PDA

View Full Version : AJ Hawk

b bulldog
09-14-2008, 09:30 PM
He is playing his ass off and is having one hell of a start to the new season. Hopefully his play remains constant and he can get to the probowl. This is the "gentle, house broken bulldog"

Partial
09-14-2008, 09:32 PM
He's been playing like a literal wolverine lately. Just straight up mean and nasty.

The announcers today (awful) mentioned how he was not very strong in pass coverage. Funny, considering statistical analysts disagree and say he was one of, if not the strongest in coverage last year.

bobblehead
09-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Yea, starting to look comfortable and natural (and nasty).

Bretsky
09-14-2008, 09:33 PM
yes, he's really stepped up his game nicely. Even blitzing well. On passing downs it seems like Sanders is allowing him to be more aggressive via the blitz. At times he still looked hesitant last year.

This year he seems to be one step ahead

gbgary
09-14-2008, 09:36 PM
He's been playing like a literal wolverine lately. Just straight up mean and nasty.

awesome start this season. looks like he's a keeper. :lol:

The announcers today (awful) mentioned how he was not very strong in pass coverage. Funny, considering statistical analysts disagree and say he was one of, if not the strongest in coverage last year.

yes...we got the spare set of announcers today. i think they stay with the lions where ever they go.

ND72
09-14-2008, 09:45 PM
my picture says it all...

oregonpackfan
09-14-2008, 11:47 PM

In the first two games this year, when the Packers blitz a linebacker they have been sending Hawk rather than keeping him in coverage. You can't cover when you are blitzing. :roll:

The Packers have been relying more on Barnett for coverage in the "Nickel" rather an Hawk.

Bottom line is that Hawk has had two very strong games this year.

Gunakor
09-14-2008, 11:50 PM

Careful when saying he's playing like a "wolverine". Don't forget now, Hawk is a Buckeye. I don't think he'd like you too much if you called him a wolverine...

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2008, 12:09 AM
I remember when the Buckeyes and Wolverines had good football teams.

Stevogbfan
09-15-2008, 06:15 AM
his leaping sack was awesome, he's really looking good... the whole "D" is really looking good

pbmax
09-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Loved the sack. T2 might be on his way with landing a draft pick or two in the Pro Bowl. And if you haven't read McGinn's article on the game, its a must read. Bob is losing his mind he is so giddy.

He also takes a funny jab at T2, saying even Thompson can't hid his enthusiasm and then following with a typical T2 even keel quote. Good stuff. Its fun to win, esp. unexpectedly with 2-0.

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2008, 08:31 AM
It's all because I bought a new Hawk jersey for this season, that's why he's playing so well.

You're welcome.

boiga
09-15-2008, 11:05 AM
http://img37.picoodle.com/data/img37/3/9/15/t_bildem_5b9822e.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/9/15/f_bildem_5b9822e.jpg&srv=img37)

From GBPG (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=U0&Dato=20080914&Kategori=PKR0201&Lopenr=809140806&Ref=PH)

Hawk really lives up to his name. Got to love that wing span.

cpk1994
09-15-2008, 12:59 PM
[
yes...we got the spare set of announcers today. i think they stay with the lions where ever they go.Well, Matt V. did call Brewers games for a good number of years so he is used to seeing pathetic play in front of him.

rbaloha1
09-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Sanders is finally allowing Hawk to play fast and loose.

Even BP is much improved and assignment sure.