PDA

View Full Version : Curiously Absent

Chevelle2
09-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Are Merlin and Woodbuck etc.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 07:30 PM
No need to call people out. As with any message board, sometimes people get busy IRL, or just move on from various online communities they've been members of.

falco
09-14-2008, 07:30 PM
as much as you're right this thread is irrelevant

what about 4and12to12and4 ?? i'm really worried about that dude

Scott Campbell
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Mad traded Woody to a Jets forum for a ham sandwich. What a bunch of suckers those guys are.

Badgerinmaine
09-14-2008, 07:35 PM
No need to call people out. As with any message board, sometimes people get busy IRL, or just move on from various online communities they've been members of.
Agreed. Let's focus on enjoying the win.

BF4MVP
09-14-2008, 07:36 PM
As annoying as those guys' hatred of Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers was, I think they're Packer fans and wouldn't stop posting just because the Packers are doing well right now...

pack4to84
09-14-2008, 07:54 PM
my friend 4and12to12and4 has computer problems lost internet.

GBRulz
09-14-2008, 08:07 PM
As annoying as those guys' hatred of Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers was, I think they're Packer fans and wouldn't stop posting just because the Packers are doing well right now...

Agreed. I'd rather have posters with strong opinions vs posters who start threads like this.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 08:08 PM

Agreed. I'd rather have posters with strong opinions vs posters who start threads like this.

BOOM! I agree as well.. pointless to attack people

Partial
09-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Get this garbage out of here.

mission
09-14-2008, 08:10 PM

Hardly. There's really not much better than saying "i told you so -- you were WRONG" to someone ... that's what life is all about.

getting laid and being right... those two things at least.

the only people that hate threads like this are the people who are usually wrong. :lol:

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 08:12 PM
No I hate these threads because they do nothing for these forums... absolutely nothing... and specially after 2 games... 2 games and we get all this crapola that takes away from talking about the actual packers players and how they performed?... stupid

Partial
09-14-2008, 08:13 PM

Hardly. There's really not much better than saying "i told you so -- you were WRONG" to someone ... that's what life is all about.

the only people that hate threads like this are the people who are usually wrong. :lol:

The fact so many of you refuse to speak softly and carry a big stick, but would rather brag about how smart you are sickens me.

mission
09-14-2008, 08:17 PM

The fact so many of you refuse to speak softly and carry a big stick, but would rather brag about how smart you are sickens me.

ive been wrong a couple times here and just flat out came out and said i was wrong... without further explanation, without a BUT, without excuse ...

Not a lot of people do that. You just ignore the thread when you are wrong and act like you forgot about it.

And paco, if this thread adds nothing to the forum, ah... nevermind. :lol:

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Don't listen, Mission. You're a good poster. Nothing wrong with reminding people about the things they said AFTER it plays out. It's better than acting like a big man before the results are in anyway.

Badgerinmaine
09-14-2008, 08:21 PM
One day, many years from now, I hope to meet St. Peter in person. When I do, I don't think I'm going to be asked how many times I was right and able to rub it in to someone else, but how many times I was able to lift other people up.

We all love the Packers here, except for our small contingent of trolls. Most of them, as it happens, are pretty cool, too. Why focus on what divides us?

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Mission's doing fine. No reason to call him sickening IMO.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Don't listen, Mission. You're a good poster. Nothing wrong with reminding people about the things they said AFTER it plays out. It's better than acting like a big man before the results are in anyway.

The results are not in.. we've played 2 weeks of a 16 week season. And thats one season, no career.. so to come on here and try to feed people that you were right on a situation that hasn't played out is pointless and petty. It is also a lack of maturity in a lot of respects... but go ahead, thats just my two cents as I am trying to be a better "packerrat"

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Well, if you're going to play the "I told you so" game (which is usually poor form, but has its places), there are people who predicted that Rodgers would look terrible, get injured in the first game, and the Packers would completely collapse early on. The results are enough in to demonstrate that these people are wrong. No matter what you felt about this team in August, you have to admit that they've given us a lot of reasons to hope for good things.

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 08:36 PM
The QB was supposed to be sacked because Brett's rocket release saved the pathetic offensive line.

The running game was supposed to stall because Rodgers couldn't throw the ball down field.

