the Packers winning. However there is enough time for Indy to right ship before the Packers play them.

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2008, 10:52 AM

If the Packers played them next week, there would be a very good chance for the Packers winning. However there is enough time for Indy to right ship before the Packers play them.

Indy was down 4 of their 5 starting OL, their stud TE, and Peyton Manning is still rusty (not to mention their starting DT was cut just before the game). Unfortunately, they'll likely be a lot more formidable when we play them.

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
TJack is just too erratic. He'll make some throws but then badly miss on others. He completes about 10% of his passes over 20 yards. He may not have the best WR corps in the world, but he's gotta start making plays.

Some of the local TV sports guys in MN are saying that if TJack isn't good in the Carolina game that it may be time to pull the plug mid game on the experiment and get someone in that can try and salvage the season. Of course that would involve Chilly saying that he was wrong which is something he desperately does not want to admit.

Pugger
09-15-2008, 02:28 PM
I love seeing the queenies lose, but unfortunately if they REALLY tank this season they just might fire Childress!! :wink:

packers11
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I love seeing the queenies lose, but unfortunately if they REALLY tank this season they just might fire Childress!! :wink:

Or get a really good draft pick and have a chance at drafting a franchise QB...

I hope they go 8-8 just missing the playoffs again...

I want to see T-Jacks back there as long as possible :!:

Guiness
09-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Minni really blew this one. They had Indi on the ropes, but couldn't finish them. Their vaunted D couldn't bring it home. Yes, I know Indi's got a great O, and it's tough to keep it bottled up all game, but geez...

Nice quote by Manning though :
"Our running game is -- it's hard to call it a running game right now," Manning said

He just loves throwing the boys under the bus, doesn't he?

Spaulding
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Heartbreaking lose for the Vikes. Could easily have happened to the Packers if Kitna didn't implode.

AP again looked amazing. If they could develop any type of other offensive consistency this team would be scary.

Unfortunately for Vikes fans, Chilli looks to be an average coach at best and all too rigid in his game plans.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad he didn't make it to Green Bay for an interview.

FavreChild
09-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Indy may improve, but they will still not be an elite team this year. Other teams will improve, too. I have seen a lot of Indy this year already. If they manage to win that division, it will only be by default.

Just like if Minny can learn to frickin' convert on third down, they will improve. But they won't win the NFC.

I'll be honest - I only care 'cause I picked the Vikes in my football pool and those a-holes went and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

boiga
09-15-2008, 03:30 PM
The Minnie D did it's job. They shut out the Colts in the first half. Made a mockery of their attempts to run the football, and gave up less than 20 points.

It's the O that dropped the ball. I mean seriously, FIVE field goals? They couldn't even run the ball successfully in the second half. How's the D supposed to make up for that? (without Charles Woodson on their team, anyways.)

mmmdk
09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
The Minnie D did it's job. They shut out the Colts in the first half. Made a mockery of their attempts to run the football, and gave up less than 20 points.

It's the O that dropped the ball. I mean seriously, FIVE field goals? They couldn't even run the ball successfully in the second half. How's the D supposed to make up for that? (without Charles Woodson on their team, anyways.)

...I think that damn Viking horn finally got to'em! Justice man 8-)

Rastak
09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I think Chilly might finally be realizing he better quit trying to deny he fucked up and fix the issue as best he can.

Funny quote from today:

I’m always looking at what’s giving us the best opportunity to win,” he said. “If it’s Tarvaris, it’s Tarvaris. If it’s Gus Frerotte, it’s Gus Frerotte. J.D. Booty, it’s J.D. Booty. I know I was asked a question yesterday, is that the guy who who’s going to be the quarterback at the end of the week? That’s something that is ongoing. You don’t crown a guy king and then the king doesn’t have any clothes on and you say, ‘Hey, he’s still the king.’ You just need to make sure you’re doing the right thing there. We’re chewing on a bunch of things right now and making sure he’s the best guy for us to go forward.”

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 07:11 PM
I think Chilly might finally be realizing he better quit trying to deny he fucked up and fix the issue as best he can.

Funny quote from today:

I’m always looking at what’s giving us the best opportunity to win,” he said. “If it’s Tarvaris, it’s Tarvaris. If it’s Gus Frerotte, it’s Gus Frerotte. J.D. Booty, it’s J.D. Booty. I know I was asked a question yesterday, is that the guy who who’s going to be the quarterback at the end of the week? That’s something that is ongoing. You don’t crown a guy king and then the king doesn’t have any clothes on and you say, ‘Hey, he’s still the king.’ You just need to make sure you’re doing the right thing there. We’re chewing on a bunch of things right now and making sure he’s the best guy for us to go forward.”

I see he's still a train wreck in front of the microphone.

You guys have your Mike Sherman. Hell, he's not even half as good as Mike Sherman. I don't think you can win with him as coach.

BRING BACK DENNY GREEN!