PDA

View Full Version : We WILL beat the Cowboys !

mission
09-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Short week for the 'girls, plenty of adjustments for us to make and tons of defensive momentum.

At Lambeau?

I'm calling it 34-31.

Good guys!

BallHawk
09-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Good thing the game is in Green Bay. Favre has never beat the Cowboys at Dallas. Maybe we'll have a shot now.

Brohm
09-14-2008, 05:40 PM
We need to get some people healthy :shock:

mission
09-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Good thing the game is in Green Bay. Favre has never beat the Cowboys at Dallas. Maybe we'll have a shot now.

Yeah, Favre always plays better for us at home. That should make a huge difference this game.

Brett's history at Dallas worries me come playoff time ...

cpk1994
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Good thing the game is in Green Bay. Favre has never beat the Cowboys at Dallas. Maybe we'll have a shot now.Favre is a Jet. What does his lack of wins in Dallas have to do with Rodgers? :oops:

pbmax
09-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Good thing the game is in Green Bay. Favre has never beat the Cowboys at Dallas. Maybe we'll have a shot now.Favre is a Jet. What does his lack of wins in Dallas have to do with Rodgers? :oops:
Residual interceptions.

BF4MVP
09-14-2008, 05:52 PM
I predict we will win as well 8-)

swede
09-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Favre always plays better for us at home. That should make a huge difference this game.

Brett's history in Dallas?...wh-wh-where am I coach? What year is this!?

"Disorientation spins your mind like a Brett Favre spiral and you know you've reached...The Twilight Zone."

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/Rod_Serling1.jpg

texaspackerbacker
09-14-2008, 06:09 PM
This will be the toughest game on the schedule. I wouldn't pick against the Packers in any game, but this one won't be easy. It will take a healthy and inspired defense along with Rodgers continuing like he has started the season. A healthy Grant wouldn't hurt either.

I'll hold off on predicting the score until we get a clearer picture about the health of Grant, Marian Barber, etc.

gbgary
09-14-2008, 06:15 PM
This will be the toughest game on the schedule. I wouldn't pick against the Packers in any game, but this one won't be easy.

NO game this year is gonna be easy. look at today. had one in the bag and let it turn into a nail-biter, actually lost the lead, and came back. we need to be 100% healthy ,and a lot less sloppy, for this game and then we'll still need some luck.

GBRulz
09-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Na, Tex. It's our turn to start owning Dallas for the next decade!

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I will wait to see how I feel after the Cowboys play the Eagles on monday night... the cowboys looked scary from game one, but again.. its just one game

BallHawk
09-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I will wait to see how I feel after the Cowboys play the Eagles on monday night... the cowboys looked scary from game one, but again.. its just one game

And it was against the Minnesota Browns.

pbmax
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Are you taking lessons from Bretsky in jinxing the Pack GB? :lol:

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
It's going to be a damn tough game. That OL is fantastic. Romo is going to have all damn day, plus they can run it.

On offense, I think we'll be able to put up points. I think Dallas has to be considered the favorite, but if we have a great day on ST's and win the turnover battle it could be enough to put us over the top. Plus, they're travelling to our house on a short week after a big division game so maybe we won't get their very best shot. I'm sure it will be a good shot, but we're a good team too and Rodgers is playing out of his head so who knows, right?

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
We have a puncher's chance, just like we had against San Diego last year. We can certainly win this game, but we may not. If we don't, it's not like you have to go 16-0 to win the superbowl, our job at this point is to make the playoffs.

Chevelle2
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Who do we cheer for tomorrow night, or has it no effect on the game you think?

boiga
09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Who do we cheer for tomorrow night, or has it no effect on the game you think? Good question. My natural inclination is to cheer against the 'boys. I also think it's philly's turn to win the NFCE.

However, I don't think I'd want the cowboys coming into Green Bay mad that they gave up a win at home to their conference rival.

It's a hard call.

GBRulz
09-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Are you taking lessons from Bretsky in jinxing the Pack GB? :lol:

I hope not!! I did predict the same season record as I predicted last year, which was 7-9...so I was careful not to jinx that. However, I did predict us to lose at MN and win against the Lions, so I'm kinda like a half ass jinx right now! :wink:

Badgerinmaine
09-14-2008, 08:26 PM

Brett's history in Dallas?...wh-wh-where am I coach? What year is this!?

"Disorientation spins your mind like a Brett Favre spiral and you know you've reached...The Twilight Zone."

:lol: :lol:

No, no, we've gone back a decade in Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine. 8-)

Seems like almost all of the Favre-era Packers-Cowboys were played at Texas Stadium. But, I think Mission's prediction sounds about right.

bobblehead
09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Residual interceptions.