The defense was supposed to crumble because Favre didn't keep the offense on the field for half of the game like he used ot do by himself.

All of these things you all said were going to happen didn't. At some point the bigger man would probably come forward and just admit they had no clue. The bigger man should probably not come out and say they were right, and you were wrong. Nobody seems to be being the bigger man lately.

Joemailman
09-14-2008, 08:38 PM

That's not true. I hate this thread and I'm always right.

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 08:41 PM
At the same time, Favre is getting sacked (by an OL stocked with premium picks and top UFA's).

He threw an INT that cost his team the go ahead points.

None of his stats are as good as Aaron's

His team has a worse record

Right down the line. We've had to listen about how average/awfull the team we cheer for was and how great the guy who left was and now we get to say "look, our team is good.". If people aren't insulting other people or being nutzo about it, I don't see what the big stink is.

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 08:42 PM
maybe they chose to go elsewhere because too many people were assholes and crossed the line to insult them on personal levels :idea:

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Well, there are no insults going on here.

Brando19
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
maybe they chose to go elsewhere because too many people were assholes and crossed the line to insult them on personal levels :idea:

Someone may have hit the nail on the head.

Chevelle2
09-14-2008, 08:47 PM

Go back in the archives. The people throwing out personal attacks were the Favre nut huggers.

Bretsky

That's not true. I hate this thread and I'm always right.

There are a lot of people who hate threads like this. I get plenty of input that would be consistent with that. And much is from more of the even keeled posters who were not on the side of Favre.

pbmax
Let's reverse course. I'll start.

I was dead wrong as I thought Rodgers would struggle early and possibly "get it" around, hopefully, playoff time.

I forgot the axiom that a new QB (see Anderson, Derek) often starts strong as people have little film and don't know their tendencies. I expect things will tighten up as we go along. Just as Rodgers adjusted today to the sudden deficit, I hope he adjusts to that as well.

Partial
09-14-2008, 08:51 PM
JUST SINCE YOU LOVE TO STIR THE POT I WILL GO AND GATHER STATISTICS:

The QB was supposed to be sacked because Brett's rocket release saved the pathetic offensive line.

SACKS TAKEN AGAINST VIKINGS: FAVRE 0, RODGERS 0
SACKS TAKEN AGAINST LIONS: FAVRE 0, RODGERS 1

INCREASE.

The running game was supposed to stall because Rodgers couldn't throw the ball down field.

RYAN GRANT LAST YEAR:
MINNESOTA : 4.8 YPC
DETROIT: 9.5 YPC
AVERAGE: 5.7 YPC

RYAN GRAN THIS YEAR:
MINNESOTA: 7.7 YPC
DETROIT: 1.3 YPC
AVERAGE: 4.1 YPC

The defense was supposed to crumble because Favre didn't keep the offense on the field for half of the game like he used ot do by himself.

ENDED UP DOWN WITH 5 MINUTES LEFT DESPITE STARTING WITH A 21 POINT LEAD. GOT LUCKY AT THE END AND DID WHAT IT TOOK TO PULL IT OUT THOUGH. HOW MANY MORE TIMES WILL THEY BE SO LUCKY?

All of these things you all said were going to happen didn't. At some point the bigger man would probably come forward and just admit they had no clue. The bigger man should probably not come out and say they were right, and you were wrong. Nobody seems to be being the bigger man lately.

POINTS SCORED LAST YEAR: 68 - 13
POINTS SCORED THIS YEAR: 72 - 44

AVERAGE MARGIN OF VICTORY LAST YEAR: 27.5
AVERAGE MARGIN OF VICTORY THIS YEAR: 14

COMPARING THE PACK VERSUS THE LIONS AND VIKES THIS YEAR FROM LAST YEAR.

STOP BEING A DICK, STOP STIRRING THE POT, AND STOP TRYING TO SHOW HOW RIGHT YOU ARE. IT IS FAR TOO SOON TO TELL ANYTHING. OUR TEAM IS PRETTY GOOD, AND WOULD BE JUST AS GOOD WITH FAVRE. LET IT DIE OR PLEASE LEAVE.

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Let's reverse course. I'll start.

