PDA

View Full Version : the all-business one-pump hand shake...

gbgary
09-14-2008, 09:10 PM
did anyone else notice that. pretty cool. a lot better than the denver salute. if you missed it go back and look at the woodson int. 8-)

FOUND IT!! it only show rodgers though. go to the very end of the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rfNN0HirZw

Old School
09-15-2008, 01:05 AM
I thought a normal handshake was a lost art. Wood doesn't celebrate himself. Nice to see for a change.

VegasPackFan
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I did notice that while I was watching the game. He did it with a few players too, so I wonder if that is the new thing this year for this bunch.

RashanGary
09-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow, what an idiot.

Charles Woodson
09-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow, what an idiot.
This contributes to the thread how?
Gary is there a picture of it somewhere?

boiga
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
I think that was a mispost by JH. He was referring to the idiot Eagles receiver who dropped the ball 1 yrd from the goal while showboating.

Zool
09-15-2008, 09:44 PM
I noticed it too. One pump with a head nod.

gbgary
09-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow, what an idiot.
Gary is there a picture of it somewhere?

not that i know of. watch woodson (if you have recording of the game) going back to the sideline after the int touchdown. players and coaches all did it.

gbgary
09-15-2008, 11:37 PM
FOUND IT!! it only show rodgers though. go to the very end of the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rfNN0HirZw

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 11:42 PM
It kinda looked like "Hello my name is Charles. Very pleased to meet you."

channtheman
09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
I rewatched the game tonight (well fast forwarded between plays as well as the long scoring drought) and saw that tonight as well. Very classy by Woodson, and quite different from the antics of TO and others.

mraynrand
09-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Put 'er in the old vise!

BF4MVP
09-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Put 'er in the old vise!
bahaha that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that

pbmax
09-16-2008, 05:06 PM
I think the Packers are all secretly becoming Masons. And that will give us plenty of good intertubes reading considering every good conspiracy theory involves four things:

1. CIA, KGB or Mossad
2. Multinationals
3. Trilateral Commission or Ivy League School
4. 33rd Degree Freemasons

In fact, I think that is the plot of the 3rd National Treasure movie.

EDIT: We should probably combine this thread with the Viking QB conspiracy thread. All of Holmgren's coaches might be in on this as well.

Joemailman
09-16-2008, 08:29 PM
It kinda looked like "Hello my name is Charles. Very pleased to meet you."

That's what he should have said to Kitna.

Noodle
09-16-2008, 10:32 PM
It's certainly his signature move, and I dig it. Kind of a variation on the Bronco salute thing, but way cooler and without the redic miliatry overtones.

TheCheese
09-17-2008, 01:48 AM
It's certainly his signature move, and I dig it. Kind of a variation on the Bronco salute thing, but way cooler and without the redic miliatry overtones.

You gotta be a liberal.

MJZiggy
09-17-2008, 06:24 AM
This is football, not politics. Can we leave them in the Romper Room?

Noodle
09-17-2008, 08:30 AM
No, Cheese, I'm an Army veteran. Airborne. I trust you served as well?

There's a time and a place for everything, that's all.

And it's always the right time and place for a Woodson Grip & Nod!

cpk1994
09-17-2008, 09:55 AM
I think the Packers are all secretly becoming Masons. And that will give us plenty of good intertubes reading considering every good conspiracy theory involves four things:

1. CIA, KGB or Mossad
2. Multinationals
3. Trilateral Commission or Ivy League School
4. 33rd Degree Freemasons

In fact, I think that is the plot of the 3rd National Treasure movie.

EDIT: We should probably combine this thread with the Viking QB conspiracy thread. All of Holmgren's coaches might be in on this as well.Well the Packers do have KGB. :P

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Put 'er in the old vise!
bahaha that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that

Yes those were awesome last year and good to see handshakes making a comeback (sick of knuckle bumping, it's just dumb)......My buddies and I made a drinking game last year of it where we all had to slam beer while the "ole vise" handshake went on. That Viking game where Brett the Jet broke the TD record got us all fucked up.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bdXbSi1mmdMv/340x.jpg

TheCheese
09-18-2008, 02:45 AM
No, Cheese, I'm an Army veteran. Airborne. I trust you served as well?

There's a time and a place for everything, that's all.

And it's always the right time and place for a Woodson Grip & Nod!

No I have not served in the military, however that's very admirable for your time served.

Kinda threw me for a loop because I take it the "redic" was short for ridiculous, and saying ridiculous military overtones gave me the impression of viewpoints apt to be allied with the liberal point of view. My mistake.

Noodle
09-18-2008, 10:54 AM
No problemo TheCheese, my Packer brother.

I wasn't saying the military is redic (though trust me, it can be), I was saying it's a little silly for people to appropriate military bits or customs in to distinctly non-military situations. But I can see how you read it the way you did.

Anyway, I'm sure we both agree that the handshake is friggin' excellent and that the more times Woodson gets to do it, the better!

Zool
09-18-2008, 10:57 AM
No problemo TheCheese, my Packer brother.

I wasn't saying the military is redic (though trust me, it can be), I was saying it's a little silly for people to appropriate military bits or customs in to distinctly non-military situations. But I can see how you read it the way you did.

Anyway, I'm sure we both agree that the handshake is friggin' excellent and that the more times Woodson gets to do it, the better!

But Kellen Winslow is a soulja. Just ask him.

Noodle
09-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Dang, Zool, good point, I forgot all about Shitbrain First Class Winslow, a true Chairborne Warrior. I guess it's ok for him, seeing how he's earned it and all.