BOMNF

bobblehead
09-14-2008, 09:51 PM
anyone motivated enough to research the last 3 games dallas played at lambeau?? I think 2 games ago was the icebowl....man they really didn't want to come back after that huh?

Partial
09-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Wasn't there a fight on one, on a monday night game?

gbgary
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
i think we beat them in '89 and '96 in GB.

cpk1994
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
i think we beat them in '89 and '96 in GB.Try 89, '97 and 2004.

MadtownPacker
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
i think we beat them in '89 and '96 in GB.YOu guys are forgetting the stomping in 2004 at GB, Packers 40 pukes 21.

I agree better to play them coming off a win. Battle of 2 & 0s has a nice ring to it anyways.

gbgary
09-14-2008, 10:08 PM
i think we beat them in '89 and '96 in GB.YOu guys are forgetting the stomping in 2004 at GB, Packers 40 pukes 21.

I agree better to play them coming off a win. Battle of 2 & 0s has a nice ring to it anyways.

yes...2004. geesh! :roll:

Packers4Ever
09-14-2008, 10:09 PM

HEY YA, GBR !! Their decade is over, ours starts NOW !! :alc:

MJZiggy
09-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Are you referring to your decade of rehab? :lol:

gbgary
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM

yup '97. i was thinking it was the SB year. thanks.

oregonpackfan
09-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Though I always hope for a Packers win, I would much rather see the Packers beat the Cowboys at the end of the season or during the playoffs.

Though starting off at 2-0 is great, they still have to work on:

1. consistent run-blocking

2. reduce penalties, especially on special teams

3. improve pass coverage by the secondary

I don't know if the Packers, overall, are good enough to beat the Cowboys at this time of the season. We need to remember they are the youngest team in the NFL and young players tend to make more mistakes. A full season will mature them so that they will be more prepared when the playoffs come around.

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2008, 11:38 PM

yup '97. i was thinking it was the SB year. thanks.

It was the year we lost the Super Bowl. We crushed them. The year before (Super Bowl victory year), we had a ton of injuries and got dominated by the Cowboys.

Gunakor
09-14-2008, 11:44 PM
i think we beat them in '89 and '96 in GB.Try 89, '97 and 2004.\

Dallas has NEVER beat Green Bay at Lambeau in the history of thier franchise, have they? I don't think they have. And I don't expect history to be made next weekend.

boiga
09-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Other than winning, my one wish for this game is that Al Harris intercepts a pass to T.O.

Do you realize that if he does, every single member of our starting secondary will have caught an interception this season? It's Al's turn. Come on football gods, he deserves it.

Bossman641
09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I sure hope we beat the Cowboys.

I'm a little nervous about the secondary though.

Remember the game last year? TO in motion nearly every play so Al couldn't get a jam on him. I'm thinking we would be better off putting Woodson on TO, and roll a little coverage his way. Al should be able to handle Crayton.

mmmdk
09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
...yeah beat da bears...no bears? What week is this??? :?:

boiga
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM

Remember the game last year? TO in motion nearly every play so Al couldn't get a jam on him. I'm thinking we would be better off putting Woodson on TO, and roll a little coverage his way. Al should be able to handle Crayton. Won't work. Especially with Woodson having a bum toe. Al is physically the better matchup against TO, he just needs to avoid getting too hyped up about this game. Having Woodon on the field will make a big difference, though, because it will allow Collins help contain T.O. without having to worry as much about the liability that Bush was on the other sideline last year. Crayton and Hurd will be almost afterthoughts with Woodson on the field.

However, Witten will be as big of a threat as T.O. if we can't hold their run game. But, if we get Bigby back, I'm not going to be worried about our secondary. He's become a much better player and will help against Witten strong TE's over the course of the season. Rouse was nursing a sprained ankle against Detroit and looked awful, so we need Atari to play.

Bossman641
09-15-2008, 04:53 PM

Remember the game last year? TO in motion nearly every play so Al couldn't get a jam on him. I'm thinking we would be better off putting Woodson on TO, and roll a little coverage his way. Al should be able to handle Crayton. Won't work. Especially with Woodson having a bum toe. Al is physically the better matchup against TO, he just needs to avoid getting too hyped up about this game. Having Woodon on the field will make a big difference, though, because it will allow Collins help contain T.O. without having to worry as much about the liability that Bush was on the other sideline last year. Crayton and Hurd will be almost afterthoughts with Woodson on the field.

However, Witten will be as big of a threat as T.O. if we can't hold their run game. But, if we get Bigby back, I'm not going to be worried about our secondary. He's become a much better player and will help against Witten strong TE's over the course of the season. Rouse was nursing a sprained ankle against Detroit and looked awful, so we need Atari to play.

