PDA

View Full Version : Break Another Woodson Toe!

The Shadow
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
and next week he'll intercept 4?

BF4MVP
09-14-2008, 04:05 PM
ahahaha well played, shadow 8-)

Yeah Woodson is an absolute STUD..He had as good a game as a corner can have (other than gambling and losing on the Johnson TD) and he had it with a BROKEN TOE..

Amazing..

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I think this week may have something to do with Kitna being a "turnover machine" in the words of Bob McGinn.

gbpackfan
09-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Let's break his neck! Then he'll be unstopable. Oh.....wait.....I might have gotten a little carried away there. :shock:

boiga
09-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Well, he did give up that TD to Calvin Johnson when Rouse gave up on the play thinking Woodson had it covered.

Then he got mad and got the two interceptions. Here's a note to Kitna: Don't get Charles Woodson mad at you.

Also, please give some applause to my man Al Harristoo . He shut down Roy Williams, and all three interceptions were after they gave up on trying to get Williams the ball. Al had a tremendous game today.

Charles Woodson
09-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Well, he did give up that TD to Calvin Johnson when Rouse gave up on the play thinking Woodson had it covered.

Did collins or rouse play more?

mission
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM

Did collins or rouse play more?

Collins. Rouse played for Bigby when he went out.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 04:59 PM
The word on Bigby was just "cramping" right?

gbpackfan
09-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Yup, cramping. I saw him on the Packer Blitz postgame show and he's fine.

And yes, Wood did get beat. But all corners do from time to time. Calvin Johnson is an amazing WR. But it's all about how they respond. Do they have short memories? And C Wood responded HUGE! He's a stud, plain and simple.

bobblehead
09-14-2008, 05:20 PM

Then he got mad and got the two interceptions. Here's a note to Kitna: Don't get Charles Woodson mad at you.

Also, please give some applause to my man Al Harristoo . He shut down Roy Williams, and all three interceptions were after they gave up on trying to get Williams the ball. Al had a tremendous game today.

As usual Al is the stud all game while they pick on woodson. Woodson given enough chances makes a couple picks and is the stud. :(

Seriously they both played well, but I still believe what we said in the other thread. Al is the better shutdown corner, woodson is a better opportunist.

boiga
09-14-2008, 07:39 PM
As usual Al is the stud all game while they pick on woodson. Woodson given enough chances makes a couple picks and is the stud. :(

Seriously they both played well, but I still believe what we said in the other thread. Al is the better shutdown corner, woodson is a better opportunist.

I agree wholeheartedly. I love having both these guys on our team.

Partial
09-14-2008, 08:05 PM

What? Chuck looked far better than Al today imo.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 08:10 PM

Well, since Chuck was on Johnson and Al was on Williams and since Johnson had 6 catches for 129 yards and 2 TDs while Williams had 3 catches for 48 yards and no TDs, I'm not sure I agree.

Partial
09-14-2008, 08:12 PM

Well, since Chuck was on Johnson and Al was on Williams and since Johnson had 6 catches for 129 yards and 2 TDs while Williams had 3 catches for 48 yards and no TDs, I'm not sure I agree.

Calvin Johnson is a freak. He's their #1 option. He played a ridiculous game. Chuck came up with the big plays as well.

TWill had a rough game unfortunately :(

buchunter03
09-14-2008, 08:25 PM
I thought Woodson definitely played better than Harris. One of Johnson's TDs came on Tramon William, not Woodson. Plus Harris is always good for at least 1 pass interference call a game. Woodson also dropped what could have been a third interception early in the game.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Calvin Johnson is a freak. He's their #1 option. He played a ridiculous game. Chuck came up with the big plays as well.

TWill had a rough game unfortunately :(

Oh sure, Johnson is probably a better player going forward for the Lions. But Harris effectively shut his guy down, so it's not clear cut to me who played better today. Harris didn't give up any big plays, but he didn't make any big plays either. Woodson both made and gave up big plays. Who was better? I have no idea, I'm just happy the 1s and 2s played well.

I agree that Tramon didn't have a great game, but I'm not too worried. He's got a good attitude and he's a gamer. He'll bounce back.