PDA

View Full Version : BRONCOS VERSUS CHARGERS

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
What a Great Game

Instant Replay is down so a missed call occurs that benefits Denver

Denver just drives down to tie the game with a TD and a whistle botches another fumble by Denver that would have ended the game.

Denver ties the game on a pass to their standout rookie WR

Then Shannahan, with balls of steel, at home.........goes for two

And Cutler hits the Rookie WR for the win

Justice would be served if SD won this game. The refs boned them.

Great Great Football Game.

Denver won by a point

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
It's hard for me to say great game when piss poor officiating changed the outcome.

pbmax
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
How dare we insult Ed "Guns" Hochuli! :shock:

boiga
09-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Still that was one heck of a ballsy call by shannahan to go for 2. It took them 4 chances to make it in the endzone to score the touchdown, and instead of tying the game up to go into overtime, they went for it.

Balls of steel. Sure, the refs screwed the chargers, but man, what a way to win the game.

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
That was a damn good game.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 07:10 PM
How dare we insult Ed "Guns" Hochuli! :shock:

Maybe Shanny has some of Ed's Balco receipts, or pictures with Harlan or something.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, the thing about Hochuli has never been the fact that he doesn't make mistakes. Referees make mistakes all the time, they're people. The thing about Hochuli is that he's always been there to explain the call on the field clearly, and forcefully with good humor.

He's not right or wrong significantly more often than anybody else. He's just always very much in control of the game.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 07:14 PM
It's not Ed's fault for the rules in place... the whistle was blown, therefore the ball can not be played from that point on... now you can make a case to not blow the whistle, but to bitch ad Ed for actually getting the call right on the field as it was, why?

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 07:40 PM
It's not Ed's fault for the rules in place... the whistle was blown, therefore the ball can not be played from that point on... now you can make a case to not blow the whistle, but to bitch ad Ed for actually getting the call right on the field as it was, why?

Because its his crew. They screwed up. It cost the Chargers the game.

I guarantee you they won't be getting any attaboys from the league office this week.

Freak Out
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Ed blew his whistle way to early...let the thing play out.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
I think the Packers would have beaten Philly in the 4th and 26 game if they had been given a similar mulligan by the refs.

boiga
09-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I think the Packers would have beaten Philly in the 4th and 26 game if they had been given a similar mulligan by the refs.

On the other hand, we lost the Dallas game last year in part because of a similar screw up by the refs. If there is any doubt that the play is not yet dead, they should hold their whistles and allow the play to unfold.

The chargers have every right to feel screwed, but they had their chances to win the game and they failed. The Broncos beat them on that 2pt conversion, and earned their win the hard way.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 08:08 PM

Ed thought he saw an incomplete pass, and he blew his whistle to avoid a scrum where Cutler and the Charger's player (and others who might jump in) fight for the ball. A player stands a chance of getting injured if there's a pileup, or a return of the fumble and that's bad for the NFL. So if Ed was correct in what he thought he saw, he absolutely made the right decision. Turns out he wasn't right, but referees at any level in any sport are always instructed to be assertive and confident even if they realize they have a reasonably good chance of being wrong.

The Chargers should blame the inability of their defense to stop the Broncos from 3rd and goal at the 10 or from the 2-point conversion attempt. How many games do you really deserve to win where you give up 31 legitimate points and then on top of that can't stop somebody on 3rd and goal from the 10?

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 08:09 PM

Ed thought he saw an incomplete pass, and he blew his whistle to avoid a scrum where Cutler and the Charger's player (and others who might jump in) fight for the ball. A player stands a chance of getting injured if there's a pileup, or a return of the fumble and that's bad for the NFL. So if Ed was correct in what he thought he saw, he absolutely made the right decision. Turns out he wasn't right, but referees at any level in any sport are always instructed to be assertive and confident even if they realize they have a reasonably good chance of being wrong.

The Chargers should blame the inability of their defense to stop the Broncos from 3rd and goal at the 10 or from the 2-point conversion attempt. How many games do you really deserve to win where you give up 31 legitimate points and then on top of that can't stop somebody on 3rd and goal from the 10?

None, the better team won the game... thats all I really care to see when I'm watching teams that don't matter to me