I don't necessarily agree. Al's game is physically dominating the other WR. TO is one of a handufl of WR's in the league who are too big for Harris to do this too. Once TO gets by the jam he is much too quick for Harris. I think Woodson's athleticism matches up better with TO then Al's strength.

mission
09-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Wasn't Woodson out last year against the 'Gals?

VegasPackFan
09-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Woodson was out for the last game against them, yes.

Remember that the 'girls players have all been saying that the only reason AirRod carved them up last year was because the didnt game plan for him. Lets see what happens.

I predict a high scoring game. We have too many weapons at this point, but so far it looks like Romo can just sit behind that line all day.

boiga
09-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't necessarily agree. Al's game is physically dominating the other WR. TO is one of a handufl of WR's in the league who are too big for Harris to do this too. Once TO gets by the jam he is much too quick for Harris. I think Woodson's athleticism matches up better with TO then Al's strength.

I'm actually kind of curious who would have the better 40 time between Al and Chuck.... not that it's all that relevant considering the true test would be their 40 time with the starting blocks facing the wrong direction.

In any case, according to the defensive backs coach, Harris is currently faster than he was 3 years ago. Wood has that bum toe that he's playing through. It's not hurting him much, but it was a factor in that TD Johnson burned him for yesterday. That's why I say that Al is physically the better match up right now.

I understand your point about strength with guys like TO and Plax, but I'm not sure that's the real factor. It's more the moves/experience of the WR that can get them around ANY press corner in the game. However, those moves come at the cost of speed down the field.

Take Roy Williams. He's a big strong receiver but the one time on Sunday that he pulled off a move to get him around Harris' press coverage, he was 10 yards slower than his usual timing and Kitna over threw him. After that, he never got around Harris again and Al knocked down two passes headed that direction. He only managed 2 passes for twenty some yards when Harris was on the field.

So, the method to stop TO is to have Al slow him at the line of scrimmage consistently enough that he's not where he is supposed to be when Romo makes his reads. Have safety help over the top, and consistent pressure on Romo so that he doesn't have time to let Owens use those "stop-fade" routes where he falls backwards or out of bounds for a purposefully underthrown pass.

With Woodson freeing up the safety and KGB healthy enough to put Romo on notice, Harris can win the battle against TO.

I'm more worried about Witten really.

mission
09-15-2008, 05:32 PM
In any case, according to the defensive backs coach, Harris is currently faster than he was 3 years ago. Wood has that bum toe that he's playing through. It's not hurting him much, but it was a factor in that TD Johnson burned him for yesterday. That's why I say that Al is physically the better match up right now..

Really? How do you know that it was a factor on the play he got "burned" on ...

Jennings BURNED his dude yesterday on that double move, out and up... Johnson did NOT burn Woodson on the inside. Wood took a chance, was inches away from the breakup and missed. He's SO close on it.

I hardly look at that replay and say "wow, you can tell Woodson's toe is hurting him. Clearly a factor! Clearly!"

Did he say he would have had the INT in that situation if his toe had been feeling better? I might have missed that post-game interview ...

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2008, 05:34 PM
This game comes down to one thing: pressure. We need to apply it on Romo. We also need Rodgers and the OL (RBs and TEs included) to do a great job determining who is blitzing in Dallas' 3-4 blitz scheme.

rbaloha1
09-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Should be a tough game.

The key is to pressure Romo and control Barber. The Packer offense needs to continue its good pass protection and isolate Roy Williams in coverage.

boiga
09-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Did he say he would have had the INT in that situation if his toe had been feeling better? I might have missed that post-game interview ... Not exactly. He said that he should have made the interception and he leaped too early. He thought he had it, and he'll be dreaming about that one later.

To me, that at minimum insinuates that his body was a fraction of a second slower than he is accustomed. I'm not bashing Woodson, as he plays a great game. But he is playing through the pain.

And Harris is a beast as a press corner. He kept kept Roy Williams to 2 receptions and 25 yards. If given the support, he can get the job done.

gbgary
09-15-2008, 10:22 PM
This will be the toughest game on the schedule. I wouldn't pick against the Packers in any game, but this one won't be easy.

NO game this year is gonna be easy. look at today. had one in the bag and let it turn into a nail-biter, actually lost the lead, and came back. we need to be 100% healthy ,and a lot less sloppy for this game, and then we'll still need some luck.

one more thing...the way we're playing and the way mm seems to lock-up mentally sometimes, i think we get killed by dallas...again.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Who the hell is going to cover Jason Witten.

gbgary
09-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Who the hell is going to cover Jason Witten.

he has to be harrassed and not allowed to run free. hawk did ok last game but could have used some help. al did great against owens until dallas adjusted and put owens in motion the remainder of the game. then it got ugly.

mission
09-15-2008, 11:04 PM
with all the TV banter about how this game (monday night) was like the super bowl and the greatest teams and blah blah blah, you kind of have to expect a let down sunday night.

i stand by my thread!!