I was dead wrong as I thought Rodgers would struggle early and possibly "get it" around, hopefully, playoff time.

I forgot the axiom that a new QB (see Anderson, Derek) often starts strong as people have little film and don't know their tendencies. I expect things will tighten up as we go along. Just as Rodgers adjusted today to the sudden deficit, I hope he adjusts to that as well.

Very good point. This thing is far from over. It's been a great first two games, better than I thought possible too. Let's see if it continues. We saw some adversity in the 3rd quarter. There will be adversity this season. There will be losses. Let's see how level headed the kid can be and if has a full arsenal of weapons when teams try to adjust. He's very similar to Romo IMO. Romo had a great half of a season and then slipped when teams figured him out. Will that happen to Arod? We'll find out.

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 08:52 PM

Just giving a logistical answer on why they might not be around.
Other than witnessing past insults......I have no idea if my theory is right.

retailguy
09-14-2008, 08:55 PM

I have evidence B, and you're spot on my friend.

The Shadow
09-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Not to worry.
Certian people will magically reappear with the same old anti-Thompson, pro-Favre vitriol when the Packers lose a game.

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 08:58 PM

INCREASE.

RYAN GRANT LAST YEAR:

RYAN GRAN THIS YEAR:

ENDED UP DOWN WITH 5 MINUTES LEFT DESPITE STARTING WITH A 21 POINT LEAD. GOT LUCKY AT THE END AND DID WHAT IT TOOK TO PULL IT OUT THOUGH. HOW MANY MORE TIMES WILL THEY BE SO LUCKY?

STOP BEING A DICK, STOP STIRRING THE POT, AND STOP TRYING TO SHOW HOW RIGHT YOU ARE. IT IS FAR TOO SOON TO TELL ANYTHING. OUR TEAM IS PRETTY GOOD, AND WOULD BE JUST AS GOOD WITH FAVRE. LET IT DIE OR PLEASE LEAVE.

Apples and oranges. We'll just have to agree to disagree to how well Rodgers is playing. I think he's playing great, just as I expected.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Not to worry.
Certian people will magically reappear with the same old anti-Thompson, pro-Favre vitriol when the Packers lose a game.

Is there a difference from the Pro-thompson and anti-favre people... nope! Just because youre on one side or the other of this fiasco doesn't make u better than anyone else... first it was the favre supporters being "jackasses" and now its the see, I told u TT was right people who are douches... its completely pointless

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM

If it's that bad, I'll do my part to chill out too.

Partial
09-14-2008, 09:04 PM

INCREASE.

RYAN GRANT LAST YEAR:

RYAN GRAN THIS YEAR:

Apples and oranges. We'll just have to agree to disagree to how well Rodgers is playing. I think he's playing great, just as I expected.

Who doesn't think he is playing great?!? How is that Apples to Oranges? You're the one who called someone out, talking big, and then when you get the numbers put in front of you?

Patlerized.

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 09:07 PM

Go back in the archives. The people throwing out personal attacks were the Favre nut huggers.

Some time ago I noted I would not respond to you again. I will try to keep my word better after this post and pledge the same once again.

First off my time is more valuable than to dig into past archives and bring stuff up for bad intentions or to make myself feel better about being right.

I often use these forums to joke about being wrong...I don't find pleasure in ripping on others due to their views on the Green Bay Packers.

The bad vibes went both ways; there were several lines crossed by "both" sides and it's ignorant to say all is on one view or the other. The "nut hugger" reference is the classic type of comment that most of us have moved on from.

RashanGary
09-14-2008, 09:09 PM

You must have forgotten to read my original post, Partial. I'll repost it. Did any of these things happen? Your stats hardly proved anything. In fact, I think they were down right useless as they relate to the current conversation.

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 09:10 PM

If it's that bad, I'll do my part to chill out too.

As I noted on my side that was a theory; I will say plenty are sick of the drama and want to move on.

I'm happy Aaron Rodgers seems ready to make us a legit SB contender and I hope AROD and TT bring us many titles in the next ten years.

bobblehead
09-14-2008, 09:25 PM

Generally people who are bragging about how smart they are, are blathering about their education....no need to actually be right...I HAVE AN MBA!!! (therefore my opinions on washed up QB's are more valid than yours)