PDA

View Full Version : Former packers of 07`

packers11
09-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Anyone keeping an eye on the packers that left the team???

How is C. Williams doing??? Was he worth the 40-50 mill?

Morency find a team yet???

We all know how Favre is doing so no updates in that category... :lol:

Pugger
09-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I am one of those that shed no tears when TT traded C. Williams to Cleveland. Last season after Jolly went on IR Cory had ample opportunities to shine and he just didn't. :roll:

mission
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
And judging by our DLine play yesterday, it's easy to understand how a dude who's always fresh can come in 50% of the time and pick up a few numbers/stats here and there. Those guys are collectively a beast and now that he has to be more of the man, he's just not shining at all.

TT, more or less, looks like a genius ...

Lurker64
09-15-2008, 02:45 PM
The jury is out on Williams. He got stoned against the Cowboys with 2 tackles (1 solo) and performed better against the Steelers with 8 tackles (4 solo) and half a sack. So far that doesn't seem to be worth a second round pick and what Cleveland paid him, but it could just be him getting used to the new position in the new system.

But he absolutely has not stood out in Cleveland so far.

rbaloha1
09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
The jury is out on Williams. He got stoned against the Cowboys with 2 tackles (1 solo) and performed better against the Steelers with 8 tackles (4 solo) and half a sack. So far that doesn't seem to be worth a second round pick and what Cleveland paid him, but it could just be him getting used to the new position in the new system.

Unfortunately the second round pic turned out to be Brian Brohm.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 05:46 PM

You would think it would be a lot harder to dog Brohm knowing how Rodgers stunk up his first couple of camps. The McCarthy Magic QB Mojo takes a few seasons.

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Rodgers wasn't very good his rookie year, but he was much improved in year two. I wouldn't say he struggled that second year. And to my recollection, Rodgers didn't struggle nearly as much as Brohm did this preseason.

pbmax
09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Somehow I watched most of that game and completely missed him. Is he playing on passing downs only or rotating?

mmmdk
09-15-2008, 07:01 PM

Stick Brohm !

Badgerinmaine
09-16-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't think Morency has caught on anyplace yet.

boiga
09-16-2008, 10:27 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/16/return-of-the-koren/#comments

Koren Robinson will be signed by the Seahawks today!

Good for him. I liked Koren while he was here and wish him the best.

channtheman
09-16-2008, 11:58 AM

I never really like Koren Robinson. It always seemed to me that Favre would think of him as a go to guy and he would throw 3 straight incompletions to the guy even when he had Jennings, Jones, and Driver all right there.

Guiness
09-16-2008, 12:02 PM

That's something - he was basically run out of town there, and with what ended up happening in Minn, I think they probably thought that was a good idea.

They are some kind of hurting for receivers though.

boiga
09-16-2008, 12:04 PM
As a player, he was so so. But as a person, it was hard not to root for Koren. He'd been through a lot and had made nearly every mistake you could make as a NFL player. But he came around, cleaned up, and while he never excelled, he did contribute.

I always figured that his influence inside the locker room teaching the younger players the risks of NFL life was more valuable than his play on the field.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2008, 12:14 PM

he looked pretty poor in his comeback, this is a surprise.

boiga
09-16-2008, 12:36 PM
he looked pretty poor in his comeback, this is a surprise. Have you seen any of the Seahawks games? Their top 4 WR's are injured. They even brought in their backup QB to play receiver, and HE got injured.

The guys they have in there can't catch a cold. K-Rob will be an upgrade, even if he would only be the 3rd WR on any other team.

channtheman
09-16-2008, 12:57 PM
As a player, he was so so. But as a person, it was hard not to root for Koren. He'd been through a lot and had made nearly every mistake you could make as a NFL player. But he came around, cleaned up, and while he never excelled, he did contribute.

I always figured that his influence inside the locker room teaching the younger players the risks of NFL life was more valuable than his play on the field.

Fair enough. I guess with all the injuries the Seahawks have at that position, they don't really have a choice.

Badgerinmaine
09-16-2008, 01:23 PM

I never really like Koren Robinson. It always seemed to me that Favre would think of him as a go to guy and he would throw 3 straight incompletions to the guy even when he had Jennings, Jones, and Driver all right there.

But is that his fault? Favre made the choice of who to throw to.
I agree about the Seahawks being desperate--I wish Koren well. he has come a long way in straightening out his life.

Guiness
09-16-2008, 01:42 PM
One thing I don't understand is NFL teams reluctance to do mid-season trades. You would think Holmgren would be calling TT (they know each other) to see what he wants for our JJ or Ruvell?

From our standpoint, I don't see much dropoff if our #4 becomes our #3, and/or our #5 -> #4.

sepporepi
09-16-2008, 01:48 PM
If they really like him, they will giv him his favorite parking lot to sleep back :shock:

But seriously, I hope he doesn't revert to his old habits in the old enviroment.

boiga
09-17-2008, 12:08 PM
According to PFT, the Browns coaches are experiencing some buyers remorse about Williams.
Word is that some of the defensive coaches are upset because Corey Williams (who arrived via trade) has been viewed from the inside as a bust to date...
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/17/friction-between-savage-browns-coaches/

TT for GM of the year? Sometimes that guy seems prescient.

Scott Campbell
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Corey Williams is only bad relative to his contract value. He's still a good player.

Patler
09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Corey Williams is only bad relative to his contract value. He's still a good player.

That's exactly right. They are paying him to be a dominating player, and he is just a good player that most teams would want, but at a lower cost. Corey Williams isn't the bust. Their GM and contract negotiators are the busts in that deal.