The Gunshooter
09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
If GB can score 50 who cares who covers Whitey?

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 11:22 PM

Jordy, or Witten?

oregonpackfan
09-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Both the Cowboys and Eagles looked pretty strong tonight.

The Packers had better be prepared and limit their mistakes. In addition, the receivers need to be more consistent in catching the ball. There were way too many dropped passes against the Lions.

mission
09-15-2008, 11:23 PM
There sure wasn't much defense tonight ...

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 11:26 PM

That's a good thing for us. Stuff to exploit should show up on game tape.

mission
09-15-2008, 11:29 PM

Indeed. Part of me wants to say I have a false sense of reality, the other part just really thinks we have a good ball club that's only going to be getting better (turning to 'great').

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 11:32 PM

Indeed. Part of me wants to say I have a false sense of reality, the other part just really thinks we have a good ball club that's only going to be getting better (turning to 'great').

We may have a pretty good read on the team next Sunday night - a great benchmark game. For both teams.

BallHawk
09-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Man, I am really looking forward to this game. Sunday Night, National TV, arguably the two best teams in the NFC going head-to-head at Lambeau. It'll be a great game, regardless.

One thing I'm certain of is that we will meet the Cowboys again this season after this game. In the playoffs. That's my NFC Championship game prediction.

For Brett's sake, let's hope we have homefield advantage.

MadtownPacker
09-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Man, I am really looking forward to this game. Sunday Night, National TV, arguably the two best teams in the NFC going head-to-head at Lambeau. It'll be a great game, regardless.

One thing I'm certain of is that we will meet the Cowboys again this season after this game. In the playoffs. That's my NFC Championship game prediction.

For Brett's sake, let's hope we have homefield advantage.WTF does that have to do with anything?

oregonpackfan
09-15-2008, 11:45 PM
For Brett's sake, let's hope we have homefield advantage.

News Flash! Brett Favre is no longer the quarterback of the Green Bay Packers!
The guy sitting on the bench the past three years has taken over.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Uh oh BallHawk. He's pissed. You better jet.

gbgary
09-15-2008, 11:48 PM
:lol:

Pugger
09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
If our line can give Aaron time to throw and we can run just enough to keep the girls' defense honest I like our chances. I think the girls' D has holes! The iggles had a chance to beat the cowpies last night until Westbrook fumbled late in the 4th. McNabb's elusiveness gave Dallas fits. :)

The Gunshooter
09-16-2008, 12:32 AM

Jordy, or Witten?

Whitten. He is too slow to be more than a nuisance.

vince
09-16-2008, 08:54 AM
The Packers will score points. The question is, will the defense be able to hold the boys?

Much like last year, the defense will win or lose this game IMO. The Boys won't be easy to slow down..

3irty1
09-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Harris struggled against T.O. last year but had that should-be interception gone his way that he wrestled away from T.O. we'd all be talking about how effective he was. The important thing is that if T.O. starts getting out of hand that Bob Sanders make the adjustment and not continue to leave Al on an island.

gbgary
09-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Harris struggled against T.O. last year but had that should-be interception gone his way that he wrestled away from T.O. we'd all be talking about how effective he was. The important thing is that if T.O. starts getting out of hand that Bob Sanders make the adjustment and not continue to leave Al on an island.

i thought al did fine until dallas adjusted and put in him motion, or in the slot, or off the line, to avoid al's contact. he's got to be doubled. whitten can't be allowed to run without a jam either.

Guiness
09-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I also think we'll score.

Key will be our DL against that huge Cowboys line. They said last night that they average 327.4lb!!! Wow. Flozel looked fabulous, absolutely smothering his guy every time I watched him. Eagles threw the kitchen sink at Romo last night to rush him and it did seem to get to him. But only when they blitzed; they didn't seem to get any pressure at all with the down linemen.

re: Whitten
Our safety play from Bigby and Collins will be key to him, and I think it will prove important. Problem it creates is that having the safety watching the middle of the field for Whitten makes it tough to give help over the top on TO.

b bulldog
09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
imo, the only hope we have is the Boys suffereing a letdown after Monday night's game

Lurker64
09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
imo, the only hope we have is the Boys suffereing a letdown after Monday night's game

I don't know. Seeing how a depleted Philadelphia receiving corps (they were missing their #1 and #2) could run around against that defense, I expect that the Packers can keep pace in a shootout. Then it's just a coin flip, basically.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2008, 10:21 PM

"Only hope" is pretty strong language.

