PDA

View Full Version : Pre Season Questions - Regular Season Answers

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Here were my big 3:

DT? Check. So far anyway.
OL? Jury still out.
QB? Check. So far anyway.

I think the D-Line is getting a tremendous boost from a healthy Cullen Jenkins. The O-Line is not getting us beaten thus far, but they aren't lighting the world on fire either. Vikings and Bear fans have to be shaking their heads on Rodgers saying "it's like 1992 all over again, and were still stuck with Orton/Grossman/T-Jack".

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 09:36 AM
I'll add one more:

Was last years team a fluke? A one hit wonder?

Perhaps not.

pbmax
09-15-2008, 09:40 AM
I have a concern about the OL pass blocking, specifically the tackles. Tauscher and Clifton have been beaten each week so far. But its not like a fire drill back there. Isolated incidents, but its a poor trend.

On the DLine, Jolly has really improved over his preseason performance. But I agree with Scott, Jenkins might have made the biggest contribution. A healthy KGB also makes them look more like the guys from the first eight games in 2007 rather than the last eight in the pass rush.

sheepshead
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
I'll add one more:

Perhaps not.

I think this is impossible. You cannot win 13 games in the NFL in this day and age and call it a fluke. There is just no such thing. It's why I cannot understand seemingly knowledgeable Packer fans saying this team was going to go 9-7 or 8-8. That is only going to happen with significant injuries. Predicting that is just folly.

oregonpackfan
09-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I still have concerns about the OL. I would like to see fewer penalties for false start, illegal receiver downfield, etc. I would also like to see more effective run-blocking from them.

Patler
09-15-2008, 10:38 AM
The O-line remains unsettled.
The pressure from guys working against Clifton and Tauscher is surprising.
Colledge is still inconsistent.
Moll is probably even more inconsistent than Colledge.

I found it interesting that Barbre was brought in for a few series, with Colledge going to right guard. It was planned and not because of injury. Sitton will be back soon too. I would not be surprised to see the middle of the o-line being Barbre-Spitz-Sitton sometime soon.

Gunakor
09-15-2008, 02:01 PM
I'll add one more:

Perhaps not.

I think this is impossible. You cannot win 13 games in the NFL in this day and age and call it a fluke. There is just no such thing. It's why I cannot understand seemingly knowledgeable Packer fans saying this team was going to go 9-7 or 8-8. That is only going to happen with significant injuries. Predicting that is just folly.

The Bears won 13 games a couple of years ago...

FLUKE!!!

mission
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM
The Bears weren't a FLUKE... some of those end-of-game heroics were simply an act of JESUS.

That team had one of the "strangest" years I can remember ...

hoosier
09-15-2008, 02:16 PM
CJ's success in first two games has come against a third-stringer for the Vikings and the Lions. Hardly a test of fire. Let's see what he does this coming week against Floozelle. If he has another big game then maybe my expectations will start to go up.