PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Grant?

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Is he hurt?

gbpackfan
09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
It's obvious they are being cautious with his hamstring. He didn't have a very big work load today and he didn't do all that much when he had the ball. My guess, he'll be fine. I hope.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks. I didn't hear any commentary on it during the game, and wondered if the local radio guys may have shed more light on it.

Brohm
09-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Still nursing a sore hamstring.

I think someone else mentioned in another thread that when Grant was in, they were keying on the run. Given that, it doesnt surprise me his YPC was low. If healthy and getting 25 carries, I'm sure he would have rripped of a couple nice runs at some point. His play time was just a bit sporadic today. Guessing just enough to get him some PT and knock the rust off, yet not too much as to reaggravate the hammy.

rbaloha1
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Obviously Grant's hamstring is still bothersome.

Jackson and Lumpkin can carry the load. Jackson showed the ability to locate the hole and explode.

Lumpkin continues to impress -- definate keeper.

texaspackerbacker
09-14-2008, 06:03 PM
A much better game for Jackson--I'm glad to be wrong--to the extent that I dissed him.

I, too, think Grant will be OK--hopefully in time for the Cowboys game, as he still is head and shoulders better than anybody else when he's anywhere near full speed.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Still nursing a sore hamstring.

I think someone else mentioned in another thread that when Grant was in, they were keying on the run. Given that, it doesnt surprise me his YPC was low. If healthy and getting 25 carries, I'm sure he would have rripped of a couple nice runs at some point. His play time was just a bit sporadic today. Guessing just enough to get him some PT and knock the rust off, yet not too much as to reaggravate the hammy.

If he wasn't healthy....he shouldn't be out there for 15 carries.

15 carries is more than enough to rip off a good run or two..especially against a crappy run defense. He did more in less against the Vikes.

Whatever the issue...15 carries is quite a bit.

swede
09-14-2008, 06:11 PM
If he wasn't healthy....he shouldn't be out there for 15 carries.

QFT

NOTHING strains a hammy like doing what a running back does.

He should stay out until healthy. Hammies ain't better until they're ALL better.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 06:18 PM
I think part of it was... McCarthy's dumbass running every first down with Grant... the Lions made sure they came out and stopped the run today because of last week and for some reason McCarthy thought it was wise to run EVER FIRST DOWN... pretty poor coaching today I think, sometimes you just have so much more talent that u don't lose

gbgary
09-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I think part of it was... McCarthy's dumbass running every first down...

was that crazy or what?? talk about being predictable. it was like only getting two plays to get a first-down. :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I think part of it was... McCarthy's dumbass running every first down with Grant... the Lions made sure they came out and stopped the run today because of last week and for some reason McCarthy thought it was wise to run EVER FIRST DOWN... pretty poor coaching today I think, sometimes you just have so much more talent that u don't lose

Like Bjack? Right. :oops:

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM

was that crazy or what?? talk about being predictable. it was like only getting two plays to get a first-down. :roll:

Of 23 runs.. 17 of them were on 1st down... absolutely redic...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-14-2008, 06:41 PM

Yeah, dammit Mccarthy. Fucking idiot. Prolly the only coach in the NFL who likes to run on first down. Fuck him for trying to establish the run against a team who gave up 300 yards rushing to a team with a rookie QB. Guy is moron. Needs to be canned.

Brohm
09-14-2008, 07:23 PM
That's what I meant about sporadic with Grant. After he had the 1st down runs, they pulled him for BJax each set of downs. Hard to get a rhythm going if your yanked all the time. Every time he was pulled he had a "WTF" look on his face :P

Partial
09-14-2008, 08:13 PM
He looked slow today. Very slow.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 08:15 PM

Yeah, dammit Mccarthy. Fucking idiot. Prolly the only coach in the NFL who likes to run on first down. Fuck him for trying to establish the run against a team who gave up 300 yards rushing to a team with a rookie QB. Guy is moron. Needs to be canned.

Predictable football is stupid.. don't know how else to say it.. but if you need a visual, see the Vikings games

Joemailman
09-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't always agree with the MM's playcalling, but I didn't always agree with Holmgren's playcalling either. Two thoughts. First, the Packers offense produced 34 points today despite the predictable playcalling, plus 7 dropped passes. Second, the Packers are 19-3 in their last 22 regular season games with MM calling the plays.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't always agree with the MM's playcalling, but I didn't always agree with Holmgren's playcalling either. Two thoughts. First, the Packers offense produced 34 points today despite the predictable playcalling, plus 7 dropped passes. Second, the Packers are 19-3 in their last 22 regular season games with MM calling the plays.

Well... if you agreed with all of the playcalling, you'd likely be the coach calling the plays and in that case somebody else would disagree with the playcalling.

bobblehead
09-14-2008, 09:46 PM

Quit bringing garbage like this to the discussion. Everyone knows that running on first down is predictable and boring. Wearing down the other teams DL early so you can own them late is foolish and never works. As a matter of fact every team in the NFL averages more per pass than per rush so we should ditch the run alltogether as it is less efficient.

TennesseePackerBacker
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
The sarcasm is flowing, I love it.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Second, the Packers are 19-3 in their last 22 regular season games with MM calling the plays.

Really????? Holy crap!

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2008, 12:06 AM
I'll just second the motion that Grant shouldn't have played today.

GoPackGo
09-15-2008, 10:20 AM
I'll just second the motion that Grant shouldn't have played today.

Everything I read all week described McCarthy wanting to sit Grant vs. the Lions but Grant was determined to play. Clearly Grant isn't ready to play. he needs to take next week off and reevaluate is hammy

Carolina_Packer
09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
During the second half, I was yelling for them to take Grant out since the game looked in hand (until the Lions came back) Why risk it? They didn't need Ryan yesterday, but I'm sure he wanted to be out there. He did nothing to distinguish himself. BJack looked better than he has. Grant just needs to heal up.

Pugger
09-15-2008, 02:16 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the belly laugh!!!!!!!! :D

cpk1994
09-15-2008, 02:22 PM

Yeah, dammit Mccarthy. Fucking idiot. Prolly the only coach in the NFL who likes to run on first down. Fuck him for trying to establish the run against a team who gave up 300 yards rushing to a team with a rookie QB. Guy is moron. Needs to be canned.Yeah, how soon people forget Mike "U-71" Sherman and his first down calls.