PDA

View Full Version : Fire TT for cutting Ryan

bobblehead
09-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I just noticed there wasn't a thread about that whiff in the end zone by frost...WTF happened there. I defend TT almost exclusively, but I may have cussed him out a bit in the heat of the game after that play.

Lurker64
09-14-2008, 11:54 PM
That was my "Bring Back Rob Davis" moment.

boiga
09-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I just noticed there wasn't a thread about that whiff in the end zone by frost...WTF happened there. I defend TT almost exclusively, but I may have cussed him out a bit in the heat of the game after that play.

I'd pick on Stock more than Ted for that one. Stock was the guy really high on Frost and dismissive or Ryan.

Still, it seems like a freak play with minimal chance of recurrence. It didn't lose the game for us and odds are against it happening again so Frost still has some leeway. After all, his kicking has been above par for the most part.

If he makes a pattern of this crap, then we can start gathering the pitchforks in a couple of weeks.

Gunakor
09-14-2008, 11:56 PM

He didn't have any 15 yard shanks either. It was one snap, and while it could have cost us the game it didn't. It wasn't a great snap either. I don't know. I think I like Frost's punt placement over Ryan's so I'm not bitter about it. If Frost makes a habit of missing snaps then I'll start to worry, but it was just one snap. We won, so I give him a pass this time. Slap on the wrist and a "don't you ever do that again" will suffice.

Partial
09-15-2008, 01:46 AM

Same here. I was blaming snapper and kicker, but in retrospect it wasn't too bad of a punt.

Stevogbfan
09-15-2008, 06:11 AM
i say fire the guys that start the "fire TT" posts

pbmax
09-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Bad hands on one play with a problematic snap. Cannot overreact. And he gets a freebie considering he and the snapper have been together less than a week.

There have been no shanks and most kicks have had good direction which is helping an already good coverage group.

MJZiggy
09-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Someone in another thread had reasoned that a safety wasn't the worst that could have happened. Had he gotten the kick off, it could have been shanked or blocked or given the kittens great field position resulting in 7 points rather than 2...Whoever you are, take credit, will ya?

gbpackfan
09-15-2008, 09:58 PM

Same here. I was blaming snapper and kicker, but in retrospect it wasn't too bad of a punt.

Are you two serious? Okay, the snap was a slice high but not really. A NFL punter should EASILY catch that snap. It was all on Frost. Any GM or coach in the NFL will tell you that.