PDA

View Full Version : 5 sacks, 3 interceptions, 2 returned for TDs

TheCheese
09-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Besides that lapse in the second have where Calvin went off on us, I really liked the way our defense played. Given that it was against the lions we still did a real good job of applying pressure. I think adding the more aggressive play calling really puts the very talented players we have to be put into a position to make more plays and were seeing that happen already.

Hopefully we can stay healthy because if we do top 5 defense is very possible. Especially if Kampman, Woodson and the beast Hawk keep playing the way they do.

mission
09-14-2008, 04:03 PM
That Hawk sack was awesome!

TheCheese
09-14-2008, 04:11 PM
He was great at getting to the QB in college and finally they are starting to use him in that way. Very refreshing to see.

gbpackfan
09-14-2008, 04:13 PM

The Hawk flew into Kitna! Man that was sweet!!!

Iron Mike
09-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Was it after the Hawk sack that Marinara went ballistic while Kitna walked off grimacing???

boiga
09-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't know. The Pack D gave up in the 3rd quarter. Those Calvin Johnson TD's should not have happened.

This happens every lions game though. We get a lead, the D relaxes and let the Lions think they have a shot to win.... and then pulls the rug out from under them, laughing at their presumption.

I'd really prefer if they just kept the high energy through out.

mission
09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
We played an umbrella Nickel/Dime all third quarter... I hate that kind of play calling.

Joemailman
09-14-2008, 04:49 PM

Was it after the Hawk sack that Marinara went ballistic while Kitna walked off grimacing???

No it was after he got hit by Barnett while rolling out to the right side.

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure we let up. Their receiving corps is pretty darn good, and they will make some plays. Luckily, big-time players made big-time plays when it mattered.

Calvin Johnson looked like a freak. He looks like a different guy than last year. I think that injured affected him A LOT more than I thought.

pbmax
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
The corners were in man on each of Johnson's TD catches. Woodson on one and Tramon on the other, I believe.

Packgator
09-14-2008, 04:58 PM

What a play. I'm sure Ray Nitschke was looking down and smiling with approval after that one.

Brohm
09-14-2008, 05:06 PM
The corners were in man on each of Johnson's TD catches. Woodson on one and Tramon on the other, I believe.

Rouse should have had him over the top put took a real bad angle on the TD on CW.

rbaloha1
09-14-2008, 05:11 PM

Rouse should have had him over the top put took a real bad angle on the TD on CW.

Now we know why Bigby starts.

Love the big play mentality of the defense.

WOW!

cpk1994
09-14-2008, 05:36 PM

Was it after the Hawk sack that Marinara went ballistic while Kitna walked off grimacing???Marinara went ballistic after Barnett gave Kitna a forearm to the jaw.

Iron Mike
09-14-2008, 05:43 PM

Was it after the Hawk sack that Marinara went ballistic while Kitna walked off grimacing???Marinara went ballistic after Barnett gave Kitna a forearm to the jaw.

Marinara. LOLZ. :lol:

boiga
09-14-2008, 07:44 PM

On both TD's from what I saw. Rouse took the wrong angle when Calvin beat Tramon and he gave up on the other TD too early becasause he thought C-Wood had it covered. Once Bigby left the game we became susceptible over the middle. They attacked there and profited from it.

Of course, then Woodson and Collins knew where the ball was going and took advantage of it. Nice to Collins get one. Haven't seen that out of him in a loooong time.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 07:51 PM

No. That was Barnett and Jenkins unloading as Kitna released. The reply showed it was a good clean play.