As far as established stars are concerned, Dallas has more than the Packers. I don't see the Packers as an inferior team to Dallas or anybody, though. Do you?

It will take a mistake free effort by Rodgers, some shoring up of the leaks that were sprung in the 3rd Quarter Sunday, and hopefully, Grant getting closer to full speed. With those things, I'd pick the Packers even if the Cowboys are playing at a normal high level. Of course, that doesn't always happen. Romo is Favre-like in the best sense, and also the worst sense, and their defense, like our own, occasionally blows coverages or whatever, and gives up big plays.

Home field advantage will finally be in our favor, and that could be enough in a game between two teams VERY close quality-wise.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 10:37 PM

I don't know. Seeing how a depleted Philadelphia receiving corps (they were missing their #1 and #2) could run around against that defense, I expect that the Packers can keep pace in a shootout. Then it's just a coin flip, basically.

They have westbrook...we have an injured Grant.

Big advantage to the iggles.

Lurker64
09-16-2008, 10:39 PM

They had DeSean Jackson, Greg Lewis, and Jason Avant. We have Driver, Jennings, and Jones/Martin/Nelson.

Big advantage Packers?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 10:43 PM

They had DeSean Jackson, Greg Lewis, and Jason Avant. We have Driver, Jennings, and Jones/Martin/Nelson.

Big advantage Packers?

Big...nah, advantage yes. I'm of the opinion that jackson is already their best WR....i'm in pac 10 country....guy was awesome for cal.

Just saying..in a shootout...westbrook is huge...and we aren't a great blocking team..and our best back is injured.

Not saying we can't win.

mission
09-16-2008, 11:34 PM

Big advantage Packers?

Big...nah, advantage yes. I'm of the opinion that jackson is already their best WR....i'm in pac 10 country....guy was awesome for cal.

Just saying..in a shootout...westbrook is huge...and we aren't a great blocking team..and our best back is injured.

Not saying we can't win.

Yeah but I think our defense is far better than the Eagles ... we will force some turnovers for sure.

TennesseePackerBacker
09-16-2008, 11:41 PM
The Packers have a lot of advantages going in to this game when you break it down.

1. Cowboys travel to Lambeau after having a short-week of game-prep.
2. They had a very physical and draining game with the Eagles, it took every thing they had that game for a win, and they didn't come out unscathed or mentally drained.
3. Terrance Newman looked rusty, Pacman still does, Anthony Henry's biggest problem is getting beat deep, and Roy Williams is out(save the bad coverage line). If the Packers O-line can win the point of attack the majority of the time I see the Packers putting up 30+ easily.
4. The Packers should have all their starters in-tact(Bigby? Wells?), while Dallas is without 2 on defense (Spencer and Williams), 1 on the O-line(Kosier), and their 3 and 4 wideouts hurt.
5. The Packers D-line matches up well with the monsterous Cowboys O line, both Pickett and Jolly are massive bodies, Jenkins is big for an end, and our other needs no explanation.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if the Packers win, they have a lot going for them coming in to this match-up.

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Just remember: Terrell Owens is 3-9 in his career against Green Bay. He's 0-6 at Lambeau. Keep him winless!
:D

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 01:06 AM

Big advantage Packers?

Not saying we can't win.

Agreed shootout. But if, a big if, that Pack wins are we the best team in the NFL? Serious questions to consider but damn if I ain't glued to that game. Can't wait.

Partial
09-18-2008, 01:15 AM

Donovan McNabb.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 01:25 AM

Donovan McNabb.

Wow. Hope you aren't saying Arod can't toss 'em deep and elude a rush for 3 quarters. This will be a shootout too.

MadtownPacker
09-18-2008, 02:26 AM
But if, a big if, that Pack wins are we the best team in the NFL?I have to say yes.

This is a bigtime match up and I think it is very balanced. Romo is not much better, if it all, than Rodgers. Both can run. owens and witten dont top the Packs WRs. Barber is better than Grant, maybe even when healthy. Packers defense is way more consistent than theirs.

I think home field advantage will prove to be the deciding factor.

MadtownPacker
09-18-2008, 02:29 AM

Donovan McNabb.McNabb was good until the end of the 4th quarter when he ran out of gas like he did in the Superbowl. I dont see ARod getting winded. Doesnt seem to take anything out of him when he breaks off runs.

TheCheese
09-18-2008, 02:50 AM
But if, a big if, that Pack wins are we the best team in the NFL?I have to say yes.

This is a bigtime match up and I think it is very balanced. Romo is not much better, if it all, than Rodgers. Both can run. owens and witten dont top the Packs WRs. Barber is better than Grant, maybe even when healthy. Packers defense is way more consistent than theirs.

