PDA

View Full Version : Kick off and punt returns, Packers and Bears

Patler
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Was it my imagination, or did it seem like Blackmon was within a whisker of breaking away for a long, long run on each and every ball he fielded?

Anyone hear anything about the extent of Devon Hester's injury?

Have the Packers gained a huge weapon and the Bears lost theirs?

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
It's great seeing what Blackmon can do when healthy. Another call where the Packer coaches were right in keeping a guy around.

mission
09-15-2008, 11:57 AM
It wasn't your imagination... the guy looks electrifying out there. I guess he was right when he said he wasnt worried about anything this preseason amidst rumors of being cut. I hit him up on MySpace (he buys beats for one of his artists/friends... none from me yet tho) a few months back and we went back and forth a bit. Good conversation.

Told him he looked scary good out there yesterday and he said "ha good look my dude". That means "thanks" to those cool-impaired :P

Can talk about Howard and some of the other guys we've had and I know they've stayed healthy, played full seasons, got SB MVP awards and all that, but on talent alone, I have no question as to why we've kept him around so long. He's top level as far as that goes.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Was it my imagination, or did it seem like Blackmon was within a whisker of breaking away for a long, long run on each and every ball he fielded?

No, it wasn't your imagination. He's a real threat back there.

Unfortunately, when he does break another one, it's likely to get called back the way our special teams are playing.

pbmax
09-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Nothing should scare Jarrett Bush more straight than the thought of being the guy who gets flagged on a TD return. The blockers for Desmond Howard all talked about how they took extra care because they knew he might break one at any time.

Dabaddestbear
09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
I have watched him, and even I as Die Hard Bears fan must say he does look to have some wheels on him. He has quick feet, not real fast, but very quick feet. I like the way he stops on a dime and let a defender go by him and start it back up again...lol. -- But not in the class of Hester yet.

And as far as Hester, he just got some bruised ribs. He will be on top and still watching balls being kicked away from him on a regular. The Bears backup KR is good to in Manning and the Rookie Bennett.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
But not in the class of Hester yet.

I'm not sure anyone has ever been in the class of Hester - as a returner. I take comfort in his skills as a receiver.

The Shadow
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
I have watched him, and even I as Die Hard Bears fan must say he does look to have some wheels on him. He has quick feet, not real fast, but very quick feet. I like the way he stops on a dime and let a defender go by him and start it back up again...lol. -- But not in the class of Hester yet.

And as far as Hester, he just got some bruised ribs. He will be on top and still watching balls being kicked away from him on a regular. The Bears backup KR is good to in Manning and the Rookie Bennett.

And the Titanic just grazed a little old iceberg?

Dabaddestbear
09-15-2008, 08:00 PM

And the Titanic just grazed a little old iceberg?
lol....
hey, that was just an ice cube that fell out the tray :oops:

Dabaddestbear
09-15-2008, 08:02 PM
But not in the class of Hester yet.

I'm not sure anyone has ever been in the class of Hester - as a returner. I take comfort in his skills as a receiver.
Yeah, well we are not sure what all he will do as a WR. But with those hands, quick thinking on his feet, and speed, as Bear fans we are dying to find out....or dying waiting for the QB to get him the ball. :roll: