PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn... When does he get put in?

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Its been almost 2 games now for the Browns and they have 7 total points... when do they turn over the keys to Brady Quinn... I would like to see him now just to see and make it interesting in a game that doesnt mean anything to me

Brando19
09-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Now.

Partial
09-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I really like Brady Quinn. I think sitting on the bench for another year will bode well for him. He's got a heck of a physique and he seemed to have a knack for making his team around him much better in college.

Brando19
09-14-2008, 09:28 PM
I really like Brady Quinn. I think sitting on the bench for another year will bode well for him. He's got a heck of a physique and he seemed to have a knack for making his team around him much better in college.

Yeah look at Notre Dame's record with Quinn and the year after he left. The guy's a hell of a football player.

ND72
09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I said it during the draft process, and all of last year, people argued me all the time on it...Brady Quinn is a heck of a player. He single handedly made ND a good football team. I think sitting for him is going ot pay off, much like Aaron Rodgers. Makes him hungry, and makes him want to prove himself.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
It's a freaky windy game tonight, the Browns WRs have been dropping everything, and neither team has had a lot of success with precision passing. Too early to make conclusions about Anderson.

Zool
09-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Winslow is a stud, too bad he's such a moron.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 09:51 PM

has he done anything bad in the last couple years?

Zool
09-14-2008, 09:52 PM

Holding out after having 1 good year following 2 hurt years where he did nothing. Some BS last year too that he said to the media. Too lazy to look it up.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 09:53 PM

Holding out after having 1 good year following 2 hurt years where he did nothing. Some BS last year too that he said to the media. Too lazy to look it up.

Ya I just couldn't remember.. I knew he was a meat head though ha

Zool
09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh, and he's a SOULDJA. Almost forgot that gem.

Partial
09-14-2008, 09:58 PM

our gift is our curse

Zool
09-14-2008, 09:59 PM
That is fucking ridiculous. Cleveland is down 7 with 3:30 to go and they kick a FG on 4th down. Well guess what Crennell, you're still down a TD. He did that same shit last week. Down 28-7, they needed 3 TD's. So they kick a FG, and still need 3 TD's.

Prediction: He's going to be the first coach gone this season.

cpk1994
09-14-2008, 10:03 PM
That is fucking ridiculous. Cleveland is down 7 with 3:30 to go and they kick a FG on 4th down. Well guess what Crennell, you're still down a TD. He did that same shit last week. Down 28-7, they needed 3 TD's. So they kick a FG, and still need 3 TD's.

Prediction: He's going to be the first coach gone this season.Yes but you need two scores to win. A TD and a FG. HE got the FG. Now a TD wins it instead of ties it. ALl they need is a stop. This isn't rediculous.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 10:06 PM

Prediction: He's going to be the first coach gone this season.Yes but you need two scores to win. A TD and a FG. HE got the FG. Now a TD wins it instead of ties it. ALl they need is a stop. This isn't rediculous.

I agree with Zool though.. whos to say you even get the ball back? or that Pitt doesnt score?... I think sometimes you just have to lay it on the line and go for it.. worse case is ur still down 7 and they have shitty field position.. u still get ur chance for a hold another possesion

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM

I agree with Zool though.. whos to say you even get the ball back? or that Pitt doesnt score?... I think sometimes you just have to lay it on the line and go for it.. worse case is ur still down 7 and they have shitty field position.. u still get ur chance for a hold another possesion

kinda like what just happened

cpk1994
09-14-2008, 10:08 PM

I agree with Zool though.. whos to say you even get the ball back? or that Pitt doesnt score?... I think sometimes you just have to lay it on the line and go for it.. worse case is ur still down 7 and they have shitty field position.. u still get ur chance for a hold another possesionEither way you have to hold on defense to get the ball back to win. IF you go for it and fail, you are still down 7 and the TD only ties it. Kick the FG and the TD wins it as you have to get a stop on D anyway.

Pacopete4
09-14-2008, 10:10 PM

I agree with Zool though.. whos to say you even get the ball back? or that Pitt doesnt score?... I think sometimes you just have to lay it on the line and go for it.. worse case is ur still down 7 and they have shitty field position.. u still get ur chance for a hold another possesionEither way you have to hold on defense to get the ball back to win. IF you go for it and fail, you are still down 7 and the TD only ties it. Kick the FG and the TD wins it as you have to get a stop on D anyway.

but now they don't even have the CHANCE to tie it.. now they have the opportunity to watch the clock run out and if lucky, still be down 7 after a FG with about 5 secs remaining

Zool
09-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Its weak sauce to me. Go for the score and hope your D holds to get to OT, or possibly get the ball back with some time left.

Carolina_Packer
09-15-2008, 11:47 AM
If I recall right, they had a 4th and 7, so if they go for it and don't get the first down, they don't even score 3 and that could be deflating. That said, if they go for it and score a TD and tie it, then they keep the ball away from Pittsburgh. And, WTF was up with that short kick-off? If you're going to fake the onside, why not drill it as far as you can? To save clock? If you're going to lose, go down swinging.

Tony Oday
09-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I like Quinn but the guy had two GREAT WR targets and a solid RB. So he did have a better team around him than the current incarnation of the Irish.

GoPackGo
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM

He won't be fired. They just signed him to an extension

Freak Out
09-15-2008, 12:57 PM
And, WTF was up with that short kick-off? If you're going to fake the onside, why not drill it as far as you can? To save clock? If you're going to lose, go down swinging.

That was a strange one.....didn't they also have the wind at their back? Fuck it...just go for the onside!

cpk1994
09-15-2008, 01:35 PM

He won't be fired. They just signed him to an extensionMike Sherman kindly disagrees.

GoPackGo
09-15-2008, 01:39 PM
haha-good point