I think home field advantage will prove to be the deciding factor.

Takes some cajones to say that, but I agree with you. Watching his games at Cal, the most impressive thing about Rodgers, yeah hes got all the physical skills you could ask for, but it is his even keeled nature and the ability to remain cool and collected. Romo gets very rattled some times in big games and can throw a pick or three, hopefully we can take full advantage of that if it happens.

Man sunday could not come soon enough.

Partial
09-18-2008, 09:27 AM

Donovan McNabb.McNabb was good until the end of the 4th quarter when he ran out of gas like he did in the Superbowl. I dont see ARod getting winded. Doesnt seem to take anything out of him when he breaks off runs.

That's true, but A-Rod isn't on Donnie's level yet. Donnie is playing like an MVP again. It's amazing how many years he starts out just incredible and gets hurt.

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 10:00 AM
That's true, but A-Rod isn't on Donnie's level yet. Donnie is playing like an MVP again. It's amazing how many years he starts out just incredible and gets hurt.

He didn't play like an MVP when the game was on the line.

Pacopete4
09-18-2008, 10:06 AM
McRib will be hurt again in a couple weeks because the man still hasn't learned that the QB position means u stay in the pocket and throw on rhythm.. he'd rather scramble and make some crazy ass play that looks sweet than to actually run an offense the way its supposed to be done. My theory is that he only can read the defense so well and once he gets lost in his reads he takes off and buys time until hopefully someone gets open.

arcilite
09-18-2008, 10:46 AM
McRib will be hurt again in a couple weeks because the man still hasn't learned that the QB position means u stay in the pocket and throw on rhythm.. he'd rather scramble and make some crazy ass play that looks sweet than to actually run an offense the way its supposed to be done. My theory is that he only can read the defense so well and once he gets lost in his reads he takes off and buys time until hopefully someone gets open.

Did you not watch the cowboys game?

Mcnabb rarely scrambled

Pacopete4
09-18-2008, 11:05 AM
bullshit he didnt... he rarely 3 of 5 step and threw..

arcilite
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Mcnabb

37 pass attempts

5 carries

yes.... he ran the ball almost every play.

Pacopete4
09-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Mcnabb

37 pass attempts

5 carries

thats not what I was sayin at all......... are u serious?

arcilite
09-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Mcnabb

37 pass attempts

5 carries

thats not what I was sayin at all......... are u serious?
then clarify for me

unless you mean he runs around the pocket like a madman and then throws the ball...because he rarely did that.

Guiness
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM

Did you not watch the cowboys game?

Mcnabb rarely scrambled
I noticed a difference too. When he did scramble, it was as a last resort, still looking as he started to move forward instead of tucking the ball in. He also didn't 'finish' his runs, sliding at least once. A very different running style than he showed a couple of years ago, when you had to have an LB spying on him.

Saw another QB run, then drop a shoulder instead of stepping out of bounds this week-end, but can't remember who it was. D. Anderson maybe?

texaspackerbacker
09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
McNabb plays like a Favre wannabe. He makes big plays, and he makes big blunders.

The differences between McNabb and Favre, though, is that McNabb has a history of getting injured--missing games and/or playing WORSE when he's hurt AND McNabb, while I wouldn't quite label him a chronic choker, doesn't quite seem to have the Favre knack of coming through when the game is on the line.

How did the thread get off on McNabb anyway? It's Romo we are playing against. He, too, plays a little bit like Favre--super quality, but too many blunders. Hopefully we will see some of those on Sunday. One thing about Romo, though, unlike McNabb, he DOES tend to come through when the game is on the line.

And then we have Aaron Rodgers, who shows signs of being more steady and consistent than any of the other three I mentioned. The history on that, however, is too short to be over confident. And we really don't know one way or the other about the game-on-the-line pressure thing.

I think the Packers win because 1. we are at home, and 2. we are actually a BETTER team with Rodgers at QB than with Favre there..

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I think the Packers win because 1. we are at home, and 2. we are actually a BETTER team with Rodgers at qb THAN WITH fAVRE.

I think you might be right because of Rodger's mobility and consistency. But Favre for sure is an excellent QB, so they are more likely to be similar than one clearly better, and certainly too soon to give Rodgers the crown.

The Shadow
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I think Rodgers will be fine. He, so far, has avoided the costly mistakes that hurt, and that bodes well. He is a young qb, so it won't be a shock if this game results in more of an early test.
Much more worrisome for me is Al Harris, who was sliced, diced, roasted and toasted by Owens (and Plaxico) in huge games last year.
If he fails again this time, I don't see the Packers winning.

gex
09-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Pack 35 Cowgirls 31
A little to high scoring for my taste but I think A-rod comes into his own and shows that he is a ready for prime time player(stepping out of Favres shadow if you will) I think their offense burns us once or twice, but our de holds in the end. :D

Partial
09-19-2008, 01:23 AM

Well, neither did Tom Brady last year, LT the year prior, Peyton Manning the year before, etc.

mission
09-19-2008, 01:32 AM

Well, neither did Tom Brady last year, LT the year prior, Peyton Manning the year before, etc.

I think he's saying: McNabb really didn't play like an MVP at the end of the game. It wasn't simply a matter of the final result, and not getting it done ... it was more like "wow, he looks like a rookie all of a sudden". Like he just got nervous and broke down, became a different QB because all game he was shredding it up.

Isn't McNabb the dude who threw up on the field from nervousness? lol

TennesseePackerBacker
09-19-2008, 02:03 AM

McNabb played at no great level for the last two weeks, I guess it's going to take a big win by Rodgers for you to quit sucking ever other quaterbacks dick. I've never seen so much Favre love spread out from one player to the whole league, you might as well be John Madden Partial. Maybe noone else will call you out on it but I will. You're going to have a lot of crow to eat once Rodgers fills the interception happy shoes of Favre. I for one, am so happy I don't have to watch a game and worry about someone giving it away.

th87
09-19-2008, 04:02 AM
Was watching some Romo dropbacks in comparison to Rodgers'.

Romo consistently has over 4, sometimes 5 seconds to throw the ball behind that mammoth line. Rodgers gets the ball out usually in two seconds or so, and if he doesn't, the defensive linemen are already moving in on him.

I wonder what it would be like to have that line!

Even so, Romo's an excellent quarterback. He does get rattled if defenders can get to him, but he's so elusive and seems to have excellent field vision to find the open man. Where did they find this guy?

As for Rodgers, I'm very happy with what I'm seeing. I hope he continues to grow and is given the time and protection to do so optimally.

privatepacker
09-19-2008, 07:27 AM
This mornings Dallas paper had 5 of the 8 sport reporters picking Green Bay over the Cowboys. I was surprised to say the least.

Zool
09-19-2008, 07:51 AM
This mornings Dallas paper had 5 of the 8 sport reporters picking Green Bay over the Cowboys. I was surprised to say the least.

Its actually pretty typical. Look how many JSO writers picked the Vikes to beat the Packers IN GB opening night. Its somehow become cool to be disillusioned with your hometown team instead of honest and at the very least unbiased.

Fritz
09-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Whether Romo is a great or a good QB is up for debate, but there is no question he has more time to throw than probably any other QB in the league. He's got time to eat a sandwich back there and look over the whole field three or four times and still make a throw.

texaspackerbacker
09-19-2008, 08:42 AM

Its actually pretty typical. Look how many JSO writers picked the Vikes to beat the Packers IN GB opening night. Its somehow become cool to be disillusioned with your hometown team instead of honest and at the very least unbiased.

Maybe the Dallas writers--like the JS writers--are a bunch of outsiders with no particular loyalty to the home team. That "cool to be disillusioned with your hometown team" mentality seems to afflict some fans in this forum too.

Aside from that possibility, though, Dallas, great as they are, is vulnerable in some areas. Their DBs aren't that great, and when they compensate with zones, they leave themselves open in other areas. Also, the fact that their D Line is loaded with speed rushers kind of opens them up to the run. They have super talent on offense, but they have a QB who does occasionally screw up--a familiar situation for Packer fans for the last 15 or so years.

It won't be easy, but the Packers could/should win--assuming Rodgers doesn't pick this for his first bad game and assuming our pass defense doesn't fail miserably.

Zool
09-19-2008, 09:00 AM

Maybe the Dallas writers--like the JS writers--are a bunch of outsiders with no particular loyalty to the home team. That "cool to be disillusioned with your hometown team" mentality seems to afflict some fans in this forum too.

Aside from that possibility, though, Dallas, great as they are, is vulnerable in some areas. Their DBs aren't that great, and when they compensate with zones, they leave themselves open in other areas. Also, the fact that their D Line is loaded with speed rushers kind of opens them up to the run. They have super talent on offense, but they have a QB who does occasionally screw up--a familiar situation for Packer fans for the last 15 or so years.

It won't be easy, but the Packers could/should win--assuming Rodgers doesn't pick this for his first bad game and assuming our pass defense doesn't fail miserably.

This is the reason for doubt in my mind. The Lions scored 2TD's very easily against a soft man coverage. Romo, TO and Whitten would eat that coverage alive.

Also Dallas plays a 3-4. We all know what happens against a 3-4.

boiga
09-19-2008, 10:32 AM

That's actually the ratio I'm seeing across the interweb. Florio likes us, Dr. Z likes us, Silver likes, Schein likes us, Jamie Dukes etc. We're surprisingly popular among the pundits for a team with few household names. Even the guys who are picking the Cowboys are calling it a one score game.

I'm not sure I like being so popular. It reminds me of the preseason trophies being awarded to the Vikings. It's going to get even worse if we manage to pull this one out.

boiga
09-19-2008, 10:39 AM
assuming our pass defense doesn't fail miserably.

This is the reason for doubt in my mind. The Lions scored 2TD's very easily against a soft man coverage. Romo, TO and Whitten would eat that coverage alive.

Our coverage unit is going to be the most vital matchup in this game, and I like our chances.

Here's what Harris had to say about what they are cooking up: "I can say this: I think this is a much better game-plan (this week)," Harris said. "This is the best game-plan that we've had since I've been here, in this scheme. I honestly think that. And you can quote me on that. After the game, you won't even say anything. You'll just smile and know what I'm talking about." (http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers//305527)

That's got me extremely curious. We have the personnel to clamp down on this offense, we just need to manage the consistency. I this could be a statement game for our secondary.

mission
09-20-2008, 05:43 PM
WE WILL BEAT THE COWBOYS!

Charles Woodson
09-20-2008, 05:58 PM
I hope we blow the shit outta the cowboys... Im so sick of every damn reporter on espn counting the packers out

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

Dallas Cowboys (2-0) at Green Bay Packers (2-0), 8:15 p.m. ET

Make no mistake. The Cowboys are going to come after Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers early and often. For the past two games, defensive end Greg Ellis has been asked to drop back in coverage a lot more than usual. That's not going to happen against Rogers. It also helps the Cowboys that Terence Newman appears to be close to full strength. The Packers' receivers are the best in the league at running after the catch.

The Cowboys will try to put pressure on the Packers' secondary from the opening snap. This might sound like NFC East bias, but I smell a blowout. On paper, this is an unbelievable matchup.

But there's no way the Packers can hang with the Cowboys in a shootout, and that's what's going to happen. The Cowboys have some tape on Rodgers now. They played against him last season, and Rodgers played well in relief of an injured Brett Favre. Cowboys roll in this one.

NFC east bias? more like this guy doesnt follow football. I mean as long as AL does a good job on TO and our line holds together we'll be fine. I mean the game is in GB.. Sorry just had to vent

gbgary
09-20-2008, 06:20 PM
...assuming Rodgers doesn't pick this for his first bad game and assuming our pass defense doesn't fail miserably.

they're going to come after AR so MM needs to call plays that are quick developing. AR has good legs and he'll be using them big time.

mission
09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
...assuming Rodgers doesn't pick this for his first bad game and assuming our pass defense doesn't fail miserably.

they're going to come after AR so MM needs to call plays that are quick developing. AR has good legs and he'll be using them big time.

that just means more opportunities for big plays... we're gonna have to capitalize, nothing is automatic, but i trust we'll get some big strikes if they're sending extra guys at A-Rod...

I did mention that i felt a team (3-4 even) would take a page out of the 49ers playbook and that could cause some confusion. i think we're ready though... a-rod is ready to do this.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Ty says the 'boys win.

Partial
09-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I think the 'Boys win big. I hope I'm wrong. It will be a big test for A-Rod and our defense and I hope they pass with an A. I hope Marion doesn't rush 150 against us. He's nasty and phenomenal.

Chevelle2
09-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Teams that win an MNF game, then go on the road the next week:

Win 14% of the time.

According to Inside the NFL

bobblehead
09-21-2008, 12:27 AM
assuming our pass defense doesn't fail miserably.

Our coverage unit is going to be the most vital matchup in this game, and I like our chances.

Here's what Harris had to say about what they are cooking up: "I can say this: I think this is a much better game-plan (this week)," Harris said. "This is the best game-plan that we've had since I've been here, in this scheme. I honestly think that. And you can quote me on that. After the game, you won't even say anything. You'll just smile and know what I'm talking about." (http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers//305527)

That's got me extremely curious. We have the personnel to clamp down on this offense, we just need to manage the consistency. I this could be a statement game for our secondary.

This actually scares me a bit...I think gimmicky when players talk like this, and gimmicks don't win in the NFL. On the other hand I don't like our bend and then break defense...its good against bad teams while you wait for mistakes, but a strong offense eats it alive.

My key to the game is clock management and keeping their defense on the field....we need a running game and we need a lot of short completions. We need our defense on the sidelines and fresh while their offense is out of rythem...that is the key to winning.

SnakeLH2006
09-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Teams that win an MNF game, then go on the road the next week:

Win 14% of the time.

According to Inside the NFL

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8026/cccccccccccuo2.gif